PDA

View Full Version : Off My Mind: Halo 4: Will it Make or Brake 343 Industries?

Project X A02
07-17-2012, 04:55 PM
It's no secret Halo 4 will be upon us soon. The first 'Real' game from 343 Industries. And they're pulling out all the stops! I don't have to go into detail of everything 343 has plalnned for their debut game (no point in a Halo game community!). However with all the hype going into Halo 4 one may forget that it was announced that the latest game in the Halo series will be the start of ANOTHER TRILOGY! Meaning there WILL be a Halo 5 and 6. (at this point I can't help but think of a Halo parody I saw on NewGrounds in which the series ran all the way to Halo 8!!!) All I'm saying is that sales alone will carry 343 Industries when Halo 4 breaks out, however with all of the additons planned to be put into the Halo series upon the release of Halo 4, including a live-action Machinema series to be released in October, what will they do for Halo 5 and 6? Will Halo 4 make 343 Industries, or break them with their efforts to go HAM on the aforementioned game? Halo 4 already has high expectations what about the next TWO games how will they beat their predecessors?!?

Nicholas Sapien
07-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Only time can tell

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
07-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I actually have really really high hopes for them. I feel that everything they're adding will be refreshing to old halo players as well as a draw for newer halo players. It's hard at this point to tell but I expect Halo 4 to be the best selling & rated Halo game yet.

Maxdoggy
07-17-2012, 06:00 PM
1. You used the wrong version of "break".
2. It doesn't matter how good the game is, it will sell and Microsoft will make more until the Reclaimer Trilogy is finished.

bazongaman502
07-17-2012, 06:06 PM
I personally think it was a mistake in saying a "Trilogy".. they should have just said "Halo 4". That way people are woundering "is this the end of Chief?" but now they are like, obviously nothing bad happens to him this game or the 5th one, but what about the 6th?

Iv seen alot of Halo 6 questions more then the basic Halo 4 questions.

Nicholas Sapien
07-17-2012, 06:08 PM
1. You used the wrong version of "break".
2. It doesn't matter how good the game is, it will sell and Microsoft will make more until the Reclaimer Trilogy is finished.

lol just saw the brake

purple gamer 17
07-17-2012, 06:32 PM
If you remember at E3 2011..... they said Halo 4 was coming out... but that was not all!
They announced Halo 5 and 6.
If my memory is right... I could have forgot some details....

Choca Cola
07-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Let's be honest, like any game there are going to be people who like the game and some who don't (haters gonna hate.)
Some will turn away from Halo and we will see new people come to it. And also remember it's Halo, and no matter how it is, it will get lots of sales and positive ratings (unless if it's completely terrible, which we already know it won't be.)

I think that it will make 343 and begin there journey with the new trilogy.

Salvanous
07-18-2012, 04:03 PM
One thing that I noticed is that they have stopped using the word trilogy, but they say that they are going into Chief's new SAGA, this means that it may end at Halo 5, or we can see it go all the way to Halo 7, we don't know. I can't claim that I know that 343 will do right by Halo, but from what I see from Halo 4, I am really happy with what I see. Do I think that there are things I would like to see change as well? Of course, I could list off a bunch of things I would LOVE to see occur in forge for machinima, and map making purposes like:

-Changing Climate (like if you want it snowing, or raining)
-Changing Day Time (not trying to fake with just purple tint)
-Environment alteration (If there will be a hill there or not)
-Ground Alteration (If there is snow, or dirt, or grass)
-Removal of Object Limitations (such as removing the "you have 50 walls to work with", just let us use how many we want until we run out of forge cash)
-removal of phasing twitching (aka forge seizures)
-complete removal of the aspect that host's map looks different then nonhosts (to allow for seamless multiplayer forging)
-better in game search engine for community forged maps.
-customization of specific weapon traits (like if you think the AR is a bit too underpowered, you boost that weapons damage, while if you think the DMR is too OP, you adjust that) <--- THIS would make so many people happy.
-premade machinima gametype (where the game would just start with the option to not start out with a weapon, you wouldn't need to make the gametype)
-return of ALL weapons in the game (so there would be the bruteshot AND the Concussion Rifle, or Like we would have the Carbine AND the Needle Rifle)
-further customization of the spartan (I.E. specific type of knife spartan uses, the choice of which assassination you use, more visor colors (like Red maybe?) skins for armors (for example, look at the pyro ODST in RvB, known as Sharkface)
-Ability to make Invasion gametypes but only with Spartans, or tiered Objectives.
-Return of Elites as a playable class
-Ability to customize Elites like you do Spartans (aka Halo 3 Customization, not Halo Reach)
-Return of Firefight
-Ability to Create your own firefight maps.
-removal of the fact that some maps have some objects, but not others (in other words, every item used in game for forging would be available for all maps)
-ability to forge civilian vehicles into maps, and to be able to drive them.

