PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4

Pages : [1] 2 3

ThatRussianBear
04-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Halo 4 general

Maxdoggy
04-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Oh yea! Call of Duty and Battlefield in my Halo.

Bleh. :/

VerbotenDonkey
04-07-2012, 12:28 AM
This sounds ... awful. No more weapon spawn locations? Wtf. No more Elites? Wow ....

Anarchy
04-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Sounds terrible...

Mythonian
04-07-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm staying optimistic: this is all just in specific playlists and can be customized for custom games. I expect different playlists to have different settings.

Just like how now, there are some TU playlists, some Anniversary playlists, and you can play non-TU. You can play regular playlists, MLG, Arena, etc.

I expect this to be in specific playlists, while other playlists will have different settings.

343i has already shown they like to cater to what different groups of people want, so I doubt they'd suddenly change and make this universal.

Relapsive
04-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Myth your name looks weird in redd......

AftershocK
04-07-2012, 12:52 AM
O_o

Nocte
04-07-2012, 12:59 AM
This sounds awesome!

Coda
04-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Some of that stuff looks pretty cool. But some of it... Not so much. But, it's not even in beta yet. So, none of it is final yet

papasmurrph
04-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Boy I sure hope they don't ruin Halo. I like that it is not like COD or MW. That's why I play it. I think they are trying to fix something that's not broken.

d3ad1te
04-07-2012, 03:35 AM
Honestly....

SpartanOps? It sounds awesome but it just seems like they are trying to attract the CoD crowd by naming it similiar to SpecOps.

Also no firefight? Wtf?

Scarekro
04-07-2012, 05:03 AM
A lot of this sounds really cool.

I wish they'd have Sangheili for online and I'm unsure about the instant respawns, but I guess we'll see how it goes. A little skeptical overall, but I have faith in 343.

I'd also like to recommend that everyone subscribes to Halo4Follower on Youtube. He keeps everyone up to date on everything and anything Halo 4 related and I've found him to be extremely useful. Just an idea.

silversleek
04-07-2012, 10:46 AM
i dislike the lack of firefight, but i do like sparten ops. and i dislike how they took elites out of multi.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I could care less about Elites . . . I'm not sure how I feel about how their implementing armor abilities but as long as they fix them I will be fine . . . oh and armor lock isn't in the game.

I'm kind of disappointed that the story they gave us for why red and blue spartans are fighting is related to canon. I was hoping that they'd just make up some fantasy reason that doesn't relate to the real halo story (sort of like FC).

I never really played fire fight. In fact I think I might like SpartanOps better anyway.

Spartan Points sound gay to me . . . I hope they don't relate to how we rank up. Halo 2/3 ranks ftw.

Not sure I'm going to like drop in players . . . not going to bash it yet.

Ultimately I have faith in 343i that they'll also include a classic playlist for us players who liked it the old way. I was hoping for a few comments about the forge though.

Relapsive
04-07-2012, 11:36 AM
The whole having two armor abilities will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Gargoyle
04-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Hot damn I want this game!

Tired of just endlessly fighting enemies on firefights, so I love the fact there trying to put some adjective behind it. Ever tried playing firefight on the same map for hours? Gets old.

For Elites, it depends. This is an entirely new trilogy. Maybe Elites aren't even a big enough part of the storyline to be considered to be in multiplayer.

All in all, I've fallen in love with 343. I haven't personally agreed with all their choices, but hey. There trying to change and mix things up. Better than call of duty where the last what, 4 games have been pretty much the same?

SuRroundeD By 1
04-07-2012, 12:18 PM
You guys can't even guess how bad it's getting on the Waypoint forums right now . . .

Seriously half of the posts are about how "Halo has died" or how "Halo 4 will suck and Halo 5 will never be made" or "I've given up on Halo" it's FUBAR over there . . .

silversleek
04-07-2012, 12:18 PM
For Elites, it depends. This is an entirely new trilogy. Maybe Elites aren't even a big enough part of the storyline to be considered to be in multiplayer.

hmm you know, i hadn't considered that. maybe we can play as that new enemy mentioned?

Vestige
04-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Wait for it, buy it, yell at it, no one is going to be good at this game. They have took all the skill that you need to play this game away. Seriously what the fuck.

Mythonian
04-07-2012, 01:05 PM
They have took all the skill that you need to play this game away.

Hmmm... Not so sure about that. More like changed the skill to a different form. They made things a bit more fast-paced with a different style of gameplay, but if anything it will end up taking even more raw skill to dominate others.

For the most part, they made the game less about camping and more about map flow and adaptability, which is a good thing.

Nonetheless, I still expect these all to be customizable. Just like in Reach, there are multiple spawning systems, including Bro Slayer, Invasion, and regular spawn systems. I expect these instant-spawns to be another option and nothing more.

Same for everything else they mentioned (well, except for maybe the removal of Firefight, that's not really customizable).

I think it may be interesting: will we be able to Forge SpartanOps missions? Would be awesome!

Gargoyle
04-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Not really Ninja. All they've done is simply change the game. Now one dominating startgy that worked in one Halo game has to be second guess. I like it, keeps us on our toes.

Mythonian
04-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Also, one more thing about the instant-spawn system:

I think it's pretty guaranteed to only be for a very specific gametype or playlist. Having it in objective games like CTF would completely break the gametype (it would be impossible to get the flag if they respawned instantly...) There is a reason why the respawn time in CTF is 10 seconds, because if it was shorter it'd be extremely difficult to get the flag.

For gametypes like Slayer (where the respawn time is usually 3 seconds), instant-spawns aren't that bad.

ThatRussianBear
04-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Word^

Also no elites means new invasion enemy

SuRroundeD By 1
04-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Word^

Also no elites means new invasion enemy

If there will even be Invasion.

Btw look at the pictures on the bottom of the article . . . one of them has what I think is a glimpse of an assassination (btw assassinations have been confirmed).

bazongaman502
04-07-2012, 01:55 PM
1: Love the idea of being able to see through walls... im gonna fuck you guys up with that lol
2: No Elites in Multiplayer? I never really used them, however i know people who use them and they are fun to play with and against.
3: Instant Spawns... I actually like it. Think about it, in CoD, Instant spawns dont really affect the game. Its how you play that affects the game. Not the spawning. As long as the spawning is way better then Reach, then im sure it will be fine.
4: SpartanOps. I like it, im down for it.
5: No Firefight? meh, never played it much. I still like Reach (liked it better before 343i came in and screwed it up... not going into that) and ill pop the disk in everyonce in a while and play it.
6: Spartan Points... love it.
7: Buying Armor Abilites? Im down for this, as long as you can buy each one at the same ranks and they cost the same... otherwise there will be massive balancing issues.

Overal, im iffy about Halo 4... im buying it anyways. However all of this is determining how much of the multiplayer ill play. I might just being buying the game for the campaign. Dont really matter. Im gonna tell you 1 thing though. For Halo 4, FC will have to do MASSIVE changes.

VerbotenDonkey
04-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah but Maps are also smaller than CoD levels. Not sure how I feel about the insta-spawns. It just sounds like they're removing what makes Halo ... Halo. =/ Hard to tell without checking it out first though.

Nocte
04-07-2012, 02:02 PM
I could care less about Elites . . . I'm not sure how I feel about how their implementing armor abilities but as long as they fix them I will be fine . . . oh and armor lock isn't in the game.

I'm kind of disappointed that the story they gave us for why red and blue spartans are fighting is related to canon. I was hoping that they'd just make up some fantasy reason that doesn't relate to the real halo story (sort of like FC).

I never really played fire fight. In fact I think I might like SpartanOps better anyway.

Spartan Points sound gay to me . . . I hope they don't relate to how we rank up. Halo 2/3 ranks ftw.

Not sure I'm going to like drop in players . . . not going to bash it yet.

Ultimately I have faith in 343i that they'll also include a classic playlist for us players who liked it the old way. I was hoping for a few comments about the forge though.

Armor lock isn't in the game because people ruined it in Reach, the AA was a good idea, but they for some reason put it in Slayer Matches with no vehicles.... fail.

Ontop of that the AA's in Reach aren't broken, so what needs fixed?

I'm kind of confused as to why you would be disappointed for the canon reference, (I said that would be it ages ago, just because it makes sense) they weren't going to create a parallel universe inside of the Halo universe they are creating and helping to expand. That would be stupid.

Spartan Ops don't sound anything like SpecOps from MW2 and MW3 because they will be tying into the actual story of the game. SpecOps were basically side missions in which you ran through previous campaign missions only you have a different objective.

Spartan Points sound awesome I love the Reach ranking and purchase system. Halo 2's ranking system was terrible. You could do really good for like a week, have one bad day of Halo 2 and be back to where you started at the beginning of the week. Halo 3's ranking system was good before they ruined it with True Skill.

Also I don't think you mean drop in players, but drop in weapons. I love the sound of drop in weapons, then people can't camp weapon spawn. They have to adapt to the current game play. Hopefully they don't half ass this weapon spawning system though where there are only a few location each weapons drops. Rather it needs to be scattered and completely random.

I also have faith in 343i, but I also look forward to the campaign. 343i makes beautiful maps I wanna see what they can do in campaign on this new planet :)

P.S. 343i didn't screw up Reach, there a set playlists that have the TU and those that don't. Even then the TU is FTW.

Coda
04-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Maybe Elites aren't even a big enough part of the storyline to be considered to be in multiplayer.

I hadn't thought about that. But that is definitely a possibility. Thanks for bringing that up

SuRroundeD By 1
04-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Armor lock isn't in the game because people ruined it in Reach, the AA was a good idea, but they for some reason put it in Slayer Matches with no vehicles.... fail.

Ontop of that the AA's in Reach aren't broken, so what needs fixed?

I'm kind of confused as to why you would be disappointed for the canon reference, (I said that would be it ages ago, just because it makes sense) they weren't going to create a parallel universe inside of the Halo universe they are creating and helping to expand. That would be stupid.

Spartan Ops don't sound anything like SpecOps from MW2 and MW3 because they will be tying into the actual story of the game. SpecOps were basically side missions in which you ran through previous campaign missions only you have a different objective.

Spartan Points sound awesome I love the Reach ranking and purchase system. Halo 2's ranking system was terrible. You could do really good for like a week, have one bad day of Halo 2 and be back to where you started at the beginning of the week. Halo 3's ranking system was good before they ruined it with True Skill.

Also I don't think you mean drop in players, but drop in weapons. I love the sound of drop in weapons, then people can't camp weapon spawn. They have to adapt to the current game play. Hopefully they don't half ass this weapon spawning system though where there are only a few location each weapons drops. Rather it needs to be scattered and completely random.

I also have faith in 343i, but I also look forward to the campaign. 343i makes beautiful maps I wanna see what they can do in campaign on this new planet :)

P.S. 343i didn't screw up Reach, there a set playlists that have the TU and those that don't. Even then the TU is FTW.

