PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Choca Cola
09-03-2012, 10:10 PM
What possessed you to post this man? Spoilers half ruined Halo: Reach for me.

Nicholas Sapien
09-03-2012, 10:13 PM
What possessed you to post this man? Spoilers half ruined Halo: Reach for me.

lol reach was crap to begin with. :p

SuRroundeD By 1
09-03-2012, 10:16 PM
lol reach was crap to begin with. :p

If you had a thank button, I would be jamming it right now.

TU was the best thing to happen to Reach, if I hadn't found FC last year I wouldn't have touched the game at all pre-TU.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Oh, and, Visor Colors/ Stances

Yes you read that right, stances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk3gP_f8fm8

Coda
09-03-2012, 10:25 PM
I curse those who look for spoilers. Spoilers are called spoilers cuz they (you guessed it) SPOIL!

I don't look for them. If they're there, I consider reading/watching them.

Guzzie
09-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Finally a red visor!

Maxdoggy
09-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Holy Halo 4 News, Batman! (Courtesy of @GamerDirt (twitter.com/GamerDirt))

Halo 4 Dominion Multiplayer Mode Detailed (http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-12909-Halo-4-Dominion-Multiplayer-Mode-Detailed.html?utm_source= dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

RT @g4tv: NEW Halo 4 gameplay footage arrives! Get a glimpse of the first campaign mission: g4.tv/NFpXRu

RT @X360A: Latest Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Preview Vid Gives You a Lecture: http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-12906-Latest-Halo-4--Forward-Unto-Dawn-Preview-Vid-Gives-You-a-Lecture.html?utm_source=d lvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RT @joystiq: Halo 4's Campaign, War Games and Spartan Ops in latest screens aol.it/RHtMT1

RT @joystiq: Halo's new house: 343 discusses its approach to Halo 4 aol.it/TbKpg5

Mythonian
09-21-2012, 12:54 PM
^ Thank you, GamerDirt!

VerbotenDonkey
09-21-2012, 02:13 PM

What the hell happened to the jackals? ...

Juggernaut9473
09-21-2012, 02:21 PM
they became more brutal i guess, with this new storm covenant you can actually see a lot of the grunts faces which we have never seen before

Fuzzy
09-21-2012, 02:25 PM
What the hell happened to the jackals? ...

They evolved into dinosaurs...

bazongaman502
09-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Halo 4 Jackles = the outcome of a Chimeran Hybrid (Resistance: Fall of Man) and Halo 3 Jackle having sex

Juggernaut9473
09-21-2012, 02:41 PM
^^^LOL

bazongaman502
09-21-2012, 02:56 PM
idk if it was posted already but a SHIT load of Halo 4 stuff surfaced over the night!

Campaign Gameplay Preview (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/728149/halo-4-single-player-gameplay-preview-dawn-awaits/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed)
343 discusses its approach to Halo 4 (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/21/halos-new-house-343-discusses-its-approach-to-halo-4/)
Halo 4's Campaign, War Games and Spartan Ops in latest screens (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/21/halo-4s-campaign-war-games-and-spartan-ops-in-latest-screens/)
Halo 4 Dominion Multiplayer Mode Detailed (http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-12909-Halo-4-Dominion-Multiplayer-Mode-Detailed.html?utm_source= dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVVjuTaODvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aoJMAMR038

And of course we can not leave out Forward Unto Dawn Giving You A Lecture (http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-12906-Latest-Halo-4--Forward-Unto-Dawn-Preview-Vid-Gives-You-a-Lecture.html?utm_source=d lvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

All of this surfaced within the past 12 hours!

VerbotenDonkey
09-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Good lords of Halo, that skin for the DMR is sick. Looking forward to that.

And YES! Dominion is JUST what I was looking for in a gametype! Especially for the Wars! They can cycle in more defenses for the bases the longer you hold them and it just looks perfect, especially for a War-Sim feel.

Juggernaut9473
09-21-2012, 02:58 PM
max posted all that earlier in this topic earlier today =P

bazongaman502
09-21-2012, 03:05 PM

idk if it was posted already but a SHIT load of Halo 4 stuff surfaced over the night!

:P

VerbotenDonkey
09-21-2012, 03:08 PM

He didn't post the videos though?

bazongaman502
09-21-2012, 03:20 PM
And YES! Dominion is JUST what I was looking for in a gametype! Especially for the Wars! They can cycle in more defenses for the bases the longer you hold them and it just looks perfect, especially for a War-Sim feel.

I actually hope we use this and don't mess with anything on it. This way, if a team is just getting destroyed, they dont have to sit throuh the whole 15mins of torture. This also actually builds a serious teamwork matter as well. If you drop to that final stand, you better hope you are near a teammate just incase you get double teamed

SuRroundeD By 1
09-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Yeah, so which one of those video's confirmed kill cams or do I need to dig that one up?

On the topic of kill cams, how do you guys feel about them?

Coda
09-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Yeah, so which one of those video's confirmed kill cams or do I need to dig that one up?

On the topic of kill cams, how do you guys feel about them?

Don't mind them. But I REALLY don't want that in halo

EDIT:

Damnit. They added killcams.

Good news: 343 did an amazing job with how the killcam looks. It looks really good.
Bad news: They added a killcam. Really not happy with that at all.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-22-2012, 12:27 AM

I'm having mixed feelings . . . on one hand, I think that final kill-cams are awesome, but on the other hand, I don't like normal kill-cams . . . I don't want people seeing how I kill them, that's my strategy and mine alone . . . although most of the time it probably wont matter.

Mythonian
09-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Just another customization option that can be turned on or off. The more customization they allow, the better, so there's no negative to giving people the option to have it.

AftershocK
09-22-2012, 03:09 AM
I like kill cam.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Just another customization option that can be turned on or off. The more customization they allow, the better, so there's no negative to giving people the option to have it.

Right but if it's default in matchmaking than it could get annoying. I'm not positive that it will be annoying, I'm sure it will discourage camping, but I prefer that players don't see from where and how I killed them, just urks me.

Coda
09-22-2012, 12:44 PM
I agree. There's good things and bad things about it. But I love it when I snipe someone (don't give me a sniper rifle. I suck) and they have absolutely no idea where it came from. Or when I jump on someone and assassinate them. I love that aspect of surprise. It won't matter too much, but I am not happy about it.

Salvanous
09-22-2012, 01:40 PM

EDIT:

Damnit. They added killcams.

Good news: 343 did an amazing job with how the killcam looks. It looks really good.
Bad news: They added a killcam. Really not happy with that at all.

Okay, I gotta throw this out there: Why is everyone upset with the kill cams? I get that it reveals your strategy, but like Myth said, it's a function if you don't want it, you can turn it off. Yeah it sucks when you have your plans revealed, but it means the following:

-Snipers can't hide in the same place for the entire match
-When you die, you can see what happened and improve yourself from it
-It allows members to not be angry about "dumb deaths" because then they can see exactly what happened

If you don't like, it you, can turn it off :/

SuRroundeD By 1
09-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Okay, I gotta throw this out there: Why is everyone upset with the kill cams? I get that it reveals your strategy, but like Myth said, it's a function if you don't want it, you can turn it off. Yeah it sucks when you have your plans revealed, but it means the following:

-Snipers can't hide in the same place for the entire match
-When you die, you can see what happened and improve yourself from it
-It allows members to not be angry about "dumb deaths" because then they can see exactly what happened

If you don't like, it you, can turn it off :/

What if it's in default matchmaking, and you can't turn it off?

Coda
09-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Like, I said... good and bad points. When I actually play halo 4, I'll probably like it to some degree. But I'd probably still wish they didn't put it in there

Mythonian
09-22-2012, 02:39 PM
What if it's in default matchmaking, and you can't turn it off?

I doubt they'd do that, since it wouldn't even make much sense in some playlists...

Things like Grifball, MLG, Infection/Flood, etc. would never use it. 343 has said multiple times they are trying to make a game that works perfectly for them, so there's no way they would force it on everyone.

Same with being forced to pick up the flag in CTF. That's just a customizable option.

However, in certain playlists it will likely be default. If you don't want it, choose another playlist that doesn't have it. They've said that they'll be starting with a good variety of playlists.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-22-2012, 04:04 PM
I doubt they'd do that, since it wouldn't even make much sense in some playlists...