I am going to go ahead and say all of these are possible, and some of these are more... difficult to do, but if we could get say half of these, I would be really happy.

As far as the games go, from what I see from Halo Reach's maps that 343 have made, and from Halo 4 footage, I am very happy with what they have.

Acid
07-18-2012, 04:15 PM
If they focus more on the story and not go to the multilayer, like every other fucking mainstream game, this game just may be good. But apart of me thinks the Halo series needs to die.

There's:
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars (Not Bungie's or 343's, but still Halo)
Halo ODST
Halo Reach
Halo 4
Halo 5 (If they do another trilogy)
Halo 6 (If they do another trilogy)

Nicholas Sapien
07-18-2012, 04:25 PM
I enjoy halo, a little bit of me died when reach came out(could have been way better -_-)
As long as its halo its still cool :p

Coda
07-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Halo reach was fun. I enjoyed it. It definitely could have been better. But I liked it. Halo 4 will be better. I have faith in 343

Project X A02
07-20-2012, 01:45 PM
All good points, but there's one Halo 4 decision that will always leave me scratching my head. The decision to leave Chief's (as well as all Spartan IVs) man-hood completly exposed!!! :eek1:

Carpe Vexillum
07-20-2012, 02:23 PM
All good points, but there's one Halo 4 decision that will always leave me scratching my head. The decision to leave Chief's (as well as all Spartan IVs) man-hood completly exposed!!! :eek1:
They have explained this. In interview already.

- - - Updated - - -

It's no secret Halo 4 will be upon us soon. The first 'Real' game from 343 Industries. And they're pulling out all the stops! I don't have to go into detail of everything 343 has plalnned for their debut game (no point in a Halo game community!). However with all the hype going into Halo 4 one may forget that it was announced that the latest game in the Halo series will be the start of ANOTHER TRILOGY! Meaning there WILL be a Halo 5 and 6. (at this point I can't help but think of a Halo parody I saw on NewGrounds in which the series ran all the way to Halo 8!!!) All I'm saying is that sales alone will carry 343 Industries when Halo 4 breaks out, however with all of the additons planned to be put into the Halo series upon the release of Halo 4, including a live-action Machinema series to be released in October, what will they do for Halo 5 and 6? Will Halo 4 make 343 Industries, or break them with their efforts to go HAM on the aforementioned game? Halo 4 already has high expectations what about the next TWO games how will they beat their predecessors?!?

Also im going to point out that its not machinima if its "live action". Machinima is termed from - Machine; Cinema. In which you use a pre-existing programmed platform to create cinematic experiences.

On topic with the new generation of console i think H5 & 6 will be just fine because of that fact.

Project X A02
07-20-2012, 03:57 PM
They have explained this. In interview already.

- - - Updated - - -

Also im going to point out that its not machinima if its "live action". Machinima is termed from - Machine; Cinema. In which you use a pre-existing programmed platform to create cinematic experiences.

On topic with the new generation of console i think H5 & 6 will be just fine because of that fact.

Did you mean they gave an actual explanation or the whole "we didn't like the 'Space-Diaper'" reason they gave in an interview. But on the topic of the Machinema series I believe it's sponsored (bad spelling :wacky:) by Machinema, because I agree that a Machinema shouldn't be live-action!

Carpe Vexillum
07-20-2012, 04:14 PM
machinima isnt live action. and machinima the site is more of a gaming general place.

bazongaman502
07-20-2012, 04:24 PM
the video series will be posted on MachinimaPrime (http://www.youtube.com/user/MachinimaPrime)

that channel i guess is going to be used for live action videos, leaving Machinima's original channel to stay with "In-Game" videos