PDA

View Full Version : FC War 4 Feedback

Spartanbh
06-24-2012, 11:32 PM
First off, I'd like to congratulate REDD Army on their first win on HALO: Reach! Congrats to all of you and your hard work. Also, congrats to BLUE for fighting till the last man.

So, now down to business. I'd just like some mature personal feedback from every person in the war. I'd like to know what your opinions were on the whole scheme of things. Obviously OPERATION FIRESTORM was not as successful as we would have liked, but at least this war went smoothly and it seemed (from at least our view) that most people had fun. I'm going to create a post format that I'd like everyone to complete. Please, keep it mature, don't start flame wars, and be respectful to everyone. So without further adieu, here is the format that you can copypasta and fill out:

1. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), how would you rate the entire war as a whole? Elaborate.

2. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), how would you rate the level of FUN that you had in battles? Elaborate.

3. What was your favorite part of the war?

4. What part of the war did you like least?

5. How would you describe the balance in skill between armies?

6. What would you like to see changed gametype-wise in the wars (I.E. Loadouts, armor abilities, maps, weapons, vehicles, forging in general).

7. What would be things you would like to see changed in Forerunner Conflict as a community?

8. War part aside, how would you rate Forerunner Conflict as a community?

9. Did you find this war to be a good way to make new friends? Did you make a lot of new friends?

10. Was there a lot of interaction between everyone in the army?

11. All in all, did you enjoy this war? Were you disappointed with anything?

Thanks guys! Your input is important!

Anarchy
06-24-2012, 11:41 PM
1. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), how would you rate the entire war as a whole? Elaborate.

2. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), how would you rate the level of FUN that you had in battles? Elaborate.

Virtually building an army and watching it grow and thrive in BLUE

Firestorm and WC

Better than most wars, but it's a bit disheartening that we had to build our skill and power while theirs was mainly via transfers.

6. What would you like to see changed gametype-wise in the wars (I.E. Loadouts, armor abilities, maps, weapons, vehicles, forging in general).
Forced gametype amounts to attack capitals get annoying IMO.

7. What would be things you would like to see changed in Forerunner Conflict as a community?
--

?

9. Did you find this war to be a good way to make new friends? Did you make a lot of new friends?
?

yes?

Yes?

bazongaman502
06-24-2012, 11:56 PM

Id give the War an 8. It started really bad (Firestorm issues), however we all worked together and got things back in good motion. Reason for the 8 rather then 10 is because sadly REDD had to get the WC involved in solving some of the inbalance issues.

10. Games were alot of fun, people laughed and had a great time. Sure there were lag issues, however we have to understand not every game will be perfect.

REDD Winning :P In all seriousness, id have to say the whole damn thing. Both sides worked hard and assisted each other as much as the could. <--- Thats a community

How Firestorm was recieved. I liked the idea, however i didnt like how it was dropped on us. Make it a gradual deal, not a sudden BAM! it happend because we said so :/

First part, it was terrible. Second part, it was great. REDD got assistance and it really helped. Wish however, the WC didnt have to get involved and could have been settled by ourselfs.

Maps. Tritan is a key one. BLUE has quick access to the falcon (exactly why Archangel decided to just destroy it rather then use it). REDD spawns really close to where Hill 30 is. REDD has way to much cover when it comes to planting bomb, BLUE is in the wide open. BLUE base appears to be closer to the main building, while REDDs seems further. Theres alot of issues about balancing on every map, and some cant be fixed. They just need to really be thought about.

I really dont want to see much of anything changed. We have changed enough as is for right now. We are showing we ARE a community and not two different groups sharing a website. If anything, figure a way to increase website activity.

10. Out of the year iv been here, i have watched FC grow. Beta War was alot of fun, however had massive issues as the community. From there is whent up.

Yes. Actually every war is that way. Even more when new recruits join and its your job to make sure they have a blast while here. Because they are the future of FC. Without them, the vets will leave, and the remaining will either walk away as well or just not care.

