PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Vs. Sith

Raider0614
04-17-2012, 10:46 PM
This has been a popular nerd debate: Which side is better? The malicious Sith or the all-knowing Jedi?
Personally, balls of mine, the sith can suck.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Jedi FTW

VerbotenDonkey
04-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Siiiiith.

H2O Yordle
04-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Clones

ChillSquishster
04-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Sith. They get the more fun things to do such as destroy buildings, ships, planets, etc. They also get to use better moves such as the lightning and force-choke. Jedi aren't allowed to use those kinds of moves. Plus some siths have better lightsabers. Such as Darth Mauls dual ended lightsaber.

Silko
04-17-2012, 11:54 PM
"The Jedi gain power from understanding, the Sith gain understanding through power" - Darth Sidious

"The weak will always be victims. That is the way of the universe. The strong take what they want, and the weak suffer at their hands. That is their fate; it is inevitable. Only the strong survive, because only the strong deserve to." Darth Bane

MedeDust
04-18-2012, 12:18 AM
"The Jedi gain power from understanding, the Sith gain understanding through power" - Darth Sidious

"The weak will always be victims. That is the way of the universe. The strong take what they want, and the weak suffer at their hands. That is their fate; it is inevitable. Only the strong survive, because only the strong deserve to." Darth Bane

Don't lecture me Obi Wan, I see through the lies of the Jedi! I do not fear the Dark Side as you do!

Silko
04-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Don't lecture me Obi Wan, I see through the lies of the Jedi! I do not fear the Dark Side as you do!

OMG. I just got a idea for a new thread! Thanks Mede!

Nocte
04-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Sith. They are just more badass.

Gargoyle
04-20-2012, 08:09 PM
The Jedi could never defeat a true Sith army. Look at many times in the history where the Sith were only beaten by other Sith.

Take Knights of the Old Republic for instance, great example there.

RetRdidMunkie
04-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Sith.

Puba
04-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Sith. They are just more badass.^^^

Bodaciousbaconn
04-20-2012, 09:28 PM
The Jedi could never defeat a true Sith army. Look at many times in the history where the Sith were only beaten by other Sith.

Take Knights of the Old Republic for instance, great example there.

Are you referencing Revan? If so, you must remember he and Malak were Jedi, then Sith.

Gargoyle
04-21-2012, 11:23 AM
What I'm referencing about that is who stopped Malak?

He survived the Mandaliorian wars and probably killed his fair share of jedi, even capturing Bastilia.

Yet, Revan(who is Sith) was the one to take him down.

It seems like the rediculously strong Sith in the years have been taken down by other Sith.

borag manhunter
04-21-2012, 12:36 PM
granted sith are WAY cooler however i cant help but notice they always loose to a single hippy with a glow stick.....
and usually bad hair

Bodaciousbaconn
04-21-2012, 12:57 PM
What I'm referencing about that is who stopped Malak?

He survived the Mandaliorian wars and probably killed his fair share of jedi, even capturing Bastilia.

Yet, Revan(who is Sith) was the one to take him down.

It seems like the rediculously strong Sith in the years have been taken down by other Sith.

Yes, but Revan was a Jedi before he was ever Sith. Having the Emperor take over he and Malak's mind, making them Sith after they returned from the MandoWars. I guess what I'm trying to say is, they both had some experience with both sides of the Force. And that Canonically, which would be the light side playthrough of. KOTOR, a Jedi-turned-Sith-mindsweptobecomea-Jedi- defeated a Jedi-turned-Sith. If that even makes sense.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Jedi always find a way.

borag manhunter
04-21-2012, 02:40 PM
jedi have mace windu..they win..period

Kuhblam
04-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Jedi.

In all manner of speaking, the Sith simply can't build a lasting foundation. They shoot themselves in the ass by killing each other off, and when they do come up with a brilliant plan for an anti-son of the bitch machine for the Jedi they never finish the job.

