PDA

View Full Version : Who else is getting Guild Wars 2?

Acid
07-27-2012, 12:25 AM
This game is looking very promising and it'll a good break from all the grind-fest MMOs out there. The Dynamic Events seems really cool and the WvW(World vs World) seems epic. I'm not one of a PvPer but I think I'll give it a shot.

VerbotenDonkey
07-27-2012, 12:37 AM
No healing classes make me a sad Donkey.

Acid
07-27-2012, 12:40 AM
It seems like the Necromancer is somewhat of a healer.
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/necromancer/

But I'll probably be in Elementalist(Mage), and then do a second run as a warrior, and then maybe Necro.

ItsGettingMessi
07-27-2012, 01:05 AM
i played guild wars 1 it was awesome. i would get two but i dont have a cpu that can use it, and i would highly suggest doing what is called a MM (minion master) you do a necro and you raise zombies

VerbotenDonkey
07-27-2012, 01:38 AM
It seems like the Necromancer is somewhat of a healer.
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/necromancer/

But I'll probably be in Elementalist(Mage), and then do a second run as a warrior, and then maybe Necro.

Yeah but there is no dedicated healer. Sure, Necro can heal (a few other classes can group heal too), but that's not really their focus.

Although the World vs World DOES look like what I've been looking for in a MMO game. A giant siege battle. That would be probably the main reason I'd get GW2.

Metkil5685
07-27-2012, 09:40 AM
I'll be getting it. I played in the last Beta Weekend and I quite a bit of fun.

And yes, there are no healing classes, however when I was playing I noticed they did set up the game so that healing classes are not needed. Almost every attack and be evaded in someway and with each class having some kind of heal for themselves. Each class also has a lot of support skills. Just for example, I played a Warrior in BWE3. I had 3 or 4 banner which helped the group/players around me. I had 3 or 4 shouts that also helped out as well. Basically every class can support each other. But I can see why some people can be thrown off with no direct healing class. With me being a WoW player, it was definitely a weird change for me.

Juggernaut9473
07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
i will be getting this once i get a better computer that can actually run this, my current one sucks

Blackhawk570
07-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Elementalist's water form is all heals I believe from playing the beta, but like Met said everyone can heal themselves and some skills can be evaded.

Blackhawk570
08-04-2012, 12:33 AM
I just wanted to say I will be on the Anvil Rock server if anyone else wants to play with me

Carpe Vexillum
08-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Pre-ordered. Demo'd it. Love it. Live it.

Acid
08-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPZHsfa6gEs

I be getting it preordered probably tomorrow.

Yehsus
08-05-2012, 01:45 PM
It's looking like either human warrior or guardian...gonna be a good winter for me.

Juggernaut9473
08-05-2012, 03:44 PM
that was so epic, i have to get a computer that can run this

Acid
08-09-2012, 11:36 PM
So I played in a Stress Test today with my guild. I played some WvW. Holy fuck this shit is epic. We decided to take Redbrair(See Map). We met up there with another guild so it was a fairly large force. We fairly quickly took the keep. But another enemy guild, that I assume was coming to reinforce the keep, came into the keep right when we captured it. When you capture a keep the doors are automatically repaired. So they were pretty much trapped inside the keep. It was a slaughterhouse for them.

We then went to go take Ascension Bay. We got to there front gate and setup to catapults and we got the door down halfway, but someone on the wall put up a hot oil thingie which took out our battering ram and a few guys. Then a group of enemies came up on the bridge that is directly east of Ascension Bay (you cant quiet see it on the map) and set up 2 trebuches that took out at least half of our group, they then came up to the docks and we were surrounded. We scattered and regrouped at one of the gates by the bridges where another guild of our team was trying to break through. But we got our asses kicked and we left to go to jumping puzzles of which I suck at.

MAP: http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/guild-wars-2/2/27/Borderlandsmap.jpg