PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2012 Dashboard Update

bazongaman502
07-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Now, i know all of us have heard about the new features we will be getting, but they released a open beta (http://majornelson.com/2012/07/26/2012-xbox-live-update-public-beta-now-available/) to be part of it. Sadly, it is now CLOSED. However i have gotten into it and actually am downloading the update right this second.

I know i wont be able to see everything, however i am also downloading the Internet Explorer App.

So i was woundering, who else got into it and did you get the update already?

Also, i am not allowed to post pictures nor video of the update... however i dont think im breaking the agreement by answering any questions about it

Harry
07-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Lucky!

Any significant changes, aesthetically? Does it look better than the current/old one?

I can't wait till I get IE on my Xbox. That'd be pretty dope even though I have a laptop :P

bazongaman502
07-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Lucky!

Any significant changes, aesthetically? Does it look better than the current/old one?

I can't wait till I get IE on my Xbox. That'd be pretty dope even though I have a laptop :P

The dashboard seems more organized, related things are close to each other. If you go to the videos are on the dashboard, you can look at your Video Apps in that area rather then going to the apps area at the far end and going through everything.

IE is rather slow when starting up, however it search's very fast... im actually on FC right now on it (sending this message on my laptop) tho

Harry
07-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Aww yeah.

I can't wait to look up so much *insert your favorite "p"-word here*

Lulz.

Yehsus
07-27-2012, 06:26 PM
I want a larger friends list. For the sake of Fuck, Christ, and Humanity.

Harry
07-27-2012, 06:29 PM
I 100% agree with you. It's a hassle deleting people (not to mention I feel like an ass).

I think the Playstation Network allows you to have a lot more than 100 friends, I don't see what kind of hurdles Microsoft would have to go over but yeah. It needs to be done by the 720s release or sooner.

Blackhawk570
07-27-2012, 06:31 PM
OMG YEHSUS YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH I WANT YOUR BABIES RIGHT NOW

bazongaman502
07-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Aww yeah.

I can't wait to look up so much *insert your favorite "p"-word here*

Lulz.

I have some sad news.... it wont work :(

It requires Adobe Flash and apparently the Xbox cant download it :(

- - - Updated - - -

id like for that to, however the update didnt mention anything along those lines... i also wish they could allow catagories for your friends... that way i can make a group of just FC people and a group of other people

Harry
07-27-2012, 06:32 PM
POR QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Maxdoggy
07-27-2012, 07:16 PM
I have signed up for the update. I haven't downloaded it yet, however. I'm not terribly excited for IE, though. Bleh.

SuRroundeD By 1
07-28-2012, 12:44 AM
POR QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Porque razones

Deathhawk
07-28-2012, 08:40 AM
I have signed up for the update. I haven't downloaded it yet, however. I'm not terribly excited for IE, though. Bleh.

Me neither.

A: It's IE.
B: I have a laptop and smartphone, I don't need another way to browse the (shittier) internet.

Acid
07-28-2012, 10:56 AM
I almost wish they would give an option to go back to the original dashboard.

VerbotenDonkey
07-28-2012, 11:45 AM
What are they adding anyway? Besides IE.

bazongaman502
07-28-2012, 12:42 PM
What are they adding anyway? Besides IE.

Better organization, Recomendations off of what you do/play on your xbox, Skype in the future (not avalible for me right now), Ability to use "SmartGlass" (not availble right now), and a few other small things

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
07-29-2012, 03:58 AM
Do they have Xbox music? I remember them showing that at E3. I use the Zune marketplace a lot....

DarkS1de Reborn
07-29-2012, 12:07 PM
They really aren't ever going to do much.. They're WAY TOO CHEAP XD I'd love if they would let you have more friends like the ps3, but at the same time I wish they would make xbox live free!! But that will never happen even though when you play halo you use p2p connections just like ps3 does for their crap which is why it's free but can't have that now can we microsoft you just have to have every penny you can get lolz. But yea should really start letting people have more friends, and would be nice if they let you use firefox as a choice instead of IE... Whats the organization fully look like??

bazongaman502
07-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Do they have Xbox music? I remember them showing that at E3. I use the Zune marketplace a lot....

Havent seen it yet, i did scan through the apps, but i didnt see it. However i did stumble across this app for the Kinect that allows you to just read certin lines and you will get achievments and avatar awards.. supposidly its a way to help make the Kinect work better in the future.

They really aren't ever going to do much.. They're WAY TOO CHEAP XD I'd love if they would let you have more friends like the ps3, but at the same time I wish they would make xbox live free!! But that will never happen even though when you play halo you use p2p connections just like ps3 does for their crap which is why it's free but can't have that now can we microsoft you just have to have every penny you can get lolz. But yea should really start letting people have more friends, and would be nice if they let you use firefox as a choice instead of IE... Whats the organization fully look like??

You do relise the reason as to why xbl has a price right? Its the security you are paying for. Otherwise the Xbox will get hacked just like the PS3 did.

The organization however is basically like this:

-You go to the video tab on the dashboard and you will find nothing but things that involve video's. Such as Video ONLY apps, Video ONLY recomendations.

Its nothing special, but it allows you not having to go through the "Apps" tab to search for Netflix and what-not, to which i got tired of doing.

Something iv noticed though, is you can place some apps on the front/main tab... kind of like a favorites page.

DarkS1de Reborn
07-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Their security isn't the greatest. Ps3 just gets hacked because their incompetent and don't watch what's going on till it's too late then blame everyone else for their screw ups lolz. Get rather tired of the whole apps thing.. Kinda stupid that Netflix a video streaming app isnt even featured in the video section and when I click on it all the sudden it now asks are you sure you want to start up netflix? Like oh no I just wanted to click on it because I'm retarded thanks though XD