PDA

View Full Version : FC Spotlight: VerbotenDonkey

RaZ Vader
05-12-2012, 08:49 AM

Greetings Forerunner Conflict,

I decided to begin a new monthly segment entitled "FC Spotlight." What is this exactly? Well each month I will be messaging a member of FC to become a featured member. We will get down and personal and get to know the man or woman behind the controller.

The first featured member is: VERBOTENDONKEY!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/419315_326681740703644_10 0000854625906_912476_1329 185184_n.jpg

City and/or State: Pocono's, Pennsylvania

Favorite Single Player Game: Skyrim, probably tied with the Halo 2 Campaign (if you consider it a game, I'll call it Single Player "experience" =P )

Favorite Multiplayer Game: Halo 2. Oh the good times.

" The Interview"
Between Raz and Donkey

Q: So Donkey, you are one of the older veterans of Forerunner Conflict, can you tell me what it was like in your first boot camp experience?

A: Well, I remember back when I first joined, YOU actually were in an Army! Shocking I know! =P And it was hell trying to flag you down to run a bootcamp. Eventually, I got into one with about 7 or so people. Only about 3 graduated. So yes, it was a lot stricter back then! The first bootcamp of Halo 3 I strictly remember though. I had just missed the large Universal Bootcamp on Last Resort, and my friend Verboten Viper was telling me all about it, running me through the Map when I could finally get on. A 16 player full Bootcamp (still want to witness one of those again ...). I was so jealous.

Eventually, I did get run through one. It was very simulated, which I enjoyed. It started out with Rifle Training on the beach, shooting cones, then using Heavy Weapons to take out a Tank. After taking a long run to the opposite end of the compound, there was the Team-Building drill. We separated into one Team and the Recruits were given one room full of small arms weapons and equipment. There was a course in the "Ware House" section of Last Resort. The mission was simple, run across the bottom floor, taking cover along the way, get to the stair case, eliminate any guards, and then take a Gravity Hammer and smash down a stone barrier. Only problem is, if you get hit once, you're out. Several DIs were involved as the "guards", and they had mounted machine guns in the windows in the back that could rain havoc on us as we ran across the ground floor and then tried to smash down the barrier up at the gate controls. It took a lot of team work and usage of the equipment to finish the Mission.

Q: Since your a long time member, can you remember who you may have "Feared" the most when you first became a member of the community and why?

A: Well, when I first joined, as many people know, you really don't know a whole lot of people. I found out about FC through a Youtube promotion for it, so I didn't even know any of the members. The atmosphere was a lot more tense back then, a lot stricter. All of the leaders and Officers were feared, but out of respect. It was a respectful fear.

Mephistar probably the most though. =P Not many people will know him now, but his signature ... well, it kind of invoked fear.

Q: Now knowing more then you did before when you were a younger member, do you think FC shaped you as the person you are today? What are some examples of how FC changed your life?

A: Definitely. When you are put into the Officer or any type of leadership position in the community, you either already have the skills or you develop them as time goes on. And the longer you are in them, you more you can develop. You learn people skills; how to correctly handle hostile situations between soldiers, how to deal with problems that people come to you with. Over time, the more you are exposed to them, the better you are at handling them. Life is about experience, and FC definitely can provide you with the leadership experience needed later in life, in my opinion.

Q: Off the subject of Forerunner Conflict, what kind of hobbies do you enjoy outside the community?

A: Well, gaming is a big hobby of mine. I am a pretty avid Team Fortress 2 player on the PC. Outside of gaming, I am a four year High School Varsity Tennis player (aka I enjoy Tennis), studying (tip to anyone going into the Medical Field, say goodbye to your social life! =P ), guitar, spending time with my girlfriend, writing, and enjoying the outdoors (hiking, camping, sightseeing, etc).

Q: Is there a Mrs. Donkey in your life right now? :sweat:

A: There sure is. My wonderful girlfriend Krista that I've had since November of 2010. I have Mr. Nick aka Sgt Omalley to thank for that one. =) So yes, I guess you can include me in the "met your girlfriend through FC" club, although it wasn't directly through FC =P

Q: So, what is your goals in life right now donkey? Do you attend school? Do you have any type of job? Do you think FC prepared you for any of these experiences?

A: My goals in life right now are to enjoy my youth while I still can and get a degree that will allow myself to have a comfortable future. I am currently enrolled at King's College, a private College, studying to become a Physician's Assistant. Very competitive program, and I'm in an accelerated 3 year undergrad, 2 year graduate track. It's tough, but anything in the Medical Field has a pretty safe employment rate for the future, and they pay well too. When I'm not in College, I work as a Bus Boy at Red Robin. Not the greatest job, but it pays for the car and gas. FC has prepared me actually, by teaching me to be a leader. It really helped me by coming up with some hypothetical situations when I was answering some questions for scholarships, as corny as that may sound haha.

Q: If you had the chance to swap places with anyone in the world at this very moment, who would it be and why?

A: I honestly wouldn't. I'm happy with my life and can change it in any way I want. Sure, I may never be super rich like celebrities or whatnot, but I don't need to be. I'm happy with being myself.

Q: Obi-Wan-Kenobi or Qui-Gon Gin? Why?