Things like Grifball, MLG, Infection/Flood, etc. would never use it. 343 has said multiple times they are trying to make a game that works perfectly for them, so there's no way they would force it on everyone.

Same with being forced to pick up the flag in CTF. That's just a customizable option.

However, in certain playlists it will likely be default. If you don't want it, choose another playlist that doesn't have it. They've said that they'll be starting with a good variety of playlists.

'Sticky flag' as I'm calling it (because it sounds funny), is not an option at this point Myth, it's the only way it works. As of right now (and even in the final build) CTF will only feature the new CTF, which is flagnums and sticky flag. 343i said that later they might include an option for normal CTF but at the moment it's a no. Although personally . . . I think the new CTF looks way more kick ass.

This was confirmed in the CTF/ Exile Halo 4 bulletin a few weeks ago . . . sorry but I don't have time to link, you'll just have to take my word for it :(

Mythonian
09-22-2012, 04:05 PM
'Sticky flag' as I'm calling it (because it sounds funny), is not an option at this point Myth, it's the only way it works. As of right now (and even in the final build) CTF will only feature the new CTF, which is flagnums and sticky flag. 343i said that later they might include an option for normal CTF but at the moment it's a no. Although personally . . . I think the new CTF looks way more kick ass.

This was confirmed in the CTF/ Exile Halo 4 bulletin a few weeks ago . . . sorry but I don't have time to link, you'll just have to take my word for it :(

I know that they said that the only playlist they were offering at launch was featuring that, but I don't remember them saying that Custom Games were limited to that as well.

bazongaman502
09-22-2012, 05:03 PM
i love kill cams... no more "That was bullshit, he has to be hacking"... now i can truelly see if i fucked up, he simply just beat me, or he did pull some witchcraft shit.

Im looking forword to it.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-25-2012, 10:36 PM
I've found it . . . I've finally figured out why you can't drop the flag in Halo 4 CTF! It was so simple . . . how could I have missed it?

Explanation:

Well . . . originally the UNSC had just exchanged the grip on the flag for that of a new one which applied an adhesive tape that allowed Spartans a greater grip on the flag (since they were dropping them so damn much in the other Halo's); However, there was a major drawback . . . the adhesive was SO STRONG, that Spartans couldn't even let go! They literally had to lighten the weight of flags so they could be carried in one hand and allow the user a side-arm.

As of now the only way to drop it is to either get killed (because the adhesive only works on living organic life), or rip it off your hands when you place it at your capture point.

The UNSC is currently looking at the problem, and will get back to you shortly.

VerbotenDonkey
09-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Wait, you can't normally drop it? O.o That actually sounds bad. If I wanted to drop the flag and fight with my main weapon to help out team mates, I'd hope I could >_>

SuRroundeD By 1
09-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Wait, you can't normally drop it? O.o That actually sounds bad. If I wanted to drop the flag and fight with my main weapon to help out team mates, I'd hope I could >_>

Yeah, everyone on the Waypoint forums have been raging about it ever since the announcement, as of now, in default MM, there is no way to drop the flag, unless you cap it, or you die. However, you still move just as fast as you would without it, and you have an extra powerful Magnum at your side (Flagnum is more powerful than the normal Magnum).

VerbotenDonkey
09-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Hm, well I suppose it's a different game and I should expect different gameplay. Don't like it too much but it'll allow for something new I guess.

AftershocK
09-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Interesting

Juggernaut9473
09-26-2012, 09:36 AM
i think the reason why they got rid of being able to drop the flag is to stop people from flag dropping for that millisecond speed boost

Maxdoggy
09-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Halo 4 has gone gold!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/halo-4-done-6397200

Juggernaut9473
09-26-2012, 02:36 PM
WOOT...now we just need it

SuRroundeD By 1
09-26-2012, 03:13 PM
More news that I don't feel dignifies its own thread:

Halo 4 will be a two disk game, we currently don't know whether or not the two disks are for a separate Campaign and Multiplayer or whether or not Campaign and Multiplayer are separated from Forge and Customs or etc, but there will be two disks.

Link for proof: http://halocouncil.com/content.php?r=866-Halo-4-Confirmed-To-Be-2-Disc

MedeDust
09-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Probably something like BF3

SuRroundeD By 1
09-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Probably something like BF3

I would figure, although I'm not sure what is being split. Originally I thought it would be Campaign . . . then everything else, but the more I think about it the more it confuses me.

When you look at it, Campaign and Spartan Ops are probably going to be the most space consuming features in Halo 4, but Forge and Multiplayer have always been large too . . . I'm wondering how they are going to split it.

Here is my guess, I'd bet it would be: Disk 1: Wargames/ Spartan Ops, Disk 2: Everything else.

VerbotenDonkey
09-26-2012, 03:29 PM
You don't know how happy that news made me. I was really hoping that they didn't fit all of it on one disk and take shortcuts and leave stuff out. =D

Maxdoggy
09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Moar screenshots!

http://kotaku.com/5946670/the-flood-return-in-halo-4?utm_campaign=socialflow _kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Mythonian
09-26-2012, 03:57 PM
I would figure, although I'm not sure what is being split. Originally I thought it would be Campaign . . . then everything else, but the more I think about it the more it confuses me.

When you look at it, Campaign and Spartan Ops are probably going to be the most space consuming features in Halo 4, but Forge and Multiplayer have always been large too . . . I'm wondering how they are going to split it.

Here is my guess, I'd bet it would be: Disk 1: Wargames/ Spartan Ops, Disk 2: Everything else.

Isn't Spartan Ops downloaded and stored on your HD instead of the disc, though?

Also, I don't think they would split Wargames/Custom Games/Forge. Moving between those is very important.

Juggernaut9473
09-26-2012, 03:59 PM
super pumped, cant wait for flood mode

VerbotenDonkey
09-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Moar screenshots!

http://kotaku.com/5946670/the-flood-return-in-halo-4?utm_campaign=socialflow _kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I lol'd SO HARD at the comments. "I hope there's no flood in the campaign!" "Flood was the worst thing ever!" "OMG THERE'S FLOOD AGAIN!?"

Good lord. Do people not want a challenge in the Campaign? It's like they want a linear campaign with nothing special. For me, I always hated the Flood levels cause they were creepy and really hard, however that's what made it enjoyable. It wasn't monotonous clearing rooms of Elites and then reaching the end of the level. It was something where you had to actually THINK before you fought.

Gamers these days, always want an easy shooter. =/

Mythonian
09-26-2012, 04:08 PM
I lol'd SO HARD at the comments. "I hope there's no flood in the campaign!" "Flood was the worst thing ever!" "OMG THERE'S FLOOD AGAIN!?"

Good lord. Do people not want a challenge in the Campaign? It's like they want a linear campaign with nothing special. For me, I always hated the Flood levels cause they were creepy and really hard, however that's what made it enjoyable. It wasn't monotonous clearing rooms of Elites and then reaching the end of the level. It was something where you had to actually THINK before you fought.

Gamers these days, always want an easy shooter. =/

^

SuRroundeD By 1
09-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Isn't Spartan Ops downloaded and stored on your HD instead of the disc, though?

Also, I don't think they would split Wargames/Custom Games/Forge. Moving between those is very important.

Huh . . . maybe, I wasn't thinking about the Spartan Ops thing, and you're right about the Wargames/Custom Games/ Forge thing too. Maybe Campaign and Spartan Ops are the second disk then?

Juggernaut9473
09-26-2012, 04:46 PM
i wanna see some flood mode gameplay

Coda
09-26-2012, 05:17 PM

Blackhawk570
09-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Halo 4.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-26-2012, 06:31 PM

The Eurogamer thing ended recently, and I've heard that there were a lot of things featured, 7 maps (we only know about 5 so far, 6 if you already know about 'Complex'), Flood mode gameplay, gameplay with one of the 'new' vehicles (supposedly . . . you can tea-bag with this vehicle, so people are assuming that it's the Mantis 'mech'). I don't know when the embargo of gameplay will be lifted, but you can be sure that game play will rise.

VerbotenDonkey
09-26-2012, 06:32 PM

Here's a Rifle comparison chart.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-26-2012, 06:36 PM

Here's a Rifle comparison chart.

