PDA

View Full Version : Server?!?!

RENGADE 0F FUNK
04-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Does anyone actively play on a server or wanna split cost with me for one?

Vestige
04-18-2012, 12:01 AM
I do, but many. The FC server hasn't been up, since Acid hasn't shown; in forever.

ThatRussianBear
04-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Puddi

RENGADE 0F FUNK
04-18-2012, 12:21 AM
I do, but many. The FC server hasn't been up, since Acid hasn't shown; in forever.

can i join yours?

Vestige
04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Redacted-

Acid
04-18-2012, 07:15 PM

Hey fuck you... :P

I do plan on setting up one this summer for local friends and FC people via https://avantehosting.net/minecraft.php

I was planning on doing a Stage II hosting. But if you want to split costs with me, and we could possibly set up a pay-pal donation thing, we could do a Stage III which would allow for 32 people which I believe that's more than enough because I have about 7 friends locally who would be on it.

and this way it'll be on ALL THE TIME.

Metkil5685
04-18-2012, 11:53 PM

I do plan on setting up one this summer for local friends and FC people via https://avantehosting.net/minecraft.php

I was planning on doing a Stage II hosting. But if you want to split costs with me, and we could possibly set up a pay-pal donation thing, we could do a Stage III which would allow for 32 people which I believe that's more than enough because I have about 7 friends locally who would be on it.

and this way it'll be on ALL THE TIME.

Before you jump on board with Avante Hosting, let me tell you a story. I used to use Avante for my minecraft server, but the support was horrible when it came to issues. Also, I had frequent errors with the multicraft CP they force you to use when managing the server. It would default people to Banned when settings were otherwise configured. Should I change a person's permission, it would default back to Banned anyways. Just my experience.

Since then, I have switched to Lethal Drive. lethaldrive.com I like them. It's simple with no CP to manage besides having a server console and ftp. I like it, though it is a couple dollars more.

Also, if you want to play on my server:

Metkil's Realm - Server IP: 50.31.24.76:25565

It's currently a pure vanilla server, however in the near future I will be modifying it. Just haven't had the time to do so just yet.

Vestige
04-19-2012, 12:11 AM
<3 A wild Acid appears. Missed you Acid.
As for Metkil, vanilla servers are usually servers off your internet connection; correct?

Mythonian
04-19-2012, 12:14 AM
As for Metkil, vanilla servers are usually servers off your internet connection; correct?

Vanilla means without any mods.

Metkil5685
04-19-2012, 12:25 AM
<3 A wild Acid appears. Missed you Acid.

Vanilla means without any mods.

Myth beat me to it. No mods indeed.

I would never host a server off my own computer. Such instability when you host off your own machine. I'm too much of a performance guy to do that.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
04-19-2012, 01:39 AM
Before you jump on board with Avante Hosting, let me tell you a story. I used to use Avante for my minecraft server, but the support was horrible when it came to issues. Also, I had frequent errors with the multicraft CP they force you to use when managing the server. It would default people to Banned when settings were otherwise configured. Should I change a person's permission, it would default back to Banned anyways. Just my experience.

Since then, I have switched to Lethal Drive. lethaldrive.com I like them. It's simple with no CP to manage besides having a server console and ftp. I like it, though it is a couple dollars more.

It's currently a pure vanilla server, however in the near future I will be modifying it. Just haven't had the time to do so just yet.

Alright, i'm on your server...

IS THERE ANYWHERE ITS NOT SNOWING?!

Metkil5685
04-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Alright, i'm on your server...

IS THERE ANYWHERE ITS NOT SNOWING?!

To the northeast. You'll find a fortified NPC village we've taken over. Think of our land has a diagonal and you'll find your way.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/Metkil/servermap.png < map of the server if it helps

RENGADE 0F FUNK
04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
To the northeast. You'll find a fortified NPC village we've taken over. Think of our land has a diagonal and you'll find your way.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/Metkil/servermap.png < map of the server if it helps

alright cool. Thanks a lot also.

silversleek
04-19-2012, 05:35 PM
i'm starting an alchemy shop on metkils server. all the things i need for potions are super rare though...fml.

Vestige
04-19-2012, 06:07 PM
You should MC edit the spawn. I have been searching for the village for awhile.

Acid
04-19-2012, 08:23 PM

Dammit Metty! You were the one who originally showed me Avante...

Metkil5685
04-20-2012, 10:41 AM
You should MC edit the spawn. I have been searching for the village for awhile.

I plan to do so once I get some free time. Most likely this weekend. If you see me or ibeburgering on the server, just ask for a tp to the village.

Dammit Metty! You were the one who originally showed me Avante...

Well, they were fine at that point, but as soon as I had an issue, they were useless.

Vestige
04-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I found the village, I was going to ask you about a few things. Like making this the official F.C server (no offence Acid, we still love you), oping me so I can moderate the server; I also have forum powers, which I can dueal moderate. I have had nothing but time this weekend; besides work.

Acid
04-20-2012, 08:15 PM
I have a question about your server Metty. How many people can it hold? There's been something I've been wanting to do for awhile and I think it would be very fun.

Vestige
04-22-2012, 01:35 PM
The server he has can hold 20.

Acid
04-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Perfect!

Metkil5685
04-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I found the village, I was going to ask you about a few things. Like making this the official F.C server (no offence Acid, we still love you), oping me so I can moderate the server; I also have forum powers, which I can dueal moderate. I have had nothing but time this weekend; besides work.

I can talk with my co-admin about possibly moving this to the Official FC Server. I won't make any promises, but I'll see what I can do. As for the OP, I treat things like OP/admin very seriously. One of my biggest things is always security. In order for you get OP/Admin from me, you REALLY need to earn not only my trust but my co-admin's trust as well. Seriously, it's not you, it's me. Once I get the proper mods running however, perhaps we can lesser version of an OP, but again no promises.

I have a question about your server Metty. How many people can it hold? There's been something I've been wanting to do for awhile and I think it would be very fun.

The server he has can hold 20.

Yup, I can support up to 20 players, however it's more limited to the amount of RAM the server is using. My server only has 256MB of RAM, so we can't do crazy things, but we can do vanilla server stuff just fine.

As for the server and working on it. Once I get this final done (Wednesday) I'm going to start working on it a lot. Along with some website upgrades here. ;)

Vestige
04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Alright, I am trying to do a few things with another server atm. I am also cleaning the M.C thread; as the server is changing. I am trying to get the server to change, no offence Acid; we just need an active server.