PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Shoutbox

Carpe Vexillum
06-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Can we please bring back this feature?

Whatever it costs I will be willing to donate that much every month. (Or whatever the billing schedule is.)

I think of course it will help communication and bring more faces into FC as most decent sized gaming websites have one.

I had tried to recruit someone and he was really put off at the fact that there was no shout box.

I know spoiled and it costs a lot because it gets used a lot, but that's a good thing.

I think it would be worth it for the community and am willing to pull out of my pocket for it if necessary.

Graycochea
06-26-2012, 07:41 PM
What's a shoutbox? Is it like a Chatbox?

OPOC1L1PSE
06-26-2012, 07:52 PM
:thumbsup:

Spartanbh
06-26-2012, 08:04 PM
I know spoiled and it costs a lot because it gets used a lot, but that's a good thing.

Yeah unfortunately if we wanted to add a chatbox, it's going to cost Metkil A LOT more because the site would need a much bigger bandwidth to be able to handle that amount of traffic. We would LOVE to have one, really we would...but unless A LOT more people decide to be very dedicated to FC and will pitch in a good amount, then it just can't happen. Remember, people will say they will give money, but normally that doesn't happen...

Coda
06-26-2012, 08:21 PM
That would be really great. But the cost would probably be too much. I'd love to pitch in... But I can't afford it

Carpe Vexillum
06-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Yeah unfortunately if we wanted to add a chatbox, it's going to cost Metkil A LOT more because the site would need a much bigger bandwidth to be able to handle that amount of traffic. We would LOVE to have one, really we would...but unless A LOT more people decide to be very dedicated to FC and will pitch in a good amount, then it just can't happen. Remember, people will say they will give money, but normally that doesn't happen...

I was here when it was taken down, i know the hows and why's of the situation.

The point is I am willing to shell out whatever we need for it.

Anyway I will talk with metkil about it. But if enough people want one (point of thread) its worth it to me.

Mi Boys Dinner
06-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Shit was so cash.