It said in the article that it was bringing in drop-in players. So if you quit someone would replace you. Plus I have to say that all Reach AA's except sprint and evade are broken.

Jetpack ruins map movement. Someone of Reflection can grab rockets and snipers if they have one. AL gives players invincibility and can save players about to get splattered by vehicles . . . that should NOT be possible. If your about to be splattered and mowed down you shouldn't be able to press any button than 'A' to try and avoid it. Active Camo was just idiotic . . . it would have been SOOO much more reliable and less annoying if it didn't jam radars . . . Personally, I think Halo 4 should have AA's but they should stay out of multiplayer (with the exception of sprint).

I hate Halo: Reach's ranking system for the same reason I hated MW 1-3's. Halo ranking should revolve around skill not playtime. Ranks in reach mean nothing. I mean sure in Halo 3 they meant nothing in real life either but I meant in game. Seriously . . . if I saw I was playing against a skill 45 player I knew I was fucked. In Reach I can see a Reclaimer and be like: "Whatever he might not be that good anyway". Plus the ranking system usually matched players better.

Gargoyle
04-07-2012, 07:07 PM
^^^^
This man has many points.

Scarekro
04-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Ultimately, everybody has a different opinion. I'm only saying this because I feel like you guys are all trying to tell each other that the other is wrong and your opinion is the correct one. Halo is evolving. Get over it. I'm personally excited for these changes.

Faster gameplay? Awesome.
Spartan Ops? Sounds kickass.
Join in-progress? Not necessarily a bad thing.
Spartan Points? I hope it's similar to Reach's system. Halo was never meant to be a competitive game. This isn't CoD.
Loadouts and customization? Badass.
No Elites online? Doesn't affect me much, but I think it's for the best. After all, this is a new story. The Covenant are no longer the central enemy.

Overall, I think everybody's freaking out because it's a drastic change from what we know. Everybody wants H4 to be exactly like H2/3. That's not gonna happen, nor do I want it to. I want something new, something fresh. That's exactly what Halo gives me, game after game.

Combat Evolved =/= H2 =/= H3 =/= Reach
CoD 4 = World at War = MW2 = Black Ops = MW3

From what we've heard so far, Halo 4 is implementing things from CoD but keeping the distinctive Halo feel. I'm all for that. And I think it's gonna be a beautiful thing.

Nocte
04-08-2012, 04:54 AM
It said in the article that it was bringing in drop-in players. So if you quit someone would replace you. Plus I have to say that all Reach AA's except sprint and evade are broken.

Jetpack ruins map movement. Someone of Reflection can grab rockets and snipers if they have one. AL gives players invincibility and can save players about to get splattered by vehicles . . . that should NOT be possible. If your about to be splattered and mowed down you shouldn't be able to press any button than 'A' to try and avoid it. Active Camo was just idiotic . . . it would have been SOOO much more reliable and less annoying if it didn't jam radars . . . Personally, I think Halo 4 should have AA's but they should stay out of multiplayer (with the exception of sprint).

I hate Halo: Reach's ranking system for the same reason I hated MW 1-3's. Halo ranking should revolve around skill not playtime. Ranks in reach mean nothing. I mean sure in Halo 3 they meant nothing in real life either but I meant in game. Seriously . . . if I saw I was playing against a skill 45 player I knew I was fucked. In Reach I can see a Reclaimer and be like: "Whatever he might not be that good anyway". Plus the ranking system usually matched players better.

You mean join session in progress Xp

Jetpack doesn't ruin map movement it changes up gameplay, adapting to ingame changes is a whole hell of a lot more fun then being able to predict movements. It ruins authentic gameplay. Jetpack isn't OP nor broken. Armor Lock makes sense, Spartans and Elites can overpower their shields for a few seconds inorder to stop themselves from being splattered by a vehicle. The only thing annoying about Armor Lock is for some reason they put it in small 6v6 or 5v5 slayer gametypes. Camo has to jam radars well because the AA is also meant to confuse the enemy. You can't easily create distractions in Halo and with camo's radar jammer you can.

A skill based ranking system is and has been shit, who cares if you know how good another player is? Just because someone is better doesn't mean you can up your own skill level to try and match his or hers. Just play the damn game, progressive ranking is one of the only things left casual in most multiplayer games now.

Reaper
04-08-2012, 10:52 AM
THATS HERESY, THEIR SHOULD BE ELITES, THEY'VE BEEN PART OF HALO SINCE HALO 2!!!!!!!

ThatRussianBear
04-08-2012, 12:48 PM
YOUR OPINION IS NOT MY OPINION WHICH MAKES YOU WRONG

Scarekro
04-08-2012, 12:49 PM
A skill based ranking system is and has been shit, who cares if you know how good another player is? Just because someone is better doesn't mean you can up your own skill level to try and match his or hers. Just play the damn game, progressive ranking is one of the only things left casual in most multiplayer games now.

Agreed. I play Halo for fun. That's how it should be. This isn't CoD.

bazongaman502
04-08-2012, 01:04 PM

^this

And why is Halo all about "Who is better"... Halo was originally built for a casual gamer looking for a fun FPS. Once MLG took over Halo, Halo whent down the shitter. It was all about "Win, Win, Win, Win!!!!".... Im sorry, id chose losing a close game then dominating the other team. Cuz i play for fun. I play CoD for fun. I avoid gametypes that take teamwork because it always leads to 1 team just dominating.... I like Reach's ranking system, actually take that back, I LOVE Reach's ranking system. It gave lesser skilled players some bregging rights with a higher rank and cool looking armor.

(im gonna get so much hate over this) I hate Halo 3 compared to Reach... Reach brought something new to the table, while Halo 3 was all about compitition... If Halo 4 has that "Compitition" feel, im done with Halo and will move towrds different games. Its because of players Just wanting to "Win" thats killing Halo for what it was intended to be.... for "Fun"

Acid
04-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Fuck the multiplayer, I'm only getting this game for the campaign. Not saying that I won't play multiplayer once-in-awhile.

But seriously, What else did you expect? Every game that's been milked to shreds is going to suck. Look how bad the Call of Duty series has turned out to be. The Battlefield series isn't as great as it used to be either. Unfortunately, there are only a handful of games that get better with age, and even then they may not be all that great. For example: I love Skyrim, I've played the shit out of it, but at times I feel like Morrowind is better.

Gargoyle
04-08-2012, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsKjBJc-bgY&feature=g-user-u&context=G2d92a1dUCGXQYbcT J33boy9MbbArC1vPyhruOaSwE 3uRpHTqSKH4

Most of this was already stated in here, but there's some new stuff including what might be some new multiplayer armor if you look close ;)

d3ad1te
04-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Hmm looks interesting. I like the Spartan Ops.

I like the sprint for everyone. I want to feel like a super soldier... As long as the gun-play is unchanged.

d3ad1te
04-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Spartan Points? I hope it's similar to Reach's system. Halo was never meant to be a competitive game. This isn't CoD.

First of all Call of Duty is NOT competitive. It is the most casual FPS there is.

Halo of course will have many playlists... Including competitive ones. When Bungie created Halo they didn't expect it to become "competitive"... But a multi-million dollar game league sprouted up because of it... They need to cater to that crowd as well.

Anyway PC gaming is way better than any console gaming.

Gargoyle
04-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Pc gaming for me is just too expensive. I know a guy who only plays pc games. I pay less than he does.

d3ad1te
04-08-2012, 09:20 PM
First of all PC gaming... Means a lot more than just gaming.

Not only are the majority of games being released on PC free but also just plain innovation.

Planetside2.com

This game is going to be amazing and if you have purchased a PC in the last 2 years you'll be able to play it.

Reaper
04-08-2012, 09:22 PM
YOUR OPINION IS NOT MY OPINION WHICH MAKES YOU WRONG

I thought you would find my opinion worth it seeing as how when you went broke with vcash i gave you 700 that you turned into 33595. so..... my opinion is just

GlassyDread
04-08-2012, 10:10 PM
^this

And why is Halo all about "Who is better"... Halo was originally built for a casual gamer looking for a fun FPS. Once MLG took over Halo, Halo whent down the shitter. It was all about "Win, Win, Win, Win!!!!".... Im sorry, id chose losing a close game then dominating the other team. Cuz i play for fun. I play CoD for fun. I avoid gametypes that take teamwork because it always leads to 1 team just dominating.... I like Reach's ranking system, actually take that back, I LOVE Reach's ranking system. It gave lesser skilled players some bregging rights with a higher rank and cool looking armor.

(im gonna get so much hate over this) I hate Halo 3 compared to Reach... Reach brought something new to the table, while Halo 3 was all about compitition... If Halo 4 has that "Compitition" feel, im done with Halo and will move towrds different games. Its because of players Just wanting to "Win" thats killing Halo for what it was intended to be.... for "Fun"

This is SuRroundeD By 1 on GlassyDreads profile.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong . . . your entitled to your own opinion but I have to say that Halo was better when it was more competitive. I can't stand it when I'm shooting at someone with a DMR and they win because one of my shots miss because of bloom. I miss the BR and I missed Halo 3's competitiveness. I get mad when someone becomes invincible with AL or flies all over a map with Jetpack because it ruins my experience. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a revamped Halo 2/3 but Armor Abilities (with the exclusion of sprint) were a terrible idea.

Plus Bazongaman even if Reach doesn't feel that competitive, I guarantee you that it is. If your playing against other players (even if it's on the virtual battlefield) you're competing against them. The difference is whether or not it's easier for bad players to to beat better players because of game mechanics. Now when you read that I'm not trying to say that bad players shouldn't be able to kill anyone, but the game shouldn't give them huge advantages to try and survive. This is what armor lock has done.

And I hate Reaches ranking system. I still remember the feeling of success I had when I finally reached skill 30 on Halo 3 (at least that's when I stopped) and Major Grade 2. I remember being proud of working to get to that because it meant something. In Halo: Reach I'm a "Hero" and it means nothing to me. It means I've played the game a while and I have no sense of accomplishment. It's disappointing . . . but that's my opinion . . .

~ SuRroundeD By 1

bazongaman502
04-08-2012, 10:20 PM
This is SuRroundeD By 1 on GlassyDreads profile.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong . . . your entitled to your own opinion but I have to say that Halo was better when it was more competitive. I can't stand it when I'm shooting at someone with a DMR and they win because one of my shots miss because of bloom. I miss the BR and I missed Halo 3's competitiveness. I get mad when someone becomes invincible with AL or flies all over a map with Jetpack because it ruins my experience. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a revamped Halo 2/3 but Armor Abilities (with the exclusion of sprint) were a terrible idea.

