PDA

View Full Version : Payroll

bazongaman502
08-08-2012, 06:53 PM
So. Officer like me and others that are up higher do alot of things in order to keep our guys happy and organized. Since some people say this is like a "job" why not kind of treat it like one?

Every 2 weeks, officers recieve Vcash for what they have done. They can treat it like cash and do what they wish with it like we do in normal lives.

However, every month, one Officer or higher on both armies gets seleceted by the FM and they get awarded with a "bonus" for what they have done. Either can be way more Vcash, MSP, Games, Memberships, etc.

Why not reward those in a way that treat this like a job and do what needs to be done.

thoughts?

Gargoyle
08-08-2012, 07:00 PM
I don't like it.

I love it.

Mythonian
08-08-2012, 07:00 PM
You are in officer positions because you are capable, dependable, and interested in stepping up in the community.

The most appropriate reward you should get is gratitude/respect from your men.

Rewarding people with exuberant amounts of vCash may give officers a small (arguably negligible) incentive to continue doing it, but the negative result of flooding the vCash system with random vCash will only cause our system to get even more broken.

For Halo 4, we are going to be doing something to prevent the vCash system from breaking like it did for Reach.

But whatever, if your HC wants to do it go ahead. It'll be on them to do the micromanagement required for it.

Nicholas Sapien
08-08-2012, 07:32 PM

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
08-08-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the idea, in my mind the best rewards for an officer are those of the medals or other awards we give out.

bazongaman502
08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
i agree myth and unlucky... i just figured it would be something an another way to get war bounds in for their army...

just an idea tho :)

MedeDust
08-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Pfft I did all the graphic work and updated a complicated warmap all the time, on top of my HC/Mod position, you think I got paid?

Puba
08-08-2012, 08:11 PM
cool idea but like myth said we have to prevent the vCash system from breaking again

Yehsus
08-08-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm good with my current income. I micro manage the Battalion because I find joy in it, not because I seek more work.

bazongaman502
08-08-2012, 09:09 PM
it was just an idea to help with war bounds and show who is showing they are doing their job well in that area... nothing else.

Obviously the idea isn't liked, so this can be closed.

Coda
08-08-2012, 09:13 PM
It's a good idea, but I don't think it would really work. If it would work, I'm all for it. But it's not needed and it would probably do more bad than good. Good thought though

Salvanous
08-08-2012, 11:11 PM
I also like this idea for a couple of reasons.

First off, this IS a job on certain days, and it is a job we volunteer for, but there are a lot days that frankly I just deal with a lot of stress from being an officer be it from managing member relations, or ensuring that I do what is expected of me. Say what you want in that "We do this only for the admiration of our soldiers" but I know for myself, and my officers that we have put our own personal lives on hold on a few occasions because we have been called upon to do work.

Now to be fair, Enlisted also need to sometimes rearrange, or pospone things in their life to come to practices and to battlenights, I know that during school, every Sunday I either have to buy a quick meal somewhere, or go without food because battlenights go directly over the hours that our college cafeteria is open, and I know that others must have situations like mine. And you can say that the reward for those sacrifices is getting promotions, and while that is true, it is less true for enlisted, frankly I know that we say that Sergeants and higher have some control over their lower ranked squad members, but frankly I really see the power always goes to the officers, and really there is no fear or awe from even the most highest ranked enlisted.

So what I suggest is actually a revised version in that every member that participates in Sunday battlenights is paid, and their pay is varied depending upon their rank. for example (example 1/example 2):

50/100vCash for Low Enlisted
100/200vCash for Medium Enlisted
150/300vCash for High Enlisted
200/400vCash for Officers
250/500VCash for Flag Officers
500/750vCash for High Command

And yes, this is some work, I realize that, but another reason I bring this up, is that I think it gives a more war simulation feel to it, I think that it allows our enlisted to feel just that extra urge to get a higher rank, I think it gives our leading members just a bit more appreciation from the site itself, not simply from the members (because since we are working for the site, then shouldn't we get paid by the site, not by the community of the site?), and here is another big reason I say we should have something like this: Betting.