~Kuhblam

Gargoyle
04-21-2012, 03:10 PM
jedi have mace windu..they win..period

I distinctively remember him getting fucked up.

Silko
04-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Jedi.

In all manner of speaking, the Sith simply can't build a lasting foundation. They shoot themselves in the ass by killing each other off, and when they do come up with a brilliant plan for an anti-son of the bitch machine for the Jedi they never finish the job.

~Kuhblam

This is why Darth Bane created the Rule of Two. Bane realized that the Sith can not function as a system like the Jedi. The many will defeat the Strong and create a vacuum that the weak will kill each other to fill. Remember Palp was a follower of the Rule of Two. After a 1000 years of training and planning the Sith did defeat the Jedi. Two Sith where able to defeat the entire Jedi Order.

Silko
04-21-2012, 04:04 PM
I distinctively remember him getting fucked up.

You also have to realize how powerful Palp was. He was able to hide the fact we has the most powerful known Sith Lord and flat out lie to the faces of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy (Yoda, Windu and etc). At the same time he was blocking the Jedi from being able to foresee into the future, something that the Jedi rely deeply on. After the fall of the Jedi and the rise of the Empire, Palp was useing a form of Sith Battle Meditation which allowed the Imperial Forces to be focused and more capable in battle. At the same time he was still hiding the fact he was a Sith Lord to the galaxy, sensing for more Jedi for Vader to kill and controlling the minds of the Senate.

As for the whole Windu kicked his ass part, many argue that he let him self be defeated to help turn Anakin turn to the Dark Side. Palp easy took out 4 of the 5 Jedi Masters, all of them Jedi Council members the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, that went to "arrest" him and some even agrue take he was blocking Windu's ability of Shatterpoint. Which was what help make him one of the most powerful Jedi

Reaper
04-21-2012, 05:47 PM
lets look at it like this: Darth Maul had killed lots of jedi, from padawans to masters, and was never granted the title of sith lord. he was just a sith tool for the the apprentice Darth Sidious (was apprentice til maul died).

(for anyone of you idiots who say obi killed maul, check again cause maul lived, had rematch, and in the end obi had to retreat because he was to weak)

SITH FOR THE WIN!!!!

Silko
04-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Maul was the poorest excuse for a Sith. Honestly he did not impress me what so ever.

Reaper
04-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Maul was the poorest excuse for a Sith. Honestly he did not impress me what so ever.

1) he was never granted the title Sith (palpatine and his master said he was only a weapon)
2) Maul is badass and proof is his kill score and who they were
3) He was a warrior with honor (granting slow deaths for the unhonorable and quick deaths for those who were)

Kuhblam
04-21-2012, 07:34 PM
This is why Darth Bane created the Rule of Two. Bane realized that the Sith can not function as a system like the Jedi. The many will defeat the Strong and create a vacuum that the weak will kill each other to fill. Remember Palp was a follower of the Rule of Two. After a 1000 years of training and planning the Sith did defeat the Jedi. Two Sith where able to defeat the entire Jedi Order.

1000 years? They have major constipation problems.

That's the thing though, because of the Rule of Two they can never have large numbers. There's no Sith Order, there's just two black-robed magicians playing Clue. And they didn't defeat the entire Order, a Clone army defeated 3/4s of the Order. The Sith are inherently weaker because they're hindered by super-macho arrogance.

Blah nerdgasm.

~Kuhblam

Reaper
04-21-2012, 07:54 PM

That's the thing though, because of the Rule of Two they can never have large numbers. There's no Sith Order, there's just two black-robed magicians playing Clue. And they didn't defeat the entire Order, a Clone army defeated 3/4s of the Order. The Sith are inherently weaker because they're hindered by super-macho arrogance.

Blah nerdgasm.

~Kuhblam

you do realize that the Republic unknowing put the sith in power and it was the sith that created the clone army.....

Bodaciousbaconn
04-21-2012, 08:35 PM
lets look at it like this: Darth Maul had killed lots of jedi, from padawans to masters, and was never granted the title of sith lord. he was just a sith tool for the the apprentice Darth Sidious (was apprentice til maul died).