Plus Bazongaman even if Reach doesn't feel that competitive, I guarantee you that it is. If your playing against other players (even if it's on the virtual battlefield) you're competing against them. The difference is whether or not it's easier for bad players to to beat better players because of game mechanics. Now when you read that I'm not trying to say that bad players shouldn't be able to kill anyone, but the game shouldn't give them huge advantages to try and survive. This is what armor lock has done.

And I hate Reaches ranking system. I still remember the feeling of success I had when I finally reached skill 30 on Halo 3 (at least that's when I stopped) and Major Grade 2. I remember being proud of working to get to that because it meant something. In Halo: Reach I'm a "Hero" and it means nothing to me. It means I've played the game a while and I have no sense of accomplishment. It's disappointing . . . but that's my opinion . . .

~ SuRroundeD By 1

I understand what you are saying, however theres different levels of Competitive play.

1: Play to win, but playing for fun at the same time... doesnt hurt you when you lose, you just get ready for the next game.
2: Play to Dominate.

The first one is always fine and i support it, however #2 is what kills Halo. When MLG came in and took control of Halo, all people wanted to do was be "MLG Status". That causes players to go into casual playlists and just tear the casual players a new ass.... thats the bad part.

Juggernaut9473
04-08-2012, 10:31 PM
When MLG came in and took control of Halo, all people wanted to do was be "MLG Status". That causes players to go into casual playlists and just tear the casual players a new ass.... thats the bad part.

i hate that shit

ThatRussianBear
04-08-2012, 11:54 PM
I thought you would find my opinion worth it seeing as how when you went broke with vcash i gave you 700 that you turned into 33595. so..... my opinion is just

Fluttershy is best poni

Silko
04-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Spartan Ops: Awesome. I loved the Spec Ops in COD and a Halo version of this = Even more Awesome

Sprint: Makes TONS of since for a Spartan to be able to sprint and have a AA. I see this making the game much more fast pace and makes you have to think of your AAs a lot more.

Loadouts: This can be very good or very bad. They are going to have to make sure that the load outs can be balanced and not have people spawn in with shotguns and things like that, but that's common sense. This should bring more versatility to the game

Elites: I didn't use them BUT they are a HUGE part of Halo. If, like stated earlier post, the elites are not a major part of the game anymore then by all means. Invasion may no longer be in the game. This would be a downer for me for I LOVE invasion.

Firefight: Not smart if you ask me. They should have both Firefight and Spartan Ops. People like it and it is a fun game type to play with friends with. Yeah people boost with it but if 343 is active on punishing those who cheat then we should be fine.

Weapon Spawns: I kind of like it. I think it will make the game more skill based and not who can keep track of the weapon spawns better. But maybe that's just me.

Respawns: I will agree with Myth. I think they will only have that in certain game types. I see that being more functional in Slayer. This could help prevent the spawn camp in Slayer but we will see.

Joining In-Progress Games: Love it. Yeah people will bitch about their W/L ratio but who cares. This will help with the whole rage quit issue.

Over all positive things in my opinion. It will change Halo but hopefully for the better. Yes a lot of these things are coming from COD but COD is a successful game for a reason. If we can take the goods from COD and successfully combine them with Halo then we will have a Great game on our hands. I hope 343 can do it.

bazongaman502
04-09-2012, 01:10 AM
^ exactly what silko said

also something that im liking is the destruction on the map is possible (may not be to the full extent as BF, but still)

Vincesportsman2
04-09-2012, 01:58 AM
I miss Bungie already.

d3ad1te
04-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Spartan Ops: Awesome. I loved the Spec Ops in COD and a Halo version of this = Even more Awesome

Sprint: Makes TONS of since for a Spartan to be able to sprint and have a AA. I see this making the game much more fast pace and makes you have to think of your AAs a lot more.

Loadouts: This can be very good or very bad. They are going to have to make sure that the load outs can be balanced and not have people spawn in with shotguns and things like that, but that's common sense. This should bring more versatility to the game

Elites: I didn't use them BUT they are a HUGE part of Halo. If, like stated earlier post, the elites are not a major part of the game anymore then by all means. Invasion may no longer be in the game. This would be a downer for me for I LOVE invasion.

Firefight: Not smart if you ask me. They should have both Firefight and Spartan Ops. People like it and it is a fun game type to play with friends with. Yeah people boost with it but if 343 is active on punishing those who cheat then we should be fine.

Weapon Spawns: I kind of like it. I think it will make the game more skill based and not who can keep track of the weapon spawns better. But maybe that's just me.

Respawns: I will agree with Myth. I think they will only have that in certain game types. I see that being more functional in Slayer. This could help prevent the spawn camp in Slayer but we will see.

Joining In-Progress Games: Love it. Yeah people will bitch about their W/L ratio but who cares. This will help with the whole rage quit issue.

Over all positive things in my opinion. It will change Halo but hopefully for the better. Yes a lot of these things are coming from COD but COD is a successful game for a reason. If we can take the goods from COD and successfully combine them with Halo then we will have a Great game on our hands. I hope 343 can do it.

A lot of positive changes I agree.

No firefight? Lame.. I assume Spartan Ops missions may include Firefight somehow... Also no elites I'm ok with. I mean we know that MC fights them in the first level. Invasion was awesome but we are facing a new enemy so.... who knows what we'll get.

Also the weapon drops... If people think that will kill the skill... Lmao. I like it. I mean they still have to drop down at intervals.. Just random locations. Gotta be aware.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Bazongaman . . . I don't play to dominate. I play to win and have fun but I don't care for dominating. I love those close games that come down to the last kill, adrenalin pumping through my veins as I pull the trigger to get the game winning kill. Or maybe I lose that kill who knows . . . maybe they kill me, but I'm fine with that as long as they killed me because they were better than me.

I don't want to lose the game winning point because my DMR's bloom made me miss a final shot (even though my reticule was on their head), or the guy drops into armor lock just before I kill him and the game ends, or his buddies comes up to help him because of a jetpack even though he shouldn't have been able to reach me because he was on the floor below. That's when I have a problem.

Now, I think every single AA should return . . . but they should stay out of Matchmaking . . . except for sprint, sprint was ok. Jet pack might be okay too if it is a quick burst of flight and not what it is now. Maybe if it becomes a jump pack or something (Remember Imperial Jet pack troops from Battlefront 2? Like those guys). That's just my opinion though.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Does anybody here subscribe to game informer? My friends over XBL have been going crazy over their newest article which covers Halo 4. I personally do not subscribe but a friend of mine posted THIS (http://www.co-optimus.com/article/8028/juicy-halo-4-game-details-revealed-in-game-informer-may-issue.html) on facebook. I have no idea how accurate or reliable the article is but it gives a lot of information.

The biggest/most disappointing aspect is they have confirmed that they are removing Firefight. >.<

Also it says that they are adding a new game mode called "Spartan Ops", which is basically a rip off of Spec Ops from COD.......If this is true then it is just more evidence that they are making it a futuristic COD game >.>

now...Discuss!!!

Juggernaut9473
04-11-2012, 11:31 PM
we have been discussing about this for a while now <_<

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-11-2012, 11:52 PM
has anybody mentioned the game informer article? Cause that's what this topic was intended for.

d3ad1te
04-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Already read it.

Don't remember teh linkage.

Scarekro
04-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Dude... it's right here. (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?5888-Halo-4)

Literally two threads below yours. Redundant thread is redundant.

Silko
04-12-2012, 09:41 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/motivator3593515nh2.jpg

Nocte
04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
http://www.memecreator.com/static/images/memes/97169.jpg

Anarchy
04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Just got the new GI. Thank god they interviewed Kiki Wolfkill.
(Podcast inside joke) xD.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-12-2012, 01:54 PM
wow this is just getting stupid. Can the next moderator who see's this lock it before someone else tries to be funny.

zZ Dr K Zz
04-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Thread has been closed as it is a dupe.

Please post your Halo 4 information in this thread: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?5888-Halo-4

I attempted to merge the two threads, but I needed a password for it for some reason :S

Ex Zen Mute
04-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Random Weapon Spawns: If from what Frankie clarified is right.

Weapons have determined locations, random timer as to when it is "telegraphed" to everyone that it showed up.

Mythonian
04-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Thread has been closed as it is a dupe.

Please post your Halo 4 information in this thread: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?5888-Halo-4

I attempted to merge the two threads, but I needed a password for it for some reason :S

It just wanted you to verify that it was you doing it. In those situations, just type in your password again.

I just merged the threads together, though.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-12-2012, 04:10 PM
lol I don't see what the point in trying to merge them was, nobody posted anything relevant to my thread. They all just tried to be funny cause they thought I was trying to start my own Halo 4 thread. When in fact I only wanted to discuss the Game Informer article, not the game in general. But I suppose this thread would have worked just fine.......

So who here is pissed they're removing Firefight?

ArchAngelLloyd
04-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Me for one. All I have to say about that is they better have put some thing in its place that's gonna knock peoples socks off. Other wise they might loose some of the fan base.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-12-2012, 06:00 PM
lol I don't see what the point in trying to merge them was, nobody posted anything relevant to my thread. They all just tried to be funny cause they thought I was trying to start my own Halo 4 thread. When in fact I only wanted to discuss the Game Informer article, not the game in general. But I suppose this thread would have worked just fine.......

So who here is pissed they're removing Firefight?

I'm not, I hardly ever played firefight because it was so extremely boring (IMO). I'm glad they replaced it with Spartan Ops mostly because I've wanted to know more about the UNSC Infinity and Spartan IV's since first hearing about them. But also because it will play out more like a campaign than a survival mode and most games with survival modes are boring to me (I can't play zombies for more than one round without wishing that I was banging my head against a wall). Plus they'll be updating it every month so there is always more to unravel . . . as long as they can keep the story interesting I'll be excited to play the new missions every month which gives me something to do besides the multiplayer.

That's just all my opinion though.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-12-2012, 06:05 PM
I will admit Firefight is not the best "wave defense" game mode. Horde in Gears of War is much more fun. And Nazi Zombies is very popular (I don't enjoy it but most do). I think what they should do is re imagine it. Kinda Like Horde 2.0 for Gears 3. I'd like to see it as more of a challenge and easier for your team to form a defensive perimeter. Most of the firefight maps we already have are created much like multiplayer maps where the covenant always have a way to sneak up on you...which prevents camping.

Also I find Firefight Arcade incredibly boring, there's no challenge. I mainly like to play Firefight Limited.

Nocte
04-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Firefight was very boring... In fact I still think Halo: ODST's firefight was the best as it took teamwork to play it. Bungie kinda ruined it with arcade fight and what have you.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-12-2012, 06:48 PM
I will admit Firefight is not the best "wave defense" game mode. Horde in Gears of War is much more fun. And Nazi Zombies is very popular (I don't enjoy it but most do). I think what they should do is re imagine it. Kinda Like Horde 2.0 for Gears 3. I'd like to see it as more of a challenge and easier for your team to form a defensive perimeter. Most of the firefight maps we already have are created much like multiplayer maps where the covenant always have a way to sneak up on you...which prevents camping.

