PDA

View Full Version : SCII: HOTS

Coda
05-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/)

SCII: HOTS will be coming out very soon. It's the second, and latest addition to the SCII trilogy (Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, Legacy of the Void).

HOTS will feature many new never before seen Zerg creatures, such as Izsha, Abathur, and more. In the campaign, Zerg seem to evolve just like the Terran upgraded in WoL, and a picture is below. I am very excited to see what Blizzard does with this. What do you guys think about it? And what have you heard about the game?

Metkil5685
05-27-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm personally not a bit SCII fan, but based on what I have seen, I think it should go off better well. I more care about the single player (because I am horrible at playing against people GO BRONZE!) and continuing the storyline. Which should be interesting based on what I saw at Blizzcon '11. Also, I hope they don't mess with the MP aspect of it too much because I actually really enjoy watching competitive matches on streams. If those people get upset, we will most likely see less streams.

The part I'm not a fan of is this pseudo-episodic route they are taking with SCII (and D3 for that matter). Yes they put out more content for the game, but when they come they go up for full retail price. Is the full retail price going to be worth it? We'll see.

Coda
05-27-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm personally not a bit SCII fan, but based on what I have seen, I think it should go off better well. I more care about the single player (because I am horrible at playing against people GO BRONZE!) and continuing the storyline. Which should be interesting based on what I saw at Blizzcon '11. Also, I hope they don't mess with the MP aspect of it too much because I actually really enjoy watching competitive matches on streams. If those people get upset, we will most likely see less streams.

The part I'm not a fan of is this pseudo-episodic route they are taking with SCII (and D3 for that matter). Yes they put out more content for the game, but when they come they go up for full retail price. Is the full retail price going to be worth it? We'll see.

I agree. I really hope their campaign mode is worth it. I also suck at multiplayer :P I'm at like top bronze-low silver level... Well, probably not any more. I haven't played in quite a while. Anyway, I agree with everything else you just said