PDA

View Full Version : "View new posts"

MedeDust
04-11-2012, 03:17 PM
This is something that bugs me allot. This option I believe is the best search option we have because it reveals topics and posts that are not on the front page forum, but, it has a flaw. It tends to assume there is topics that are not new to you and at times I have missed topics or posts because of this and I think it happens to allot of people too.

One option I love though is "view all posts in the last 24 hours" or something like that. Is there any way that we can get this option as an immediate option? It would make searching so much easier. And if it is there, can somebody tell me where?

I've only seen this option display when nobody has posted anything new for a couple hours.

d3ad1te
04-11-2012, 03:18 PM
agreed

VerbotenDonkey
04-11-2012, 03:34 PM
First you have to Mark All Forums as Read, then you can do that. Or you can manually search for all things in the last 24 hours, but its more buggy and shows things like Profile Comments to other people and puts in subforum headings, it's weird.

I think we should promote the "New Posts" button, cause I know people who didn't know it existed before >_>

Mythonian
04-11-2012, 05:34 PM
I'll add a link to it.

EDIT: By the way, when viewing the Forum, clicking Quick Links in the navbar gives the option for Today's Posts, which is what you're looking for.

I'm going to add a link to the Search navbar as well, though.

Mythonian
04-11-2012, 05:56 PM
And link has been added. When doing a search, it is on the left, just under the main Forums link.