PDA

View Full Version : Walshy Hands-On Halo 4 at E3

purple gamer 17
06-05-2012, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6RgW8-8hxE&feature=em-uploademail

This guy got to play multiplayer early

Mythonian
06-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Moved to Halo 4 subforum and made title more applicable.

purple gamer 17
06-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Thank you, sorry, I thought it didn't post, so I posted it again, you might want to delete that please. I have no idea why I made that the title.... I was excited.

bazongaman502
06-05-2012, 06:23 PM
i want the gameplay... him talking about it is pissing me off because i want it so bad..... thats what she said

Rymt
06-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I agree, I want to see gameplay... watching others talk about it makes me more desperate to play it... xD

Gargoyle
06-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Peppers

RaZ Vader
06-05-2012, 08:12 PM
good to hear from a regular guy.

Legit
06-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Is it just me or does most of this sound like CoD, honestly i liked the differences between CoD and Halo and wish Halo would keep to their basic style of gameplay

Mythonian
06-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Is it just me or does most of this sound like CoD, honestly i liked the differences between CoD and Halo and wish Halo would keep to their basic style of gameplay

It's just you. I've seen plenty of gameplay to prove to me that it plays nothing like CoD.

Rymt
06-06-2012, 06:42 PM
It's just you. I've seen plenty of gameplay to prove to me that it plays nothing like CoD.

I agree with Myth on this for sure because I've played CoD and from what everything I've seen about Halo 4, it will be nothing like CoD.

Legit
06-06-2012, 06:59 PM

not saying it looks like it, just saying that they are using a lot of similar things from CoD for example:
1)Walshy said that when you shot someone you will get a hit marker
2)Sprint is Default
3)Ordinance drops, sounds a lot like killstreaks to me
4)the speed-boost (slight of hand/reloading faster, lightweight/running faster)
5)Power-Boost (stopping power)
6)To win a game its by points, not necessarily kills

I wish they would just do a re-make of Halo 2 or 3 with better graphics

SuRroundeD By 1
06-06-2012, 09:06 PM
not saying it looks like it, just saying that they are using a lot of similar things from CoD for example:
2)Sprint is Default

While Halo's 2 and 3 had awesome Multiplayer (Halo 3's being my favorite of all Halo's), I have to say that I'm kind of glad that 343i is massively updating the game. The previous Halo's were fun but if Halo 4 played exactly like them than I'd probably get bored really fast.

Now, maybe I'm not totally happy or excited about a few of the changes I still have faith (especially after seeing this) that 343i is going to take Halo 4 in a all new, great direction.

By the way, I don't have the charts with me, but if anyone checks the charts Halo 4 is on top of the pre-order scale.

AftershocK
06-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Already pre-order legendary addition

SuRroundeD By 1
06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Already pre-order legendary addition

That's actually pretty funny AftershocK. I thought you would have been one of the members against all that is Halo 4 right now.

AftershocK
06-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Nah looks pretty sweet imo + br is back :)

SuRroundeD By 1
06-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Nah looks pretty sweet imo + br is back :)

Well at least your open minded haha. I'm happy the BR is back too but I was kinda hoping it would be a 4-shot kill instead of a five, still I can't judge until seeing how fast it kills regardless.

VerbotenDonkey
06-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Hmm, do body shots still do as much shield damage as headshots?

Carpe Vexillum
06-07-2012, 10:39 AM
2)Sprint is Default

1) Hit markers are a good thing. Idk but when I play CoD it envelops me more in the game to have that feature.
2) Again a good thing. I mean halo 1, 2 and 3 it was like you were an original terminator.
3) Yes this is similar but lets hope 343 can do it better.
4-6) Again similar but not the exact same, see # 3.

Also with the way he described it; its not like you get them all game like in CoD. Only when you earn it in game.

Someone said it in another post.

Your in space, in giant suits of armor, you can jump high, there are aliens, and there are lazors. Its Halo. People seem to be missing what "Halo" really is and they are focusing on what it hasn't been until now.

Suggestion for all those who want a remake of Halo 2. Buy it for the PC and get texture packs. Problem solved. Also buy a wired microsoft controller and an HDMI cable to plug into your TV. Whamo, just like new. Their servers are still going with massive amounts of custom content and plenty of updates.