PDA

View Full Version : Limits on how many times you can reinvite people

Silko
07-29-2012, 07:02 PM
There needs to be a limit on how many times you can reinvite a player after he/she disconnects from the game. Game 4 of Delta Facility Voodoo vs Ascension Mix we had a player (Not going to name him) lag out and reconnect 4 times. Every time we where forced into a black screen and it completely threw off the game. Weapon spawns where completely off and half the team was in black screen for god knows how long. I suggest that you get 3 tries. 3 strikes and your out.

ChillSquishster
07-29-2012, 07:04 PM
I think it should be 2 instead of 3, but still either way it messes up the game entirely

VerbotenDonkey
07-29-2012, 07:04 PM
+1

Yehsus
07-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Or you tough it out a man down. I've done that alot of times.

Salvanous
07-29-2012, 07:31 PM
We can tough it out, but when there no other replacements at that period of time, the other team should be able to try to keep a full team. I guarentee you that if we made that rule, the other team would be complaining at the end of the match "Oh, we lost because we didn't have a full team". I know it sucked that we had that many black screens, but I mean we also had those black screens, and the person in question that was lagging was raging at his connection. It was a crappy situation, and I don't like having that happen, but I would prefer to have an additional guy rather than be a guy down, specially one an objective based game.

Fateless Wolf
07-29-2012, 07:46 PM
how about you lose one guy you can only get him back. You cant replace him for anyone else and you can only invite him back 1 time? sound fair?

Gargoyle
07-29-2012, 09:25 PM
If we have a lag rule in FC about ending the game within the first few mins, this is essentially the same thing. It's a variation of the lag rule to try to keep the game as lag free as possible. If a game lags, then yeah, tough luck. BUT if you reinvite a person so many times where blackscreen become a regular problem, the game as a whole become way too unfair with the respawing of everything on the map.

Anarchy
07-29-2012, 10:06 PM
A lot of times, a person's lagging out isn't their own connection, or even their own team's for that matter.

I don't see an immediate need for this rule. We have more important things to worry about, truly. Things like this rarely happen, and if they do, disconnections are frequent in halo, it's hard for me to vote on something that punishes those who can't help being a victim of it.

Sicarioano
07-29-2012, 10:37 PM
A lot of times, a person's lagging out isn't their own connection, or even their own team's for that matter.

I don't see an immediate need for this rule. We have more important things to worry about, truly. Things like this rarely happen, and if they do, disconnections are frequent in halo, it's hard for me to vote on something that punishes those who can't help being a victim of it.

I concur

Gargoyle
07-29-2012, 10:46 PM
FC has it's own maps. Even the maps we take from outside the community (forged & mm maps) we edit for our community through the forge department. We have set times for shit to respawn. It's not fair, for either team, when everything resets because of blackscreen every 2-3 mins.

We only went in black screen at times when this person joined and left. It was obvious

Anarchy
07-29-2012, 10:50 PM
One way or another, people are going to complain about this rule if we put it in place a few weeks down the line, and for good reason. People re-joining has its flaws, but at least everyone gets to play and have fun.

Either way, it isn't like the weapons respawning consistently benefits one side or the other.

We can't base our judgement on implementing a rule on a single game. Chances are the problem itself wont recur for a while, but if we change the rules now, we'll probably see problems following the rule immediately.

VerbotenDonkey
07-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Not to mention Garg got stuck in Blackscreen while carrying our bomb, even when we all exited black screen (which was like the fourth time).

We should really have a rule about getting kicked and then rejoining for maybe any time after three attempts. Because really then it's just way past into the game anyway and it kinda ruined it for all of us.

Maxdoggy
07-29-2012, 10:59 PM
If it's more than three times, I would consider such a rule.

However, tonight's game had four blackscreens (three for each time UnicornioFeto lagged out and one for a host switch that allowed the rest of the game to go smoothly with Unicornio no longer having any lag).

Gargoyle
07-29-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't want this to be a "oh it just happened this one time" type game. I mean, yeah it happened once this war for me, but I'd rather have what max & donkey have agreed on be a rule for a rare problem then have it occur again.

If someone gets kicked out, by all means he should be able to join back in. Why shouldnt you be able to have fun? But if you repeatively get kicked out of a game, then you're just causing uneeded black screen, lag, and weapon resets.

Not to mention it's not fair for your team who has to play 2 men down everytime someone gets kicked out. (one for the person lagging out and one who has to go into xbox guide to invite again)

Carpe Vexillum
07-29-2012, 11:51 PM
U mad bro? If you really want to play a man down then go for it. Even if this example doesn't include the lagger on your team - imagine it is because thats what matters.

I say no limit.

Its the laggers responsibility not to join a game if they know their connections whack.

Thats right; if you know your connection is messy then dont freaking play a game until you fix it! Spare all of us your lag and ridiculous blacks screens/ rules. Your just making the game less enjoyable for the majority. Which is what matters in the end. +1

A rule that should be in place is the above gold text. If you break this a certain amount of times you get suspended. One knows when their lagging and to say "Oh maybe itll be okay" and ruin the experience is not cool.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
07-30-2012, 03:48 AM
Goin through a game down 1 or more players sucks.

As for players lagging out....if they lag out twice they're not going to be able to stay in the game at all. I say 2 times and then you go and look for another replacement.

Graycochea
07-30-2012, 06:11 AM
Is this a serious thread?

Silko
07-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Is this a serious thread?

Yes this is a serous thread. Because of 1 terrible connection it killed the game and killed the point of why we play: FOR FUN. Black Screens = Less fun. 4 black screens = a hell of a lot less fun. This piss poor connection killed the game for 15 other people. Why should we ever put the needs of 1 over 15? We shouldn't.