Hmm . . . I wonder if his math is right, because all over waypoint, forum-goers have their panties in a twist because their saying that the BR has a kill time slower than the DMR (by .4 seconds) and complain that the DMR will be the go to, beat all weapon, and the BR will be useless . . . but if Nexy is right . . . than they are balanced.

VerbotenDonkey
09-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Carbine is actually the most destructive, at least that's what people are saying. I hope they make it so that DMR is better at range and BR is better at CQC though.

Juggernaut9473
09-26-2012, 06:40 PM
The Eurogamer thing ended recently, and I've heard that there were a lot of things featured, 7 maps (we only know about 5 so far, 6 if you already know about 'Complex'), Flood mode gameplay, gameplay with one of the 'new' vehicles (supposedly . . . you can tea-bag with this vehicle, so people are assuming that it's the Mantis 'mech'). I don't know when the embargo of gameplay will be lifted, but you can be sure that game play will rise.

this i gotta see

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
09-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Oh man I'm excited for the Carbine. Back in H2/3 that was my main weapon of choice :)

SuRroundeD By 1
09-26-2012, 09:07 PM
IT'S OFFICIAL, MAP REMAKE IN HALO 4 = *drum roll*

*Continued drum roll*

*And on*

*And on*

*keeps going until about . . .*

VAHALLA!

The Halo 4 remake will be Vahalla, officially named, "Ragnarok" in Halo 4.

Proof: http://halocouncil.com/content.php?r=863-Halo-4-Remake-Map-Vahalla

That is unmistakably the pelican crash from Vahalla, and the side cliffs on the right of . . . Blue spawn? Either way, what do you guys think about this? At first I denied it, because way back when Franky denied any remakes from Halo 3 or Reach, but it looks like they went ahead and did anyway. Personally, I loved Vahalla.

Oh, uh . . . this 'might' be the map with the Mantis 'mech' on it . . . but don't take my word for it.

VerbotenDonkey
09-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Alright posted the news on that xD You posted the link to the Halo Council's site though, so it had more pictures.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Alright posted the news on that xD You posted the link to the Halo Council's site though, so it had more pictures.

Yeah, I left you a reply in your thread too . . . <_<

Maxdoggy
09-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Halo Bulletin! It has the Promethean Weapon Video!

http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/26/The-Halo-Bulletin-92612-.aspx

Silent Arbiter1
09-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Oh man I'm excited for the Carbine. Back in H2/3 that was my main weapon of choice :)

The carbine was really fun to use but look at how freakin awesome the beam rifle was

Maxdoggy
09-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Here's some interesting info about what Bungie thought of Halo Wars: http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-12958-Bungie-Thought-Halo-Wars-Was-.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Also, there will not be Kinect integration for Halo 4: http://www.gamespot.com/news/no-kinect-for-halo-4-6397280

Yehsus
09-27-2012, 10:52 AM
All these precision rifles are getting me antsie.

BR. DMR. Carbine. Promethean Rifle thing.

I cant wait to test them out, and find a favorite. Also cant wait to see how FC will look in a new game.

Is it November yet?

Mr Funktastiiic
09-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Okay so i played a couple games of halo 4 today and i have to say its looking pretty amazing, i played infection/flood and the infected look like their really are infected as well as the sword, it was a bit difficult to get used to the buttons but after a while it was so much fun. The perks i played with where promethus (sp?) thrust and the shield. I had a game of FFA as well so i got to use the DMR, Assault rifle and the BR and i have to say GOD IVE MISSED THE BR! Thee game type was also a bit tweaked as people randomly ( i think) became targets where instead of the usually 10 points you get with each kill you get 20 and it keeps going up ever time they get a kill... Over all im really sad because i wont have internet to play this when it comes out!

Coda
09-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Okay so i played a couple games of halo 4 today and i have to say its looking pretty amazing, i played infection/flood and the infected look like their really are infected as well as the sword, it was a bit difficult to get used to the buttons but after a while it was so much fun. The perks i played with where promethus (sp?) thrust and the shield. I had a game of FFA as well so i got to use the DMR, Assault rifle and the BR and i have to say GOD IVE MISSED THE BR! Thee game type was also a bit tweaked as people randomly ( i think) became targets where instead of the usually 10 points you get with each kill you get 20 and it keeps going up ever time they get a kill... Over all im really sad because i wont have internet to play this when it comes out!
How did you play halo 4? :O

VerbotenDonkey
09-27-2012, 04:04 PM
The other new vehicle has been confirmed as the Mammoth, the giant troop carrier that looked like the elephant. So the new vehicles are the Mantis and the Mammoth.

Sadface, no love for air vehicles. :(

Mr Funktastiiic
09-27-2012, 04:07 PM
How did you play halo 4? :O

Eurogamer 2012 :) its a gaming convention in the center of london so for the next 3 days ima shock halo 4, black ops 2, assassins creed 3 and more :D

Mythonian
09-27-2012, 04:18 PM
http://youtu.be/JylkzGSfnn4?t=12m5s

VerbotenDonkey
09-27-2012, 05:40 PM
•Thruster pack designed with Spartans in mind so it doesn't affect hitboxes like Evade did in Reach.

•Thruster pack was a 'teleportation' ability similar to what prometheans do at one point in development, but was [clearly] overpowered. Also used to allow you to shoot during it. Now switched to brief 3rd person 'evade' which you can perform in mid-air as well.

•Thruster pack has a predictable trajectory, but you lose lateral movement control and are locked into it while you're performing it.

•Jetpack significantly nerfed. Doesn't accelerate as fast and you can't hover at the apex of its jump.

•Map designers payed close attention to how Jetpack would affect the maps.

•They would balance the sandbox by buffing or nerfing things that were used too much or not enough to where there was enough variation in choice.

•Regen field isn't as powerful as Halo 3. If you connect all of your shots on somebody inside of it, they can still die. If you miss, their shields have a chance to go back up.

•Auto Sentry can look 180 degrees. Dies when you die.

•At one point, Auto Sentry used to follow you around. Now it just stays in place.

•Auto Sentry tracks (attacks) holograms.

•Holograms appear red on radar at all times and red with reticle.

•Game is faster paced than Reach

•They initially started with the BR and DMR being 4 shot weapons, and but they were ultimately toned down along with the rest of the sandbox across the board to match the traditional pace of past games.

•BR's recoil depends on how fast you fire, but you can learn how to readjust between each trigger pull.

•Aim assist and bloom were toned down on DMR significantly. DMR and BR are vastly different from their previous iterations.

•ALL weapons no longer get knocked out of scope when you're shot at. Instead, your camera 'flinches' while in scope, and this depends on the weapon you are using. The stability mod just controls how bad your camera shakes while you're being shot at.

•Binary rifle has 6 shots total, but only 2 shots before you can reload.

•There's a bright laser for when somebody is zooming in with the binary rifle (like the spartan laser flare from Halo 3).

•"Bi-Ri" has large reticle from the hip and shotgun-like spread, so can't run around 1sk no-scoping unless it's in extreme CQB.

•Armor mods only affect how you play and not who you are as a player. They emphasize that it behaves very differently than how it sounds on paper

•Shield recharge mod recharges your shield ~15% faster than regular, but it still takes 5 seconds out of combat before it will recharge as regular shields do. Doesn't do anything if you're still in combat.

•Nemesis tells you location of person who killed you for a few seconds after you respawn and then goes away.

•Banshee has more health. It had 330 HP in Reach and has 475 HP in Halo 4

•They changed how the vehicles take damage, which they say happens in 'buckets'. Different parts have different health that contribute to its overall HP

•Scorpion Tank's top speed and acceleration are faster. Cannon shells are slower and drop over distance.

•All turrets (vehicle and mounted) are more powerful.

•Warthog and Mongoose are sturdier, heavier, and more stable

•Some games have preset loadouts and those will change based on the game's lifespan and rate at which people unlock stuff

•Can only spawn with 1 pulse grenade in loadout (2 with grenadier mod) vs 2 frags or plasmas.

•Pulse grenade has to land on ground before it activates in a sphere. It does constant damage in a few waves and then builds up to explode on a final wave. Can be used for area of denial.

•Binary Rifle, Scattershot, and Incinteration Cannon kills reuslt in the disintegration effect on players.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-27-2012, 06:30 PM
•Thruster pack designed with Spartans in mind so it doesn't affect hitboxes like Evade did in Reach.

