PDA

View Full Version : Halo Waypoint Custom Challenges

SuRroundeD By 1
06-21-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't know how many of you know this, but if you use your account on Waypoint you can create your own custom Challenges (which DO reward you with credits). You can also invite friends to do these challenges but they can only see them if they check for them on their custom challenges page.

Custom Challenges include: Campaign challenges, Multiplayer Matchmaking challenges, Firefight challenges and Custom Game challenges (although the Customs don't reward nearly as much as the others).

I haven't experimented with the Campaign or Firefight challenges but I know that there are four different types of MM challenges to choose from:

- Kills
- Headshots
- Wins
- Medals

I have three going right now (I didn't invite anyone else to do them, sorry).

1) The Reaper (You get to name them btw :D) - 200 Kills, 24 Hours to try, and 4715 cR reward.
2) Winning . . . - 15 Wins, 24 Hours to try, 3536 cR reward.
3) Paint the walls red - 100 Headshots, 24 Hours to try, 4715 cR reward.

Link for proof (if it will let you enter the page): http://halo.xbox.com/en-US/Career/haloreach/Challenges

This feature will most likely also be in Halo 4, so what do ya say guys? Let's help eachother rank up :)

VerbotenDonkey
06-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Do you get to pick how much cR reward is?

Ex Zen Mute
06-21-2012, 11:14 PM
No Donkey. It is calculated by the system.

SuRroundeD By 1
06-21-2012, 11:22 PM
No Donkey. It is calculated by the system.

Yeah haha, it would get a little out of hand if you were able to choose the reward yourself. I'm sure 343i doesn't want you gaining 20,000 cR for getting 50 kills . . .

VerbotenDonkey
06-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Yeah haha, it would get a little out of hand if you were able to choose the reward yourself. I'm sure 343i doesn't want you gaining 20,000 cR for getting 50 kills . . .

Well no, I figured there would be a cR cap, however, those challenges are ridiculously more difficult than 343's challenges, and for about the same reward. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me ..

SuRroundeD By 1
06-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Well no, I figured there would be a cR cap, however, those challenges are ridiculously more difficult than 343's challenges, and for about the same reward. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me ..

You can choose how much you need to do for each challenge. I can choose as many kills as I want for the killing challenge.

They really aren't ridiculous though. The challenge today for getting 100 kills was around 2000, I only put it up to 200 and it's still double the reward.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
06-22-2012, 12:12 AM
I think I made a thread about this a while ago? Maybe not I cant remember. I really dont worry about challenges anymore cause I know I'm going to hit inheritor before Halo 4.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
06-22-2012, 12:19 AM
My bad, apparently I never did. Anyways I do hope they make the custom challenge system better for Halo 4. I don't like the fact that you have to go back to waypoint to turn in the challenge.

SuRroundeD By 1
06-22-2012, 12:45 AM
My bad, apparently I never did. Anyways I do hope they make the custom challenge system better for Halo 4. I don't like the fact that you have to go back to waypoint to turn in the challenge.

Oh, thanks for telling me that haha, I didn't know that I had to turn them in, thanks for the warning.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
06-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Yea it took me like 7 challenges to figure that out. I failed even the most simple challenges because I didn't know you had to return to waypoint to submit the challenge.

Choca Cola
06-22-2012, 01:17 AM
With the amount of credits you earn, I don't really bother with them, except as in-game Rewards during Events that I host.