Also I find Firefight Arcade incredibly boring, there's no challenge. I mainly like to play Firefight Limited.

Still, I prefer objectives and a story over survival. No matter what, it's just a preference of mine.

Juggernaut9473
04-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Still, I prefer objectives and a story over survival. No matter what, it's just a preference of mine.

^^^

LocoCrazy
04-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Halo 4's subtitle:
Still suckin it. Boo-yeah.

I do have to admit though. This 343 bidness is probably going to produce something better then the previous shit stain.

Scarekro
04-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Agreed with a lot of what has been said about Firefight. It was much more challenging and a lot more fun on ODST. On Reach, there's almost no challenge. High credit payout, low fun rating. I'm excited for Spartan Ops.

Nocte
04-13-2012, 09:53 AM

There is really no story to the firefight if anything it ruins the storyline because you're defending locations that have already been evaced. Now if you had to defend that set location for a certain of time to allow civilians to be evaced that would be cool. Also I like how they added ODST's in the newest Firefight map, but that still isn't a whole lot. They could have done great things with firefight in Reach, but instead they just made it into an easy slaughter fest.

Spartan OPs will be awesome.

ThatRussianBear
04-13-2012, 12:29 PM
What if in invasion you start off in detailed drop pods, and when you whole team drops that area would be your first spawn point and you pick up your weapons like a br and a pistol from inside the pod, that would be awesome

SuRroundeD By 1
04-13-2012, 01:44 PM
What if in invasion you start off in detailed drop pods, and when you whole team drops that area would be your first spawn point and you pick up your weapons like a br and a pistol from inside the pod, that would be awesome

No elites in multiplayer haha . . . I don't know how else they would do invasion . . . unless they do SvS but it wouldn't feel the same I guess . . .

I don't know I loved invasion though.

Silko
04-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Well we could do invasion with the new enemy.

I know some did not find firefight fun but some did. I feel they should have brought it back and bring in Spartan Ops. For two reasons

1) It is fun for some so lets keep it. If they mess with it and make it more entertaining then that will only help this game become successful

2) Why not have it? I can not think of 1 good argument for the removal of this game type. As long as 343 is up and up on maintaining the servers and swinging the Ban Hammer at those who cheat and boost off of it then there is really no argument for not having it in game

Spartan Ops plus Firefight = more choices for game play = better game

Scarekro
04-13-2012, 04:33 PM
I've heard a lot of things about how Halo 4 is pushing the Xbox to its limits. So they can't have Firefight AND Spartan Ops. If that's so, I'm okay with sacrificing Firefight for something new that sounds kickass.

Juggernaut9473
04-13-2012, 05:17 PM
as long as my xbox doesn't melt i'll be good

bazongaman502
04-13-2012, 06:15 PM
as long as my xbox doesn't melt i'll be good

well the next xbox is coming soon, so if it does it wont be to much of a loss lol

Choca Cola
04-13-2012, 06:44 PM
You have no idea how long I've thought that.
But the problem with Halo 4 is that consoles only have what it has when you buy it. A few years later it's outdated, so what do we do? Make an entirely new console. Unlike a computer where you can install new software and at times hardware, so you can push it's limits beyond what it could originally do(Battlefield 3 anyone?)I realize that technology will always push forward, therefore out with the old and in with the new. But for that time being it makes things better for computer owners.

Scarekro
04-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Thought you guys would like to know that it has been confirmed in the Waypoint forums by Frankie (I assume Frank O'Conner) that we will not be fighting the Flood in Halo 4.

VerbotenDonkey
04-16-2012, 10:47 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. THEN WHATS THE POINT?! THATS THE POINT OF THE SHIELD WORLD!!!!!! DSGSFIGJFDSOJFFASKDFIJOAJ IDFIJFKADJ

I had a brain pop. What if Chief uses the new Forerunner Tech he finds to enhance Cortana so she doesn't go insane and increases her lifespan?

ThatRussianBear
04-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Obviously they are not going to let cortana die if there is still going to be a halo 5 and 6

Scarekro
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. THEN WHATS THE POINT?! THATS THE POINT OF THE SHIELD WORLD!!!!!!

Actually, the primary purpose of a shield world is to serve as shelter from the activation of the Halo array. But they're also used to monitor and counter Flood outbreaks. Not necessarily fight them.

What if Chief uses the new Forerunner Tech he finds to enhance Cortana so she doesn't go insane and increases her lifespan?

I've heard somebody mention that that has already happened. I called bullshit.

I've been thinking about this, and I'm hoping he finds something to save her. This game is supposed to delve deeper into their relationship, so he's gonna get desperate and try to save her some way.

Obviously they are not going to let cortana die if there is still going to be a halo 5 and 6

Doesn't mean shit.

Vestige
04-16-2012, 11:43 PM
I say Chief is going to have to sacrifice something big to save her. Either way, I don`t think the Chief is going to continue after Halo 6.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Hey, something from the recent Waypoint Podcast. Here is a basic sum of the info copy and pasted straight to here! Your welcome :)

Random Weapon Drops

Kevin "New weapon spawning system, in the context of the Infinity"

Kevin "Still initial Weapon drops at beginning of each game"

Josh? "Communicate to the player about weapon drops so they don't have to memorise"

Weapon drop called Ordanance Can change it in custom games.

Weapons drop from space into map. It can kill youBut has warnings

Players know when spawns will happen

Player Spawn System.

In certain modes, will be able to spawn into game. (David)

You have a choice when you die whether you customise your loadout or spawn right away.

Will be in Premier Slayer Experience.

Not in every mode! Not in Objective game types. Still a delay in objective game types.

Large chunk of MM not shown.

Loadouts

Will have options in customs games to change many things. Can turn off instant spawn.

Have to unlock BR.

Balancing the starting weapons. DMR good for long range. Can have short range weapons. BR and DMR not serving same role.

Warhouse name has been changed.

DMR has a set rate of fire. Fires at a slower rate.

BR is not OP, has recoil. Not as effective as DMR at longer range.

Mid range and closer BR is good.

Not every weapon is in the loadouts.

Some weapons only in ordance system.

Armor Abilities

Similar experience to Reach, but have seen how they used.

Sprint was most popular- but now default.

CAN'T USE SPRINT TO RUN AWAY. LEVELS DESIGNED FOR THIS.

Have a sprint meter.

A SLOW DOWN MECHANIC IF YOU ARE BEING SHOT!So can't double pummle or run away.

Similar base level movement/jump to halo 3

Looked out Halo 1/3 for inspiration.

Forerunner vision: range being tweaked. Treat like sonar, sweeps out. Delay from when you send it out. Other players can hear you using it. Just had new graphic for it.

Rock Paper scissors happening. Lots of trade offs with AA's.

Armour lock not in the game.

Armour abilities from Reach been changed.

Cortanaweb? Not sure- help me out here folks.

Weapons feel more dangerous

Team slayer is 4v4 Objective games are 5v5. Apologies for the confusion Here

Plasma Pistol and Sniper sound different. As do Grenades.

Assault Carbine a renamed weapon. Didn't feel powerful before? Been through an evolution? Needler? hmmmm

Spartan Ops

If you liked Firefight, you will like this.

Things you unlock go back and forth. Character same in both SO and MM.

Can unlock items before you go into competitive.

Objective and story based. rather than just survival based.

Reward for many things.

Much more focused on teamwork than FF was.

CG Series being made (SO linked).

Character you have built in MM linked to SO.

Small number of players. Exclusive given a chance to play the game.

END OF PODCAST.....

IF there is anything I missed, help me out folks :)

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-17-2012, 06:54 PM
^Awesome info Surrounded.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-17-2012, 10:33 PM
^Awesome info Surrounded.

You can thank the kind people on the Waypoint forums bud . . . but don't actually do that because they'll have no idea what your talking about and most of them are whining about the changes in Halo 4.

H2O Yordle
04-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I wanna know if Armor lock is making a reapperance. Idk if I like having Custom Loadouts in MM. It makes it kinda like CoD and BF.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-17-2012, 11:32 PM
I wanna know if Armor lock is making a reapperance. Idk if I like having Custom Loadouts in MM. It makes it kinda like CoD and BF.

[Information confirmed on Halo Waypoint through Frankie via twitter or something else]

Armor Lock will not be returning.

Custom loadouts will be more like Gears of War actually. You get a choice of your primary and secondary (a small choice . . . you don't spawn with sniper and rockets) along with your grenade type and armor ability. There is a fifth option which I am currently assuming is armor modifications. I actually like the new system because I can mix the game up a little by switching between maybe a DMR and BR (although you have to unlock the BR).

Not all playlists will be featuring custom loadouts. There will most likely be a few classic-y playlists with regular starts.

H2O Yordle
04-17-2012, 11:51 PM
SWEET FUCKING YES! I AM FUCKING LOVING THIS~

PhoenixPrime
04-23-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm pretty optimistic about it so far. We'll see how it all pans out.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Just a little bit more about Spartan Op's guys if you didn't already know:

- As I think I've already stated: Spartan Op's will act like a Television series and span the course of a couple months going in and out of seasons.
- While a season is active five new missions and a single cutscene sequence unlock every week.
- Players personal Spartan models will be the models used for Spartan Op's along with Infinity mode (new name for multiplayer).
- Episodes do not expire, so you can go back and play your favorite spartan op's missions over and OVER and OVER
- Players earn Spartan Points while playing Spartan Op's (I thought this was obvious but apparently it was a big deal over on the waypoint forums).
- Spartan Op's can be played on any difficulty level (Easy, Normal, Heroic, Legendary).
- By the time it ends Spartan Op's is supposed to be comparable to the "size and scope" of the campaign.

Choca Cola
04-23-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm already up to date on most of this...
I'm not going to set my sights on the Moon yet... but I'm gonna say this is going to be a great game.

papasmurrph
04-24-2012, 12:43 AM
The thing i am not to sure about is the sprint being a permanent ability. My main concern is that in order to sprint your gonna have to push down on thumbsticks which i really dislike. Anyone know anything about button layouts yet?

SuRroundeD By 1
04-24-2012, 03:08 PM
The thing i am not to sure about is the sprint being a permanent ability. My main concern is that in order to sprint your gonna have to push down on thumbsticks which i really dislike. Anyone know anything about button layouts yet?

343i has not released any official button layouts . . . but since the reporters at Game Informer have played the game I'm sure they have a general idea . . . good luck getting it out of them.

MezarRaider
04-24-2012, 04:48 PM
I like a lot of the new ideas, I hate how they got rid of the Elites though. The Elites are awesome!

