PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 E3 Trailer

Mythonian
06-04-2012, 02:25 PM
For those who missed it or simply wanted to rewatch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N-CRrP9xjQ

Nocte
06-04-2012, 02:28 PM
I cried.

bazongaman502
06-04-2012, 02:31 PM
i feel extreamly let down... told we would see alot, but we reall saw nothing that answer serious questions

Mythonian
06-04-2012, 02:36 PM
i feel extreamly let down... told we would see alot, but we reall saw nothing that answer serious questions

They said a lot will be shown at E3. E3 is more than just press conferences.

There will be dozens of interviews, lots of gameplay footage, etc., etc. that will be showing over the next few days. That is where the majority of stuff happens. It's always been that way for E3.

Nocte
06-04-2012, 02:36 PM

How did you not get answers.

-Cortana does go rampant
-We see the new enemies
-We hear the Assault Rifle with it's badass new sound and perfect look
-We see how Infinity ties into the story
-We see new Forerunner weapons
-Chief has visor settings
-Someone or something has been expecting Chief

I don't know how you were let down.

RaZ Vader
06-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Well... I am more excited to play Halo again.

RetRdidMunkie
06-04-2012, 03:30 PM
anyone else think that the voice we hear is Mendicant Bias? Makes sense that we'd fight him... And Spike was just talkin bout H4 and gave info on the enemies...

SuRroundeD By 1
06-04-2012, 03:38 PM
I likey

Graycochea
06-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I wonder if Infinity will tie in early or half way through. I'm glad. With Infinity there, the chances of fighting alongside Spartans has risen exponentially.

I hope they'll be there and it's not like in Outbound Flight where they're pulled off the ship for some reason last minute.

I also hope they integrate Catherine Halsey and the stranded Spartan-II's and III's, somehow, could be he finds them or could be they left behind recordings before they found a ship and left or were all wiped out by the Prometheans.

Finally, they should integrate the deep frozen members of the Spirit of Fire. I'm just really megaultrasuperduper excited for this series in general.

Scarekro
06-04-2012, 03:45 PM
anyone else think that the voice we hear is Mendicant Bias? Makes sense that we'd fight him... And Spike was just talkin bout H4 and gave info on the enemies...

It can't be Mendicant Bias. His last fragment was returned to the Ark in Halo 3 when the Forerunner dreadnought entered the Voi portal. He was the one speaking to John through the terminals. When John destroyed Installation 04B, and thus Installation 00, he too was destroyed.

iFurrious
06-04-2012, 03:48 PM
It can't be Mendicant Bias. His last fragment was returned to the Ark in Halo 3 when the Forerunner dreadnought entered the Voi portal. He was the one speaking to John through the terminals. When John destroyed Installation 04B, and thus Installation 00, he too was destroyed.

Nope you're wrong. =P

Nocte
06-04-2012, 03:49 PM

The symbol we see at the end of the trailer is also very very similar to the Didact's known symbol.

Scarekro
06-04-2012, 03:53 PM
The symbol we see at the end of the trailer is also very very similar to the Didact's known symbol.

Yes, similar, but not the same. However, that's the only known Forerunner call signature that it even closely resembles.

I have a theory, though it may be flawed. There were red Prometheans and blue Prometheans in the trailer. What if the red ones are corrupted? Which would mean the Didact is corrupted as well, explaining the difference in the symbols.

Nocte
06-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Yes, similar, but not the same. However, that's the only known Forerunner call signature that it even closely resembles.

I have a theory, though it may be flawed. There were red Prometheans and blue Prometheans in the trailer. What if the red ones are corrupted? Which would mean the Didact is corrupted as well, explaining the difference in the symbols.

What if the Didact isn't so much as corrupted, but someone of something is trying to take control over his armies?

The Prometheans we see are red relate to the similar symbol to the Didact's that is red at the end of the trailer.

The symbol is similar, but not the same.

Then we have the Prometheans that are blue, the Didact's true symbol is blue.

Perhaps another Promethean is trying to take control by killing off the Didact.

Spolier Alert!!!!!!

The Precusor's wanted the Forerunners to die off, because the humans would be better off protecting and maintaining the mantle. So perhaps a Promethean is trying to kill off the humans and Didact so that the Forerunner's live on.

Sicarioano
06-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Also in Halo 4 you get credits kinda like and get to buy weapons and choose what you go into matchmaking with, and god I pray they bring back MLG.

EriRi 1138
06-04-2012, 05:28 PM
god I pray they bring back MLG.

Leave.

bazongaman502
06-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Also in Halo 4 you get credits kinda like and get to buy weapons and choose what you go into matchmaking with, and god I pray they bring back MLG.