Now, I know of a few people who have gone and bet all out on a team winning a match, be it in sports, or in battlenights, and when they lose they literally have nothing to bet with, and the only way that they can get more Vcash is to help with statbook, or an act of kindness from another member. Now I realize we have options for getting people vCash back, but there is only one way, and that takes a good amount of time to get paid for helping Statbook, this would allow people who bet full out on a match, to still feel like shit that they lost everything, but they would atleast get 100vCash for their pay, to be able to be part of the betting again next week.

Now in the comment that members should be content to just feel rewarded by medals, first off, we don't have a catalog of medals, so when members get a medal, frankly none of us know what the medal is for, and how we got it. Secondly, I can say at least for BLUE we haven't seen medals being rewarded for quiet a while.

If you are saying "tl;dr" then here are my reasons in a nutshell:
-It gives everyone a thanks for being part of the community
-It draws more people to actually pay attention to their site profiles
-It gives a new way to get income, while not flooding the community with Vcash
-The only people getting paid would be those who participated in the battlenights, meaning more people come, and it wouldn't be a complete pain to do.
-Provides more incentive to rank up, meaning more activity from enlisted
-Officer bonus provided by FM, would possibly make officers who do more work, get their appreciation (and don't try telling me they get promoted instead, there are always ceilings for people)
-Would give a bit more of a separation of ranking, meaning rank may mean more among enlisted.
-Medals haven't been a very large reward as they have been confusing, or non existent.

It's a bit of work, but I mean the people in Statbook could help, and maybe hell, the people that do statbook might get a little extra cash out of helping with that too.

bazongaman502
08-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Im the creator of this post, and yet Salv thought this through way more then me lol... but he does hold very valid points.

I wouldnt expect this to happen this war, but maybe Halo 4? chances are we will have another "Beta War"... maybe try this out?

Anarchy
08-08-2012, 11:36 PM
People could just super promote everyone so their army gets vcash.

The system is easily broken.

Gargoyle
08-08-2012, 11:41 PM
You can't really promote officers unless there's an open spot.

Overall, I agree with most of the points that Slav made. However, just to keep Anarch words from becoming true, I'd say take out the levels of enlisted and just make one flat payment.

I don't see how this could be "broken" beyond that.

bazongaman502
08-09-2012, 12:01 AM

you do hold a point, however that kind of thing would fall into the FMs trust that no foul play was being used (easy Vcash)

If you get trusted FMs, to which the current ones do have that trust, then it shouldnt be a problem. The FM should know about every promotion and as to why they got it anyways :)

Anarchy
08-09-2012, 12:27 AM
you do hold a point, however that kind of thing would fall into the FMs trust that no foul play was being used (easy Vcash)

If you get trusted FMs, to which the current ones do have that trust, then it shouldnt be a problem. The FM should know about every promotion and as to why they got it anyways :)

Even so, it would be rare for each army to have the same total payroll, so one army would needlessly benefit.

Salvanous
08-09-2012, 12:39 AM
First off, I broke it down into the tiered enlisted because these are easy to see the differences between the Privates, the Sergeants, and the Special ranks, it's easy to red flag if guys are getting promoted too quickly, and too high. Also the system I suggested would pay only the people who come to sunday battlenights, so you if I wasn't at the battlenight, I wouldn't get paid. Therefore it is hard to really break the system as long as both sides are being fair in their promotions (and frankly people are, and should keep that way)

Also, you are talking about people breaking the Vcash system, let's put this into context, we already have a limit to how much vcash can be donated per week, people such as myself, and other people with large amounts of vcash already can flood each army with Vcash to our respected limits, but if there is a concern that the small payroll I have in mind would still break even with that point made, then make it so that only say 5 people can donate per week. :P

Also, if there is a concern that both sides would boost promote, even with that note of limited Vcash deposits, and limited depositors, why not put limits on the amount of ranks that can be had in an army, a rank ceiling per say. In example, you could have only 20% of your enlisted be High Enlisted Tier, and or you can't have more than half of your enlisted be at, or above a medium enlisted spot. We have limits for how many lietenants, Captains, and Majors, and higher ups, we can also apply that to the enlisted ranks as well if need be. :P

Acid
08-09-2012, 12:49 AM
I should get payed cash just to be here because I'm that sexy.

