PDA

View Full Version : R.U.S.E. Review

Nocte
12-27-2010, 02:05 AM
Gameplay: The gameplay is very and I mean very realistic. You really have to think to play this game. This is a true RTS. (Makes Halo Wars look like a joke).

This isn't a game someone can just pick up and play, though it evolves lots of strategy and tactics to win. So not really suggested to those who like an easy game to play.

The RUSE's in game which allow you to hide your movements or create fake armies change gameplay drastically. So figuring out what in the hell your enemy is doing is the key to winning, along with playing your own field.

When it comes time to battle, it just looks amazing.

Their is never just one focal point in this game the enemy always moves, so you need to try and be one step ahead of them always.

This game allows you to step-into the shoes of those Generals who lead the armies during WWII and see how they over-came the odds to score a victory.

So over all I rate the full on gameplay a 9/10.

Game Mechanics: This is the first RTS I've played that has nice smooth mechanics to it. The scrolling and how to scan the battlefield is nice and smooth. All Units as you scroll out clump together to make moving a massive army easy to do.

Mechanics get a 10/10.

The true Strategy of the game: Damn near perfect, it masters that need to not rush straight up the middle and praying to god nothing will cave in on you. In RUSE..... it will you need to cover your flanks you need to cover your ass. Massing one unit will get your ass raped.....

The Strategy asset gets a nice 10/10.

You might need a copy of the Art of War before playing.....

I personally am in love with the game. Hope some of you want to pick it up.

Fiery Grave
12-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Right here in this you sound like a whiny person (not saying you are, just sound like) who can't counter a rush for crap.... true in every RTS that holds any true merit rush's can be hard to counter.... but a rush is a strategy too. If you go in with a small army and destroy 2-3 buildings you gave yourself an advantage....

But you have to remember there are Two sets of rock paper scissors to any good RTS vehicle>Infantry>air>vehicle and tech>turtle>rush>tech

you sound like their are a techer. Halowars was filled with rushes (especially at the begging when gauss hogs were way OP) but they didn't always win. Halo wars was (and still is) considered by many to be the best RTS console game.

also the most effective army's are mixed armies in HW though not many people go that route which is a problem.

Ruses controls are too clunky and hard to maneuver with (IMO) and it feels like its trying to be a PC RTS on console and when they do that its not the best results.

and no matter wheat you say there is no way it is better than SCII (which is the KING)

AftershocK
12-27-2010, 03:25 PM
ive never even heard of this game

Ex Zen Mute
12-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Fiery, I think you have your > mixed up with <.

Infantry beat Air.
Air beat Vehicle
Vehicle beat Infantry

Back to the topic.
I have only played a bit of the Demo on Steam and, the gameplay is quite amazing and intriguing.
You are right to say this isn't a pick up and play game.

Although, bashing on another game just to give RUSE credit is low.

Don't hate the game, hate the player.

Fiery Grave
12-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Fiery, I think you have your > mixed up with <.

Infantry beat Air.
Air beat Vehicle
Vehicle beat Infantry

Back to the topic.
I have only played a bit of the Demo on Steam and, the gameplay is quite amazing and intriguing.
You are right to say this isn't a pick up and play game.

Although, bashing on another game just to give RUSE credit is low.

Don't hate the game, hate the player.

yes I did fuck that up....

I fixed it now

Nocte
12-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Well honestly I was very disappointed in Halo Wars, it was only fun when being played with friends. I loved AoE and I was expecting a damn near perfect RTS from Ensemble Studios. Halo Wars was very flawed and in most AoE games rushing was near a tactful strategy cause you could build up defenses fast. Then we have Halo Wars which was advertised with these huge Covie and Human armies pitting it against each other, but the armies were diverse it wasn't just tons of air or tons of tanks....

So the whole everyone mass one unit kinda pissed me off alot, the only thing that I loved from Halo Wars though is the amount of team-work it takes to win. Alot of older RTS's you could play and win just by yourself from just seeing what your allies are doing.

So in a sense, I would rather not bash Halo Wars. But I did because of how disappointed I was in it.

And to Fiery I can counter a rush I just don't like doing it, I'm a late game player. Even in Warcraft III I hated rushing I was never good at managing resources to have a good rush.

XxClearSh0txX
12-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Does this game have multiplayer? I might buy it, but according to some other reviews I've seen it's pretty slow up until a point in the campaign, and that's the only thing I've heard the game has so far.

Nocte
12-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Yes the game does have multiplayer Clear.