(for anyone of you idiots who say obi killed maul, check again cause maul lived, had rematch, and in the end obi had to retreat because he was to weak)

SITH FOR THE WIN!!!!

Well Reaper, you do know that The Clone Wars cartoon got retconned by George Lucas, right? You know, meaning that none of that really happened right? Therefore, G-Canon=

JEDI FOR THE WIN.

Edit: Also, you all like this debate, so you should sign up for this RP: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?6078-Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-RP&p=69247#post69247 :)

Reaper
04-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Well Reaper, you do know that The Clone Wars cartoon got retconned by George Lucas, right? You know, meaning that none of that really happened right? Therefore, G-Canon=

JEDI FOR THE WIN.

Edit: Also, you all like this debate, so you should sign up for this RP: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?6078-Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-RP&p=69247#post69247 :)

but maul had already survived. that was already stated in the books.

Silko
04-22-2012, 02:07 AM

Blah nerdgasm.

~Kuhblam

Just because there are not thousands of Sith running around doesn't mean there isn't a Sith Order. Yes the Clones did kill a large amount of the Jedi but the Clones where created by the Sith using a False name. As for the macho part, the Jedi are much worse. They are unbelievably arrogant. For example: Qui-gon brings Master Yoda this boy that is going to balance the Force. Yoda is so arrogant in believing that balance of the force means no Sith in the galaxy. If there are many Jedi and few Sith then the many Jedi must die for the Force to be come balanced. Next example: A massive clone army, an army more powerful then any army constructed suddenly appears out of no where under the name of a dead Jedi Master. So what is their course of action? Lets just take the army like nothing happened. Lets not try to find out who really made the army lets just fight (which by the way is COMPLETELY against the Jedi Code). What the rule of two proves that Two Sith are better then 1000 Jedi. This 1 Sith was able to fool the greatest Jedi in the galaxy, install him self in the most powerful position in the Galactic Republic and all of this while not one time giving himself away to the Jedi until he wants to when he tells Anakin he is a Sith Lord. On top of that he told him to he can turn him to the Dark Side. Dooku even told Obi Wan the most powerful Sith is the Supreme Chancellor and what did they do? They laughed saying there is no way, we would have sensed it. Hows that for arrogance?

Silko
04-22-2012, 02:13 AM
1) he was never granted the title Sith (palpatine and his master said he was only a weapon)
2) Maul is badass and proof is his kill score and who they were
3) He was a warrior with honor (granting slow deaths for the unhonorable and quick deaths for those who were)

Maul was a Dark Lord of the Sith. You only become a Darth when you are one of the most powerful Sith in the galaxy. Granted there where only two known Sith at the time, Palp and Maul. Maul in the end was nothing but a tool. Palp was playing the long game. He did not believe that Obi Wan would have killed him but Maul was nothing but a way to test the Jedi's test and to make the Jedi doubt them selves. There was MASSIVE debate on if the Sith had returned. Many did not believe the Sith where coming back and this one rogue sith was just a random event. Yes there where Masters like Yoda and Windu that believed there where more but they didn't take a active role in researching it. As for the honor thing, let me quote the creator of the Rule of Two on the topic of honor "Honor is a fool's prize, honor is no use to the dead". In the end when maul was falling down the vat on Naboo that honor sure did do him a lot of good.

Silko
04-22-2012, 02:14 AM
<-------- Massive Star Wars nerd BTW

Bodaciousbaconn
04-22-2012, 02:25 AM

Who should sign up for the RP

Fixed.

CommanderCal112
05-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Jedi, they are more righteous in mind, spirit and soul. :angel:

CommanderCal112
05-06-2012, 12:53 AM

<--------= Massive Star Wars GEEK BTW...
… Geeks are better:euro::2 guns:

Jai 006
05-19-2012, 12:33 PM
*points to signature*
necroposting ftw.