Just kidding I'm not that full of myself.

Harry
08-09-2012, 12:50 AM
MORE MONIEZ?

Gargoyle
08-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Even so, it would be rare for each army to have the same total payroll, so one army would needlessly benefit.

Isn't there already a cap on the amt. of vCash that can be spent on an army already? I thinks its weekly.

Besides, this also brings up recruitment. Just another reason why you should recruit.

Salvanous
08-09-2012, 12:47 PM
First off, I broke it down into the tiered enlisted because these are easy to see the differences between the Privates, the Sergeants, and the Special ranks, it's easy to red flag if guys are getting promoted too quickly, and too high. Also the system I suggested would pay only the people who come to sunday battlenights, so you if I wasn't at the battlenight, I wouldn't get paid. Therefore it is hard to really break the system as long as both sides are being fair in their promotions (and frankly people are, and should keep that way)

Also, you are talking about people breaking the Vcash system, let's put this into context, we already have a limit to how much vcash can be donated per week, people such as myself, and other people with large amounts of vcash already can flood each army with Vcash to our respected limits, but if there is a concern that the small payroll I have in mind would still break even with that point made, then make it so that only say 5 people can donate per week. :P

Also, if there is a concern that both sides would boost promote, even with that note of limited Vcash deposits, and limited depositors, why not put limits on the amount of ranks that can be had in an army, a rank ceiling per say. In example, you could have only 20% of your enlisted be High Enlisted Tier, and or you can't have more than half of your enlisted be at, or above a medium enlisted spot. We have limits for how many lietenants, Captains, and Majors, and higher ups, we can also apply that to the enlisted ranks as well if need be. :P

VerbotenDonkey
08-09-2012, 01:03 PM
It's not about how much people can donate, it'll just be that each week everyone will have enough vCash to donate and it won't feel like they're giving up much cause there is so much vCash floating around. It should feel sort of like an expense. Now, if we removed the betting aspect and made it so that you can use your vCash payroll to do stuff on the forums, that's another aspect, albiet one people would probably not like as much.

Salvanous
08-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Verboten, the payroll of say:

Low Enlisted: 100 VCash
Medium Enlisted: 150 VCash
High Enlisted: 200 VCash
Officers: 250 VCash
Flag Officers: 300 VCash
High Command: 500 VCash

Won't have that much VCash floating around, if we take BLUE's performance during that last battlenight, I know that Ascension had 3 Officers, 1 Flag Officer, and roughly 5 Low Enlisted, 4 Medium, and maybe 1 High Enlisted. By using math, that is about 2300 VCash, and now if we multiply that by 2, you could probably see the entirety of each side roughly coming up with 5000-6000 VCash IF they brought a very good sum of people. This Vcash goes directly to each member of the community, not to BLUE Bank, or to REDD Bank, so EVERYONE that attended the battlenight would have to donate, and even then, that is about a quarter of what the maximum is to donate.

I don't believe for a moment that this would flood the site with VCash. Another thing to consider, is that there have been times where both sides I know have complained "Oh, well they only one because their good squads showed up, and the their weaker ones didn't" and if anyone denies that, you are bullshiting. This system would in that situation reward the army that actually had a good turn out, and would reward it's members for dealing with longer wait between matches.

This won't break the VCash system, because frankly there are people like yourself Verboten, and myself who have the means to supply the max amount of VCash donations per week, and frankly I could do that every week if I went full out and kept winning each week. The betting system is a dangerous, but fast way to get Vcash up, The Statbook is a very slow way to recover from that. What I am suggesting is a way to atleast give every member some pocket change.

Everyone wants to say that this will flood the site with VCash, but let's put it into a reasonable mathematical way of looking at it, If each side gets INCREDIBLE turn outs during Sundays, each side is getting roughly 7500 VCash, and that is under extreme situations of attendance, now that means that for an incredible turnout Sundays the entire site would get 15,000 VCash. That isn't even the limit of what you could donate to one side of the army, and frankly we have a lot more VCash entering into the site/and sometimes leaving the site from the betting system. I know I have walked away from some nights, with an additional 40,000 VCash in my pocket, I have also lost a lot in the betting, but you see what I am saying. THIS DOESN'T BREAK ANYTHING.