Juggernaut9473
04-24-2012, 04:59 PM
I like a lot of the new ideas, I hate how they got rid of the Elites though. The Elites were awesome!
fixed =P

MezarRaider
04-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Haha, are/were. The elites will always be awesome

Relapsive
04-24-2012, 06:31 PM

Better have Bumper Jumper!

SuRroundeD By 1
04-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Ok guys . . . more news about Halo 4.

So . . . at NYC Microsoft had some event for . . . whatever. BUT many comments flooded in on twitter about Halo gameplay . . . here is what I have heard:

- BR still has spread but it isn't that bad, and the BR does have a little bit of recoil (supposedly not too much)
- DMR returns, firing slower than in reach but bloom IS back. However the player commented saying that the bloom seemed to reset faster than in Halo Reach and there was no need to pace his shots.
- Good DMR user will beat a BR user at almost all ranges.
- Along with the random map ordinance player can now receive . . . personal ordinance . . . we currently don't know how we get personal ordinance as the players who got them didn't notice why and 343i hasn't clarified.
- DEFAULT control layout has Sprint as the left thumb-stick and B as the crouch button . . . BUT controls are HEAVILY customizable (meaning there are a bunch of different control settings). So many in fact that Frankie hasn't even chosen his own default layout yet (Frankie is stinkles or something like that).

Here is a link to this information (because I know you'll ask for proof): http://www.littleenglishhaloblog .com/2012/04/people-playing-halo-4.html

NO ONE freak out though, the people who have played have stated that the game still very much feels like Halo and it played, looked, and sounded great. I still have faith in 343.

AftershocK
04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
*gulp*

bigclay11
04-28-2012, 12:16 AM
allready have halo4 preordered and now just chillin

Reaper
04-29-2012, 11:18 AM

my most hated enemy has a new face.... i will enjoy cutting that methane line that runs into his nose...

H2O Yordle
04-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Your most hated enemy is a grunt? Not a brute or Eilte but a grunt?

Andimion
04-29-2012, 07:23 PM
HURRAY!! No more gay MLG... So hopefully the population of matchmaking fags will greatly deteriorate..

AftershocK
04-29-2012, 07:50 PM
HURRAY!! No more gay MLG... So hopefully the population of matchmaking fags will greatly deteriorate..

I wouldnt count on it lol

Andimion
04-29-2012, 07:54 PM
I wouldnt count on it lol

I guess its just wishful thinking.. lol I prefer a more mature and fun based matchmaking.. Not a douchebag fest..

bazongaman502
04-29-2012, 08:31 PM
I guess its just wishful thinking.. lol I prefer a more mature and fun based matchmaking.. Not a douchebag fest..

Agreed

Salvanous
04-30-2012, 01:58 AM
Now just comes the question of will I be one of the BR people, or the DMR....

Sounds like it now is more of a support gun than it is a all purpose weapon, though still a bread and butter, but the fact that the old bread and butter sounds more... all purpose friendly is making me tug between two of my three mistresses..... T.T

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-30-2012, 02:09 AM
I know both will play out differently but I'm going to assume I will prefer the BR, even though I like the DMR more.

bazongaman502
04-30-2012, 02:16 AM
ill use the BR if i really have to, but im sure ill probably be a supporter for the DMR hands down... maybe they have a way where you can spawn with both like they did in CoD lolol

Salvanous
04-30-2012, 03:31 AM
Wait, will all loadout options be available from the beginning? I know there are a few options like improved regen that have me wondering if you unlock them, which I would be concerned about. I want Halo to keep being the game where a fresh player only is missing out on armor and not weapons or skills.

VerbotenDonkey
04-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Wait, will all loadout options be available from the beginning? I know there are a few options like improved regen that have me wondering if you unlock them, which I would be concerned about. I want Halo to keep being the game where a fresh player only is missing out on armor and not weapons or skills.

You have to unlock the BR so I'm guessing there will be others you have to unlock as well.

Salvanous
04-30-2012, 09:16 AM
That kind of makes me a little bit sad....The thing I have always loved about Halo even if my friends may not be able to appreciate it is that even if they don't play it they can pick up the game and I won't dominate them because I have something they don't have.

Also how do you know you need to unlock the BR?

Nocte
04-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Also how do you know you need to unlock the BR?

It's been stated by 343i or Frankie already.

Rokkman X
04-30-2012, 09:30 AM
DMR will probably be better for longer range, the BR will be more limited in that area. Other than that there will be few differences between them, if only to piss us off because they use different bullets so you cant pick up the ammo from fallen enemies as much. I hope they have supplemental bandoliers that actually hold extra ammo for you, to combat the abundance of primary weapons. That would be cool. Not grenades though, that would suck. Maybe there will be deployable ammo packs.

PhoenixPrime
04-30-2012, 09:31 AM
That kind of makes me a little bit sad....The thing I have always loved about Halo even if my friends may not be able to appreciate it is that even if they don't play it they can pick up the game and I won't dominate them because I have something they don't have.

This may still not happen. I expect each weapon will have its own niche, and the inclusion of the BR won't diminish the role that the DMR might have. We don't know how the weapons behave yet, so we can't say much about how unlocking them will affect the gameplay.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
DMR will probably be better for longer range, the BR will be more limited in that area. Other than that there will be few differences between them, if only to piss us off because they use different bullets so you cant pick up the ammo from fallen enemies as much. I hope they have supplemental bandoliers that actually hold extra ammo for you, to combat the abundance of primary weapons. That would be cool. Not grenades though, that would suck. Maybe there will be deployable ammo packs.

One of the rumored "modifications" is extra ammunition. Not sure if it's real or not.

As for the DMR or BR vote, I'm going to use the BR on small-medium maps with cover and twists/ turns (ie: The Pit) and the DMR for medium-long range maps that are open (ie: Blood Gulch).

Reaper
04-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Your most hated enemy is a grunt? Not a brute or Eilte but a grunt?

all my friends know that i have a burning hatred for grunts (i'm an elite person i don't hate elites). in halo 3 i found they were not good enough for my bullets so i would burn them, drown them, push them off cliffs, squish them, run them over, ect. i hate grunts throughout the entire halo series and each game of the original trilogy has a moment where my hatred for them is multiplied 100x fold.

bazongaman502
04-30-2012, 05:53 PM
iv been killed by a grunt :(

Reaper
04-30-2012, 06:11 PM
i now have another reason to kill them. the next one i kill shall die an extra harsh death

Scarekro
05-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Dunno if you guys are aware of this, but there's a live action series that will be released this summer. Five episodes, fifteen minutes each, released weekly. It's called "Forward Unto Dawn" and it's about how John-117 has inspired a cadet to eventually become a leader on the UNSC Infinity. It's been said to kinda let everyone know what's been going on between H3 and H4.

SuRroundeD By 1
05-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Dunno if you guys are aware of this, but there's a live action series that will be released this summer. Five episodes, fifteen minutes each, released weekly. It's called "Forward Unto Dawn" and it's about how John-117 has inspired a cadet to eventually become a leader on the UNSC Infinity. It's been said to kinda let everyone know what's been going on between H3 and H4.

Yup I meant to mention this earlier but I never got around to it.

Also it's going to mount up to 90 minutes long (basically a short movie, confirmed by Frankie on NeoGaf), with 15 minute episodes (so about 6 . . . not 5 haha unless one of the episodes is 30 minutes long).

Supposed to be REALLY GOOD but we'll see. I loved the other ones but this series will last a LOT LONGER!

Also, when the video's are released they can be viewed from machinima or waypoint sources.

This could be Halo's big break, if this becomes a success it might edge some director out there to make a full scale movie.

Silko
05-02-2012, 02:38 PM
This could be Halo's big break, if this becomes a success it might edge some director out there to make a full scale movie.

*prays*

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
05-02-2012, 03:26 PM

Excuse me while I throw a party.

Scarekro
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Also it's going to mount up to 90 minutes long (basically a short movie, confirmed by Frankie on NeoGaf), with 15 minute episodes (so about 6 . . . not 5 haha unless one of the episodes is 30 minutes long).

Frank and another director at 343 told Variety that there would be five episodes, each 15 minutes. The link to said article was put into a Halo Waypoint blog on their front page.

SuRroundeD By 1
05-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Frank and another director at 343 told Variety that there would be five episodes, each 15 minutes. The link to said article was put into a Halo Waypoint blog on their front page.

Well Frankie recently quoted on NeoGaf about having the entire thing reach about 90 minutes. I have read what the rest of the articles say but I'm just going off what I saw Frankie post.

BTW: here is some more news about the series . . . it's being filmed on a college campus (at least some of it) . . .

Source: http://kotaku.com/5906858/first-look-at-the-set-of-the-halo-4-live-action-series

Scarekro
05-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Well Frankie recently quoted on NeoGaf about having the entire thing reach about 90 minutes. I have read what the rest of the articles say but I'm just going off what I saw Frankie post.

I saw that as well, but I think I'm gonna stick with what is on the official Halo website for the time being.

SuRroundeD By 1
05-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I saw that as well, but I think I'm gonna stick with what is on the official Halo website for the time being.

That makes sense, I'm just hoping for 90 minutes.

bazongaman502
05-02-2012, 06:03 PM
lets just hope its good

Vincesportsman2
05-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Instant respawns and weapons in drop pods. I see a whole new problem coming our way.

Someone is gonna get hit in the head by the drop pods.

bazongaman502
05-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Instant respawns and weapons in drop pods. I see a whole new problem coming our way.

Someone is gonna get hit in the head by the drop pods.

You are given a warning if you are standing right where one is going to land

Salvanous
05-02-2012, 10:31 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/02/the-arsenal-of-halo-4.aspx

Have fun discussing.

MedeDust
05-02-2012, 11:26 PM
railgun aye....

bazongaman502
05-03-2012, 12:35 AM
rail gun sounds cool, however i have a feeling that the rail gun will be used ALL the time

Silko
05-03-2012, 12:37 AM
So.... the rail gun is like a mini Spartan Laser/Gauss turret or......

VerbotenDonkey
05-03-2012, 12:40 AM
My guess is mix between Spartan Laser and Rocket Launcher. Charge and pretty much instant hit like the laser and explosion like the rockets.

Silko
05-03-2012, 12:42 AM
well as long as we don't spawn with it then as a loadout, I'm cool with it. I hope they don't let people spawn with power weps

VerbotenDonkey
05-03-2012, 12:54 AM
well as long as we don't spawn with it then as a loadout, I'm cool with it. I hope they don't let people spawn with power weps

Not a 100% but I think they mentioned it will be like the DMR, AR, and BR, along with the other rifles like Plasma Rifle, Spiker, etc. But not power weapons.

Either that or something said they hoped not on the forums and I just have bad memory xD

Salvanous
05-03-2012, 01:17 AM
Now you see, I was kind of thinking it would be kind of like a charged like a spartan laser, shoot like a rocket, and do just a bit more damage than a concussion rifle blast. They said it is good as well for it kinetic power (movement power) as well and that makes me think it is going to be a beefed up brute shot/ concussion rifle.

bazongaman502
05-03-2012, 03:27 AM
we will find out November 6th

Silko
05-03-2012, 09:46 AM
fuck that, I demand a Beta!!

