PDA

View Full Version : Grifball

Coda
03-30-2012, 08:20 PM
While playing a quick game of Grifball on matchmaking to pass the time, I thought of an idea. If each army had a (or several) grifball team(s), REDD and BLUE could also have grifball games every week, along with the usual game nights. It could be a fun event. It will add a new competition, and a new factor in the everlasting REDD vs. BLUE war. We could use the standard grifball games found on matchmaking, or slightly change the it and create FC's very on variation on the game.
I don't know if this idea has been proposed before, or have any clue what the community's view on this will be, for I have not been with FC for very long. So, what do you guys think?

VerbotenDonkey
03-30-2012, 08:34 PM
We've had this idea come up before xD

It couldn't be mixed into the actual battle nights, as those are more serious (I highly doubt two factions would ever battle over a game of Grifball xD No offense), but if enough people want it added, we could do a separate Grifball weekly event, separate from the actual FC War, but still REDD vs BLUE.

Coda
03-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I know. I was thinking it would be on a separate day, and much more relaxed. I think it would be interesting to have the intense REDD/BLUE war going on, along with some friendly competition off to the side.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Yea that sounds like fun Coda, I have too much on my plate to organize it but if somebody else wants to pick it up I'd love to participate.

Spartanbh
03-30-2012, 08:43 PM
I like the idea and we could definitely set up a forum for you guys if there are enough people willing to make an "FC Grifball League" of some kind =)

Coda
03-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Just out of curiosity, how would you guys know if people want this or not? Would they have to post here, or contact the people that can create it through other means... Or something else? I'm not sure on how that would work

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-31-2012, 02:15 AM
Just make a topic asking who would be interested. Or you could just start it up and see who shows.

Mr Funktastiiic
03-31-2012, 04:12 AM
When i first joined me and pie tried to make a tournament but not a lot of people wanted to join but hey im up for it :D I used to play in the old EU league so what rules would you use? the league rules (9 rounds) or the playlist settings (shit)

MedeDust
03-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Hey it's like the olympics in WWII.

If you want to know how many people, make a poll.

Coda
03-31-2012, 06:27 PM
What is the best forum to put the poll in? The suggestions forum, like this thread? Or is there a better place?
Also, thank you for your feedback :)

H2O Yordle
04-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Or you could make a team(Or more) and join one of the leauges.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-01-2012, 12:16 PM
To be honest I like Halo Hockey more than any of the other halo sports (Halo-ball, grifball, etc).

At least when Assassinations are turned off.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
^I completely agree with you Surrounded.

Oh and Coda, If you were to make a topic like that I would probably go with either the events forums or open conversation.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-01-2012, 12:39 PM
If this happens and there are multiple teams I think someone should set up a tournament and have the runner-ups and winners receive VCash.

If there ends up being only REDD and BLUE team than maybe the winners of each match win their army 100-200cR (Or more depending on how many games there are) for the wars.