If you are saying "tl;dr" then here are my reasons in a nutshell:
-It gives everyone a thanks for being part of the community
-It rewards the good attendance during Sunday's, meaning less chance of 6 Squads going up against 2 Squads (or at least rewarding the side that actually came to the battlenight)
-It draws more people to actually pay attention to their site profiles
-It gives a new way to get income, while not flooding the community with Vcash
-The only people getting paid would be those who participated in the battlenights, meaning more people come, and it wouldn't be a complete pain to do.
-Provides more incentive to rank up, meaning more activity from enlisted
-Officer bonus provided by FM, would possibly make officers who do more work, get their appreciation (and don't try telling me they get promoted instead, there are always ceilings for people)
-Would give a bit more of a separation of ranking, meaning rank may mean more among enlisted.
-Medals haven't been a very large reward as they have been confusing, or non existent.
-The max amount of VCash that would be given to both sides wouldn't even be half of the max being able to be donated, and that is under the circumstances of a great turn out, and if everyone tried to donate, and everyone actually used the site.
-Specific rank tags when moving to Halo 4 will make monitoring rank easy, meaning difficult, if not impossible to boost promote.

The only way to really abuse this system is to boost promote people, however this can be monitored and frankly anyone will see if a PFC in two battlenights suddenly jumps to a SGT. SPECIALLY since apparently we are working on getting back Special Rank Tags for each rank when Halo 4 comes back. And even if after that this is a situation, then why not make a max amount of certain ranks you can have per army, after all, you don't have armies composed of only Sergeants.

Gargoyle
08-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Short sentences are better =P

What about map worth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe each map an army controls is worth x amt. of cR. Something like that technically puts armies at a slightly "unfair advantage". Whatever is broken with the vCash system can probably be easily fixed with some elbow grease anyway.

Salvanous
08-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Map worth has nothing to do with this situation, you are talking about Army Credits then, and not about VCash. What maps are worth credit wise, is not linked to us giving participating members Vcash.

Gargoyle
08-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Yes it is actually, Anarchy's point is that people will just promote ppl unworthy of said promotion to just get the maximum allowed vCash turned into army cR each and every week.

The maps is where a large sum of cR comes in for both armies to be able to do things strategically. So my point was gonna be if we just decrease the worth of controlling maps, then the FMs (or whoever does the battle planning) can use more donations. Thus, making ppl feel as they're contributing more.

Nicholas Sapien
08-09-2012, 03:09 PM

Silko
08-09-2012, 03:09 PM
You are in officer positions because you are capable, dependable, and interested in stepping up in the community.

This.

Logistically it would be a nightmare. Our reward for doing what we do is the fun we have on Sundays, the bonds we form with our squads and the fact that we officers get to be part of the political spectrum of FC. Yes, Officers do a lot of the work to keep this place going but in the end it is the enlisted that makes this even possible. If we didn't have the enlisted we would be a bunch of Chiefs but no Indians. This is among the other debates such as "Green Army" "Elite Loadouts" and others. These will never happen.

Salvanous
08-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Yes it is actually, Anarchy's point is that people will just promote ppl unworthy of said promotion to just get the maximum allowed vCash turned into army cR each and every week.

The maps is where a large sum of cR comes in for both armies to be able to do things strategically. So my point was gonna be if we just decrease the worth of controlling maps, then the FMs (or whoever does the battle planning) can use more donations. Thus, making ppl feel as they're contributing more.

*facepalm* Gargoyle, this is why I put the Vcash so low first off, like I said in my previous post, you would need all of this:

-Massive turnout (about 30-40 people per each side) to get about 7500 Credits, even if all of them were medium enlisted
-You would need them ALL to donate their Vcash for that week, meaning these 30-40 people would need to be active on the site as well.
-7500 Credits isn't even half of what our max donations can be for the week.