Ichyban
05-03-2012, 02:11 PM
i demand the elites back in the game! im going to miss the blargs....

All in favour of having the elites back! I

Salvanous
05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/04/20/halo-4-multiplayer-hands-on-impressions.aspx

explains SOOOO MUCH.

Also, they reference that Spartan Ops may be more than one season if it is well liked.... I think I just went through all my pants in just about 5 minutes.....

Reaper
05-03-2012, 04:15 PM

you had me at the 1st sentence, lost me at 2nd, and got me back at 3rd. I

Scarekro
05-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Just saw the link on the Halo Facebook. The MA5D assault rifle? *drool* So happy they introduced a new model. Hopefully it's more powerful than the pellet gun they gave us in Reach called the MA37.

MedeDust
05-03-2012, 05:31 PM

They never said they completely removed them from the game...

In all honesty, they've been very vague on the features, probably for a good reason.

Salvanous
05-03-2012, 06:22 PM
like the video I linked shows, there won't be any elites that we play as, and Firefight is out of the picture. However we may still find firefight-esc missions in Spartan Ops and if the grunt is back, then you can bet we may see the rest of the covenant back in the game. If the grunt is back, then I wouldn't be surprised to see others back as well.

VerbotenDonkey
05-03-2012, 06:26 PM
The GameInformer showed more Elites than it did Spartans lol. But I don't think we can play as them =/ It's like they don't even notice Machinima ...

MedeDust
05-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Cant wait to see where RvB is taking this

Silko
05-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I don't see them useing it too much. I mean they barely used Reach. Maybe the new series will use Reach alot more but who knows

Ex Zen Mute
05-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Fucking railguns. Fuck yea.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/02/the-arsenal-of-halo-4.aspx

Choca Cola
05-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Railgun= Gauss Hog turret, in your hands...

SuRroundeD By 1
05-03-2012, 10:31 PM

That's what I'm hoping for . . . don't know if that's what it's going to be.

Reaper
05-03-2012, 10:46 PM
They never said they completely removed them from the game...

In all honesty, they've been very vague on the features, probably for a good reason.

their not giving you the option of BEING an elite. and thats bungie's fault for making them crap in reach

Salvanous
05-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Fucking railguns. Fuck yea.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/02/the-arsenal-of-halo-4.aspx

Why does no one click on my links.... I posted this earlier....

Ichyban
05-04-2012, 01:36 AM
i gotta say this for the railgun......were are you onestly going to find ammo for that thing? its probably like a gauss hog in you hand yes like everyone says. or i could end up being like a mini MAC CONNON in your hands....all i know it theres going to be a big boom

MedeDust
05-04-2012, 09:18 AM
i gotta say this for the railgun......were are you onestly going to find ammo for that thing? its probably like a gauss hog in you hand yes like everyone says. or i could end up being like a mini MAC CONNON in your hands....all i know it theres going to be a big boomWell there was no ammo for the spartan laser x)

Nocte
05-04-2012, 09:55 AM

They're two different designs Railguns use rails. Gauss uses a tube or coil. Both use magnets though :p

i gotta say this for the railgun......were are you onestly going to find ammo for that thing? its probably like a gauss hog in you hand yes like everyone says. or i could end up being like a mini MAC CONNON in your hands....all i know it theres going to be a big boom

Actually "ammo" wouldn't be to hard to find. As a railgun in that day and age would be perfected so you could use damn near anything to fire for it, as long as it fits in the chamber and has a charge against the ones in the rails.

There won't be a big boom either, as railguns launch projectiles not explosives.

Ichyban
05-04-2012, 10:17 AM
They're two different designs Railguns use rails. Gauss uses a tube or coil. Both use magnets though :p

Actually "ammo" wouldn't be to hard to find. As a railgun in that day and age would be perfected so you could use damn near anything to fire for it, as long as it fits in the chamber and has a charge against the ones in the rails.

There won't be a big boom either, as railguns launch projectiles not explosives.

i know its a projectile but im refering to when its hits somthing flamable and organic. like theres going to be a mess to clean up

SuRroundeD By 1
05-04-2012, 11:29 PM
The memories . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9RaF6VGrkg

Awesome soundtrack . . .

Sorry . . . let's all get back on topic now :)

SuRroundeD By 1
05-05-2012, 10:09 PM
The entire game has visuals that rival — perhaps even exceed — the vast abilities of EA's Frostbite 2 engine.

This was said by one of the MLG players invited to see Halo 4 at the NYC event. Can you imagine how halo will look if this is true? Battlefield and Crysis were some of the best looking games I've ever played but if Halo looks as good or better than BF3 . . . dear lord . . .

Here's the link: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/system-update-halo-4-preview-glimpse-return-master-chief-article-1.1068510?pgno=1

Also . . . don't know if anyone's seen this yet but here is some more heads on commentary from the Halo 4 NYC event:

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/halo4_nyc_event.html

Grenades are weaker? YAY!

Carpe Vexillum
05-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Nothing will top Crysis, in my mind anyway; Crytech is just my love. Though it would be cool if Halo got close.
I am of course referring to Crysis for the PC.

SuRroundeD By 1
05-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Nothing will top Crysis, in my mind anyway; Crytech is just my love. Though it would be cool if Halo got close.
I am of course referring to Crysis for the PC.

Haha, no xbox game can compare to the graphical ability of a PC game (if the game is actually trying to exceed in that department). I was talking about the xbox versions of both games (which look good for the xbox).

Crytek is still an amazing developer though. I remember seeing an image on google that had the designers take pictures of real life landscapes and they had them re-designed and put in the crysis engine. They were amazing to how close they were (but you could still tell).

King_Nielsen
05-08-2012, 04:08 AM
The entire game has visuals that rival — perhaps even exceed — the vast abilities of EA's Frostbite 2 engine.

This was said by one of the MLG players invited to see Halo 4 at the NYC event. Can you imagine how halo will look if this is true? Battlefield and Crysis were some of the best looking games I've ever played but if Halo looks as good or better than BF3 . . . dear lord . . .

Here's the link: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/system-update-halo-4-preview-glimpse-return-master-chief-article-1.1068510?pgno=1

Also . . . don't know if anyone's seen this yet but here is some more heads on commentary from the Halo 4 NYC event:

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/halo4_nyc_event.html

Grenades are weaker? YAY!

I believe this only in the context of the console version of frostbite 2 without the texture pack. I just can't see a modified version of the Reach engine looking that much better. From the screens and little gameplay, it does look stunning for how old the hardware is.

SuRroundeD By 1
05-08-2012, 02:49 PM
I believe this only in the context of the console version of frostbite 2 without the texture pack. I just can't see a modified version of the Reach engine looking that much better. From the screens and little gameplay, it does look stunning for how old the hardware is.

That's what I thought at first but 343i has said that the old engine took MASSIVE upgrades . . . idk I'm excited for E3 though.

Ichyban
05-13-2012, 03:29 AM
yes it is true the armour lock is officialy in paper gone for good.....good by anti gost defence!!!!!! instead we get forerunner vision? we an see through walls with very limited vision and everyon ein your area will know when your using it.....i would have stuck with the armour lock

Maxdoggy
05-13-2012, 09:29 AM
How the heck did this topic get moved to open convo out of the Halo 4 Subforum??

Whatever.

*moves topic back*

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
05-13-2012, 01:02 PM
I am happy that Armor Lock is gone, and Forerunner vision seems to be fine to me. 343i has assured us that it is not OP like many people think it is.

Ichyban
05-13-2012, 01:51 PM
i thought i put that comment in hear @_@ i didnt even know it put it as a open convo thread

Maxdoggy
05-13-2012, 04:20 PM
If you guys want potential enemy spoilers, click the link below (which I posted on the @GamerDirt (http://www.twitter.com/GamerDirt) Twitter Feed on the Home Page.

RT @X360A: New Halo 4 Enemies Revealed by McFarlane Toys Packaging? dlvr.it/1YYlnj

Salvanous
05-13-2012, 06:53 PM
I am happy that Armor Lock is gone, and Forerunner vision seems to be fine to me. 343i has assured us that it is not OP like many people think it is.

Yeah, my guess is that it's very like similar with how the gauss cannon works in Reach, it will shoot through some walls, but definitely not all. Besides that, they said that in some situations, Forerunner Vision may actually be more confusing than it is helpful.

Ichyban
05-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Yeah, my guess is that it's very like similar with how the gauss cannon works in Reach, it will shoot through some walls, but definitely not all. Besides that, they said that in some situations, Forerunner Vision may actually be more confusing than it is helpful.
Well they cant make it 100% perfect. that would just be rediculos. like if the vision was like i can see you 200m away and they turned it into like call of duty shooting through walls i can safely say that eveyone of us is screwed.

SuRroundeD By 1
05-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Halo 4 final box art? Maybe?

Ichyban
05-14-2012, 06:23 PM
that looks sick :tank:

SuRroundeD By 1
05-14-2012, 09:42 PM
that looks sick :tank:

It's my new desktop wallpaper haha . . .

RaZ Vader
05-14-2012, 09:57 PM
PUBLIC BETA NOW! or...

(beta will never happen..) :(

SuRroundeD By 1
05-14-2012, 10:07 PM
PUBLIC BETA NOW! or...

(beta will never happen..) :(

Sadly no . . . there will not be a beta (unless a miracle or something . . .).

However, 343i has had some considerably well balanced players test out Halo 4, so I'm hoping that they are doing a good job as their own little beta testers and we get a nice, balanced game in the end.

BUT I FOUND AN AWESOME PIC OFF OF THE HALO WAYPOINT FORUMS!!! SCORE!!!

Fuzzy
05-14-2012, 10:09 PM
It's my new desktop wallpaper haha . . .

Great idea, swaps this in as desktop wallpaper...

bazongaman502
05-16-2012, 01:53 PM
only 2 Editions are being released... the normal version or the Limited Edition version for $99 (US)...

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/05/16/The-Halo-Bulletin-51612.aspx

Silko
05-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Yep SO getting the limited edition

bazongaman502
05-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Yep SO getting the limited edition

agreed

Mythonian
05-16-2012, 04:42 PM
^^

SuRroundeD By 1
05-16-2012, 07:27 PM
*See's Myth's post below . . . edits message*

Sounds pretty cool though.

Oh, btw, new Halo 4 interview with Frankie. Has a little bit of multiplayer game play and some campaign information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldzZCZYa4d8&feature=g-all-lik

If you're concerned with the sound of the BR in Halo 4 read the following: The BR is mostly muffled throughout the entire video while Frank talks, but how do I know this?