Durring the fights themself, its been great. On the website? meh, it could be alot better. However, like i said, every war FC has changed for the positive.

This was a great War. My 2nd favorite by far. Only thing i was dissapointed was how REDD had to get help from the WC. But hey, we are a community, the battle nights are just a key part to what we do. Its also key part is Halo Fans having a place to have fun and meet new people. Without FC i wouldnt have meet, Carpe, UNLUCKY, Chill, Myth, RaZ, Juggs, Aftershock, Guzzie, etc. We can say "FC is a community, not a friends list". But thats not true. FC becomes our "Friends List".

Sicarioano
06-25-2012, 12:01 AM

Meeting new people and making new friends.

The maps and they way they were played.

Same throughout.

New sets of maps and voting on which ones get put in and possibly more selection +more DLC maps.

Eh none.

Good.

Yes rofl

Oh yes, more than I had expected.

Yes it was enjoyable, nothing really disappointed me except that constant use of Ambush and no selection of 'fun' gametypes, it was always S.S.D.D.

SuRroundeD By 1
06-25-2012, 01:00 AM

8, the war was very close and it had it's moments, I kind of wish that we (the Resistance) didn't have to switch to balance out the armies.

Varied. Average of 8 per battle night.

Winning. The occupation game that we won today was exceptionally fun.

Having to switch between armies to keep things balanced.

REDD still has a slight advantage in my opinion, but nothing that could truly offset a war.

I'd like to see a Heavies gametype that could only be played on 8v8 maps.

Nothing really.

Awesome, everyone is usually friendly.

Well I've been here for a year now so I've made friends with . . . almost everyone haha.

Plenty.

This question is a bit repetitive, BUT yes I enjoyed the war, I was only disappointed with Operation Firestorm, but that died down.

Silko
06-25-2012, 01:22 AM

8. It was a very fun war once the armies where stable. However it is the rocky start that bothered me the most about this war

10. There where several battles that where some of the best battles I have had in my entire career here in FC. From tonight's Game 15 to past battles with Aeneas that where so neck to neck that 1 point won the game.

The battles and Resistance Company becoming such a tight knit unit.

Operation Firestorm. My opinion of Op Firestorm is very well known and I won't go into those.

For the most part they are balanced but it is very clear REDD does have the advantage in both numbers and skill. However a lot of that came down to who showed up, so it is a correctable issue that I am positive that it will be handled correctly.

The maps where balanced and the load outs are good. I love 8v8 battles but at times those really slowed down battle nights. Hopefully over peace time the armies will get bigger and that won't be an issue

I feel the community for the most part has healed from the fractured state it was left in after the aftermath of Op Firestorm. However I would like to see the two armies interact with one another a little bit more like they did pre Op Firestorm

8 Good but not perfect

Yes. While a lot of Resistance was the old Officer Core and my old Company back in BLUE we made new friends along the way and I got to meet the army of the Empire without trying to kill them.

Yes.

Yes I did enjoy this war. I was disappointed about the start of the war.

Ex Zen Mute
06-25-2012, 08:10 AM

8 at start, downgrade to 4 after REDD HC up and left causing stupid things.

2. I lost all meaning of fun to this. Every time I got on, It felt like a chore. Always fighting the same kind of people over and over.

N/A

The maps and gametype edits. I would rather play more vanilla then that we have. Start people off with ARs and Magnums and choice of AAs.

All I can say is, REDD FM wanted to win and always through a team that was either matching or above the skill level of the BLUE team. I don't mind playing those everyone once in a while, but every game?

More Vanilla. Keep some game types we have. Have a forge committee darn it. I don't like it that one guy puts forth all changes.

A WC that gives up after a change "for the better" is implemented is something I would like to see gone. I would rather ave a truly neutral WC than one that can force transfers.

I already know most of the people so, no.

Eh. N/A

No. Yes, the drama from the first REDD HC causing idiotic ideas.

