PDA

View Full Version : Court-martial

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Has anyone thought of this idea? If not I think it would be a good idea and contribute to the war simulation experience.

Link2Halo
07-17-2012, 02:46 PM
I know alot of people know what a court martial is but you might still want to go a little more in depth on why this is a good idea and how this could be used.

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 02:58 PM
I know alot of people know what a court martial is but you might still want to go a little more in depth on why this is a good idea and how this could be used.

I just wanted to see if anyone had suggested it before I went on and made myself look foolish lol

I think it's a good idea because I have noticed that some rules have been broken that have been reported yet nothing had been don about it. I think if a member has been caught breaking a rule...having a court martial would be a way to keep the people to maintaining order more. Taking the war simulation part of this community a bit ore serious to enforce said laws more. Also giving people who are defendants a better chance to plead their case. It's just a suggestion though. I am sure this was thought of already behind the scenes but I just wanted to throw it out there.

GhostHammer
07-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Any rule breaks are always dealt with. Our admin/mod team is top notch and are very good at sorting things out. We just do it behind closed doors without the public looking in on it all :)

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Any rule breaks are always dealt with. Our admin/mod team is top notch and are very good at sorting things out. We just do it behind closed doors without the public looking in on it all :)

With all due respect sir...in the last 3 days I have been wronged/rules were broken by 4 members here and nothing has been done about it. Therefore I thought..."why don't we have court martial?"

Regardless...Just thought I would throw it out there. Thanks GhostHammer :D

Edit: Forgot to add that I also contacted 2 mods and the said Disciplinary officer on the days of the offenses and nothing has been done.

VerbotenDonkey
07-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Might want to bring it up with an Admin then ... cause I never heard anything about rule breaking recently, besides the one we just took care of. Also, make sure you bring up problems with your CO, or if serious enough, Field Marshal.

Fun fact, Warrant Officer/CWO ranks were originally used on REDD for Court Martial trials.

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Might want to bring it up with an Admin then ... cause I never heard anything about rule breaking recently, besides the one we just took care of. Also, make sure you bring up problems with your CO, or if serious enough, Field Marshal.

Fun fact, Warrant Officer/CWO ranks were originally used on REDD for Court Martial trials.

Donkey I think you were in the game with me on the opposite team when the first incident happened. At least i think you were...I know for a fact purple was there....either way I went to my feild marshall whom did nothing....and the other issue I went to the mod whom was involved in the other issue whom did nothing....So I guess I will have to go to an admin...dunno who the the admins are except for Raz

Nicholas Sapien
07-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Myth is an admin
just putting that out there...

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Myth is an admin
just putting that out there...

Thanks Nick. Appreciate it

bazongaman502
07-17-2012, 03:31 PM

thats like 90% true, however like admins have said multiple times... they cant do everything

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 03:45 PM
thats like 90% true, however like admins have said multiple times... they cant do everything

I am aware that they cant do everything but when people are being disrespected for no reason to a certain degree then they really should do something about it

Nicholas Sapien
07-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, but if you feel uncomfortable with this then talk to your CO. It also depends on how severe the issue is as well.

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, but if you feel uncomfortable with this then talk to your CO. It also depends on how severe the issue is as well.

Don't apologies Nick. You at least done more than anyone else has. Thank you

VerbotenDonkey
07-17-2012, 03:55 PM
I am aware that they cant do everything but when people are being disrespected for no reason to a certain degree then they really should do something about it

If I was in that game, I don't remember anything O.o Was it a REDD talking to you?

Anyway, that's kinda off topic. We can continue in a PM if you want to talk about it.

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 04:00 PM
If I was in that game, I don't remember anything O.o Was it a REDD talking to you?

Anyway, that's kinda off topic. We can continue in a PM if you want to talk about it.

Appreciate it donkey

GhostHammer
07-17-2012, 04:07 PM
I highly doubt there was that many rules broken in such a short time with your speaking to mods and your FM with no action taken.

Andimion
07-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Within this community, things are ALWAYS dealt with. As Ghost said, its behind the scenes so nobody sees the dealings.. Thats how we've always done things.. Like when I kicked ShineDown from FC..