A: REALLY Raz?! It's Qui-Gon JINN. xDD And Qui-Gon Jinn. Why? Because Quinn-Gon Jinn, that's why. =P That was my nickname for a long time. Even if he was arguably the worst Jedi.

Q: Your all time favorite movie? Why?!

A: This may be biased after just getting back from it, but AVENGERS. Hands DOWN. Before the Avengers though, it was the Dark Knight. Gotta love a Heath Ledger Joker.

Q: It seems that Forerunner Conflict plays a small part of your gaming life. Why do you enjoy the community so much?

A: Small part? It's basically my Xbox Life haha. I enjoy it for a lot of reasons. I enjoy it because FC is a unique concept not found effectively in the gaming universe, with the War Simulation and all. And if you know me, you know I love roleplaying. A lot. Couple that with a war simulation and it fits perfectly. I enjoy being involved and help shape the community for everyone. I also enjoy it because it affects so many people, and I want to make sure everyone has the satisfaction that I've had since I first joined in April of 2007. I try to make sure that every single member is involved or at least has the opportunity to be, ie they know who their CO is and that they've been contacted, etc.

The people here really make this place great. We have a wide variety of members and that makes it wonderful. I've been in so many groups before where everything is forced and the atmosphere just seems tense. FC is someplace where it is relaxed, so you can take everything seriously if that's who you are, but the atmosphere here is relaxed. Makes for a perfect gaming environment.

Q: Here is your chance to send a message to the FC Community, what would it be?

A: Oh wow, I have so much I could say. So I'll focus on one thing. Forerunner Conflict is only as great as YOU make it. Ultimately, the Community revolves around it's members, not the leaders. The leaders are here to make sure everything runs smoothly. The members make the community. What am I saying? Well, a few things. We can hold as many game nights as possible, but in order for good memories to be formed, we need you guys to participate! I can't say how many awesome moments I've had in the past with our custom game nights, I'm sad to see that attendance is sort of waning to things outside of the Factions. But also, if you want something to happen, make it happen. Example, I felt like the roleplaying aspect wasn't being focused on as much as I had liked. So I created the FC LARP to gap that bridge, and we had a lot of fun doing so (P.S. With summer here, I do plan on bringing that back, so be on the watch for it. ;) ). If YOU as the member want something, then you have the freedom to make that a reality here. Don't be afraid to start something.

I can only see Forerunner Conflict getting better over time. Sure, Reach may have been a flop as a game, but I'm proud to say I think Forerunner Conflict made it great. Heck, I didn't even care that the game wasn't as great as the previous ones, in my mind it was fine just because of this Community.

Stay awesome, FC. Keep doin' what you're doin'.

Stay tuned for the next month! Maybe you will be featured next!

GhostHammer
05-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Seems awful familiar to the Spolight Program Mr. Quin here runs in the R.E.D.D. :P

Really like this! Now people can really get to know each other :)

I love you Quin <3

Blackhawk570
05-12-2012, 10:10 AM
The Poconos ehh? Maybe we should meet up sometime.

RaZ Vader
05-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Seems awful familiar to the Spolight Program Mr. Quin here runs in the R.E.D.D. :P

Really like this! Now people can really get to know each other :)

I love you Quin <3

heh, was not even aware this was going on. lol

VerbotenDonkey
05-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the opportunity Raz. Great job and idea!

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
05-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Great spotlight RaZ, Donkey was an awesome first choice!

bazongaman502
05-12-2012, 03:41 PM
awesome job, alot of fun to read.... should be funnier questions in them though :P

zZ Dr K Zz
05-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Omg, that is one drop dead sexy man <3

AND you're a tennis player?!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

RENGADE 0F FUNK
05-13-2012, 02:13 AM
You're a bus boy? aaaaahhhh shit. I was one for 2 years at a bar. I could stack 8 glasses then 8 more on top of that on a single tray by the end of it and open a door with the other hand. Bussing is an art form xD

EriRi 1138
05-13-2012, 02:58 AM
Awh. That's cute as hell.

Gargoyle
05-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Pffft. Quinn-Gon because that's Liam Fucking Neeson

bazongaman502
05-14-2012, 08:00 PM
what happened to mine that Donkey did?

Raider0614
05-14-2012, 10:31 PM
That my friends...is the face of a true champion. So this is the man whom they call "Donkey that is Verboten".
I'd say 100% GRADE A Major General material. Proud to serve, mofos.

MezarRaider
06-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Awesome interview! Yeah I know this is delayed, but this made me smile and made my day <3 <3 You are amazing Quinn! You are a great leader as well as a great boyfriend and person. Don't ever change ^.^

Anarchy
06-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Awesome interview! Yeah I know this is delayed, but this made me smile and made my day <3 <3 You are amazing Quinn! You are a great leader as well as a great boyfriend and person. Don't ever change ^.^

Awe

You two are such cuties together.

>: )

Gargoyle
06-07-2012, 04:14 PM
I knew I smelt something!

Rymt
06-07-2012, 06:58 PM

Thats so adorable! :)

EriRi 1138
06-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Alright, calm it down ladies.

bazongaman502
06-07-2012, 07:27 PM
wait so we can bring Girlfriends into this???... you guys are about to get fuuuuuuuuucked lol