PDA

View Full Version : Ezio or Altair?

Spartanbh
04-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Who do you like more in the Assassin's Creed series (so far), Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad or Ezio Auditore da Firenze? DISCUSS NAOW!

Nocte
04-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Altair is the better assassin because he basically started the guild that Ezio follows.

Altair is also more of an assassin, he has this mystery behind him.

AC1 was a terrible game compared to the others the combat was boring and the missions repetitive. I feel that if they went back and changed a few things in the first AC it would by far be my favorite.

Mi Boys Dinner
04-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Nobody fucks with Altaïr.

Juggernaut9473
04-25-2012, 10:25 PM
ezio had better toys

Nocte
04-25-2012, 10:28 PM
ezio had better toys

Altair was a more skilled assassin.

Also Altair's simplistic robes made him look so much better.

zZ Dr K Zz
04-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Altair FTW!

Ezio was good, but I didn't care anything about him in AC: Revelations. I was so sick of playing as him by then, that game was a chore to play compared to the first. The only good parts of that game was the Altair sequences.

The hook-blade is amazing though, I love that thing!

Mi Boys Dinner
04-26-2012, 05:55 AM
Assassins just started to derp.

Altaïr > Ezio > Desmond

Connor is out of loop until I actually play AC3.

And when you say that Ezio has better equipment, well no duh. He's in a more advanced time period than Altaïr is. If you comparing based on just that information then Ezio would win on the amount of equipment, but not on skill.

Altaïr would win in a fight cause he's actually been trained by other assassins. He's superior in that field. The only major downfall would be that he gets too cocky.

Juggernaut9473
04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
i voted for Altair <_< just saying Ezio had better toys

zZ Dr K Zz
04-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Assassins just started to derp.

Altaïr > Ezio > Desmond

Connor is out of loop until I actually play AC3.

And when you say that Ezio has better equipment, well no duh. He's in a more advanced time period than Altaïr is. If you comparing based on just that information then Ezio would win on the amount of equipment, but not on skill.

Altaïr would win in a fight cause he's actually been trained by other assassins. He's superior in that field. The only major downfall would be that he gets too cocky.
Technically, after playing Revelations, Altair had some of these better toys before Ezio such as the hidden gun.

Mi Boys Dinner
04-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Technically, after playing Revelations, Altair had some of these better toys before Ezio such as the hidden gun.

I've only played 1 & 2, so my opinion is just based on those two games. :(

Scarekro
04-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Ezio because we've gotten to know him more. We were there for the major events of his life and his Christina story made me emotionally attached to the series. Altair is cool, don't get me wrong. But I know Ezio more as a character and think he's more of a badass.

LocoCrazy
04-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Altaïr easily. Ezio is a little bitch in comparison.

Altaïr spearheaded the assasins after the little dance off with Al Mualim AND mastered the apple of Eden AND was a jedi in assassin armor/robes AND invented CD's way before they were invented.

Textbook, hombre.

AftershocK
04-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Connor /topic

Ronglar
05-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I chose Ezio. AC II is one of my all time favorite games =3

GAMEHEEL
06-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Altair is a super badass, Ezio is a pussy-ass italian... nuff said

GAMEHEEL
06-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Nobody fucks with Altaïr.
^

EriRi 1138
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Since this topic didn't say 'Who is a better Assassin' all the people who are trying to list reasons as to why Altair is better (and he is) are making a moot point.

I chose Ezio because he embodies, in my eyes, the perfect follower of the Creed, and the legacy left behind by Altair. Altair had a lot of wisdom, skill, and determination, and no doubt gave his entire life to the Creed without any thoughts as to otherwise, save his all-too-human moments when he is overcome with emotion.

But let us not forget that although Ezio was not properly born into an official brotherhood, he made his way into one as soon as he could, and between the age of 17 and 70 or so, gave his life to the Assassin's and accomplished as much if not more than Altair did with the Brotherhood itself.

"But Eric, you noob, Altair was like 90 something before he finally bit the dust. That means he lived longer and thus did more for the Brotherhood."

Well it can be argued that Altair only lived that long because he had possession of the Apple for many, many years, thus prolonging his life (otherwise, for the time period, Altair probably would have died around 50 or 60). While on the other hand, Ezio showed responsibility and selflessness in hiding the Apple away from human hands, after he understood that it's power was too great for the domain of men.

