PDA

View Full Version : FC Promo video

bazongaman502
03-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Shot the videos last night and spent all morning slapping it together... it can be better and i have another planned and it will be epic but ill need a shit load of voice actors for it...

Anyways, hope you enjoy it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg9LEm-2Yx4&feature=youtu.be

VerbotenDonkey
03-28-2012, 05:53 PM
My only qualm is that they technically aren't "Armies." >_>

But none-the-less, I'm very happy that you're putting in the time for things like these. Well done. I'm glad you're doing what you're doing. ^_^

Pretty sure you should get vCash for that xD

bazongaman502
03-28-2012, 05:57 PM
My only qualm is that they technically aren't "Armies." >_>

Meh lol

But none-the-less, I'm very happy that you're putting in the time for things like these. Well done. I'm glad you're doing what you're doing. ^_^

Thank you ^.^

Pretty sure you should get vCash for that xD

meh, not a big deal if i dont

Maxdoggy
03-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Didn't you upload this before? It just seems very similar...lol. Regardless, I liked it.

bazongaman502
03-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Didn't you upload this before? It just seems very similar...lol. Regardless, I liked it.

Sir... i believe you are tripping lol

No i recorded all of the clips last night and did the video editing this morning

Carpe Vexillum
03-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Ring around the rosie pockets full of posies ashes ashes they all fall down.

RaZ Vader
03-28-2012, 08:04 PM
This does seem familiar in a way. (the game-play footage) The music is overused! Heavily. Other than that, Its not bad. I mean, your talking to a guy that was part of an epic promo that obtained over 40 Recruits in one given day. NOW THAT is a promo video. It was uploaded to machinima, youtube, everywhere.

What did that promo have that this doesn't?

• Comedy & Interviews

If you really wanna learn how to make a kick-ass promo, contact myself or spartanBH or anyone else was around since halo 2, and they will tell you what a promo should be, thanks to the late great chef bobdrick.

but it isn't bad. Will it get us members? Maybe..

bazongaman502
03-28-2012, 08:54 PM
This does seem familiar in a way. (the game-play footage) The music is overused! Heavily. Other than that, Its not bad. I mean, your talking to a guy that was part of an epic promo that obtained over 40 Recruits in one given day. NOW THAT is a promo video. It was uploaded to machinima, youtube, everywhere.

What did that promo have that this doesn't?

• Comedy & Interviews

If you really wanna learn how to make a kick-ass promo, contact myself or spartanBH or anyone else was around since halo 2, and they will tell you what a promo should be, thanks to the late great chef bobdrick.

but it isn't bad. Will it get us members? Maybe..

its just a small promo, no one should be expectin much out of this.. it was for fun and to test what i can do for the key promo im working on... Interviews sound like a great idea like you have mentioned (iv seen them), however they are dull... People like action and action brings people in, so thats what im gonna do... want an interview promo? get Deadite or someone else to do it, cuz thats not me... sorry RaZ i understand your point, but im not gonna do that

Reaper
03-28-2012, 10:32 PM
i like how halfway in the vid a REDD was shooting another REDD

Mr Funktastiiic
03-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Typical redds... always shooting there team mates

Blackhawk570
03-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Best DMR shooting at 1:28

EriRi 1138
03-30-2012, 01:27 PM
While I'm happy that you took the time and initiative to do this and get our name out there (even if it was just to test your software and see what you could do), I really, really don't like this. Call me a perfectionist or anal or whatever (it's nothing personal, I promise) but I just believe if we are going to do any promos, all of them need to be high quality jobs.

Imagine I've never heard of FC and I discovered that video on YouTube. From the first few frames I see that the pan is choppy and doesn't flow very well. From that I can already tell this wasn't made by machinima professionals (again, I know you aren't and that you were just experimenting). Just generally speaking, outside viewers who notice that (or at least the more competent ones) will be turned off quickly. If that didn't get them, surely the overused music and footage of amateur gameplay would be pretty boring/white noise to them.