Like these indicate, you simply have VERY drastic ways for the Vcash earned to really bring too much into donations, frankly people with large amount of Vcash bring in more through betting than this. AND in the situation that we grew too large numbers that this was something that happened on a larger scale, then we could put a limit on how many people donated per a week. This REALLY isn't that hard to stonewall from being a problem. :/

Now to talk about the boosting of ranks, like I said, since we will be moving to specific rank tags in the start (or close to the start) of Halo 4, it will be MUCH easier to see what rank people are, and therefore easy to tell if people are getting rank boosted. And now first off this does mean that there is some trust among everyone to NOT rank boost, but in the situation that we need to feel like we control this situation, then why not implement a limitation on how many of certain high ranks you can have, such as "you can only have one Sergeant for every 5 lower members" as a crude example. What this would ALSO do if we did that, would mean that the people that had their rank would feel like they were the best suited for that job, instead of getting promoted to Sergeant just meant that you had reached a milestone in the community, it meant that you were best suited to be the Sergeant of those around you.

And Silko, this is WHY I am suggesting this, because what it does is while it gives Officers a little reward, my primary focus is giving the ENLISTED a reward as well, which is why I said that only those who come to the Battlenights are the ones paid. We tell people they get a reward for coming to Battlenights, and we have better turn out, and the reward is something site only, meaning more focus on the site from our members.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Salv, building on your idea, maybe we shouldn't pay for individual battlenight attended, but give soldiers a pay at the end of the war. Like a . . . thanks for fighting!

It'd be separate from the Army donating Vcash you win, just a solid pay for attending most of the battle nights for one war . . . it'd especially help people who are afraid to donate because they don't want to lose most of their Vcash if their army loses the war.

Small amounts too, just so we wouldn't be flooded with Vcash counts in the millions ya know?

Although it doesn't really matter . . . I already have enough Vcash to get myself rolling.

Mythonian
08-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Just by the way, whenever a vBookie event is created, anyone will less than 1000 vCash is automatically bumped up to 1000. This prevents people from not having any vCash and ensures they are always given options to regain lost vCash.

This is being thought of in terms of the current vCash system.

We will not be keeping this current vCash system. We will be changing a few things to improve the system overall since our current system is broken.

In the new system, there will be numerous additional methods to earn or spend vCash.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Just by the way, whenever a vBookie event is created, anyone will less than 1000 vCash is automatically bumped up to 1000. This prevents people from not having any vCash and ensures they are always given options to regain lost vCash.

This is being thought of in terms of the current vCash system.

We will not be keeping this current vCash system. We will be changing a few things to improve the system overall since our current system is broken.

In the new system, there will be numerous additional methods to earn or spend vCash.

Sweet, what will be be able to buy?

Mythonian
08-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Sweet, what will be be able to buy?

You'll need to wait until after this war. xD

SuRroundeD By 1
08-09-2012, 04:39 PM
You'll need to wait until after this war. xD

Aww, C'mon myth, just a hint? Sneak peak? Give me something . . .

Or I can stop bothering you for 1000 Vcash!

Mythonian
08-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Aww, C'mon myth, just a hint? Sneak peak? Give me something . . .

Or I can stop bothering you for 1000 Vcash!

Until this war ends, we are focusing on this war. After that, we'll begin preparing and announcing details for the Halo 4 wars. This will be among them.

Salvanous
08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Salv, building on your idea, maybe we shouldn't pay for individual battlenight attended, but give soldiers a pay at the end of the war. Like a . . . thanks for fighting!

It'd be separate from the Army donating Vcash you win, just a solid pay for attending most of the battle nights for one war . . . it'd especially help people who are afraid to donate because they don't want to lose most of their Vcash if their army loses the war.

Small amounts too, just so we wouldn't be flooded with Vcash counts in the millions ya know?

Although it doesn't really matter . . . I already have enough Vcash to get myself rolling.

Now frankly I would prefer to give them Vcash each week (or say every other week) So that people did feel like they were getting something for attending each Sunday. What Myth said about people getting 1000 Vcash automatically is a good thing, and it does relieve me a good deal. If this system is being scrapped for Halo 4, then I will simply apply that I highly think it worth implementing a payroll in which each member got a small amount of Vcash for each night they participate in Battlenights, with pay corresponding to tiered ranks (Low/Medium/High Enlisted, Officers, Flag Officers, High Command for Example) because I do really think it has so many benefits to it, and I think the token gesture would be appreciated by everyone.