Link2Halo
06-25-2012, 11:06 AM
8- To me when I was in the matches I was in I had a good amount of wins and losses so at least to me it was fairly balanced and fun.

9 Overall very fun, there is occasional lag and the game where you get pounded on but overall fun.

REDD winning the last battle I played which won the war was so much fun it was fun, organized and most importantly it was close. By that I mean we won the match in the last 30 seconds.

The imbalance at the beggining due to Operation Firestorm and the disband of most of REDD HC afterwords.

REDD has a slight advantage but nothing that couldn't be fixed easily.

I would like to see more urban maps implemented in the wars.

Nothing

Out of ten, eight but that's only because of occasional hiccups which are usually resolved with in a week.

Yes I've probably played with all of REDDWATCH by now and half of them I didn't even know their gamertags.

Yes

Yes I enjoyed the war and nothing disappointed me.

Spartanbh
06-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks for your input guys! Lets keep the feedback coming!

King_Nielsen
06-25-2012, 11:13 PM

Seeing as I came in towards the end of the war, I'd give it a solid 7. I still don't have too good of an idea how things work, but it was a great experience and a breath of fresh air.

8. I had a blast acting as a mercenary for a good 4 weeks.

Favorite part of the war was getting to know an entirely new community, and makign some friends along the way.

Downtime between matches / inactivity of members between battle nights

This is hard to say. I've lost as many games as I've won, so I'd say its even based on that, but there are players who are significantly above the rest.

Oh man here it comes...
Strictly looking at the balance side of things, evade needs to go. It essentially puts you into an unhittable ball moving in any direction you so choose, 2 attempts in a row. A sprint default with DMR / AR starts is ideal for large scale battles, as AR starts and pistols does not promote team work / team shooting at all. Evade should be used essentially as a power weapon, to be picked up on the map. Reduced bloom is fine. I prefer zero bloom, but for 8v8 it would discourage map movement which is understandable. Vehicles are fine the way they are. I saw no problems with weapons as well. Maps at times could get extremely frustrating with screen lag. I understand it is important to make a map look pretty, but in doing so the overally gameplay suffers. On tritan, using a scope on any wepon whilst looking towards the main building created a ton of screen lag and tear. Overall balancing of the maps is hard, but I felt that many maps suffered from imbalances.
It is also important to note that some maps were definitely not suitable for gametypes that were played on those maps most maps should be gametype specific and although I realize it would conflict with the general workings of taking over a map, its not fun to stalemate a map over and over again. The 15 minute timer / no limit on caps and kills is fine.

Since I'm on the newer side, I'll refrain from commenting here.

Yes and yes.

No.

Yes, however I was dissapointed in the lack of members interacting with eachoter. The only person I play with on a regular basis is unlucky number, I hardly know anyone else, what I'm supposed to be doing, etc.

Gargoyle
06-25-2012, 11:18 PM
8. The end of the war was great. Extreme high activity on both armies and plain out dog fights for each and ever map fought over. The beginning of the war was a huge "holding of the breath" for Redd. I'm of course just gonna agree with Bazonga and leave it at that since we all know. No one wanted another month long Blue domination.

7. Ash has a point in his #2, but you can't really help playing against the same people over again. It's kinda a problem that can't really be fixed. However, FC has been doing great by making more events and actually being a great community. It's a great start but we definitely need more events across even more different games than just Halo.

Yet to happen. Ghosthammer hasn't made his video yet ;)

Capitals only accessible to attack by a certain number of gametype wins. Spreading gametype wins out was a good idea by WC to ensure a war has at least a decent amount of time and not another month long war just in case. Good intentions, bad idea honestly. One map (can't remember which) was all sabotage because Redd needed sabotage wins. Spamming of gametypes, playing too many of the same ones, not that fun.

Rating it splitting 100/100 in FC
- 70% Redd
- 30 Blue
I say that because 1. Obviously Redd gets a bit of a boost for winning the war 2. Redd has more of the experience like it pretty much always has. Much of blue is new. A bit of aging for Blue and I definitely think Blue will get only better in the months to come.

