Fiery Grave
12-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Talk

I liked portal 2 trailer and the mass effect 3 one

and!!!

Prototype 2!

&&&&&
Elder Scrolls V!!!

Also i do not feel that red dead deserved GOTY, it was good but not GOTY worthy.

and then Black ops with best shooter? I think thats the first time a game has been that broken while still making people gasum over it this is why I hate VGAs user voting system
^^ and to top it off reach beat it on best multiplayer

I officially give up on accepting the VGA's as a goods source for fairly accurate stuff on games...

RdR got both Nest song in a game (and the song sucks) and best original score..... I can't even recall a single musical part in that game that was any good and made a lasting impression... both ME2 and Halo reach were much better! And we all know Marty's the master.

Captain Poder
12-12-2010, 02:26 AM
only thing that most intellegeble game players go to the VGAs for is the trailers, the voting system blows because the game players of the USA have no concept of whats actually good or not.

/rant

Fiery Grave
12-12-2010, 03:08 AM
only thing that most intellegeble game players go to the VGAs for is the trailers, the voting system blows because the game players of the USA have no concept of whats actually good or not.

/rant

for a few years it was actually fairly accurate on what games were better than others... recently though its has been all down hill

RetRdidMunkie
12-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Just gonna say, you may not agree with some of it, but that doesn't mean that everyone else shares your views...
Dont mean that their system is broken, just means you disagree.

Yehsus
12-12-2010, 11:35 AM
THERE WAS A MASS EFFECT 3 VIDEO, AND FUCKING NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT IT? WHAT THE FUCK AGARAHGSADKFHSALDHFLASDFD S!

Going to watch and post it now.

Andimion
12-12-2010, 12:15 PM

/rant

I can agree with that. No offence to America.

Fiery Grave
12-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Just gonna say, you may not agree with some of it, but that doesn't mean that everyone else shares your views...
Dont mean that their system is broken, just means you disagree.

but it is a broken system, not every gamer in the world votes, the people how choose what games get nominated don't know what a good game is (like call of duty getting nominated for GOTY, which it really shouldn't) and the fact people can vote once a day.... its not a good system

LocoCrazy
12-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Elder Scrolls V hopefuly will have co-op.

RetRdidMunkie
12-12-2010, 02:40 PM

Fuck.
Yes.

Fiery Grave
12-12-2010, 02:49 PM

I have a feeling the answer will be no..... though I do want it myself

LocoCrazy
12-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Bethesda has yet to fail me/us.

EDIT: p.s. dames and gents...start your _______'s (http://scrawlfx.com/2010/12/the-elder-scrolls-v-runs-on-brand-new-engine)

Fiery Grave
12-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Bethesda has yet to fail me/us.

EDIT: p.s. dames and gents...start your _______'s (http://scrawlfx.com/2010/12/the-elder-scrolls-v-runs-on-brand-new-engine)

I thought you hated Fallout 3? that was bethesda.... also oblivion didn't have co-op when it could have :(

LocoCrazy
12-12-2010, 03:13 PM
I do dislike Fallout 3 but that doesnt mean its a bad game...just my opinion.

RetRdidMunkie
12-12-2010, 03:31 PM
I want The new Elder scrolls, And I CANT WAIT FOR PROTOTYPE 2!!

I'm not sure I wanna fight Mercer tho... he was a badass...

Maxdoggy
12-12-2010, 06:26 PM
From what I understand, Mercer makes you like him so you can see his side and help him. You don't. You get pissed off that he did that to you. You try to kill him.

RDR should not have received Game of the Year, but from watching the pre-VGA GameTrailersTV show, all of the analysts (and bigwigs) were having orgasms over RDR. I think they were the ones who influenced the voting system the most, which truly sucks arse.

Mass Effect 3 = Oh noes. It'll be interesting to see how BioWare pulls it off. I think it could be done very well, or horribly and ruin the series.

Forza 4 with Kinect = Coolness.

I never got into Elder Scrolls.

SSX (the original one for PlayStation) was legit, but this new game will probably flop again.

Insane from Guillermo del Toro will either somehow rock, or suck (which I expect) in 2013.