They better not, MLG is whats killing Halo

Coda
06-04-2012, 05:42 PM
My jaw was dropped basically throughout the entire trailer. This looks amazing. These enemies are horrifying, and yet absolutely amazing. I can't wait to find out exactly what these things are... I am looking forward to Halo 4 even more now. I suspect 343 will make some stuff far better than we ever expected, and also do some stuff that we don't really like. But, I believe that it will turn into the Halo we all know and love... Just a little different.

Guzzie
06-04-2012, 05:52 PM
what's killing halo is bloom, no ranks and not enough out of the box maps.

MedeDust
06-04-2012, 06:00 PM
They better not, MLG is whats killing Halo

That's a very poorly supported statement.

The fact that you just can't differ the good players from the noobs anymore is what's killing it.

Vestige
06-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Omg, Omg, Omg god. How ever am I going to clean my keyboard now...

Coda
06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Omg, Omg, Omg god. How ever am I going to clean my keyboard now...
Did you nerd all over your keyboard? Yeah, I can see why

Nocte
06-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Please don't bring the bloom convo here haha

As for the maps I completely agree, and thats why it's a good thing that 343i already said the maps for the multi are built from the ground up for multi they won't be copy and pasted from campaign.

SuRroundeD By 1
06-04-2012, 07:34 PM

Bloom is back on the DMR and pistol, but people have been saying that it isn't too bad.

As for ranks . . . I could care less one way or the other but I did like Halo 3's ranking system.

OT: After watching this trailer over and over and over again . . . and don't hold me up to this, do the enemies kind of remind you of crysis? I know the one 10ft tall one does.

silversleek
06-04-2012, 07:37 PM
me gusta the forerunner weapons.

Fuzzy
06-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Bloom is back on the DMR and pistol, but people have been saying that it isn't too bad.

As for ranks . . . I could care less one way or the other but I did like Halo 3's ranking system.

OT: After watching this trailer over and over and over again . . . and don't hold me up to this, do the enemies kind of remind you of crysis? I know the one 10ft tall one does.

The enemies remind me of a mix between Crysis and Metroid Prime...

Daaaah Whoosh
06-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Eeeeeeew.

Seriously, I was trying to be optimistic, but this is almost exactly what I was worried about. Less Covenant, more random Forerunner shit. And I may be wrong here, but aren't we allies with the Elites?

SuRroundeD By 1
06-04-2012, 08:14 PM
NEW VIDEO WITH MULTIPLAYER AND SPARTAN OPS GAMEPLAY!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Ke1POGBo4

Do you see how fast some of this gameplay is? I don't even care about the shield this looks awesome!

MedeDust
06-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Everybody that is speaking negative against the game is being ignorant. Cry me a river, they stated "A bran new saga" "Rebuilt from the ground up" what just because it's not like the other games it's a bad game? I think it has potential to kick any game's ass.

SuRroundeD By 1
06-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Everybody that is speaking negative against the game is being ignorant. Cry me a river, they stated "A bran new saga" "Rebuilt from the ground up" what just because it's not like the other games it's a bad game? I think it has potential to kick any game's ass.

After seeing what I have today, if you had a thank button, I'd be mashing it.

Maxdoggy
06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Pretty cool Multi and Spartan Op video.

I must say, however, that the new medals absolutely suck. They are terribad. RAGE!!!

Guzzie
06-04-2012, 09:25 PM
yeah the medals do look weird. even the way the guy said "overkill" was strange. The BR gameplay looks solid though, pretty excited to use it on multiplayer.

d3ad1te
06-04-2012, 09:32 PM

What. What serious questions do you have?

Other than the ones that will be answered when you play the actual game.

Mythonian
06-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Pretty cool Multi and Spartan Op video.

I must say, however, that the new medals absolutely suck. They are terribad. RAGE!!!

yeah the medals do look weird. even the way the guy said "overkill" was strange. The BR gameplay looks solid though, pretty excited to use it on multiplayer.

I'm crossing my fingers that they are placeholders. I think something similar was done with Reach where we didn't get to see the final medals until only a few months before launch? Not sure though.

MezarRaider
06-04-2012, 09:51 PM
I was unsure about Halo 4 for awhile, but it seems better than I expected. And this trailer makes it look so awesome. I am now excited for it, despite the flaws it has that I won't like about it (i.e. taking elites out of matchmaking). Still looks good though, I'll keep looking at more info about it. Thanks for showing this Myth!

Daaaah Whoosh
06-04-2012, 09:57 PM

I'm sure that Halo 4 will be an amazing game. I'm looking forward to playing it. I just hate it when a universe doesn't go the way I want it to, and that's what they're doing with it right now.

SuRroundeD By 1
06-04-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm sure that Halo 4 will be an amazing game. I'm looking forward to playing it. I just hate it when a universe doesn't go the way I want it to, and that's what they're doing with it right now.