Elites. Elites. Elites. Elites.
Aside. I'd like to see bigger battles. Feel like a war. Get some large scale battles chucked with weapons, vehicles, and a well developed and active in time and activity for a forge department.

Active WC. Maybe some hints on Halo 4 FC?

8.5/10

Majority of people I knew in Redd were there for a while, although it was actually great to get to play with Resistance. I really promote switching large companies between armies for the communitive aspect.

Fairly successful amount.

I did enjoy the war. The start was terrible, but quickly fixed itself.

MedeDust
06-25-2012, 11:21 PM
6 It didn't feel like a war.

10 I only played in 2

The meetings.

OP Firestorm

Unbalanced

I want to see something more war-like

The forum skin.

Not for me but I'm sure for other people.

I think so.

I was disappointed that I had no time to play.

Ichyban
06-26-2012, 04:22 AM

i thought it was a 8. dont get me wrongi it was a great war just could have been a little more organized due to the mothers day and fathers day and the "natural disaster" that had ocoured.

10 all the way. it was a blast to fight with my fellow redd and with the blues

It would have to be the victory of course, and me flying acrcoss the map at mock speed in a warhog due to lagg lol

the equipment on wear it was placed. and also id have to say the time i had to wait for my bootcamp. but it was all fun.

from the games i played in i fealt that the teams were slightly stacked on the blue side. and from what i noticed blue seems to have quite a few clans in there. im not sure about redd though.

i would like to see the weapon placement change a little. and i have a sujetion for the tritant map, take out the ghost because from when i was using it and others there is no point to use it because its close combat most of the time or long range. there is hardly any mid ranged combat and a ghost needs room to manuver.

just like to see people a little more active. i keep seeing the same people onlne like myself bazonga unlucky verboten and coda and others. but its always the same people

not entierly but i would consider it to be a community

yes i did because my friends list went from 62 friends too 93 friends lol

yes there was in my opinion. though the time discrepences do somtimes get in the way

i did very much enjoy the war i dont have any disappointments.

RaZ Vader
06-26-2012, 06:17 AM
Just looking through one of the things Gargoyle said. What do you mean Active War Council? The WC consists of the Field Marshals, Generals, and either the Founder and/or Forerunner. Do they not seem around as much as you would like?

Can you elaborate on that?

Gargoyle
06-26-2012, 12:08 PM
When I said active WC, I meant active toward the whole community. WC has almost always been to themselves. I know a lot of people who kinda fear/look down on WC for no good reason. So it'd be nice to have more interaction with the community like you do by joining the war. But the other thing I meant was the fact that things aren't really shared out of the WC. It'd be nice to hear things talked about in WC meetings, plans/hopes for the community, you know, that kinda stuff.

RaZ Vader
06-26-2012, 12:12 PM
When I said active WC, I meant active toward the whole community. WC has almost always been to themselves. I know a lot of people who kinda fear/look down on WC for no good reason. So it'd be nice to have more interaction with the community like you do by joining the war. But the other thing I meant was the fact that things aren't really shared out of the WC. It'd be nice to hear things talked about in WC meetings, plans/hopes for the community, you know, that kinda stuff.

We cant have everyone state opinions on matters we decide. But when we need community opinions we always post a poll, or do things like spartan did here.

You realize that the WC is majority army leaders? So they are already a part of the community. And now I re-joined an army so I am back getting to know more people slowly, but surly.

Spartanbh
06-26-2012, 08:19 PM
MORE FEEDBACK PLEASE

Raider0614
06-27-2012, 08:56 PM

I'd rate the war an 8. The close matches and balanced gameplay finally made battle nights fun and appealing. Balancing armies should always be a priority if the community wants to keep active members and provide fresh experiences. The revolution that REDD High Com began was a cause that should have been enacted MUCH earlier instead of midwar.