•Thruster pack was a 'teleportation' ability similar to what prometheans do at one point in development, but was [clearly] overpowered. Also used to allow you to shoot during it. Now switched to brief 3rd person 'evade' which you can perform in mid-air as well.

•Thruster pack has a predictable trajectory, but you lose lateral movement control and are locked into it while you're performing it.

•Jetpack significantly nerfed. Doesn't accelerate as fast and you can't hover at the apex of its jump.

•Map designers payed close attention to how Jetpack would affect the maps.

•They would balance the sandbox by buffing or nerfing things that were used too much or not enough to where there was enough variation in choice.

•Regen field isn't as powerful as Halo 3. If you connect all of your shots on somebody inside of it, they can still die. If you miss, their shields have a chance to go back up.

•Auto Sentry can look 180 degrees. Dies when you die.

•At one point, Auto Sentry used to follow you around. Now it just stays in place.

•Auto Sentry tracks (attacks) holograms.

•Holograms appear red on radar at all times and red with reticle.

•Game is faster paced than Reach

•They initially started with the BR and DMR being 4 shot weapons, and but they were ultimately toned down along with the rest of the sandbox across the board to match the traditional pace of past games.

•BR's recoil depends on how fast you fire, but you can learn how to readjust between each trigger pull.

•Aim assist and bloom were toned down on DMR significantly. DMR and BR are vastly different from their previous iterations.

•ALL weapons no longer get knocked out of scope when you're shot at. Instead, your camera 'flinches' while in scope, and this depends on the weapon you are using. The stability mod just controls how bad your camera shakes while you're being shot at.

•Binary rifle has 6 shots total, but only 2 shots before you can reload.

•There's a bright laser for when somebody is zooming in with the binary rifle (like the spartan laser flare from Halo 3).

•"Bi-Ri" has large reticle from the hip and shotgun-like spread, so can't run around 1sk no-scoping unless it's in extreme CQB.

•Armor mods only affect how you play and not who you are as a player. They emphasize that it behaves very differently than how it sounds on paper

•Shield recharge mod recharges your shield ~15% faster than regular, but it still takes 5 seconds out of combat before it will recharge as regular shields do. Doesn't do anything if you're still in combat.

•Nemesis tells you location of person who killed you for a few seconds after you respawn and then goes away.

•Banshee has more health. It had 330 HP in Reach and has 475 HP in Halo 4

•They changed how the vehicles take damage, which they say happens in 'buckets'. Different parts have different health that contribute to its overall HP

•Scorpion Tank's top speed and acceleration are faster. Cannon shells are slower and drop over distance.

•All turrets (vehicle and mounted) are more powerful.

•Warthog and Mongoose are sturdier, heavier, and more stable

•Some games have preset loadouts and those will change based on the game's lifespan and rate at which people unlock stuff

•Can only spawn with 1 pulse grenade in loadout (2 with grenadier mod) vs 2 frags or plasmas.

•Pulse grenade has to land on ground before it activates in a sphere. It does constant damage in a few waves and then builds up to explode on a final wave. Can be used for area of denial.

•Binary Rifle, Scattershot, and Incinteration Cannon kills reuslt in the disintegration effect on players.

So Donkey, what is your username on the Waypoint forums?

VerbotenDonkey
09-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Take a guess.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Take a guess.

I haven't seen you post . . . ever haha

I'm guessing it has something to do with a donkey?

Maxdoggy
10-03-2012, 07:39 PM
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/61062/halo-4-x-play-preview-exclusive/?quality=hd

Skip ahead to 6:30 for new Hotness including Promethean/Covenant team-ups and new Mantis footage from the campaign.

Acid
10-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Guild War 2.

ThatRussianBear
10-03-2012, 09:20 PM
The assault rifle looks so deadly

Juggernaut9473
10-04-2012, 09:59 AM
This game needs to be out now

Maxdoggy
10-04-2012, 10:36 AM
This game needs to be out now

YES PLEASE!

But at least Forward Unto Dawn comes out tomorrow on Waypoint and Machinima Prime.

Mr Funktastiiic
10-04-2012, 07:35 PM
YES PLEASE!

But at least Forward Unto Dawn comes out tomorrow on Waypoint and Machinima Prime.

Forward Unto Dawn comes out tomorrow?! Swweeeeeeettttt cant wait for it :)

btw Halo 4 BR = rape

ThatRussianBear
10-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Guys I just realized something. Since the chief is supposedly going to try to reach Halsey and get cortana fixed, and Halsey is trapped with some of the last Spartans, does that mean the chief is going to meet them?

Kcr33d
10-04-2012, 09:37 PM
yes

SuRroundeD By 1
10-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Guys I just realized something. Since the chief is supposedly going to try to reach Halsey and get cortana fixed, and Halsey is trapped with some of the last Spartans, does that mean the chief is going to meet them?

BOOK SPOILERS OMGoSH!

Ok, so in the book, Halo Glasslands, it is explained that Halsey and the Spartans (trapped in a Micro Dyson Sphere hidden in slipspace) through the help of engineers located in the sphere, were able to get a message out to UNSC personnel. They were rescued shortly after, in fact, I think it was Fred, Kelly and Linda, they were all present at the UNSC memorial at Voi (it didn't show them in game, but they were there . . . supposedly, I haven't actually read the book, GlassyDread did tho). Halsey was sent to ANOTHER RING INSTALLATION DISCOVERED BY HUMANS, AND THE IDIOTS ARE STUDYING THE FLOOD MORE, so that opens up the plot for possibly more flood, which would SUCK!

Then, in the new book, Tuesday War (or Thursday War, I can't remember), it's told that Halsey and Naomi (a Spartan II) were brought aboard the UNSC Infinity because of events on Sanghelios (I wont spoil the entire plot for you), so IF THAT IS TRUE, than that means that Halsey is already on the Infinity.

Plus, more spoilers, there is dialogue in the script for Halsey (she says something to Lasky).

Remember the old lady in the "Making of Halo 4" ViDoc? Well . . . speculation is that she's Halsey.

VerbotenDonkey
10-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I would fanboy squee so hard if we got to see the the old SPARTAN II's and SPARTAN III's again :DD Not to mention Linda was my favorite. However, remember this is a trilogy of games, so it might be spread out and not happen in Halo 4's campaign.

SuRroundeD By 1
10-05-2012, 03:09 PM
I would fanboy squee so hard if we got to see the the old SPARTAN II's and SPARTAN III's again :DD Not to mention Linda was my favorite. However, remember this is a trilogy of games, so it might be spread out and not happen in Halo 4's campaign.

Yeah I don't have a link or anything but I vaguely remember hearing that Blue team would not be in Halo 4 but they said that the Spartan II's would be included into the new trilogy . . . again, my mind is fuzzy about it so don't get too excited.

Etherzy
10-05-2012, 06:38 PM
I hope those mechs are devastating. I love abusing over powered things.

Juggernaut9473
10-05-2012, 06:47 PM
so does hellspawn, thats why he got an unfriggenbelievable in a banshee

Etherzy
10-05-2012, 06:50 PM
That sounds like evil fun.

Coda
10-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Here's something that could be awesome in H4...

first, in halo 3, it was pretty much just a bunch of Master Chief's fighting eachother. In Reach, it was a bunch of Noble 6's. In H4, where it's supposed to be a training simulation between a bunch of Spartan IVs, wouldn't it be cool, if each GT that plays Reach on XBL gets their own service tag. Since there's supposed to be a crapload of Spartan IVs like there was with the IIIs, it could be.. plausable. but if it hasnt been released already, it probably isn't gonna happen.

Each person would get a service tag. it could be like: SA001 (S for Spartan, of course), then SA002, then all the way up to SA999, then SB001, etc. That way we could really feel like our own spartan, instead of just a duplication of the protagonist. In REDWATCH, each person has a serial number. RW00, RW01, RW02, etc. I'm RW02. I think it would be really awesome if they had that for all of H4. What do you guys think of this? Do you think it could be in H5?

Mythonian
10-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Each person would get a service tag. it could be like: SA001 (S for Spartan, of course), then SA002, then all the way up to SA999, then SB001, etc.

That's only 26,000 possibilities. There's going to be many, many more than just that many playing.