Halo: Reach I believe actually /did/ win Best Multiplayer, at least Marty O'Donnell said that on his Twitter after the show. He was pretty upset that he didn't win best original score. I think he was robbed because of the previous voting issues and analysts having orgasms only for RDR. Bleh.

In my opinion, Mass Effect 2 should have won GOTY, but all of the intelligent and mature players of the greatest game I played this year didn't know how to vote/didn't care/didn't know you could vote. I would have preferred that COD: BLOPS won GOTY because at least we would have known that it won because of sheer amount of people voting for it (as in, little kiddies).

What I don't understand is how Need for Speed beat out Forza 3 AND Gran Turismo 5. Makes no sense considering the quality of the games. Again, voting issues.

Bleh.

Here's the official winners list:

GAME OF THE YEAR
Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games / Rockstar San Diego)

STUDIO OF THE YEAR
BioWare

BEST XBOX 360 GAME
Mass Effect 2 (Electronic Arts / BioWare)

BEST PS3 GAME
God of War III (Sony Computer Entertainment / SCE Studios Santa Monica)

BEST Wii GAME
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo / Nintendo)

BEST PC GAME
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Blizzard Entertainment / Blizzard Entertainment)

BEST HANDHELD GAME
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (Sony Computer Entertainment / Ready At Dawn Studios)

BEST SHOOTER
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision / Treyarch)

BEST ACTION ADVENTURE GAME
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft / Ubisoft Montreal)

BEST RPG
Mass Effect 2 (Electronic Arts / BioWare)

BEST MULTI-PLAYER
Halo: Reach (Microsoft / Bungie Studios)

BEST INDIVIDUAL SPORTS GAME
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (Electronic Arts / EA Tiburon)

BEST TEAM SPORTS GAME
NBA 2K11 (2K Sports / Visual Concepts)

BEST DRIVING GAME
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Electronic Arts / Criterion Games)

BEST MUSIC GAME
Rock Band 3 (MTV Games / Harmonix)

BEST SOUNDTRACK
DJ Hero 2 (Activision / FreeStyleGames)

BEST SONG IN A GAME
Far Away by José González (Red Dead Redemption)

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games / Rockstar San Diego)

BEST GRAPHICS
God of War III (Sony Computer Entertainment / SCE Studios Santa Monica)

BEST ADAPTED VIDEO GAME
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (Ubisoft / Ubisoft Montreal / Ubisoft Chengdu)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY A HUMAN MALE
Neil Patrick Harris as Peter Parker / Amazing Spider-Man (Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions / Activision)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY A HUMAN FEMALE
Tricia Helfer as Sarah Kerrigan (StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty / Blizzard Entertainment)

BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME
Costume Quest (THQ / Double Fine Productions)

BEST DLC
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare (Rockstar Games / Rockstar San Diego)

BEST INDEPENDENT GAME
Limbo (PlayDead)

MOST ANTICIPATED GAME
Portal 2 (Valve / Valve)

Mi Boys Dinner
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM

Deathhawk
12-12-2010, 08:49 PM
These decisions were all wack, yo.

RetRdidMunkie
12-12-2010, 08:57 PM
These decisions were all wack, yo.

1: You spelled "whack" wrong

2: Dont eva talk like that again.

3: Neva end a sentence in "yo"

RetRdidMunkie
12-12-2010, 08:58 PM

Sorry for the double post.

Mi Boys Dinner
12-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Sorry for the double post.

Munkie, you're the reason I got this game. xD

zZ Dr K Zz
12-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Ya, dat shit is wack, yo.

Way wack.

fucking shit.

Acid
12-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I fucking love Bethesda. I CANNOT WAIT TILL THE ELDER SCROLLS V!

Al Capone111
12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Red Dead was a great game, but i dont think it deserved GOTY. And was most anticipated game for what is coming out later, or what cam out this year? Cause i would say StarCraft 2 deserved that. 10 years it took, and it was worth it.

But Sarah Kerrigan FTW!

Maxdoggy
12-13-2010, 12:42 PM
And was most anticipated game for what is coming out later, or what cam out this year? Cause i would say StarCraft 2 deserved that. 10 years it took, and it was worth it.

But Sarah Kerrigan FTW!

Definitely for next year, senor. Lmao.

Mi Boys Dinner
12-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Portal 2 hasn't come out yet Capone. Lmao.