Seven. I enjoy teamwork and it has been great working with new faces like the REDWATCH, Resistance, and any other blue transfers but maybe next war we can cooperate more often.

Leading the REDWATCH into a final and decisive victory on Tritan. Thank you my brave troops and Raining Stacks for your tactical input. Oh and honorable mentions to Unlucky and Panic for giving Mr. Miyagi-esque wisodm. Much love =P

Beginning with imbalance.

First of all, there has been a big, significant improvement. I think BLUE needs more troops but i'd say we are on the right track.

Personally, i'd like to see more battlefield-esque maps and less DLC maps because using DLC seemed unfit to me since that would mean excluding a portion of the community from Battle Nights. I'm fine with the gametypes as they are now. A Heavy gametype would be interesting.

I think we should have more community polls on matters that WC would decide. Whichever idea you take, the effective result of the community's voice should be improved.

I'd say great but more community game nights and polls would be nice.

Definitely.

I feel as if there wasn't enough interaction as there should be but that's always an issue one's self can improve.

I'm satisfied. Censorship on various matters was an issue in the beginning of the war which i personally think is ridiculous in a community where everybody should be entitled to expression and information but controversies on censorship aside, i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Spartanbh
06-27-2012, 09:30 PM
CAN WE GET SOME MORE FEEDBACKK PLEASE

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
06-27-2012, 10:15 PM
8, nothing is ever perfect, but i will tell you that this is the greatest war I have ever been a part of. I feel that there are still some balancing and numbers issues. But if both armies and the WC work together hopefully it will never get as bad as last war.

8, I had a lot of fun when I did play (which wasn't much). Although I know a lot of others didn't have fun in games where 1 unit completely stomped on the other.

Finally seeing REDD get a win, I've been working for this ever since I first joined. And I know a lot of others worked just as hard, it's finally nice to see some results.

I'd like to see each army have a bigger variety of fully active units. I think BLUE only had 2.

REDD is in a better state than they were last war but BLUE still put up a good fight. the skill between the 2 armies is pretty close although I know it won't last forever, I'd like to see it stay balanced (or even more so) for as long as possible.

I think it's pretty good the way it is. I'd like to see a little more variety in the maps, more armor abilities spread throughout them. Also I'd like to see Neutral bomb/flag games return.

I want more vets to listen to newer members and not be so disrespectful. (Not naming any names) I think this thread is a fantastic idea Spartan and I want to see more stuff like this. your time in this wonderful community shouldn't matter, sometimes a newer view on things is a good thing even if it's not what we need or want.

9, I think the only problem is membership. We are a community, so I'd like to see our membership as big as other gaming communities. We need to hold onto newer members. I think each army should hold onto recruits a lot better. Hell maybe we could start up universal bootcamps again? Also I'd like to see more weekly events other than the battles. I am a big fan of the LARP but it doesn't seem to be as big as when it first began. I want more stuff like that.

yea, I made a lot of new friends both REDD & BLUE. My friends list it too damn full now. And I plan on making a lot more next war.

It could have been better, there's still some clicks in REDD I'd like to see mix more but overall it's a smooth running army.

All in all, best war of my career.

Dr Gusta
06-28-2012, 12:16 PM
First I'd like to let you know I'm only posting Because You said you wanted Privates to write as well and didn't think It would really matter what I said at this point, especially since I litterly only got to do one battle that being the Capital battle.
So for My one game I'd rate it a 10 because I can't say anything bad about things that I don't know

10, because I was placed with some of my friends that I joined with and we won the 3 games we played together that night.

I can't say much about this war hopefully I can say much more on the next.

can't say anything bad

Based on that night only it seems REDD has a Little advantage by skill just cuz before I fought during the capital battle, I played against Fuzzy and his group and we lost that game by like 10 kills and after that It didn't feel as close against some of the BLUE's that night, but then again we only played objective games and we did only win a Flag game by one point, so maybe when I see more of the BLUE's I can make better judgements on this

I haven't played all the gametypes yet so I have no comments

I'd say listen to the people who care about this community I can tell there is a lot just by reading this thread.