If you do it during part way of the war, it is harder to establish a point of who gets paid, and who doesn't, and it becomes more of a hassle, also with a staggered pay like that, then people don't feel that sense of reward until after the war is over, the system I was talking about also rewarded high turn out for battlenights immediately, rather than later. For example, if only VDB came from REDD and played against all the other squads of BLUE, won the war that way, they would win the war, and the reward of a good deal of Vcash for the BLUEs compared to REDD's small amount would just not matter, where as if it occured per each battlenight, and we got paid per battlenight, then if everyone came together and donated, then it may have a better impact on the war, and not be a consolation prize, if that makes any sense. Doing it at the end of the war is easier on the admins, but it's less fun for the community.

I am really interested to hear what you are planning, I wish I could add my voice, or apply some opinions to what all of you are currently thinking, so I do hope that during the very start of this new system you are implementing that you will allow us to see, and possibly see about changing things a bit ourselves (if primarily agreed upon of course).

bazongaman502
08-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Now frankly I would prefer to give them Vcash each week (or say every other week) So that people did feel like they were getting something for attending each Sunday. What Myth said about people getting 1000 Vcash automatically is a good thing, and it does relieve me a good deal. If this system is being scrapped for Halo 4, then I will simply apply that I highly think it worth implementing a payroll in which each member got a small amount of Vcash for each night they participate in Battlenights, with pay corresponding to tiered ranks (Low/Medium/High Enlisted, Officers, Flag Officers, High Command for Example) because I do really think it has so many benefits to it, and I think the token gesture would be appreciated by everyone.

If you do it during part way of the war, it is harder to establish a point of who gets paid, and who doesn't, and it becomes more of a hassle, also with a staggered pay like that, then people don't feel that sense of reward until after the war is over, the system I was talking about also rewarded high turn out for battlenights immediately, rather than later. For example, if only VDB came from REDD and played against all the other squads of BLUE, won the war that way, they would win the war, and the reward of a good deal of Vcash for the BLUEs compared to REDD's small amount would just not matter, where as if it occured per each battlenight, and we got paid per battlenight, then if everyone came together and donated, then it may have a better impact on the war, and not be a consolation prize, if that makes any sense. Doing it at the end of the war is easier on the admins, but it's less fun for the community.

I am really interested to hear what you are planning, I wish I could add my voice, or apply some opinions to what all of you are currently thinking, so I do hope that during the very start of this new system you are implementing that you will allow us to see, and possibly see about changing things a bit ourselves (if primarily agreed upon of course).

^ i like this guy lol

Salvanous
08-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Huh, I didn't know that being an annoying pain in the butt would get praise, huh. >.>

Silko
08-09-2012, 09:27 PM
To be honest it looks like your just arguing for the sake of arguing

Salvanous
08-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Conflict always leads to better results, it's a proven fact. I am on the side that we should have some sort of more consistent way of providing Vcash, and I did consider this in total, however I do play Devil's advocate, or Angel's Advocate in some situations (term my philosophy teacher gave me for being Devil's Advocate to the Devil's Advocate)

Gargoyle
08-09-2012, 11:41 PM
While I agree with most of your points Salv, Myth said it won't matter til H4 comes out, so might as well save ur comments for then.

Choca Cola
08-09-2012, 11:44 PM
While I agree with most of your points Salv, Myth said it won't matter til H4 comes out, so might as well save ur comments for then.

Agreed. We should wait and see the changes, and then figure out ways to improve upon it.

Mythonian
08-09-2012, 11:49 PM

Community feedback has always been important in our decisions and the changes we make. Feedback will continue to be such well into Halo 4 and beyond.

We have no plans of excluding anyone from giving their two cents on everything.

bazongaman502
08-10-2012, 12:42 AM
fair enough... thank you Slav for your imputs.. im really impressed with everything you said :)

ArchAngelLloyd
08-10-2012, 02:35 AM

Here is a thought adding a sign up bonus for the new recruits like in the reg army. maby also giiving the recruiters a sign up bonus for getting them in the door (after the recruits have been active of coures for a few weeks so that way the recruter isnt a love em them then leave em kinda guy lol

If some one already posted something like this then just disregard.