I doubt they'd do that, though. They'll just stick to customizable service tags like before.

VerbotenDonkey
10-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Probably remain customizable. It's the definition of who you are compared to others on the field. It would be killer, if there is like 100,000 people playing, to say "Spartan 21,529, lookout!" I think they'll keep it simple 4 character service tag, so everyone is easily identifiable.

Coda
10-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I know, I just mean having a little identification number type thing on the service record. I know it would have to be a lot bigger than S? ???. You'd have a custom service tag, but a set ID Number. I think it would be cool to have something like that. I'd like to feel like my own spartan while doing matchmaking or whatever. I dont like feeling like an infinite duplicate.

Etherzy
10-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Haylow For - So excite

VerbotenDonkey
10-06-2012, 12:10 AM
I know, I just mean having a little identification number type thing on the service record. I know it would have to be a lot bigger than S? ???. You'd have a custom service tag, but a set ID Number. I think it would be cool to have something like that. I'd like to feel like my own spartan while doing matchmaking or whatever. I dont like feeling like an infinite duplicate.

I thought that's what you might have meant haha. I do think that would be pretty neat. Fits in with that whole "You're your own Spartan" theme they had going on.

Coda
10-06-2012, 12:18 AM
I thought that's what you might have meant haha. I do think that would be pretty neat. Fits in with that whole "You're your own Spartan" theme they had going on.

Yeah, exactly. If i'm gonna be my own spartan, I want to be my own spartan, with proper UNSC tag and everything. I hope they do something like that for H5 if not for H4.

Etherzy
10-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah, exactly. If i'm gonna be my own spartan, I want to be my own spartan, with proper UNSC tag and everything. I hope they do something like that for H5 if not for H4.

I can't imagine a H5 at this point. They should have stuck with H2.

SuRroundeD By 1
10-06-2012, 11:29 AM

Confirmed Master Chief clones for Co-op Campaign. First player starts in the main cryo pod, and the other three spawn in 'lesser' cryo pods. First player grabs Cortana, and then all 4 Master Chiefs go wreck themselves some Covenant bastards.

VerbotenDonkey
10-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Confirmed Master Chief clones for Co-op Campaign. First player starts in the main cryo pod, and the other three spawn in 'lesser' cryo pods. First player grabs Cortana, and then all 4 Master Chiefs go wreck themselves some Covenant bastards.

Yeah I saw haha. I know their reasoning behind it, but I still would have preferred to be a random Marine or ODST xD Even though that would have kinda dented the storyline because MC was the only one on-board.

SuRroundeD By 1
10-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah I saw haha. I know their reasoning behind it, but I still would have preferred to be a random Marine or ODST xD Even though that would have kinda dented the storyline because MC was the only one on-board.

That's exactly why they stuck with MC clones haha, canon reasons . . .

But here is the funny part, even though they stuck with that for canon reasons (supposedly) they specifically stated that CO-OP Campaign isn't official canon at all (like Halo 3 because you were different characters).

Maxdoggy
10-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Making Halo 4: Infinity Multiplayer (http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Universe/detail/making-halo-4-infinity-multiplayer/c6a93f08-8b65-4851-97cc-d798f497f762)

ThatRussianBear
10-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Making Halo 4: Infinity Multiplayer (http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Universe/detail/making-halo-4-infinity-multiplayer/c6a93f08-8b65-4851-97cc-d798f497f762)

So excited

Raider0614
10-14-2012, 07:35 PM

Hmm...yes. Yes, that is very interesting. Hm.......Well, gentlemen......it appears as if I creamed myself. Please excuse me.

Silko
10-14-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm going to have to buy a fuck ton of new pants between today and Nov 6

ThatRussianBear
10-14-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm going to have to buy a fuck ton of new pants between today and Nov 6

bazongaman502
10-14-2012, 09:04 PM
every fuckin day max, you find a way to force me to go buy new pants... except today, i came prepared by going comando when i got on the forums today. lol

Raider0614
10-14-2012, 09:35 PM
every fuckin day max, you find a way to force me to go buy new pants... except today, i came prepared by going comando when i got on the forums today. lol

LOL

Maxdoggy
10-14-2012, 09:57 PM
PSA: Save $50 when you order the #Halo4 Console Bundle (custom sounds/lights, 320 GB HDD, 2 controllers & the game) http://www.amazon.com/dp/dp/B003O6JIFA/?tag=34a6-20

Anarchy
10-15-2012, 12:30 PM

3:45

Kiki Wolfkill!

Silko
10-15-2012, 12:50 PM
3:45

Kiki Wolfkill!

LOL there is no way that's her real name

bazongaman502
10-15-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/eglhalo/b/335599609

MLG Exibition Gameplay... My computer sucks, so idk if the actual video is fucked up or my computer is about to explode

Silko
10-15-2012, 04:37 PM
looks like its the video. Its a little laggy.

Coda
10-15-2012, 04:46 PM

Just watched that video, finally. It wouldn't let me before. It looks like our characters will actually have a face this time... Instead of being faceless like Noble 6 and John. I quite like that, actually.

Guzzie
10-15-2012, 05:00 PM
LOL there is no way that's her real name
Pretty sure it is, and I like it :)

---updated---

Think of the stories, "I slayed a chick named Kiki Wolfkill". Unprecedented.

bazongaman502
10-16-2012, 04:38 PM
http://halo4nation.com/news/get-the-oceanic-circuit-skin-for-0-35/

Just bought that

Juggernaut9473
10-16-2012, 04:42 PM
O_o 35 cents?

Coda
10-16-2012, 04:50 PM
US only :(

Yehsus
10-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Meh not a fan of it.

Maxdoggy
10-16-2012, 07:26 PM
If for some reason you missed it (even though it's already been posted),
IGN's Multiplayer Map Tour of "Meltdown" (http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/10/16/IGNs-Multiplayer-Map-Tour-Meltdown.aspx)

Etherzy
10-17-2012, 04:32 AM
That is a pretty cool skin.

bazongaman502
10-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Handful of New Gameplays!!! (http://halo4nation.com/videos/a-handful-of-gameplays/)

Maxdoggy
10-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Halo Bulletin Time (http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/10/17/The-Halo-Bulletin-101712-.aspx)!

VerbotenDonkey
10-20-2012, 08:45 PM
So I just heard someone coin the term "Flagnum" for the Magnum you get while holding the Flag and laughed hard.

No idea why I'm posting this. But I thought it was hilarious.

KazuhLLL
10-20-2012, 08:49 PM
So I just heard someone coin the term "Flagnum" for the Magnum you get while holding the Flag and laughed hard.

Yeah, it's pretty good lol.

I'm excited to try the new flag settings but I hope that there'll at least be options to make it similar to current settings if need be..

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-20-2012, 10:20 PM
yea im sure it will be modifiable.

Apparently the "flagnum" is stronger than the normal magnum. And I'm not totally sure about this but i think it also may have infinite ammo.

Guzzie
10-20-2012, 10:26 PM

That's what they have been calling it, pretty sure it's been said by 343 members. Didn't Bravo say it while interviewing a 343 multiplayer member?

AftershocK
10-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Yeah 343 said it was called flagnum

KazuhLLL
10-20-2012, 11:09 PM
yea im sure it will be modifiable.

Apparently the "flagnum" is stronger than the normal magnum. And I'm not totally sure about this but i think it also may have infinite ammo.

I dunno about the infinite ammo part, but yeah, the flagnum is supposed to be ~20% stronger than the normal magnum.

Raider0614
10-21-2012, 01:07 AM
http://halo4nation.com/news/get-the-oceanic-circuit-skin-for-0-35/

Just bought that

This is deff my favorite armor so far. Gonna be using it.

Coda
10-21-2012, 01:52 AM
This is deff my favorite armor so far. Gonna be using it.

I'll be wearing stalker. Or anything made on mars

Juggernaut9473
10-21-2012, 04:57 AM
Im gonna be wearing my unicorn armor

H2O Yordle
10-21-2012, 02:07 PM
I'll be wearing stalker. Or anything made on mars

Isnt stalker a specilization or whatever.

Juggernaut9473
10-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Isnt stalker a specilization or whatever.

yup

H2O Yordle
10-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Is it an armor to?

Juggernaut9473
10-21-2012, 02:16 PM
There is a type of armor that you get from the Stalker Specialization

H2O Yordle
10-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Oh. Okay.

