PDA

View Full Version : Inclement Weather (Battles Delayed)

Mythonian
06-16-2012, 01:27 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/lawl/volcanoweatherexploredi.j pg

Inclement Weather Report

Imperial Forces bogged down by extreme weather!

With Imperial forces holding an advantage throughout recent weeks in this current conflict on Reach, they have finally launched an all-out offense on BLUE's current headquarters on Reach, a territory designated as Tritan.

As REDD forces approached the Brotherhood base earlier this morning, weather in the area took a sudden and unexpected turn. Imperial forces have struggled to find shelter from the torrential downpours, and all forward progress has been ceased.

With mud- and rock-slides covering roads, bridges collapsing, and the overall terrain unable to be safely traversed, the majority of REDD troops have retreated to safety until the worst has passed.

Brotherhood troops remain entrenched on Tritan, determined to defend the ground-based MAC cannon, which is the final remaining one preventing an orbital bombardment on the BLUE headquarters.

During this lapse in active hostilities, Imperial forces continue to stockpile supplies and prepare for a major offensive once the weather clears, hoping to finally secure the planet, while Brotherhood forces further entrench themselves on Tritan, looking for an opportunity to retaliate and repel the Imperials off of Reach for a fourth time.

Once the weather has cleared in a few days, REDD troops will once again march on Tritan, while BLUE troops continue preparing. Will this delay be enough to allow BLUE a victory to continue this war, or shall the Imperial war-machine finally plant a REDD flag on Reach?

Capital Battle on Tritan for Sunday, 06/17/12 at 6:00 PM EST has been moved back to the following Sunday, 06/24/12, at 6:00 PM EST.

Celebrate your Fathers Day with your family and relax a bit. We'll still have a game night and/or scrimmage if you guys still show up, though.

VerbotenDonkey
06-16-2012, 01:33 AM
If only we still had a news reporter to report this kind of stuff. COUGH COUGH. =P

Glad we postponed battles though. I'd hate for people to miss such an important event. Enjoy Fathers Day FC. I know I have stuff planned.

Fuzzy
06-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Sorry for any fuzzy storms I may have caused, I take no responsibility for any damaged property or people...

SuRroundeD By 1
06-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Woah Myth . . . what's that picture of? Lightning in a tornado?

Mythonian
06-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Woah Myth . . . what's that picture of? Lightning in a tornado?

Yep. :)

Ronglar
06-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Nice job Myth, you always dos a good job with these. =)

Carpe Vexillum
06-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Damn bear rain flooding everything.

Acid
06-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Even though a the pounding weather has stopped the Red Army's forces from staging their attack upon the Blue defense at Tritan, a rouge retired veteran by the name of Acid has delved head first into the storm. After a night of making his way through the horrid weather and crazed winds, he finally made it to the outside perimeter of the encamped Blues. He then crept his way through brush and grass into the Blue defenses and commence the slaughter.
_________________________ ______________

Reports from Tritan say that half of the Blue forces stationed there have been wiped out. Reports from many Blue soldiers say they saw a Spartan wearing older armor from a war gone by. They say his armor is Red, some say with the blood of his enemies, and that you can see his one good eye through a crack in his helmet. They say his eye glows red with hatred towards the Blue Army. Many claim that they saw a Colonel's insignia on his shoulder pads, others say that he is just a crazed soldier who deserted his Army.

silversleek
06-16-2012, 11:58 AM
If only we still had a news reporter to report this kind of stuff. COUGH COUGH. =P

^

mr craig, wake up, and, smell the ashes.

Vestige
06-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Don't worry REDD, once the storm passes; you will be air lifted in. That includes Orbital Drops. Stand by.

Gargoyle
06-16-2012, 02:08 PM
So we delayed the battles seriously a day before Sunday?

Doesn't anyone own a calender?

MedeDust
06-17-2012, 12:45 AM
So a storm so bad it destroys bridges and detains the so called powerful army from an invasion, yet, no casualties for the invading forces who could not find shelter. Hackers.

Mythonian
06-17-2012, 05:32 PM
So a storm so bad it destroys bridges and detains the so called powerful army from an invasion, yet, no casualties for the invading forces who could not find shelter. Hackers.

Continual rain can easily cause rockslides or mudslides, which can block roads or paths. Additionally, this combined with flooded rivers and such can easily take out bridges, or make them too dangerous to try crossing.

However, in order for a Spartan to be killed they'd need to be insanely stupid and put themselves at an obvious risk. Our troops are better trained than that, and so we did not allow any of our forces to go MIA.

Blackhawk570
06-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Continual rain can easily cause rockslides or mudslides, which can block roads or paths. Additionally, this combined with flooded rivers and such can easily take out bridges, or make them too dangerous to try crossing.

However, in order for a Spartan to be killed they'd need to be insanely stupid and put themselves at an obvious risk. Our troops are better trained than that, and so we did not allow any of our forces to go MIA.

Accidents always happen on the battlefield.

Mythonian
06-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Accidents always happen on the battlefield.

Maybe for BLUE. :)

Maxdoggy
06-17-2012, 06:36 PM

You're talking about the BLUE Army, right? REDD is basically the old BLUE, remember? :P

"You took the hamburger patty out of the sandwich of awesome, dammit!" - Kuhblam

Daaaah Whoosh
06-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Oh, thank the Forerunners, I just got home, and I thought I missed the battles.
Happy Father's Day everyone.

Gargoyle
06-17-2012, 08:47 PM
No worries, was a bit late notice >.>

Silko
06-17-2012, 08:56 PM
You're talking about the BLUE Army, right? REDD is basically the old BLUE, remember? :P

"You took the hamburger patty out of the sandwich of awesome, dammit!" - Kuhblam

Max I'll take that as a compliment.

Mythonian
06-17-2012, 11:44 PM

Not quite.

I think by "old BLUE" you mean "Skynet's Army," which was formed during the Beta War. They went to REDD due to my presence, and have cut all ties with the Brotherhood, for whom they were effectively only mercenaries. Since they were never true Exiles, they cannot be considered as BLUE forces.

Well, considering that I was the chef who put that sandwich together, I felt entitled to remove the patty and put it into another sandwich, which will forever be known as the Sandwich of More Awesome.

*cough*
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/lawl/imagesqtbnANd9GcR22Mmu0ZA GE9alC_0vi.jpg

Maxdoggy
06-18-2012, 05:01 PM
My turn would involve things that others would take as "flaming". Because of such, I shall not make the necessary reply to your kind retort.

Keep it classy, FC. :thumbs up:

silversleek
06-18-2012, 08:57 PM
My turn would involve things that others would take as "flaming". Because of such, I shall not make the necessary reply to your kind retort.

Keep it classy, FC. :thumbs up:

boo class! let's get wasted instead.

Gargoyle
06-18-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm with him!

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
06-18-2012, 10:03 PM
I'll 3rd that motion.

Graycochea
06-19-2012, 12:10 AM
4th?

MedeDust