Now, I am definitely not out to start any arguments, because again, I think Altair is a better assassin. Again the reason I chose Ezio is because I view him as the most ideal follower of the Creed, as opposed to Altair who I view as too perfect to be relatable.

Ezio, while at first driven by personal passions, learns to quell his vengeance and thirst for blood and instead operate as a man of nobility. Although he has many personal moments of weakness, he learns to overcome these and continue showing stronger emotions such as resilience, maturity, and righteousness. I won't go and list all his accomplishments because I already have a wall of text as it is, and you guys (fucking hopefully) have played the games and know the story the same as I do.

tl;dr - I picked Ezio because, while Altair is the ultimate hoss, Ezio is an ideal follower of the Creed, and is the most relatable character of the two in my mind.

Spartanbh
06-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Since this topic didn't say 'Who is a better Assassin' all the people who are trying to list reasons as to why Altair is better (and he is) are making a moot point.

I chose Ezio because he embodies, in my eyes, the perfect follower of the Creed, and the legacy left behind by Altair. Altair had a lot of wisdom, skill, and determination, and no doubt gave his entire life to the Creed without any thoughts as to otherwise, save his all-too-human moments when he is overcome with emotion.

But let us not forget that although Ezio was not properly born into an official brotherhood, he made his way into one as soon as he could, and between the age of 17 and 70 or so, gave his life to the Assassin's and accomplished as much if not more than Altair did with the Brotherhood itself.

"But Eric, you noob, Altair was like 90 something before he finally bit the dust. That means he lived longer and thus did more for the Brotherhood."

Well it can be argued that Altair only lived that long because he had possession of the Apple for many, many years, thus prolonging his life (otherwise, for the time period, Altair probably would have died around 50 or 60). While on the other hand, Ezio showed responsibility and selflessness in hiding the Apple away from human hands, after he understood that it's power was too great for the domain of men.

Now, I am definitely not out to start any arguments, because again, I think Altair is a better assassin. Again the reason I chose Ezio is because I view him as the most ideal follower of the Creed, as opposed to Altair who I view as too perfect to be relatable.

Ezio, while at first driven by personal passions, learns to quell his vengeance and thirst for blood and instead operate as a man of nobility. Although he has many personal moments of weakness, he learns to overcome these and continue showing stronger emotions such as resilience, maturity, and righteousness. I won't go and list all his accomplishments because I already have a wall of text as it is, and you guys (fucking hopefully) have played the games and know the story the same as I do.

tl;dr - I picked Ezio because, while Altair is the ultimate hoss, Ezio is an ideal follower of the Creed, and is the most relatable character of the two in my mind.

Actually, my favorite Assassin is Eric Richter. Cause he fucking rules.

MedeDust
06-13-2012, 05:27 AM
Actually, my favorite Assassin is Eric Richter. Cause he fucking rules.

^

Graycochea
06-13-2012, 06:22 AM
as opposed to Altair who I view as too perfect to be relatable

You're talking about Altair being the paramount of the living embodiment of the Creed, however, isn't the whole beginning of Assassin's Creed about how he failed the order and was stripped of his rank and equipment?

EriRi 1138
06-13-2012, 03:09 PM
And then proceeded to completely change his entire mindset to further the cause of the creed, hold together a coup under his own roof, and make sense of an order his brothers thought may have been broken with the death of Al Mualim. Instead of letting the brotherhood go to shambles, he literally 'writes the book' so to speek on the Creed, and how to live by it. So yes, I stand by my statement.

Edit:

Thanks, gentlemen. :P

Andimion
06-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Eric is 100% correct. It was heart wrenching in AC: Rev when you see what is to come of the greatest assassin the creed has ever had. But Ezio had the same effect one me. I became attuned to him and played as if I lived his life. You watched him live through his emotional turmoil and agony as he progressed through his loss into a real assassin. He took what Altire forged in the creed, and rekinded the fire to be ever greater.

I wont choose between the two of them, Ill choose to view them as the same person. The game views their blood line as reancarnation down the lines, with the animus living through the DNA memories. They were both great men, and I expect nothing less from Connor.