PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day Battle Delay

Juggernaut9473
06-14-2012, 10:55 AM
well with fathers day this sunday, we have been told that there are a few people who wont be able to make it this sunday to the capital battles, so i want to ask you people if we should delay the battles or just proceed as planned

VerbotenDonkey
06-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Hm well I don't know how many people are out of school yet, but I'd say that pushing them back an hour could also be an option. Like I know I'll be late cause of Fathers Day.

Coda
06-14-2012, 11:11 AM
I'll be going downtown with my father. There's an event over there for that day. So, I will be quite late. I'd love to be there for the capital battle though

Salvanous
06-14-2012, 11:30 AM
We delayed for Mother's day (although maybe for other reasons than respect) I do believe we ought to delay for the Father's in our lives as well. I don't think anyone can give a strong claim to use continuing playing a battle on Father's day because we feel like we want to get it done, I say we spend the time with our fathers and once again have a mock battlenight or something.

Anarchy
06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
I say we battle on. But I'm understanding to others and their problems with this.

Salvanous
06-14-2012, 11:53 AM
I know I can make it, but I know I would have a bad taste in my mouth for neglecting father's day, specially since War starts at 5:00 my time, and that's usually when he comes home for me.

Choca Cola
06-14-2012, 12:18 PM
I know I will not be able to make it, as I will be gone spending time with my Father as well, cuz he has a lot of plans for this weekend. Even if it wasn't Father's Day I wouldn't have been able to make it.

Blackhawk570
06-14-2012, 12:26 PM
I would still like to see a battle this Sunday if it gets delayed. Even if it is pushed back an hour or two.

Reaper
06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Their really should be a week delay.

Deathhawk
06-14-2012, 02:14 PM
I want there to be full numbers for the Capital battle, so I think we should delay.

Even though I personally would be able to attend and want to get the ball rolling.

Fuzzy
06-14-2012, 02:16 PM
I would still like to see a battle this Sunday if it gets delayed. Even if it is pushed back an hour or two.

If we do not have a delay we would not be pushing it back an hour or two as it is a Capital Battle and would be operating potentially longer than a general battle plus are normal battles have been lasting for 3-4 hours lately and if the Capital Battle was to be pushed back an hour or two the ending time would be around 10:00-11:00...

Are only two courses of action is to continue as planned or delay a week.

silversleek
06-14-2012, 03:05 PM
delay.

Link2Halo
06-14-2012, 04:06 PM
delay

Rymt
06-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Hm well I don't know how many people are out of school yet, but I'd say that pushing them back an hour could also be an option. Like I know I'll be late cause of Fathers Day.

I'm still not out of school... I won't be at this Sunday or next because of Exams...

Yehsus
06-14-2012, 04:31 PM
I think we should push it back a week. Give Blue some more prep time, and I'll get to spend an afternoon drinking beer with my old man. Win Win right there.

MedeDust
06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Well if REDD wants to forfeit that's fine.

Maxdoggy
06-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Well if REDD wants to forfeit that's fine.

If REDD wants to throw Tritan again, I'd be up for it.

bazongaman502
06-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Play this sunday at normal time... if you cant make it, you cant make it and we understand why. But if your just gonna be late thats fine as well... chances are when you get back the battles will be far from done.

Play on at normal time is my suggestion.

iFurrious
06-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Play this sunday at normal time... if you cant make it, you cant make it and we understand why. But if your just gonna be late thats fine as well... chances are when you get back the battles will be far from done.

Play on at normal time is my suggestion.

I would say this as well if it was a normal battle night. But its a Capital battle. I say because of that, move it back a week just so we can make sure that the numbers are up for the battle. Plus it would give everyone an extra week of practice.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
06-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Personally I can make it this Sunday, but I've had 4 friends tell me that they cannot. I believe a battle as important as this one should have a little extra preparation time anyways. I say delay until next week.

Anarchy
06-14-2012, 08:35 PM
There are always reasons keeping people from attending on Sundays. This week it's father's day, next week it's work for some, the week after maybe people have other plans.