10, I didn't feel any type of way by both REDD and BLUE everyone treated me well.

I definatley made more friends, I just need to talk with everyone more.

My source of Interation since I just joined was from El Knuckles, and Fuzzy. Everyone Else I pretty much met that Night.

Best First...Last..Battle I had so far in the Time i've served in this community.

XxClearSh0txX
06-28-2012, 04:31 PM
8. Not perfect, but better than the previous 2 one-sided wars.

9. It was occasionally frustrating, but the teams were normally even and the games often close.

Seeing the players in my company improve by leaps and bounds. Nothing better than that.

When we lost Resistance and got 3 people in return, none of whom stayed past a week. The unbalance could have been handled much better, but as the war progressed and Blue improved it evened out fairly well.

When everyone shows up, it's very fair and fun. Redd is better overall, but not by so much that it's not fun.

There needs to be more attention payed to balancing maps. Maps like Metropolis shouldn't even be considered. It's great that it was removed, but it shouldn't have been there in the first place.

More interaction between Redd and Blue outside of the forums.

Amazing. I <3 FC. :)

Yes. I made a lot of new friends this war.

Yes. Even when we had specific company practices, they generally consisted of a mix of the two.

This was my favorite war so far. Definitely the most balanced one we've had on Reach, and seeing my company improve so much was a great feeling.

PanicPhan
06-28-2012, 05:36 PM
7. Though people seem to dislike what the HC did to force an evening of the armies, it saved the war. Had they not taken that stand we would have had another war like the previous one, and I rated the previous war as a 2 because I did not think the community was set to have it.

9. By far the most fun I have ever had in an FC war. Not just from games that we won, but we had Conflict losses by ONE POINT, conflict TIES, just all kinds of crazy games with close endings. Lots of fun being in those, and fun sending my guys in and listening to them after the games.

Roving and putting together second groups that still went in and competed. We were underdogs with that second unit a lot of times and we came through pretty solid, pulling a lot of wins. We all came together as a team throughout the week and helped each other get better too. Good stuff. My other favorite part was Ambush, but I think people know that.

I didn't like a lot of the maps, particularly on BLUE side. If we didn't have ambush...could you imagine trying to play conflict on campy reflection? ewww... Tritan was a nightmare as far as frame rates. Breakneck is corner-building campy too. Lots of 8v8 DLC too which can cause issues (I have them but some people don't)...like Ridgeline, Highlands.... Then again, people who know me know that I dislike A LOT of the Reach maps. I miss the good H3 maps (narrows, high ground for asym. objective, valhalla where it didn't look like a 5 year old threw some gray crap on hemorrage, the pit, blackout/lockout)

REDD ended up with a slight advantage but again we had some really close and crazy games. I think if BLUE had one more strong squad and both factions threw in a couple of average squads we'd be in business.

I don't like Conflict on asymetric. Then again, I don't like conflict. I think everyone should start sprint, AR, pistol. If you want a DMR, learn where it is during the week and pick it up. Stepping out and popping off DMR shots is just ridiculous, but you gotta do it because everyone else has it.

It's good, I think the amount of activity required to be successful is a little high due to the skilled players we have here. Sometimes running practices and being on enough to be prepared for battle night seems like a chore, and I know others feel the same. It would be nice if it were a little more relaxed in terms of skill. But hey, I guess these guys wanna bring it, so I'll do my best to prep everyone while I have time. Running practice for two hours a night twice a week is a lot on me though, not to mention posting recaps and filling everyone in who didn't make it. I don't know who has that kind of time outside of summer.

10. You guys are great, anybody I ever have any problems with...we can always work those out and it's never a big deal.

Sure I made quite a few having the groups all mixed up and working with a new unit, and also getting to rove and fill in with other groups while my group was deployed. We bonded pretty well as a team.