Graycochea
08-10-2012, 04:52 AM
I agree with Salv(big surprise). Basically, he's thought this whole thing through. It's less about the Vcash and more about encouraging participation. We could always try it and if it doesn't work revert. Two cents. There ya go. Do with it what you will. Now I'm just typing for the sake of typing... and I'm gonna stop now... now.

Nicholas Sapien
08-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Instead of VCash how bout Microsoft points?

Anarchy
08-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Here is a thought adding a sign up bonus for the new recruits like in the reg army. maby also giiving the recruiters a sign up bonus for getting them in the door (after the recruits have been active of coures for a few weeks so that way the recruter isnt a love em them then leave em kinda guy lol

If some one already posted something like this then just disregard.

Recruits already get 500 vcash upon enlisting.

Having a neutral body award vcash to a recruiter for referring people to the community is actually a really good idea though. We'd just need to stress that you don't necissarily have to re cruit into your own army, as long as the recruit puts you referred them.

VerbotenDonkey
08-10-2012, 11:05 AM
We've had paid Recruiters in the past, or Universal Recruiters, and it didn't really work =/ New generation of people now so maybe it will.

Anarchy
08-10-2012, 11:13 AM
We've had paid Recruiters in the past, or Universal Recruiters, and it didn't really work =/ New generation of people now so maybe it will.

They don't have to have a recruiter title, just give someone 500 vcash or so for every person they recruit.

Salvanous
08-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I like the idea myself, of giving recruiters a bonus such as that myself. I know I have tried things similar to that in other places, and frankly I will say this, it's a pain in the butt, however I think that since we (or at least BLUE does, I'm not sure about REDD) have Military Updates in which we having a listing of who gets promoted, we can see when these new members have gone to certain milestones. I would personally advise that basically upon the point of a recruit either finishing their bootcamp, or upon being promoted to a PFC that the recruiter gets their bonus. after bootcamp is easier, but I think it's less Vcash happy if we do it after the first Battlenight as that already puts them into the "we have started participating, and are still here" category. Another thing to modify upon Anarchy's post, is that it could be a 2 part payment, you get your first 500 for getting them into the door, the last 500 for having them go through their first battlenight.

Also Lloyd, I saw you quoting Surrounded, and I just feel like urging just from that quote, that if we did this, I cannot stress enough that it should be we pay each member upon the end of each battlenight according to who came. Otherwise there are a few factors I previously discussed that become some difficulties.

Now I fully support us talking about this, I just also wanted to point out that we have to realize when talking about "VCash" that this system is either getting scrapped or modified a great deal, so while we definitely should talk about these ideas, we need to realize they will also need to be adjusted.

Reaper
08-10-2012, 12:05 PM
when i see this, it think lots of officers are gonna abuse this system if it were to happen. i'm against it. (about the whole "getting paid for being officer)

i agree with these guys over here about the whole paying recruiters though, but i say the people should only get paid if and only if the people they recruit are active in FC for 6 weeks. that way we know they don't just grab random people for a 2 sec thing of getting vcash.

Salvanous
08-10-2012, 12:26 PM
when i see this, it think lots of officers are gonna abuse this system if it were to happen. i'm against it. (about the whole "getting paid for being officer)

i agree with these guys over here about the whole paying recruiters though, but i say the people should only get paid if and only if the people they recruit are active in FC for 6 weeks. that way we know they don't just grab random people for a 2 sec thing of getting vcash.

Reaper, I won't bother to go over all the things I have posted, but what I have been urging, is that EVERY rank gets paid, not just Officers. The pay would alter depending up rank, and it is easy to manage and ensure rank boosting isn't occurring. And look at what I typed, and you will see that frankly 1000 Vcash for a potential new member sticking around is worth it, it's a token reward for your effort to help the community. If you want to look at my other posts, you will find much more content in them though.

Nicholas Sapien
08-10-2012, 01:16 PM

I didn't get paid :(
I still even have my title

bazongaman502
08-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Instead of VCash how bout Microsoft points?

Good thought.... but isn't going to happen lol