We need to pool ALL OF OUR EFFORTS together to make THE Promo for FC. No more Little Jimmy made one over here, Little Steven made a couple over here, etc. Quality, not quantity, is what will get us a lot of members (by being shared and spread to popular sites, etc) and good members, at that (and by good i don't mean in skill, i mean through discipline and creativity).

Focus on action yes, but also comedy. And our backstory. CAPITALIZE on our backstory. Show the outside world that we aren't just a matchmaking group with fancy names for our factions. That being said, like Donkey mentioned, neither of the factions are armies. And this isn't just directed at you, Bazonga. Everyone seems to get this wrong when using the names in any sort of context.

It's the REDD. The Royal Enforcer Deployment Division. Not REDD Army. And it's the BLUE. The Brotherhood Legion of United Exiles. Not BLUE Army. If the promo gets more in-depth with that with the story (and it should) head over to Kuhblam's subforum with all the canon material.

I don't mean to harp on you Bazonga, and I'm really not. My main concern is that lots of different members tend to create many different promos for us, which on one hand is great because it's getting our name out there, but I strongly believe we need to put the time into ONE promo, collectively, over a significant period of time, so that it's near perfect, and can go down in history as being almost successful as the Chef Bobdrick promo.

Notice how that's referred to as the Chef Bobdrick promo. It's iconic. It's memorable. That's what we need to shoot for.

bazongaman502
03-30-2012, 02:31 PM
While I'm happy that you took the time and initiative to do this and get our name out there (even if it was just to test your software and see what you could do), I really, really don't like this. Call me a perfectionist or anal or whatever (it's nothing personal, I promise) but I just believe if we are going to do any promos, all of them need to be high quality jobs.

Imagine I've never heard of FC and I discovered that video on YouTube. From the first few frames I see that the pan is choppy and doesn't flow very well. From that I can already tell this wasn't made by machinima professionals (again, I know you aren't and that you were just experimenting). Just generally speaking, outside viewers who notice that (or at least the more competent ones) will be turned off quickly. If that didn't get them, surely the overused music and footage of amateur gameplay would be pretty boring/white noise to them.

We need to pool ALL OF OUR EFFORTS together to make THE Promo for FC. No more Little Jimmy made one over here, Little Steven made a couple over here, etc. Quality, not quantity, is what will get us a lot of members (by being shared and spread to popular sites, etc) and good members, at that (and by good i don't mean in skill, i mean through discipline and creativity).

Focus on action yes, but also comedy. And our backstory. CAPITALIZE on our backstory. Show the outside world that we aren't just a matchmaking group with fancy names for our factions. That being said, like Donkey mentioned, neither of the factions are armies. And this isn't just directed at you, Bazonga. Everyone seems to get this wrong when using the names in any sort of context.

It's the REDD. The Royal Enforcer Deployment Division. Not REDD Army. And it's the BLUE. The Brotherhood Legion of United Exiles. Not BLUE Army. If the promo gets more in-depth with that with the story (and it should) head over to Kuhblam's subforum with all the canon material.

I don't mean to harp on you Bazonga, and I'm really not. My main concern is that lots of different members tend to create many different promos for us, which on one hand is great because it's getting our name out there, but I strongly believe we need to put the time into ONE promo, collectively, over a significant period of time, so that it's near perfect, and can go down in history as being almost successful as the Chef Bobdrick promo.

Notice how that's referred to as the Chef Bobdrick promo. It's iconic. It's memorable. That's what we need to shoot for.

That, i can accept and 99% agree with.... i dont understand why you guys want comedy so much, however if thats what you guys demand, fine... im against it, however i can work with it...

Want the perfect Promo? lets all group together and plan one out, then work on the footage for it... i already had another plan for a Promo, but i think i can just try to make that into a short video series instead and not put FC in it.

Anyways, lets colaberate

d3ad1te
03-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Bazonga's vid spurred me into creating a promo.

