PDA

View Full Version : So I'm getting a PS3 today...

Anarchy
06-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Gamestop has a fancy deal where I get a straight $50 gift card if I buy one, and I've always been planning on getting one as there are a few PS3 exclusives I want, and a lot coming out that I will want. I also got a job recently, so I have some extra cash from that and graduation. I've also wanted to play old PS1 games on it.

Any good PS3 exclusives I should look out for? I'm spending as little as possible, buying random $10 PS3 games I wanted to play when they came out years ago, but this will open up a new list of games for me to play.

Silko
06-06-2012, 12:04 PM
I personally hate Sony so I would never buy a single one of their products. If you enjoy it the more power to you but I would advise greatly against it

AftershocK
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
PS3?

RaZ Vader
06-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I used to own a PS3. Its ok. They have a few exclusives worth checking. Little Big Planet is one of the biggest. its actually a lot of fun. Another is the uncharted series and twisted metal. Other then that, the service and online experience doesn't compare to Microsoft in my opinion.

Rokkman X
06-06-2012, 12:38 PM
I had one, sold it. Get Little Big Planet 2, Uncharted, Infamous, those are really the only exclusives I can think of off the top of my head.

Lol beat me to the punch Raz. Demon's Souls is an excellent game.

VerbotenDonkey
06-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Warhawk was really good, but its old. Not sure if people still play it. MAG was really cool til people stopped playing it.

But seriously, Xbox is better.

Carpe Vexillum
06-06-2012, 01:14 PM
WoP's ...

PS3 is great, to add to the great games - Heavy Rain, Flower, Journey, Ect: I love my PS3, I still play my Xbox for Online purposes but a PS3 is great to have for those exclusives that you WILL be happy you played. If you haven't played them there is no opinion that matters lol.

I still put Xbox on top for online and variety, but PS3 still holds a firm place. Also you'll have to download and buy all your PS1 games for the PS3.

It is not backwards compatible. Just FYI. This is because they still have the PS2 on its loop.

Anyway, your choice but PS3 has quality on it, no matter what anyone says.

Maxdoggy
06-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Heavy Rain, Infamous, the Uncharted Series, Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, SOCOM and/or MAG, the Resistance Series, Killzone, and eventually: The Last of Us and Beyond.

Those are the games I can think of off the top of my head. I really enjoyed all of these games.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
http://youtu.be/7Olki4X-da4

LOL really though Little Big Planet is fun, God of War, etc...
The Resistance & Killzone games are ok for shooters, not as good as Halo though.

GAMEHEEL
06-06-2012, 03:16 PM
You guys forgot the best game on PS3 ...

Anarchy
06-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I obviously wont play it over XBOX. Any game that is multi-platform I'll buy for xbox, but as I said, some exclusives are enticing. That, and there are a few RPGs on the PS3 coming out I want to play.

I'm getting one of the older backwards compatible ones FYI. And buying old PS1 games is also enticing.

I doubt I'll ever play online on it.

Blackhawk570
06-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Just buy blue rays