To me, it's understandable if you don't make it, but the main reason we rescheduled on mother's day was for a lack of BLUE numbers. Then when we had the mock battle night, on mother's day, BLUE had a turnout of like 25 people.

If we want to delay it, fine, but it truly wont affect much of anything other than making this drag on.

VerbotenDonkey
06-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Id rather not have a Capital battle with only 50% attendance >_>

Anarchy
06-14-2012, 09:22 PM
I highly doubt the attendance will be 50% of what it normally is, rofl.

Coda
06-14-2012, 10:17 PM
The battle definitely could go on. However, I think it would be best if we did move it to next week. Much more people would show up. We want max attendance on such a big night. I understand why either decision would be made. I hope that everyone has fun, and good luck to all (mostly REDD)

Silko
06-14-2012, 11:10 PM
I think we should not have battles at all this week but thats just me

Ichyban
06-14-2012, 11:30 PM
I think we should postpone the battle i realize that it is a very important big battle but it is Fathers Day. In my family these kind of days the family should stay together. aka i am forbidden to go down stairs to play xbox lol

Ronglar
06-15-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm the side of the delay. Lets do the capital battle next week when both armies are in tip-top condition.

Reaper
06-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Do we really want to say that we spent what might be the last halo reach war with at least half our people unable to attend?

OPOC1L1PSE
06-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I want to change my vote to delay. We are recieving new members in both armies that should have time tto break in...

Anarchy
06-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Battle will be delayed into next week.

Blackhawk570
06-15-2012, 11:51 PM
I have two dads so this Father's day I have to work extra hard.

SuRroundeD By 1
06-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Personally . . . I prolly won't be able to attend this Sunday.

I also believe that since this is a holiday that we should get the week off. Plus, we got mothers day off, it shouldn't hurt so much to give the dads some respect.

But we'll see what happens.

bazongaman502
06-16-2012, 12:58 AM
(✌゚∀゚)☞ or we allow the father to play on sunday for us

I think that would be more special

Blackhawk570
06-16-2012, 01:01 AM
I also believe that since this is a holiday that we should get the week off. Plus, we got mothers day off, it shouldn't hurt so much to give the dads some respect.

That isn't the reason why we had Mother's Day off. Blue was lacking numbers that week and had to forfeit on the second map. Then Blue got Sparta. It was just a coincidence that it was Mother's Day.

SuRroundeD By 1
06-16-2012, 09:15 AM
That isn't the reason why we had Mother's Day off. Blue was lacking numbers that week and had to forfeit on the second map. Then Blue got Sparta. It was just a coincidence that it was Mother's Day.

Regardless we should get days like those off . . . or at least in my opinion. Although up on top of the forums it already looks like they have been postponed.

Seriously though, mothers and fathers day are supposed to be their day, and it should be. It should be the day that we all get up off our lazy posteriors and stretch our thumbs long enough to say thanks to mom and dad for making us . . . Then we should spend the day with them ya know? Just my opinion.

Reaper
06-16-2012, 11:37 AM

you do realize that now BOTH sides are going to be lacking numbers and you want us to just continue?

bazongaman502
06-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Have Mothers day/Fathers day battles canceled to celebrate and thank our parents.

September 11th is played yet that day is a day to think back about a day that "did in fact" change the worlds input about each other.

Birthdays that fall on battle night are played, yet you are celebrating the day you made another sucessful trip around the sun.

May 1st (possible) battles are played, however should be cancelled because American (which is more then 50% of this community) history had a new page written.

I can continue this, it just doesnt make sence to cancel these. What about the people who dont have mothers or fathers in their lives anymore and wanted to fight that day?... and also, the pole is closed, however its 23 to 21... thats to close to make a judgment like that.

But again, im not fighting this war, so it really doesnt effect me, you guys do what you want :)

Graycochea
06-19-2012, 02:47 AM
This situation actually turned out to be a good idea. My parents dragged my downstairs to eat dinner at "the table" with "the family". I was taken mid mock battle night. In retrospect, I voted... wrong.