I'd say so. There are a few in BLUE that I don't really talk to, but I also have some friends in BLUE that play matchmaking with me. In the end, we're all FC.

Yes I did, I wish that the HC and WC didn't have to do what it did to make things right. We should do that ourselves so that it is not an issue.

Salvanous
06-29-2012, 12:36 AM

I would give the war an 8. The end of the war was really good, but some of the crap that happened in the very beginning of the war just left a bad taste in my mouth. One problem I continue to present is that the time of the war falls directly on the time that I eat, and it can be stressful to get to these events at times, if they were an hour later, I would feel better about them (keeping in mind I fully understand why we have them at that time, but I still need to voice my own thoughts)

7, it can be stressful taking care of a company of 40 members during events, and when you have so many people messaging you, and HC members messaging you to do things that you are already trying to do but you have so many things to do, that it can be VERY stressful. This next war we have a few changes that will make things better, so this isn't something overly concerning.

Working on improving my Company. I know that most people like to play their games and beat the other side up, but I personally like to work on making my company better and make them into more a community. I have so many fresh faces to FC in my company, and to get to see them come together, and to see them become part of the community and have fun is what I have loved best. In all reality, because some battles have been so intense, I have lost a couple people because of battles, and I am saddened by that, and even a bit angry towards the try hard attitude that some of us (even myself) place to heavily in our events.

I will continue to complain, and make it known how while I didn't have a problem with OP Firestorm directly, the events that followed in Ascension Company being formed I can not say any other way than Ascension got screwed over massively. I was a fresh leader to FC at the start of the war, and I was told that I could only choose only a handful of members to bring into my company, and the rest would be chosen by our colonel, and the few people I asked, decided to go with other company's being formed, which I completely understood UNTIL I found out later that the limit of less than 7 members you could choose was redacted, and anyone that I had hoped to lean on was already claimed by the other companies, when no one had notified me about the limit being removed. This lack of communication left Ascension Company with basically a lot of people who hadn't be picked, or were completely fresh members.

In continuation of that, as a fresh leader of a company, I was told that I would be getting a very competent XO to oversee me, and ensure that I was doing things correctly. The majority of Resistance Company was made up of old officers from BLUE, and it left for no one from BLUE that was capable of really helping me lead my company. I had asked a good 30% of the old leaders prior to OP Firestorm if they would please come over to help me lead a company, to ensure that I could rely on someone to help me with this bunch of fresh members, and they chose to instead enjoy themselves rather than really come and help in making sure that this company composed of a lot of fresh members stayed strong, and interested in FC. BLUE struggled to find an XO for me because those who were already in a company, had no interest in helping for either reasons of being bitter about Firestorm, or because they just had no interest in helping, either way, the people I was hoping would help let me down terribly. When BLUE found an XO for me, it was Anarchy, only for the High Commands to raise a fuss about Anarchy's group being too big, and unbalancing the sides (even though the limit had been removed) So he was literally my XO for less than a day, only for him to be forced back to REDD, only then to be brought back into BLUE, where by that time I had been given a XO who was not very active, and left me more concerned that he might do something, rather than me doing something accidentally. This XO left shortly because he was inactive, and BLUE was literally out of options to give me an XO, so I literally basically chose my own XO, even though in the beginning they had told me "We will be choosing for you, because we need someone who will make sure you do it right". This meant that from the start of Ascension, we had no chemistry as a group, we were for the majority very fresh, and we had an inexperienced officer, with a very inactive assisting officer. Ascension in every way got the short end of the stick in almost every deal we got.

When there were complaints that BLUE was beating REDD too badly, and Resistance switched places with Hellguard company, Hellguard's roster was to be merged with Ascension, and the CO and XO from that was supposed to help me with our squad.... Their entire company has been neglected, and when the CO and XO from that company knew that they were being absorbed by Ascension, they left the community, and the members we received from them was a large amount of inactives, and we probably got about 3 people out of that company in total when we should easily have gotten about 15, with the help of two more experienced officers. While we got this, REDD received Resistance, which was full of old officers, and people who were interested in the community. What was supposed to help Ascension greatly ended up just adding to my list of grievances in the fact that BLUE was screwed on this deal, and I had no more help than when I had started, expect for the help I had found myself.