Coda
07-17-2012, 04:18 PM
It's almost always done pretty secretly. All of a sudden people will get banned and it will be like "hey, what? What happened to that guy?" If you feel no one is doing anything, it's probably just not public. However, I recommend talking to an admin to see what's going on. Or, if it's being dealt with, then I guess I didn't really have to type this. I hope it gets dealt with soon. Mistreatment isn't fun for anyone

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Appreciate the advise guys. I already handled one issue, which I am happy about that it was dealt with in a good way. Stil thin it would be fun to do a court martial lol and I mean like literally make a court room map and have the players in there...shit even if it was for fun and not serious. I always wanted to do it haha

Nicholas Sapien
07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Appreciate the advise guys. I already handled one issue, which I am happy about that it was dealt with in a good way. Stil thin it would be fun to do a court martial lol and I mean like literally make a court room map and have the players in there...shit even if it was for fun and not serious. I always wanted to do it haha

You can still do that although making it a real legit court martial, that would be up to The Field Marshal
...just my opinion

GhostHammer
07-17-2012, 04:33 PM
The reason most of punishment/problem solving is done behind closed doors is because it's dealt with quickly, with the people involved, and quietly. No need to embarrass someone, rub it in, or air out peoples dirty laundry. We're about fun, mature respect here and issues are dealt with accordingly.

Nicholas Sapien
07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
The reason most of punishment/problem solving is done behind closed doors is because it's dealt with quickly, with the people involved, and quietly. No need to embarrass someone, rub it in, or air out peoples dirty laundry. We're about fun, mature respect here and issues are dealt with accordingly.

Oh yeah forgot about that, Silent but deadly

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Well common courteous...at least let the person know it was dealt with otherwise they will be like me and assume nothing was handled. Not saying that in any negative way. I mean I understand not making a spectacle of it, but assure the person that it either will be dealt with or it was dealt with. Silence is deadly on both ends.

Nicholas Sapien
07-17-2012, 04:51 PM
It depends, but I mostly agree...mostly

GhostHammer
07-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Well common courteous...at least let the person know it was dealt with otherwise they will be like me and assume nothing was handled. Not saying that in any negative way. I mean I understand not making a spectacle of it, but assure the person that it either will be dealt with or it was dealt with. Silence is deadly on both ends.

As stated, it's dealt with including the parties involved. If someone is involved in the issue, they're involved in the solution.

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 05:04 PM
As stated, it's dealt with including the parties involved. If someone is involved in the issue, they're involved in the solution.

Ok Ghost...you just confused the shit out of me lol I think that is what I was kinda saying in the first place but I am not sure cause you came in and went WHOOSH mind fuck! LOL! It's all good. I got a lot of good input on the topic and I appreciate it very much. Thanks guys for the help.

Mythonian
07-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Both armies have used court-martials before, I believe.

I remember back in Halo 3, BLUE's Officer Meeting map had a fully-forged court room which was meant just for court-martials.

Usually, punishments and such are decided nearly immediately and the issue is dealt with. If we had to schedule a court-martial, try to ensure everyone attends, put on a show and go through some sort of procedure for the court-martial itself before finally announcing a verdict, it would be too much to handle and would seriously hamper the other responsibilities that the officer/HC/FM has. That's one of the major reasons why court-martials aren't formally done anymore.

Generally, the FM will simply get the appropriate information and make an immediate decision on the punishment. If it's an inter-army thing, the FMs will decide together (such as what happened last week). If it's a community/website issue, then the WC/HC usually deals with it rather quickly and immediately issues the appropriate punishment (whether it be a warning, temporary website ban, or something more severe).

Yeah, we need to be aware of the problem before we can do anything about that, and sometimes being aware of everything can be difficult.

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 10:23 PM
You know what this thread gave me an idea for an event I can host with prizes. I love how certain things can bring good things :D

Nicholas Sapien
07-17-2012, 10:35 PM
What's the idea?? O_o

xXReiBearXx
07-17-2012, 10:48 PM
I posted it under the contest section :D

Nocte
07-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Sorry for the bump.

I don't think court-martial's are something we need to be like, hey that's a thing.

It's just a tool an officer is given when they become an officer, you just have to get the court-martial approved by your superiors before enacting it.

When I was a Colonel I was dishonorably discharged a soldier from R.E.D.D. Army for the way he acted towards other soldiers on multiple occasions, everything was signed off by at the time Field Marshal Kuhblam and General Andimion.