Its the laggers responsibility not to join a game if they know their connections whack.

As much as I agree with you capre on this one it is clear some people do not have the capacity to realize this. This is why a rule needs to be made to make it clear.

Harry
07-30-2012, 10:36 AM
How about FC do some LANs up in this biotch.

Trolololololol

Sicarioano
07-30-2012, 11:53 AM
How about FC do some LANs up in this biotch.

Trolololololol

http://themetapicture.com/media/funny-games-dont-make-people-violent-lag.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/216/7nTnr.png

Graycochea
07-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Yes this is a serous thread. Because of 1 terrible connection it killed the game and killed the point of why we play: FOR FUN. Black Screens = Less fun. 4 black screens = a hell of a lot less fun. This piss poor connection killed the game for 15 other people. Why should we ever put the needs of 1 over 15? We shouldn't.

Oh... ok... I j-... I thought maybe the REDDs WERE TROLLING US. Are you serious? This "once in a blue moon" type of thing happens and we immediately need a rule? You know that thing everyone talks about that randomly happened that one time X number of years ago? This is going to be that thing. No ones going to remember this even happened in 5 days, well they will because of this thread, so 10 days. Good lord, one little thing happens and the REDDs are bitching about fairness and equality, what a joke.

Look, the thing happened. Let it go and move on. What are the chances it will ever happen again? This is like... one of those dumb laws(google it). Like "No sleeping on a refridgerator while it's upside down, outside, after 9 PM. Someone sees that and all of the sudden there's this crazy retarded law against it.

Yes, it was a bit of a hindrance, but I really didn't care. I didn't lose any fun, mostly because I didn't start with any fun, but that's beside the point. Buck up Leslie. Worry about grown up things like how to win this war without looking like a total pansy. I'm out...

Silko
07-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Oh... ok... I j-... I thought maybe the REDDs WERE TROLLING US. Are you serious? This "once in a blue moon" type of thing happens and we immediately need a rule? You know that thing everyone talks about that randomly happened that one time X number of years ago? This is going to be that thing. No ones going to remember this even happened in 5 days, well they will because of this thread, so 10 days. Good lord, one little thing happens and the REDDs are bitching about fairness and equality, what a joke.

Look, the thing happened. Let it go and move on. What are the chances it will ever happen again? This is like... one of those dumb laws(google it). Like "No sleeping on a refridgerator while it's upside down, outside, after 9 PM. Someone sees that and all of the sudden there's this crazy retarded law against it.

Yes, it was a bit of a hindrance, but I really didn't care. I didn't lose any fun, mostly because I didn't start with any fun, but that's beside the point. Buck up Leslie. Worry about grown up things like how to win this war without looking like a total pansy. I'm out...

So instead of trying to prevent any future issues of this happening your suggestion is to do nothing. Here's the thing Gray this is not the first time issues of people rejoining in the middle of games has occurred and it will not be the last. So simply stating "Get over it" and "Man up" is not only a piss poor attitude to the situation but fairly disrespectful. This is also not about winning or losing the game. I couldn't care if I lost or won but I do care about the conduct of the game and how it was played. If the game was a bad game due to connection issues it can be corrected. Not doing anything about it is almost as bad or worse then the original act it's self.

Graycochea
07-30-2012, 04:36 PM
I'll put it a different way. I didn't really care about the black screening. Whether it happened or not, it didn't matter to me. And it's not a piss poor attitude, I was just expressing my awe. I guess I've never been there all these times it's happened to you Silko and I'm sorry you seem to be getting the short end of the black screen stick. All I know is last night is the first time it ever happened while I've been with FC and it didn't anger me to the point of raging today. I had pretty much forgotten about it until I read this thread.

bazongaman502
07-30-2012, 04:36 PM
The lag is caused between the person lagging and the host. Because the person that is lagging can't fully connect to everyone. But when the person that is lagging is host, it will cause black screen because the host migration. It was just shit luck that the game kept trying to make him host even though he didnt have the connectivity for it.

I say a rule should be implyed however at a respectful amount of time... id say about 3 times. Now from iv heard that each time the blackscreen occured, BLUE happened to be at the Spartan lazer and what not. I think Garg (may be wrong on who it was) sad at one point BLUE had 3 spartan lazers? Thats an unfair advantage and i can see why REDD would be pissed. However this can be simply solved as a rule that backs it up incase it happens again. Everywhere you go, you will always find rules that were created over one instant that occured years ago. Maybe this doesnt happen again, however if it does happen again, we have a rule that does limit it.

Obviously this rule cant effect this past sunday however it could effect upcoming one in the future. Jusst tell your guys to get off the computers when playing, that drags your internet connection down... its an easy fix. Also please remember... its Halo, its gonna have lag to one person or everyone no matter what.

Gargoyle
07-30-2012, 04:37 PM
multiple blackscreens in games have been a problem before. I've just havent been in one with 4-5 blackscreens.

Say what you want, i feel like its a legit problem. We have set respawn timers on things. In the interest of fairness, we should try to do what we can to prevent lag/instant weapons.

Noticed the underlined can. Meaning, do what we is reasonable and I'd say getting a new guy in after you get booted 4 times is a concern. If you get kicked out of the game by the game, its connection and joining back will only increase the chance of hurting the game for both sides.

And if you can't bring an actual agruement to this which I considered a valid problem, don't contribute. I'd like this talked about. So no more name calling from BOTH SIDES.

Nicholas Sapien
07-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Just let High command handle it, everyone got their points through, so I think this thread should be closed