And I hate it when peoples sigs don't link to their awesome comics . . .

Daaaah Whoosh
06-04-2012, 10:17 PM
And I hate it when peoples sigs don't link to their awesome comics . . .
Good point. I'll work on that.

Vestige
06-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Going to be different, but all to we all know it. I am more looking towards just playing the game. Bad or not.

MedeDust
06-04-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm looking forward to just playing a new game.

Boneill1621
06-05-2012, 12:07 AM
I really do wonder who the "bad guy" really will be. Reading the books it appears to me that the Didact will have to be included in the story somehow. Glad to see that the Forerunner weapons are as cool as I thought they could be as well. And I can't wait for BR vs DMR duels in multiplayer. That will be fun.

MedeDust
06-05-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm assuming just how Guilty Spark was a bit corrupt(Him being a forerunner tech), our new enemy is just a bit over the top corrupt. Or of we want to get logical Precursor took over Forerunner who sent reclaimer away who now is returning and Precursor is scared?

Reaper
06-05-2012, 11:52 AM
well since the forerunners never killed of any species (evidence being as how they kept the flood alive on halo), i would assume its one of their pass enemies who want to fuck with reclaimers. don't know who it is for sure but one thing i do know is that a few months ago i saw some video microsoft released and i saw a being with super strength who pushed what i believe is a halo marine holding an assualt rifle through the wall right into his hand (the person phased through it, wall didn't brake) and threw another marine as if a hunter just bitchslapped a marine with its shield (he went flying). don't ask me for looks because it was just one of those undetailed gameplay vids (not really much color, just black and white) with the person you see some red being, and a person with whats clearly an assault rifle and a marine helmet. tried to look for the vid but couldn't find it.

Graycochea
06-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Less Covenant, more random Forerunner shit. And I may be wrong here, but aren't we allies with the Elites?

Really? When I saw the trailer all I saw was Covenant. I thought it would be like a small detachment/recon force. What I saw was an invasion sized contingent. And we're through a portal light-years away from Earth and the Covenant fight as we know it. These Elites are probably some kind of stranded, lost, or forgotten and don't know about the Covenant Civil War. I can see MC trying to explain the situation and they don't believe him or something. You know how stubborn an Elite can be.

Reaper
06-05-2012, 12:33 PM
did you not see that general grevious looking thing, those robo dogs that shoot lasers, and those flying drones? i mean the last 3 sec their was an army of them and they weren't covenant since they did kill the covenant scouts right in the beginning.

zZ Dr K Zz
06-05-2012, 12:46 PM
No one else is bothered/annoyed by how much Cortana talks? It's bugging me especially where Chief picks up the new weapon and says "It's forerunner!"

I was like, well no shit sherlock, I've played 5 Halo games, I think I know what forerunner tech looks like.

Mythonian
06-05-2012, 12:50 PM
No one else is bothered/annoyed by how much Cortana talks? It's bugging me especially where Chief picks up the new weapon and says "It's forerunner!"

I was like, well no shit sherlock, I've played 5 Halo games, I think I know what forerunner tech looks like.

It was mentioned in the Microsoft Press Conference thread.

My thoughts:

I partially agree with the Cortana thing though. It might only be in the demonstration build that they used, though, to ensure that the viewers always had something going on without downtime. And also, it seemed like mostly a cinematic with short snippets of gameplay, which will likely be a very small percentage of the campaign.

SuRroundeD By 1
06-05-2012, 03:22 PM
I come bearing new video's!

Wargames:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCiGiVqgqTA&feature=g-u-u

Infinity (You'll understand when you see it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsNWkjP65Cg&feature=g-u-u

Spartan Ops (nothing too new here):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn89_AXCRUY&feature=g-u-u

My favorite is by far the Wargames one . . . multiplayer is looking VERY NICE.

RaZ Vader
06-05-2012, 04:01 PM

bazongaman502
06-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I dont like how the medals are said... i liked them how they were before

VerbotenDonkey
06-05-2012, 05:27 PM

Well she is deteriorating now. I'm sure she's going insane or something.

I'm guessing the new enemies are similar to the constructs the Dwemer leave behind in the Elder Scrolls series. They're like watch dogs that attack anything foreign. Probably made by Forerunners before they killed themselves via Halo. Since theyre not "alive" the Halo arrays did not kill them.

Reaper
06-05-2012, 10:26 PM
i like how the assassinations sound more realistic

Silko
06-05-2012, 11:10 PM
God damnit SuRrounded!!! I just took a shower and now I got jizz all over my pants.

Silko
06-05-2012, 11:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTts-iGixU

SuRroundeD By 1
06-06-2012, 08:58 PM
God damnit SuRrounded!!! I just took a shower and now I got jizz all over my pants.

Well Silko I'm just doing what I do best. Translate that however you want.