I'm 2 minutes in so far.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-30-2012, 02:44 PM
I actually don't enjoy promos with comedy in them....usually the only people laughing are the ones in the video........

I think the best promo videos are the ones with lots of action and dead BLUEs.

EriRi 1138
03-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Thank you David. You're kind of my hero.

Spartanbh
03-30-2012, 07:17 PM
That, i can accept and 99% agree with.... i dont understand why you guys want comedy so much, however if thats what you guys demand, fine... im against it, however i can work with it...

Comedy shows people that while we are a very serious group, we are still very fun and can be extremely lighthearted. Our very first promo was very funny and I can 100% fully tell you that the reason it recruited over 100 people was because they saw that we can be a hilarious group of people, while at the same time we keep that serious side.

I wouldn't make the entire video a comedy though, it just has to be those subtle funny remarks. Our first promo had these phases (if I remember correctly):

1. Started out with a cool battle
2. Gave information on the community; names of armies, rules and regs, etc...
3. Short interviews with the leaders of the armies
4. Funny things such as "we have annual golf outing tournaments" where lococrazyy got launched by a warthog or "Everyone is allowed in our community...except Polish people" and of course, Malkiewicz's promotion, where the guy whose spot he took over got shot in the head and the Blue leader said "Congrats Malkie, your promoted!"

Just those little slap-stick clips can bring in people who want to join a place that knows how to have fun!

d3ad1te
03-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Tomorrow after the battle-night if anyone wants to help me film the end of a battle scene lmk!

bazongaman502
03-31-2012, 09:25 PM
Comedy shows people that while we are a very serious group, we are still very fun and can be extremely lighthearted. Our very first promo was very funny and I can 100% fully tell you that the reason it recruited over 100 people was because they saw that we can be a hilarious group of people, while at the same time we keep that serious side.

I wouldn't make the entire video a comedy though, it just has to be those subtle funny remarks. Our first promo had these phases (if I remember correctly):

1. Started out with a cool battle
2. Gave information on the community; names of armies, rules and regs, etc...
3. Short interviews with the leaders of the armies
4. Funny things such as "we have annual golf outing tournaments" where lococrazyy got launched by a warthog or "Everyone is allowed in our community...except Polish people" and of course, Malkiewicz's promotion, where the guy whose spot he took over got shot in the head and the Blue leader said "Congrats Malkie, your promoted!"

Just those little slap-stick clips can bring in people who want to join a place that knows how to have fun!

fair enough

Spartanbh
03-31-2012, 11:44 PM
All in all though Bazonga, thanks for at least trying to get us back in the spotlight and getting these videos on a roll. At least someone is doing shit. All you gotta do is just spruce up the video and add some stuff, but no one can get shit perfect on their first time. Keep it up though! Proud of you =)

bazongaman502
03-31-2012, 11:51 PM
All in all though Bazonga, thanks for at least trying to get us back in the spotlight and getting these videos on a roll. At least someone is doing shit. All you gotta do is just spruce up the video and add some stuff, but no one can get shit perfect on their first time. Keep it up though! Proud of you =)

10-4

ArchAngelLloyd
04-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Welp you got me LOL. My Kids and I do a small Machinima series our selfs and I just joined F.C. I'f you want you can check out my voice Here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIcpWeu4KhU
I do 2 of the voices I'n this scene I also can do a few other voice styles as well. I just have 1 stipulation I wouldn't be able to do a major role I can do supporting roles though through out some episode's you need me for.
Just message me here or on xbox my gamer tag is the same as my user name is here. If you message me on xbox just mention the F.C. I'f you like what you hear. Then let me know and I'll give you my e-mail addy for when your ready to send out the scripts.

Harri51
05-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Not to shabby. I love that you did it to do it. I do a lot of machinima work and scripts. Try more dynamic next time then gameplay to get the real feel for recruitment or promotion of FC. But over all keep going.