VerbotenDonkey
10-21-2012, 02:18 PM
I really hope they keep the old emblem styles and add new ones. HOPEFULLY they don't remove some of the old favorites.

Juggernaut9473
10-21-2012, 02:20 PM
As long as i have my no camping sign i will be happy

H2O Yordle
10-21-2012, 02:20 PM
I really hope they keep the old emblem styles and add new ones. HOPEFULLY they don't remove some of the old favorites.

Same, Ive seen some pretty interesting looking ones. But I hope they dont remove alot.

VerbotenDonkey
10-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Just a heads up for those who view the Waypoint forums, there's another batch of assholes who are posting threads with the ending to Halo 4 leaked in the title ... at least I HOPE it's not the ending to Halo 4 or I will be SEVERLY pissed. So I would go dark for awhile. Just so you don't have the thought of what MIGHT be the ending in your head like I do now ... -___-

KazuhLLL
10-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Just a heads up for those who view the Waypoint forums, there's another batch of assholes who are posting threads with the ending to Halo 4 leaked in the title ... at least I HOPE it's not the ending to Halo 4 or I will be SEVERLY pissed. So I would go dark for awhile. Just so you don't have the thought of what MIGHT be the ending in your head like I do now ... -___-

That's awful if it is :(

Thanks for the heads-up, though, because I go there semi-frequently..

VerbotenDonkey
10-22-2012, 12:36 AM
That's awful if it is :(

Thanks for the heads-up, though, because I go there semi-frequently..

Yeah. I mean they seemed like uneducated trolls, and it seemed REALLY unlikely this was the ending, so I'm going to dismiss the possibility that it was true. Still though, it's gonna be running through my head while I play the campaign. -__-

Also, didn't see this video posted yet here, but its a few days old. I LOL'D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMWkiT1gy_4&feature=related

Coda
10-22-2012, 12:37 AM
That's horrible. I do not want to know the ending yet...

KazuhLLL
10-22-2012, 12:42 AM
That video was hilarious. "Pop, son." xD

Juggernaut9473
10-22-2012, 04:25 AM
Yeah. I mean they seemed like uneducated trolls, and it seemed REALLY unlikely this was the ending, so I'm going to dismiss the possibility that it was true. Still though, it's gonna be running through my head while I play the campaign. -__-

Also, didn't see this video posted yet here, but its a few days old. I LOL'D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMWkiT1gy_4&feature=related

i seriously did not see that last guy at all till he stood up :/

Maxdoggy
10-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Pop, son!

Also, I am now listening to the digital version of the Halo 4 Soundtrack courtesy of my purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition Soundtrack Bundle. It's not as good as Marty, but it's pretty damn close.

Raider0614
10-22-2012, 07:56 AM
DAT Hazop skin.

SuRroundeD By 1
10-22-2012, 03:11 PM
i seriously did not see that last guy at all till he stood up :/

Me too! I was so freaked out, at first I thought they just added him in at the last second to make the 'camo' appear more effective. But then I restarted the video and looked, HE WAS THERE THE ENTIRE TIME! That's scary good how well it worked for him! Imagine that skin, with Camo, sniping on Longbow . . . I can already imagine raging because I can't find the enemy sniper XD

Coda
10-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Me too! I was so freaked out, at first I thought they just added him in at the last second to make the 'camo' appear more effective. But then I restarted the video and looked, HE WAS THERE THE ENTIRE TIME! That's scary good how well it worked for him! Imagine that skin, with Camo, sniping on Longbow . . . I can already imagine raging because I can't find the enemy sniper XD

I did the exact same thing. It shows you just how well camo works when you don't know that anything is supposed to be there

Juggernaut9473
10-22-2012, 04:00 PM

It might actually keep me from using just my Fotus Armor

bazongaman502
10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
i saw the guy from the beginning, but it is kinda hard to see him. Glad i get it though since i preorderd it at Gamestop ;)

14 DAYS!!!!!

Juggernaut9473
10-22-2012, 04:31 PM
I WANT MY XBOX NAAAOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

Raider0614
10-22-2012, 05:06 PM
My decision still remains the same though. Oceanic is the best. =D

On that note, I have a question. If you pre-ordered H4 at a certain retailer (for example Gamestop), can you start off with the armor that the preorder skin is meant for. Because I want to use Oceanic on Day 1 since I preordered it at Walmart. Does anyone know if you have to unlock the armor first? Or will it be like Reach and the preorder Recon HUL attachment?

VerbotenDonkey
10-22-2012, 05:18 PM
ODST is the best. No contest.

Raider: Not sure. I know people were complaining that they couldn't use some of their LE stuff on Day One and they still had unlock it, but I'm not sure if they weren't just trolls.

Juggernaut9473
10-22-2012, 05:22 PM
they are probably talking about the specializations. you have to get to level 50 before you can use a specialization, but if you have the LE then once you get to level 50 you can choose any of the specializations, not wait for them to be activated like everyone else

Raider0614
10-22-2012, 05:27 PM
ODST is the best. No contest.

Raider: Not sure. I know people were complaining that they couldn't use some of their LE stuff on Day One and they still had unlock it, but I'm not sure if they weren't just trolls.

Because in Reach (if you preordered it), you could start off with Recon but only with a specific attachment. I was wondering if i.e. I could use Hazop with camo on day 1 but I cant use regular Hazop until i unlock just like Recon in Reach.

And BTW, Air Assault looks like the Gen2 ODST helmet.

H2O Yordle
10-22-2012, 05:31 PM
I could careless for all the camo and shit. I just want the fucking game. I want something to play.

Raider0614
10-22-2012, 05:42 PM
I could careless for all the camo and shit. I just want the fucking game. I want something to play.

Then go wait in the corner quietly ;)

Juggernaut9473
10-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Then go wait in the corner quietly.

...this corner is getting rather crowded

H2O Yordle
10-22-2012, 05:46 PM
NO!

Raider0614
10-22-2012, 05:52 PM
NO!

Grrr...how dare you defy my command! Vendetta!!

Juggernaut9473
10-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Grrr...how dare you defy my command! Vendetta!!

HERE HEAVY, USE THIS

H2O Yordle
10-22-2012, 05:58 PM

YOUVE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!

Raider0614
10-22-2012, 06:00 PM
YOUVE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!

SuRroundeD By 1
10-22-2012, 06:31 PM
HERE HEAVY, USE THIS

O.O since when have you been REDD!?!?

Haha I'm sure you were way prior to me being in REDD but since you were gone, welcome aboard!

Juggernaut9473
10-22-2012, 06:32 PM
O.O since when have you been REDD!?!?

Haha I'm sure you were way prior to me being in REDD but since you were gone, welcome aboard!

since yesterday lol

H2O Yordle
10-22-2012, 06:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN8PnhYPCEY&feature=g-u-u

Maxdoggy
10-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Kotaku Unboxes Halo 4 LE Console and LE Game (http://kotaku.com/5953989/we-just-unboxed-500-worth-of-halo-4-stuff-to-help-you-decide-if-its-worth-it)

Vestige
10-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Honestly, the people who stole and leaked Halo 4 need to be found and charged.

bazongaman502
10-23-2012, 01:43 PM

some are... and if they confess who got it for them, that person or whoever it was will also be charged

some of the videos that were leaked where stolen videos from other channels... those people arent being charged excpet i believe youtube dissabled their accounts

ThatRussianBear
10-23-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm still getting I but I don't think the limited edition is worth an extra 40$

bazongaman502
10-23-2012, 07:39 PM

dont matter now, its sold out... people are selling their pre order for $150 minimum on Ebay.

Coda
10-23-2012, 07:55 PM
dont matter now, its sold out... people are selling their pre order for $150 minimum on Ebay.

damn O.o

Raider0614
10-23-2012, 08:03 PM

They should be dragged by a running horse throughout the aisles of Halofest so the mobs of fanboys can do as they wish with the criminal scum.

Acid
10-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Guild Wars 2.

Maxdoggy
10-23-2012, 08:28 PM

After watching the video I am thinking the same thing...

VerbotenDonkey
10-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Premiere of the Halo 4 Gameplay Trailer tonight during Sons of Anarchy!

