PDA

View Full Version : Website Changes - 5/24/12

Metkil5685
05-24-2012, 03:32 PM
So, the update is complete and some of you may have noticed a few things. Well there are a lot of small changes with the update, but nothing to be concerned with. However, there are two new editions to the site that came with the update to our forum software.

1) Ever wanted some kind of interface similar to Facebook but for the forums instead? Well the Activity Stream has got you covered. Located under the What's New?, this page will give you content updates similar to how the previous What's New worked. Direct Link: http://fcwars.net/forums/activity.php

2) We accidentally went mobile. Now as some of know, I was polling last night if you guys wanted the site to go mobile via an app. Well vB accidentally answered this for us. With this most recent update, the addition of a mobile skin has been added. This is new and pretty rough right now, but you can access the site from your mobile web browser in a mobile friendly environment. This is still a work in progress, so please bear with any issues you may encounter.

Besides these two things, everything else is pretty much the same. Remember, if you guys encounter any issue with the website please post in the Bug Report (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?34-Bug-Report!) topic.

Cheers,
Metkil5685
Web Admin

RaZ Vader
05-24-2012, 04:23 PM
I was wondering if we did have an app if money would be made off of people downloading it? If so this should be going towrds give-a-ways such as tshirts, microsoft points, etc.

Metkil5685
05-24-2012, 04:40 PM
I was wondering if we did have an app if money would be made off of people downloading it? If so this should be going towrds give-a-ways such as tshirts, microsoft points, etc.

Unless we actually charge to download an app, no money would be made. Honestly though, if I every made an app for FC, I would not charge the members to download it. Instead a simple reminder that users can donate on the website if they want to show support. :)

Ex Zen Mute
05-24-2012, 05:44 PM
You can make money of apps. It is called advertising. It is why this site doesn't cost to much.

Puba
05-24-2012, 06:30 PM
You can make money of apps. It is called advertising. It is why this site doesn't cost to much.it would be a good idea to add a "pro mode" that for a certain price ,the pro mode would remove all the ads .(of course money would go to website)