PDA

View Full Version : Disscuss this.

Vestige
03-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Homework. I think school is for school, mon-friday 8:30am-3:15.

MedeDust
03-26-2012, 12:28 AM
I don't get it.

Silko
03-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Do your homework. I hate it as much as the next guy but it has a purpose and bitching about won't solve anything. Trust me, the farther you go into your education you would be surprise how important homework becomes. Ex: Last semester in my Calculus class we got homework that we will never tern in for credit. Now why would I do something that I won't get a lick of credit for? To practice. Same thing for English. You write to improve your writing. Science? Learn the concepts until you can say them in your sleep.

I fucken HATE HW. But there is a reason for it. Stay in School kids

MedeDust
03-26-2012, 12:33 AM
It's called self discipline. I learned that hw is an essential practice the hard way. A teacher will not be there your whole life to walk you through your whole life you must learn to take up your education into your own hands and learn to edify yourself as much as possible by yourself. Thats when you really do learn actually. Hell, nobody taught me graphic design when I started I just started messing around and I searched by myself for ideas and tutorials same goes for being poetic or being a great writer/reader. It takes self discipline. Thats what HW teaches you.

Silko
03-26-2012, 12:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9RCpXMiLTA

Vestige
03-26-2012, 12:56 AM
I learn more in school than taking it home, personally. I just am wondering what others think, also to get a topic going.

Silko
03-26-2012, 01:00 AM
I think You rack disciprine!!

Vestige
03-26-2012, 01:03 AM
I think You rack disciprine!!

No I "rack" patience for something I am not interested in. I think real lessons are learned from experience. If school may be one, then I will go to school, and it is; so I go. But homework I hate it.

MedeDust
03-26-2012, 01:35 AM
Theres a lesson you won't learn untill your done with school. Trust me I said the exact words you said.

bazongaman502
03-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Wait till you go to college, your teacher doesnt give a shit about your education.. high school homework is getting you ready for the big bomb in college

Juggernaut9473
03-26-2012, 06:47 AM
just to the damn homework -_-

Nocte
03-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Ya, I wish High School like College. You take classes that you want to take....

Silko
03-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Ya, I wish High School like College. You take classes that you want to take....

Thats so not true. I have take art classes and other bullshit classes I don't want to take so I can get credits I need to transfer to a 4 year. In fact in college you have to take MORE bullshit classes then when you are in High School.

d3ad1te
03-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Bah HW

Mythonian
03-26-2012, 01:22 PM
xD

Yes, for the most part you learn the useful stuff in class. The homework is not supposed to teach you anything new, the homework is only intended to pound it into your brain so that twenty years from now you can recall the knowledge and do something productive.

In several of my college courses, I've got middle-aged people who came back to school because they slacked off or didn't try hard enough the first time.

Seeing them is like the best motivation possible: because you sure as hell don't want to come back to school 30 years from now, I assume?

Well, it's your life and you'll live it how you want to. If you want to succeed, you'll suck it up and do the dirty shit now so that 30 years from now you can live in a nice house and will have a nice retirement plan prepared. If you decide to slack off and only do the minimum, you'll be one of those people forced to come back to school and who will be working until you're 80.

Good luck... >.>

MedeDust
03-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Mythonian is gonna live in a nice house.

Nocte
03-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Mythonian is gonna live in a nice tower.

Fixed :p

Mi Boys Dinner
03-26-2012, 02:48 PM
My Pharmacy Tech class is awesomesauce. We have a homework sheet to do and I already got it done.

Truthfully, I never really did well in middle school or high school. I just made by with slacking grades.

But it's something you need and I wish I could go back and fix my mistakes, but think of it as building character. Now I actually attempt to work hard at learning as much as I can because it will get you far in life, but that's just my opinion.