PDA

View Full Version : This may sound weird....

VerbotenDonkey
04-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Im mobile so this'll be brief.

I had an idea that new Recruits to the War would get to spend one War with the Army they choose ... but after that War it's mandatory they switch and spend one War with the opposing Faction. Then after that they can choose where to go. This way they know both ends of the community.

But Donkey what if they joined to play with their friends? Well them maybe their friends could follow them over. =)

Deathhawk
04-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Only problem I have is that 2 wars is a considerable amount of time.

Anarchy
04-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Im mobile so this'll be brief.

I had an idea that new Recruits to the War would get to spend one War with the Army they choose ... but after that War it's mandatory they switch and spend one War with the opposing Faction. Then after that they can choose where to go. This way they know both ends of the community.

But Donkey what if they joined to play with their friends? Well them maybe their friends could follow them over. =)
I respectfully disagree. It just seems like too much...

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-04-2012, 06:12 PM
I like the idea a lot...but the BLUEs are right. It would take a while.

Spartanbh
04-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I like it =).

MedeDust
04-04-2012, 06:48 PM
The only way you will ever like something is if it doesnt affect you personally. Havent we already learned that?

Anarchy
04-04-2012, 06:50 PM
The only way you will ever like something is if it doesnt affect you personally. Havent we already learned that?

This doesn't affect me... :/

Coda
04-04-2012, 07:04 PM
That sounds like a good idea. However, I agree that it would take a lot of time. That could be a problem

VerbotenDonkey
04-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Only problem I have is that 2 wars is a considerable amount of time.

Yes but one War is on the Army of their choice anyway. So it's really only one War.

And of course Mede, I know this is counterintuitive to what most people want. I just think that it would make us more community oriented if we all saw both sides of the coin. I've already done multiple tours for both Factions, and I'd be willing to again.

Silko
04-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I can see the merit in this. I think it would have been a great idea if we started that from the beginning. Rather hard to implement now.

Spartanbh
04-04-2012, 07:17 PM
We could have a grandfather rule and make this only for NEW recruits. Anyone who has been in the wars before this rule is put in doesn't have to do it if they don't want to

bazongaman502
04-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Its a great idea, but like how everyone has said already, it will be hard to implement now.... New rule for Halo 4? idk, but i dont think this idea should get thrown out the window yet, it has a good cause to it

Puba
04-04-2012, 08:04 PM
i disagree. i love redd and i dont plan on going to blue ever . never know maybe a recurit might seem the same way

MedeDust
04-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Understand that for us guys that have been here a very long time, we have no problem, because our experience here has been through the worst and the greatest so of coarse having complete control over people's free will, will seem good, and to the newer guys it will seem terrible. Of coarse none of you thought of it like that though.

We want to give them the same choice we had, because that's what kept us here and kept FC alive. Now it just seems people want to run the show how they want to make it seem pleasing to themselves. We're not going to be here forever let's give our newer guys the experience they deserve not what we want to see. We talk about recruiting being our biggest concern and to always focus on recruits well let's actually do that by including their perspective.

What now that OP FS failed it's purpose we want to apply a more down to the point rule. That's BS. And I'm not attacking you with anything Donkey It's just the overall thinking behind the ones that will support you.

The problem of this so called "unbalance" can not be fixed by forcing changes. Otherwise force Obama to go Republican then we can have the republicans back in. Yeah no.

It's a great idea and well thought out but the probability of it working is about 21%

Of coarse just my opinion again.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Perhaps we can create a new thread for when a new member joins that they can post in before they join an army. Any new members who post in that thread will be paired up with one BLUE and one REDD officer. and they have a week to play with both, that'd be a much quicker way to find out which army they'd like to join. They can talk to each officer and ask questions, get to know them and the other soldiers in each army so they can make an informed decision on which army they'd prefer to join.

Thoughts?

bazongaman502
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Perhaps we can create a new thread for when a new member joins that they can post in before they join an army. Any new members who post in that thread will be paired up with one BLUE and one REDD officer. and they have a week to play with both, that'd be a much quicker way to find out which army they'd like to join. They can talk to each officer and ask questions, get to know them and the other soldiers in each army so they can make an informed decision on which army they'd prefer to join.

Thoughts?

I like it, short, simple and gives everyone an ability to see the other side as well