You look to Ascension's leadership today, and it is the members of the company that aren't veterans of this community, but those who stepped up, and helped me make Ascension Company into something great. We went from being unable to win a single game, to finally improving to the point that we could beat what was considered BLUE's best squad. I hear people tell me "Salv, I was really concerned about your leadership in the beginning, but you found a system that worked and you made Ascension great" and I want to correct these people right here and now. Ascension was had every right to crawl up and die because those who I initially trusted to help did nothing, and the reason that Ascension can be considered anything now is because of the people that really stepped up and helped me make it into something, and a company that continued to stick with us even though we were the worst company and we had almost no chance of winning a game in the beginning. So be damned proud if you know that you are a reason that Ascension is what is it now.

Good, but look to the above if you want to see a large complaint to use getting there

I want to see less maps that give advantages to one side or the other. I can't claim to have seen many advantages for BLUE in the maps, however I am sure the REDD can tell you, but I do know I saw a good couple map constructions that left me scratching my head in trying to consider the maps even.

The thing I want to see changed most about our community is the semi MLG attitude we bring to our events. I know that sounds radical to put it that way, but I have seen CO's be smug that they have the better company, or the better squad, and I have heard enough "I want destroy them" too often, and before someone says "Well, that is BLUE" let me state that I have heard this from both sides in equal parts. I am not excited to see a community try to make god squads, and try to game the system to see better squads face off against lesser squads. (I look to both our HC's now in that issue).

I want to see a community where things are less about "being the best army" but more about being a COMMUNITY where we work towards seeing group, and individual improvements. I have seen squads look down on Ascension before, or after battles during Sundays and while it sucks we lose, I don't mind that as much, the fact that the other side tries to act superior, is what bugs the living hell out of me. The kind of community I want, is one where the other side goes "Okay, we whipped your asses, but here is how we did it, and this is what you can do to not have that happen again" and see those god squads really gives the newbie players a learning experience, not a vengeful, or even bitter taste in their mouths. Screw the fact that it isn't "War-Sim" I would much rather really feel happy about the progress of the community than put down, or be put down in that fashion. I hope that I can live up to what I say here, and I probably can't completely, but I will at the very least let these perspectives be seen.

I think we are a GREAT community in size, commitment, and diversity of events. When I came here I was really amazed with how vast, and how much there was to do here, and how welcome I was in a squad when I joined, and I still love that part of FC. There are some things like I have mentioned above that make me really frustrated with our community, but that doesn't mean I don't see what we do right, and there are a lot of things that I could only wish other communities did half as well.

Ascension is vastly made up of new people. I have made a lot of friends, and close friends through Ascension. Just this previous Wednesday, when I was practicing with one squad of Ascension I had a great time with the, but the other squads of Ascension were missed, and they make me look forward to our company practice coming up.

Yeah, but I wish there was more positive interaction between armies. I had so many situations where when both sides met, they put the other side down, or trash talked instead. There are people in this community like Verbotendonkey who EVERYONE should learn from, because while he and I are on different sides of the community, we both talk and enjoy to talk with the other. When I was fretting about Ascension's creation, I went to him as well, just to vent and to convey my frustration with the situation. The FC LARP may be the closest thing we have to a neutral interaction, and I wish we had more.

I have told you what I am happy and frusterated with in the above. I just hope that everyone that reads this understand that I love this community, I love my Company, and I understand we all make mistakes, I just wish we all made less mistakes, and that Ascension wasn't the one that had always gotten the short end of deal for so long.

VerbotenDonkey
06-29-2012, 01:47 AM
There are people in this community like Verbotendonkey who EVERYONE should learn from

Aww, you made me blush. <3

I'll fill this out tomorrow when I can think more clearly.