Juggernaut9473
10-23-2012, 09:12 PM
i still think the box is worth it, mostly because i will be on xbox live again

Maxdoggy
10-23-2012, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIspQ1NmGf4&feature=g-u-u

IT'S FULL OF WIN.

AftershocK
10-24-2012, 02:22 AM
WIN.

Vestige
10-24-2012, 02:43 AM
Time to slap on the old armor. Get ready for a total shit storm. I am so pumped.

I made a personal rule. Do not investigate new games. I did that with reach, now I can't stand the game. I have watched very few trailers for AC III, and Halo: 4.

Acid
10-24-2012, 07:28 AM
I dun see my a Diadact symbol in that trailer. The singleplayer may interest me, but not enough to buy it.

Juggernaut9473
10-24-2012, 08:59 AM
acid...you are getting this game you little troll

H2O Yordle
10-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Anyone getting the headsets?
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/halo-4-warhead-71-wireless-surround-headset-gamestop-exclusive/104492
Saw this one at work. Things heavy in the box and its rechargable. If I had a spare 300 bucks, Id get it.
or this one
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/halo-4-trigger-stereo-headset-for-xbox-360/103816
Which I might get, since my other one is broken.
Plus their Trittons!

Juggernaut9473
10-24-2012, 09:47 AM
the 1st one costs to much damn money, and as for the second one i bought a different pair of trittons that cost more and are wireless

KazuhLLL
10-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Halo 4 Map Packs Announced: http://majornelson.com/2012/10/24/announcing-the-halo-4-war-games-pass/

They're supposed to come out in December, February and April. So even before the first Halo 4 war starts we'll have three new maps!

Juggernaut9473
10-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Sweet

KazuhLLL
10-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Oddball gameplay: http://youtu.be/E3yo8f1Rc80
It's the first one I've seen, and the person playing is actually pretty good.

Also, assists seem to be easier to get. At around 1:45 into the video he gets an assist after getting only one (possibly two) shots in the guy. I personally think that's a nice change and real team players will shine more when their post-game report says like a dozen assists ^_^

Coda
10-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Oddball gameplay: http://youtu.be/E3yo8f1Rc80
It's the first one I've seen, and the person playing is actually pretty good.

Also, assists seem to be easier to get. At around 1:45 into the video he gets an assist after getting only one (possibly two) shots in the guy. I personally think that's a nice change and real team players will shine more when their post-game report says like a dozen assists ^_^

Assists will be much easier to get. and the guy palying isn't that bad... but the people he's against aren't very good. But that's to be expected, I guess.

Vestige
10-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Anyone getting the headsets?
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/halo-4-warhead-71-wireless-surround-headset-gamestop-exclusive/104492

God damn it. I just bought new Tbs...

VerbotenDonkey
10-25-2012, 01:20 PM
http://m.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Exile

More Exile gameplay. THE TURRET LOOKS USEFUL NOW! :D Also sounds awesome too. And LOVE the new sounds to everything. Warthog sounds even more badass than it did before.

KazuhLLL
10-25-2012, 02:14 PM

More Exile gameplay. THE TURRET LOOKS USEFUL NOW! :D Also sounds awesome too. And LOVE the new sounds to everything. Warthog sounds even more badass than it did before.

Wow, I'm loving the changes to the turret. It looks waaay more accurate. I might actually use it this time around ^_^

Raider0614
10-25-2012, 06:20 PM

Good thing I'm going to be a Pathfinder :D

Juggernaut9473
10-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Im going to be a driver mostly, gotta wait for it to be lit up though :/

KazuhLLL
10-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Good thing I'm going to be a Pathfinder :D

When I first saw that specialization I thought "Who would ever use this?" but after seeing the turret in action I may just keep a loadout handy with it for maps with turrets on them.

VerbotenDonkey
10-25-2012, 06:44 PM
I will be hauling my Turret around with me everywhere I go <3 Unless there's a SAW. SAW gets priority.

Juggernaut9473
10-25-2012, 06:49 PM
I will be hauling my Turret around with me everyone <3 Unless there's a SAW. SAW gets priority.

i agree

VerbotenDonkey
10-25-2012, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_deta ilpage&v=dOrZPRdOMkM

New BTB gameplay on Vortex!

Vestige
10-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Honestly, only watch a bit of these. Anyways, I like how you can see a the type of vehicle on the radar.

Raider0614
10-25-2012, 08:48 PM
I will be hauling my Turret around with me everywhere I go <3 Unless there's a SAW. SAW gets priority.

Me and Dustyman decided back when the specializations were first announced that we were going to be the badass warthog crew duo. Him being Operator and me being Pathfinder.

SuRroundeD By 1
10-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Vortex looks pretty cool. Although the map I'm most excited for right now has to be . . . Ragnarok (to see how they upgraded it, and if it still plays like it used to), and Exile (that map just looks sick!).

I'm also curious to see how well AR's work on Adrift and Abandoned.

KazuhLLL
10-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Vortex looks pretty cool. Although the map I'm most excited for right now has to be . . . Ragnarok (to see how they upgraded it, and if it still plays like it used to), and Exile (that map just looks sick!).

I'm also curious to see how well AR's work on Adrift and Abandoned.

The two maps I'm most excited for are Solace and Abandoned. Vortex looks alright (Im not too much of a BTB fan).

It'll be nice to have Ragnarok though, just to see how gameplay has transformed between H3 and H4.

ThatRussianBear
10-25-2012, 09:25 PM
You guys know Halo is not being run by Bungie when there is concept art for an April release DLC

SuRroundeD By 1
10-25-2012, 09:47 PM
You guys know Halo is not being run by Bungie when there is concept art for an April release DLC

Haha yeah, their planning ahead, and I like it >:D

VerbotenDonkey
10-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Well, hate to throw in the towel, but the Bulletin today pretty much screwed us over by not listing any UNSC Aerial Vehicles in their Forge Breakdown. =/ It said it was a semi-comprehensive list, so I could believe that they didn't add all the Forgable objects, not to mention it was a text list, they didn't show the actual Forge list. So MAYBE they're hiding some stuff for release to make us all happy. But that hurt.

Coda
10-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Well, hate to throw in the towel, but the Bulletin today pretty much screwed us over by not listing any UNSC Aerial Vehicles in their Forge Breakdown. =/ It said it was a semi-comprehensive list, so I could believe that they didn't add all the Forgable objects, not to mention it was a text list, they didn't show the actual Forge list. So MAYBE they're hiding some stuff for release to make us all happy. But that hurt.

:(

KazuhLLL
10-25-2012, 10:44 PM

Yeah, that kinda sucks. On the plus side though, Dominion seems to be extremely customizable! I think I'm going to like that faaar more than I liked territories or invasion.

KazuhLLL
10-29-2012, 12:44 PM
I actually just realized that the Mammoth isn't on the list of forgeable vehicles either! So unless it's exclusively in campaign, then they could be hiding hornets/falcons as well. Hopefully >.<

EDIT: Well, that hope was short lived.. >This< (http://redd.it/12a2r5) reddit thread has someone with the game answering gameplay questions and he says no UNSC aerial vehicle :/

If you decide to go through the comments, beware of spoilers.

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah we knew that =/ And the Mammoth would take up literally half of the Multiplayer Maps if it was added haha. Its HUGE. It's a giant mobile base. Kinda figured it was Spartan Ops/Campaign exclusive.

Juggernaut9473
10-29-2012, 01:10 PM
I actually just realized that the Mammoth isn't on the list of forgeable vehicles either! So unless it's exclusively in campaign, then they could be hiding hornets/falcons as well. Hopefully >.<

EDIT: Well, that hope was short lived.. >This< (http://redd.it/12a2r5) reddit thread has someone with the game answering gameplay questions and he says no UNSC aerial vehicle :/

If you decide to go through the comments, beware of spoilers.
:( but I want a falcon or hornet

KazuhLLL
10-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Yeah we knew that =/ And the Mammoth would take up literally half of the Multiplayer Maps if it was added haha. Its HUGE. It's a giant mobile base. Kinda figured it was Spartan Ops/Campaign exclusive.

Oh, really? I was thinking it was just the new Elephant..