After watching the entire video, keep in mind the first sound of the BR you hear, that's muffled. Go to the 2:00 mark in the video and at about 2:02-2:05 you hear the BR unmuffled. Personally I hope it's a placeholder . . . I was hoping that the guns in Halo 4 would sound threatening and heavy . . . the BR doesn't really. BUT it still sounds better at the two minute mark than the rest of the video. Also notice in the beginning of the video that you can hear your own footsteps . . . you sound like a heavy mother trucker but you move with grace and jump higher than 8 ft. I love that part.

Also (this is geared towards the more competitive players in this community . . . Guzzie, Aftershock, Ash . . . I'm looking at you guys here) it looks like the strafe in Halo 4 will match up more with Halo 3's strafe. I'm sure that will make you guys happy.

Mythonian
05-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Arg! I have never wanted the special edition of any game before but this one includes extra maps! I don't want to be left behind on launch day . . . curse you 343i!

Sounds pretty cool though.

Uh, it doesn't come with extra maps. It means that when map packs come out, you get them for free.

Silko
05-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Looking forward to Halo 4's matchmaking. It goes back to the Halo 2/3 style of combat. My understanding is the BR is going to be your more basic gun and it will be replaced with a different precision weapon (that is what I took from the whole BR vs DMR debate. Please correct me if I am wrong) so the sound of the gun I am not too worried about. I would have liked to see some type of hint towards the new enemy in the Halo Franchise but I guess I'll have to wait for ether E3, if they show it, or hell even November. I am also looking forward to the fact that they did continue the Spartan Project in the actual Halo Story line and not just in match making. I enjoyed fighting along side of Noble Team so seeing Master Chief back with a squad like in the "Fall of Reach" novel is going to be VERY exciting. I fell really bad for who ever the new bad guy is. Having 1 pissing off Spartan II is bad enough but a Spartan II with a team of Spartan IVs? Ah shiiiit

Maxdoggy
05-16-2012, 08:36 PM
*Ahem*

Looking forward to Halo 4's matchmaking. It goes back to the Halo 2/3 style of combat. My understanding is the BR is going to be your more basic gun and it will be replaced with a different precision weapon (that is what I took from the whole BR vs DMR debate. Please correct me if I am wrong) so the sound of the gun I am not too worried about. I would have liked to see some type of hint towards the new enemy in the Halo Franchise but I guess I'll have to wait for ether E3, if they show it, or hell even November. I am also looking forward to the fact that they did continue the Spartan Project in the actual Halo Story line and not just in match making. I enjoyed fighting along side of Noble Team so seeing Master Chief back with a squad like in the "Fall of Reach" novel is going to be VERY exciting. I fell really bad for who ever the new bad guy is. Having 1 pissing off Spartan II is bad enough but a Spartan II with a team of Spartan IVs? Ah shiiiit

If you guys want potential enemy spoilers, click the link below (which I posted on the @GamerDirt (http://www.twitter.com/GamerDirt) Twitter Feed on the Home Page.

RT @X360A: New Halo 4 Enemies Revealed by McFarlane Toys Packaging? dlvr.it/1YYlnj

SuRroundeD By 1
05-16-2012, 08:53 PM

Yeah, not going to lie. Really looking forward to see how the Spartans react with eachother.

Also, lol Max.

Silko
05-16-2012, 09:10 PM
LOL damn Max. I didn't see your post lol.

OPOC1L1PSE
05-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Jeez I cannot wait for Halo 4

Salvanous
05-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Another interesting thing that the limited addition is doing is saying providing a custom skin for the assault rifle. Anyone else think we might see some varied skins for a lot of the more basic weapons?

SuRroundeD By 1
05-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Another interesting thing that the limited addition is doing is saying providing a custom skin for the assault rifle. Anyone else think we might see some varied skins for a lot of the more basic weapons?

Players on waypoint are already speculating about this; however, nothing is official.

VerbotenDonkey
05-18-2012, 10:12 PM
I hope Pelicans. =/ Which 100% won't happen.

At the very least, Troop Transport hogs.

SuRroundeD By 1
05-19-2012, 08:26 AM
I hope Pelicans. =/ Which 100% won't happen.

At the very least, Troop Transport hogs.

As long as the Elephants back I'm going to be ok vehicle wise.

SuRroundeD By 1
05-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Hey guys, there is Halo 4 leaked beta footage out on youtube. It's fuzzy and recorded crappy but you can still make out a few things (like the awesome sword assassination he does). I'm hesitant to put it up on the website but if you want to find it it isn't too hard to look up. Type in: Halo 4 leaked footage on youtube, and then filter the videos posted to about today.

Enjoy, and I will post the link on the website if I get the ok from a higher up, but not until then.

Harry
05-27-2012, 10:03 AM
^ Wow, I just watched it. Not the best quality, but it is Halo 4 : P

SuRroundeD By 1
05-27-2012, 10:35 AM
^ Wow, I just watched it. Not the best quality, but it is Halo 4 : P

What did you think about it? I couldn't see much, but the gameplay looked very quick (which I liked) and some of those assassinations were beast.

Two things I didn't like: Sword + Sprint still looks a little overpowered, and I think I might have seen hints of a killcam when he died at one point, I couldn't tell.

AftershocK
05-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Suhhhhhweeeettttt

Maxdoggy
05-27-2012, 01:32 PM
http://kotaku.com/5913616/is-this-a-leak-of-halo-4-gameplay-a-parody-or-both?utm_campaign=socialf low_kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

bazongaman502
05-27-2012, 02:23 PM
http://kotaku.com/5913616/is-this-a-leak-of-halo-4-gameplay-a-parody-or-both?utm_campaign=socialf low_kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

meh, i could handle the video quality... but i wont make any "final" decision untill i get 1080p gameplay footage FROM 343... till then, to me, this video is just "another video" that holds interest.

Salvanous
05-27-2012, 11:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SijdCLuzAdc&feature=BFa&list=EL_7EKfZ_iJlQ

Okay, I know everyone watches this guy, but it sounds like while Elites are gone, there will be like a "forerunner" character to play as in multiplayer instead. Interesting?

also, in this video he goes over SOME pre order releases:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i39-Fb6c8Io&feature=BFa&list=EL_7EKfZ_iJlQ

SuRroundeD By 1
05-28-2012, 12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SijdCLuzAdc&feature=BFa&list=EL_7EKfZ_iJlQ

Okay, I know everyone watches this guy, but it sounds like while Elites are gone, there will be like a "forerunner" character to play as in multiplayer instead. Interesting?

also, in this video he goes over SOME pre order releases:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i39-Fb6c8Io&feature=BFa&list=EL_7EKfZ_iJlQ

I subscribed to him a while ago but now I pretty much refuse to watch his videos. It isn't like I have anything against him but he really, really, likes to speculate and often times he is very wrong. Other times he comments on confirmed information and he still get's that wrong too.

About the elites being replaced in multiplayer, it has been said that ONLY SPARTANS will be playable in the multiplayer. The multiplayer takes place on the UNSC Infinity's holo deck and since it all takes place aboard a UNSC ship, the only characters in the multiplayer will be Spartans. 343i has stated this many, many times and until we have official confirmation on other beings present in the multiplayer I am going to stick to my guns on there only being Spartan IV's. Halo4Follower speculates a lot, don't take anything he says "too seriously".

SuRroundeD By 1
05-28-2012, 02:03 PM
More leaked pictures on Waypoint, here is the scoop:

- Ghost is back, obviously
- One of the Armor abilities is called: Auto-turret
- Another armor ability is a regenerative shield.
- Hard Light Shield AA (Armor Lock/Bubble field?)
- The Jetpack has been renamed to "Thruster Pack" don't know how that effects it.

Link ---> http://i.imgur.com/yCTCm.jpg

That's our list of AA's.

Mythonian
05-28-2012, 02:35 PM
More leaked pictures on Waypoint, here is the scoop:

- Ghost is back, obviously
- One of the Armor abilities is called: Auto-turret
- Another armor ability is a regenerative shield.
- Hard Light Shield AA (Armor Lock/Bubble shield?)
- The Jetpack has been renamed to "Thruster Pack" don't know how that effects it.

Link ---> http://i.imgur.com/yCTCm.jpg

That's our list of AA's.

The picture says "Regenerative Field". It's probably like the Regenerator from H3.

Gargoyle
05-28-2012, 03:01 PM
About the elites being replaced in multiplayer, it has been said that ONLY SPARTANS will be playable in the multiplayer. The multiplayer takes place on the UNSC Infinity's holo deck and since it all takes place aboard a UNSC ship, the only characters in the multiplayer will be Spartans. 343i has stated this many, many times and until we have official confirmation on other beings present in the multiplayer I am going to stick to my guns on there only being Spartan IV's.
Actually, 343 said that they would be "Focusing on Spartan IV's for the competitive multiplayer." Multiplayer isn't just competitive, so maybe something like Reach with Invasion will still be available.
Damn video game companies and their careful use of their words!

Salvanous
05-28-2012, 03:02 PM
besides the speculated forerunner invasion thing, what does everyone think of the preorder bonuses?

SuRroundeD By 1
05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
The picture says "Regenerative Field". It's probably like the Regenerator from H3.

My bad, I'll fix that. I'm kind of hoping it isn't like the Regenerator from Halo 3 though . . . Almost impossible to finish someone in a regenerator off unless you melee them, throw a nade at their feet or shoot them with some kind of power weapon. If someone throws that down in a BR vs BR situation it's going to totally ruin the outcome.

Salvanous
05-28-2012, 05:38 PM
who says you can't use your enemy's field though?

Mythonian
05-28-2012, 06:16 PM
who says you can't use your enemy's field though?

I believe he was focusing on long range situations.

But yet, in CQB it would help both players.

SuRroundeD By 1
05-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I believe he was focusing on long range situations.

But yet, in CQB it would help both players.

Your right, but now Imma look at it in CQB. If a player drops it and you jump in to, it turns into one of those awkward melee, jump in and out battles. It'll mess with the flow of the game. Now with the original regenerator it wasn't that bad because they were one time use and you had to pick them up. But if you have unlimited of them and you can use them whenever you want . . .

I'm not saying I'm going to hate the idea, I mean, I don't even know how it'll function, but it is worrying me.

RaZ Vader
05-28-2012, 08:42 PM
i dont know if anyone saw this yet.. But the quality is bad. But it looks like Halo 4.. You will see the railgun in use. and more. can't tell if this is 100% real.. but here it is. (skip to around 1:40)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embe dded&amp;v=BPhhb1gidPg#!

SuRroundeD By 1
05-28-2012, 09:45 PM
i dont know if anyone saw this yet.. But the quality is bad. But it looks like Halo 4.. You will see the railgun in use. and more. can't tell if this is 100% real.. but here it is. (skip to around 1:40)

That's the video I was talking about haha. I guess I don't need a higher ups permission anymore . . .

Maxdoggy
08-17-2012, 03:38 PM
RT @X360A: Halo 4 Prelude Trailer Goes Behind the Scenes at 343 Industries dlvr.it/21JNrk.

Also, unseen footage of awesomeness!

bazongaman502
08-17-2012, 03:41 PM
RT @X360A: Halo 4 Prelude Trailer Goes Behind the Scenes at 343 Industries dlvr.it/21JNrk.

Also, unseen footage of awesomeness!

in the video, people are saying they see the Prowler from Halo 3 in it at 1:47... but i dont see it, so maybe its in Halo 4

Maxdoggy
08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
in the video, people are saying they see the Prowler from Halo 3 in it at 1:47... but i dont see it, so maybe its in Halo 4

I definitely didn't see a prowler. I saw a bunch of Warthogs and a Ghost on Longbow, and before that I saw a Warthog and a Mammoth.

Maxdoggy
08-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Dude bro's, Halo 4 Achievements! And Soundtrack news!

The Halo Bulletin: 8.22.12 (http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/08/22/The-Halo-Bulletin-82212.aspx)

VerbotenDonkey
08-22-2012, 10:39 PM
It's kind of sad to me that there are only 8 missions in the Campaign. =/

And kind of sad that those achievements are aimed at mostly Covenant things instead of Forerunner, making it seem like the Campaign will mostly revolve around Covenant things.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-22-2012, 10:46 PM
It's kind of sad to me that there are only 8 missions in the Campaign. =/

And kind of sad that those achievements are aimed at mostly Covenant things instead of Forerunner, making it seem like the Campaign will mostly revolve around Covenant things.

It'll definitely be a mix, have you seen how difficult those Promethans' look to fight? I'm sure that the Covenant are there to give you a break before fighting seemingly invincible opponents.

Think about it, Crawlers are main distraction, Knights can deploy Watchers who can deploy Crawlers. Watchers can shield, heal, and protect knights from projectiles . . . I would not want to fight them all the time.

VerbotenDonkey
08-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Honestly, they didn't look as tough as I'd hope for such an advanced culture >_>

SuRroundeD By 1
08-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Honestly, they didn't look as tough as I'd hope for such an advanced culture >_>

They'll be tough.

AftershocK
08-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Dont forget about Spartan Ops...im sure that will tie into the Campaign somehow...

SuRroundeD By 1
08-23-2012, 02:22 AM
Dont forget about Spartan Ops...im sure that will tie into the Campaign somehow...

Spartan Ops occurs six months after the events of Campaign. That's all I know

Gargoyle
08-23-2012, 11:01 AM
I think there's 50 in game spartan ops, each with 15 min gameplay. Hopefully that'll make up for the short 8 mission campaign.

Nicholas Sapien
08-23-2012, 11:05 AM
I think there's 50 in game spartan ops, each with 15 min gameplay. Hopefully that'll make up for the short 8 mission campaign.

Mhmm

SuRroundeD By 1
08-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Plus . . . guys, just because the game is only 8 missions long, it isn't any shorter than the other games . . . think about it.

I could make a game with ten missions all about 15 minutes long.

Or I could make a game with four missions each being an hour long.

The game on the bottom will take longer to complete, even though it has less missions. So while Halo 4 only has eight missions, the game could still easily last as long as the other games.

bazongaman502
08-23-2012, 10:50 PM
ACHIEVMENT LIST!!!!

Dawn - Complete Mission 1 on any difficulty. 10 points
Requiem - Complete Mission 2 on any difficulty. 10 points
Forerunner - Complete Mission 3 on any difficulty. 10 points
Infinity - Complete Mission 4 on any difficulty. 10 points
Reclaimer - Complete Mission 5 on any difficulty. 10 points
Shutdown - Complete Mission 6 on any difficulty. 10 points
Composer - Complete Mission 7 on any difficulty. 10 points
Midnight - Complete Mission 8 on any difficulty. 10 points
Wake up John - Complete the Campaign on Normal or harder. 20 points
I Need a Hero - Complete the Campaign on Heroic or harder. 40 points
The Legend of 117 - Complete the Campaign on Legendary difficulty. 70 points
Lone Wolf Legend - Complete the Campaign solo on Legendary difficulty. 90 points
Skullduggery - Complete any Campaign mission with 3 or more Skulls on Heroic or harder. 15 points
Bropocalypse - Complete any Campaign mission co-operatively on Heroic or harder. 10 points
Bromageddon - Complete the Campaign co-operatively on Heroic or harder. 40 points
Contact the Domain - Find a Terminal in the Campaign. 10 points
Terminus - Find all of the Terminals in the Campaign. 50 points
Digging up the Past - In Mission 1, find and access Chief's record. 20 points
Midnight Launch - In Mission 2, get significant air in the Warthog at midnight. 20 points
This is my Rifle, this is my Gun - In Mission 3, carry a UNSC weapon all the way through on Heroic or harder. 20 points
Bros to the Close - Make it through Mission 4 without one preventable Marine death on Heroic or harder. 20 points
Mortardom - In Mission 5, hijack a Wraith and use it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths on Heroic or harder. 20 points
Explore the Floor - In Mission 6, trick or force a Hunter to fall to his demise. 20 points
Give Him the Stick - In Mission 7 in solo Campaign, take out both Hunters using only the Sticky Detonator. 20 points
Chief, Smash! - In Mission 8, kill 3 Crawlers in one hit with the Gravity Hammer. 20 points
Not Some Recruit Anymore - Rank up your Spartan-IV to SR-5. 15 points
Movin' on Up - Rank up your Spartan-IV to SR-20. 30 points
I <3 Red vs Blue - Win 5 War Games matchmaking matches. 10 points
The Dongblainer - Win 20 War Games matchmaking matches. 30 points
Operation Completion - Complete a Spartan Ops Mission on any difficulty. 15 points
A Legendary Episode - Complete all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 1 on Legendary difficulty. 40 points
Dedicated to Crimson - Complete all chapters in the first 5 episodes of Spartan Ops on any difficulty. 80 points
Crimson Alone - Complete a Spartan Ops chapter solo on Legendary. 20 points
Roses vs Violets - Find one of the RvB Easter Eggs in Spartan Ops. 20 points
Rescue Ranger - Save at least one Marine in Chapter 3 of Episode 2 of Spartan Ops on Heroic or harder. 20 points
Knight in White Assassination - Assassinate a Knight in any Spartan Ops mission. 20 points
What Power Outage? - Complete Chapter 4, Episode 5 of Spartan Ops without losing a generator on Heroic or harder. 20 points
No Easy Way Out - In Ch 1, Ep 5 of Spartan Ops survive all enemy waves during the defense on Normal or harder. 20 points
The Challenged - Complete a Challenge. 10 points
The Challenger - Complete 25 Challenges. 20 points
Armorer - Change your Spartan's armor in the Spartan Armor card. 5 points
Badge - Change your Emblem in the Spartan ID card. 5 points
PWND - Change your Service Tag in the Spartan ID card. 5 points
What a Poser! - Change your Spartan's pose in the Spartan ID card. 5 points
The Cartographer - Create and save a Custom Map in Forge. 5 points
Game Changer - Create and save a Custom Game type in War Games. 5 points
Snapshot! - Save a Screenshot from the Theater. 5 points
The Director - Save a Film Clip from the Theater. 5 points
Sharing is Caring - Upload a File to your File Share. 5 points

Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-4-complete-achievement-list-and-original-soundtrack-revealed

Mr Funktastiiic
08-24-2012, 03:39 PM
I cant wait, Im playing Halo 4 on the 27th-30th september :D

silversleek
08-24-2012, 04:21 PM
well, those chieves look easy enough.

Nicholas Sapien
08-24-2012, 04:28 PM
well, those chieves look easy enough.

Halo 4 is going to be awesome

silversleek
08-24-2012, 06:04 PM
wrong thread

Nicholas Sapien
08-24-2012, 06:38 PM
wrong thread

what do you mean?

silversleek
08-24-2012, 07:13 PM
what do you mean?

lulz

AftershocK
08-24-2012, 11:04 PM
lol trippin ^^^

bazongaman502
08-24-2012, 11:25 PM
lol trippin ^^^

I am beyond lost

Maxdoggy
08-31-2012, 11:30 PM
New Screenshots of the Map "Exile":

http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/post/2012/08/31/Exile-New-Halo-4-Map-New-Halo-4-Screenshots!.aspx

Maxdoggy
09-02-2012, 03:49 PM
A Hero Awakens ViDoc:

http://www.gamespot.com/halo-4/videos/halo-4-a-hero-awakens-6394457/?tag=Topslot%3BHalo4AHero Awakens%3BHalo4VidocAHero Awa

Awesome.

Guzzie
09-02-2012, 05:40 PM
A Hero Awakens ViDoc:

http://www.gamespot.com/halo-4/videos/halo-4-a-hero-awakens-6394457/?tag=Topslot%3BHalo4AHero Awakens%3BHalo4VidocAHero Awa

Awesome.
I wanna play this game RIGHT NOW!!!

Gargoyle
09-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I bet $20 right now, I'll cry somewhere in this game.

Bitches love sensitiveness.

bazongaman502
09-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Bitches love sensitiveness.

callin me a bitch???!!! Ծ_Ծ

bazongaman502
09-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Full, Hour long PAX Conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRvV8FN034I&feature=player_embedded

Maxdoggy
09-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Click the link below if you want to read SPOILERS about Halo 4 as shown in the recent ViDoc.

http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-12740-Halo-4-Trailer-Outs-Script-Details--Including-the-Ending?.html=&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

bazongaman502
09-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Click the link below if you want to read SPOILERS about Halo 4 as shown in the recent ViDoc.

http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-12740-Halo-4-Trailer-Outs-Script-Details--Including-the-Ending?.html=&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

MUST... RESIST

Guzzie
09-03-2012, 05:21 PM
MUST... RESIST
Don't do it bro, be strong.

bazongaman502
09-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Don't do it bro, be strong.

Its power is to strong!

Guzzie
09-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Its power is to strong!
Didn't you say you may or may not cry while playing the game? well, if you spoil it now, you won't have that moment.... food for thought. (I am definitely staying away from that link)

bazongaman502
09-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Didn't you say you may or may not cry while playing the game? well, if you spoil it now, you won't have that moment.... food for thought. (I am definitely staying away from that link)

ಠ_ಠ fair point

Coda
09-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I read it. They're not huge spoilers. It just makes me more intrigued to play the game. I enjoy reading spoilers sometimes. And pretty much all of them were already revealed in previous videos. So, if you've seen those, then there's not much to be revealed.

Gargoyle
09-03-2012, 07:32 PM
I curse those who look for spoilers. Spoilers are called spoilers cuz they (you guessed it) SPOIL!