Coda
10-29-2012, 01:42 PM

It's 4 times the size of the elephant. It really is huge.

bazongaman502
10-29-2012, 01:43 PM

hell no lol....

the mammoth is fuckin huge lol

have no idea what the inside would look like, but you might have been able to make a 2v2 to a 4v4 map in there lol

....7 days

KazuhLLL
10-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Yeah, the guy on reddit confirmed it was not placeable in forge. Oh well.

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah, the guy on reddit confirmed it was not placeable in forge. Oh well.

The guy on Reddit could also be lying. :P

Although I was almost 100% it wouldn't be in forge or we would also have enough room for a Pelican :P

Juggernaut9473
10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
a pelican would be awesome

bazongaman502
10-29-2012, 03:08 PM
we would also have enough room for a Pelican :P

Im kinda shocked it hasnt been added yet. I mean it is one of the biggest things Halo fans have wanted in forge and never have gotten. Atleast Bungie allowed us to use the Pelican and Phantom in Reach with that Easter Egg.... (yet couldnt shoot with them, so you had to ram everything lol)

KazuhLLL
10-29-2012, 03:20 PM
The guy on Reddit could also be lying. :P

Although I was almost 100% it wouldn't be in forge or we would also have enough room for a Pelican :P

I'm pretty sure he's legit. The first picture he posted was of his username spelled out on a wall with bullet holes. While that, admittedly, could be photoshopped, someone asked for a list of gametypes and descriptions and he obliged, taking a picture of every gametype screen >here< (http://imgur.com/a/V3dnQ).

On that note, does anyone know anything about the "extraction" gametype?

Maxdoggy
10-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Interactive Halo 4 Guide, Courtesy of 343i (http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/halo4guide)

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Interactive Halo 4 Guide, Courtesy of 343i (http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/halo4guide)

Of course, Broadsword. No Falcon or Hornet. :I Fack.

Extraction looks cool though. Especially if we can forge some cool looking extraction points. Haha.

NO. NO IT CAN'T. THEY TOOK OUT THE ODST HELMET?!?!?!?!?!?!

Maxdoggy
10-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Also, we will be using the Target Designator at some point in the campaign and we will most likely be fighting in some sort of aerial/space combat as the Broadsword and Covenant Lich are listed.

Also, they took away the Revenant, Falcon, Sabre and replaced them with the Mantis, Mammoth, and Lich.

So essentially they took away two multiplayer vehicles and gave us one back. Meh.

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 09:43 PM
No. They replaced our aerial vehicles and replaced it with a Chaingun/Rocket Hog that moves at like 1/100 speed. Uncool.

Although, the Lich looks like a flying Mammoth, looks pretty slick.

And I THINK I know what the Target Designator is used for, and it'll be bad ass.

Maxdoggy
10-29-2012, 09:49 PM
The Target Designator was used in Halo: Reach, broseph. ONI: Swordbase, anyone?

Also, it from the description, FOTUS armor (the Unicorn) will only be worn by 343i.

So far I only like the helmets for Venator, Orbital, Mark VI, War Master, Pathfinder, and Rogue (even though it is nowhere as near as good as the H3 version).

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 09:51 PM
I mean I think I know what it's used for in Halo 4. Lol.

I'm looking through them all now, some of the earlier ones look cool like Air Assault, Commando. Don't look so bad. EOD looks hilariously retarded though.

Silko
10-29-2012, 10:10 PM
WTF!!! No Mark 5!! That's been my helm for the past two Halo games!

Juggernaut9473
10-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Also, it from the description, FOTUS armor (the Unicorn) will only be worn by 343i.

or by people who bought the halo 4 xbox =P

Coda
10-29-2012, 10:33 PM

Oh my god this is amazing... I'm gonna spend some time going over this...

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Oh my god this is amazing... I'm gonna spend some time going over this...

Don't spend too long ... all it brings is shame and disappointment.

Coda
10-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Don't spend too long ... all it brings is shame and disappointment.

I'm more looking at it for stuff like manufacturing and stuff like that. In halo 3 and Reach, Misriah Armoury built the Security Variant Armour. Which is what I'm wearing on Reach right now. Once the Empire fits us with Gen2 armour, I was going to wear something from Misriah as well. However, nothing is made in Misriah. But, almost all the weapons are. So, that's fine. But plenty of the armour is made in Acheron, which is also on mars. I'm currently working on strategies for Halo 4. I'll report stuff to you when I've got something noteworthy.

Maxdoggy
10-30-2012, 11:49 AM
A trailer for Spartan Ops has been released:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/10/30/halo-4-spartan-ops-exclusive-trailer/

Juggernaut9473
10-30-2012, 12:04 PM
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD I WANT THIS NAAOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

VerbotenDonkey
10-30-2012, 12:53 PM
A trailer for Spartan Ops has been released:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/10/30/halo-4-spartan-ops-exclusive-trailer/

Hahahaha. Just laughed maniacally. Can't wait!!!! Spartan Ops looks like my favorite thing so far. <3

Also, genius Infinity pilots. Builds most expensive space craft. RAMS IT INTO UNAWARE COVENANT CRUISER. I swear, worst pilots ever.

Juggernaut9473
10-30-2012, 01:01 PM
you know how most pilots are, they were probably drunk

Maxdoggy
10-30-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm the biggest ship EVAR!!!!

*slams into enemy vessel from calculate Slipspace jump thanks to the Engineers.*

Juggernaut9473
10-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Captain: WTF did we hit?

Pilot: ummmm.......HEY LOOK I TOOK OUT A CRUISER ALL BY MYSELF

SuRroundeD By 1
10-30-2012, 03:00 PM
That trailer . . . I almost just pissed myself, that was awesome!

Maxdoggy
10-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Captain: WTF did we hit?

Pilot: ummmm.......HEY LOOK I TOOK OUT A CRUISER ALL BY MYSELF

"I get a BLEEP BLOOP for that, right?!? An achievement or something??!
I. Am. Awesome!"

Juggernaut9473
10-30-2012, 03:07 PM
NO BLEEP BLOOPS FOR YOU

VerbotenDonkey
10-30-2012, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XnPN9xqv7w&feature=g-high-u

GAAAAAH. THIS ISN'T MAKING IT ANY EASIER ON HOW EXCITED I AM!!!!

Fuzzy
10-31-2012, 08:40 AM
0:57 seconds a lightning bolt emblem that was actually centered! YES!!!

KazuhLLL
10-31-2012, 05:21 PM
For those that missed the 343 Halo 4 multiplayer stream, here's the link of the archived video:

http://www.twitch.tv/343industries/b/337586280

EDIT: It's actually stopped working for me now at 13:28. Hopefully it gets fixed soon :P

Also, as far as the video has loaded, David Ellis said that there is a (skill-based) ranking system at work in matchmaking. It won't be visible to the players but, according to him, we should be getting competitive matches because we'll be put against people of similar skill.

VerbotenDonkey
10-31-2012, 05:48 PM
For me, it freezes at around 5:13 =/ And considering it just has the logo for about the first 3 minutes, it wasn't much haha.

Juggernaut9473
10-31-2012, 05:49 PM
cool story bro

Maxdoggy
10-31-2012, 05:54 PM
I watched it while at work. It was kinda cool. They showed off extraction. It was basically a mix between territories (2-plot) and headquarters from CoD.

Two objectives on map at a time. You have to active each objective (with a timer) and then defend it for 45 seconds and then you get a point for doing so.

Once one objective is taken, another spawns so that there is always two on the map.

KazuhLLL
10-31-2012, 06:06 PM
I watched it while at work. It was kinda cool. They showed off extraction. It was basically a mix between territories (2-plot) and headquarters from CoD.

Two objectives on map at a time. You have to active each objective (with a timer) and then defend it for 45 seconds and then you get a point for doing so.

Once one objective is taken, another spawns so that there is always two on the map.

Hopefully it's more fun than Headquarters because I'm not much of a fan of that :P

Oh, and apparently a hologram will teabag a dead body if it's sent over it. Seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3PVTX_r_N4
(bad quality, I know)

Fuzzy
10-31-2012, 06:13 PM
I see this causing a ton of issues with FC and its teabag policy...

MedeDust
10-31-2012, 06:17 PM

Most likely it can be turned off.

KazuhLLL
10-31-2012, 06:21 PM

That was the first thing I thought, too xD

Maxdoggy
10-31-2012, 06:25 PM
EVERYONE MUST USE HOLOGRAM NAO.