PDA

View Full Version : On the slight chance this war ends earlier than expected.....

Reaper
08-15-2012, 12:31 AM
I propose the next war should be a Halo 3 war if their is time. i believe we should progress from Halo 3 to 4 instead from Reach. and i know for a fact that at least half this community agrees with me that 3 is better than Reach and that quite a lot of you have a Halo 3 disc.

Opinions?

Spartanbh
08-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Biggest problem is not everyone has Halo 3 anymore. But it's not a terrible idea either.

Mythonian
08-15-2012, 12:41 AM
and i know for a fact that at least half this community agrees with me that 3 is better than Reach and that quite a lot of you have a Halo 3 disc.

So half of the community could participate? What do we do about the other 50% that wouldn't be participating?

It'd be better just to have some Halo 3 events instead of a full war.

Reaper
08-15-2012, 12:44 AM
I said at least, cause thats how many i've seen on my friends list played 3. don't know about rest. also Halo 3 is about $20 nowadays. would it be so hard to get it?

Mythonian
08-15-2012, 12:46 AM
I said at least, cause thats how many i've seen on my friends list played 3. don't know about rest. also Halo 3 is about $20 nowadays. would it be so hard to get it?

Do you know how hard it is to get people to buy map packs when they're half that price? xD

Still, I think it'd be best to do a series of events instead of a full war.

Gargoyle
08-15-2012, 12:46 AM
People prob saving their money. Why waste 20 bucks on a game they won't play for more than a month, at most.

What you could do though, is make a mini-war even in H3. I'd do that. Maybe 6 maps total? 2 toward each side and 1 cap map.

Reaper
08-15-2012, 12:47 AM
halo odst disc. that game should be about 25

Spartanbh
08-15-2012, 12:47 AM

A lot of people may not have $20 to spend since there are a ton of games coming out in the next few weeks/months (Madden 13, NHL13, Darksiders 2, Assassin's Creed 3, Resident Evil 6, etc). Plus you have to take into account all the extra DLC that may cost a few bucks. As Myth said, it would be better to do it as an event. It could be a little more laid back but you could still make it like a "mini-war".

Reaper
08-15-2012, 12:52 AM
halo odst disc. that game should be about 25

bazongaman502
08-15-2012, 12:55 AM
not everybody has money to spend

VerbotenDonkey
08-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Still, doubt people would want to do it. I agree, maybe as a community event we could do a mini-war. However, we'll be busy planning other community events and goodies as well. :)

Anarchy
08-15-2012, 01:12 AM
You already suggested this. (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?6823-I-was-thinking-about-Halo-4)

Another halo 3 war wont happen. It's fun to think about the possibility, but it wont. You'd be better of just trying to get a halo 3 event.

Blackhawk570
08-15-2012, 01:16 AM
This isn't gonna happen. I love Halo 3 way more than Reach. I honestly think Reach is a piece of shit, but I wouldn't go back to play Halo 3 because I already played it a shit load when it was relevant.

Reaper
08-15-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm resuggesting this cause last time they already had the maps and stuff ready plus they already announced the date. they also claimed it be long enough to last til November and i really don't see that happening to be honest.

Blackhawk570
08-15-2012, 01:23 AM
I would rather people have their focus on Halo 4 whether that be recruiting, promoting FC, or just getting to know their FC friends better.

Salvanous
08-15-2012, 01:36 AM
I hate to take a dump on this when everyone already has, but you are talking about asking the community to possibly rebuy the game, and even if it is only $25 dollars, I do know of a handful that is an issue for, and I don't feel like having those people left out because they can't buy the game, specially when people are already going to be buying Halo 4.

If you want to have more Halo 3 events, then consider having some practices with your squad in Halo 3, it may do some good, as it will reacquaint members with the BR, and de-Reach them. Besides that, you can also very easily host gamenights for Halo 3 now. I can tell you personally for Ascension Company that we are looking forward to a nice, long peace time in which all we need to worry about is improving ourselves, and making the company feel even better than it does now.

If you want to have some Battlenight type stuff, I could say we could have Army Practices, in which both sides shares freely their own training excercises (come on, we are a community, and things need to adjust for Halo 4 anyways), we could try mock Battlenights with goofy gametypes like Dino Blasters, or Grifball (I know a few members in Ascension would love that), or hell, you could do something like what I have done, and get Achievement Hunting parties together to hunt down some of the remaining pesky achievements in Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Wars, Halo CEA, or Halo Reach. Another thing you can all do (if Verboten is still doing it that is) would be to attend the LARP that he has spent so much time on.

People forget too quickly that we are a COMMUNITY, and that means we can branch out from more than our bread and butter event.

Gargoyle
08-15-2012, 02:07 AM
Once again, try a mini war. Short few maps. Call it an event. Could last three weeks

Coda
08-15-2012, 02:16 AM
A couple events would be good. I'll probably replay the campaign. It'll be weird getting used to the game again though.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
08-15-2012, 02:40 AM
I vote Nay, and to avoid basically repeating what everybody else said I won't list my reasons. Besides I have a lot of events in the works I may run during peacetime.

Look Reaper if you are dead set on doing this you can set it up yourself or even get a few friends to do it with you. But as for a full sanctioned FC event such as the actual battles I don't see it happening. I think what would be a better idea is to just do a Halo 3 tournament. Teams of say 4 can sign up and play each other in Slayer or a series of various gametypes.

MedeDust
08-15-2012, 02:49 AM
Go ahead start it. You run it. We'll let you have a subforum even. But our WC has to worry about moving forward not taking a step back. Halo 3 is a different game they would have to adjust things to and we need that energy to adjust to halo 4.

Nicholas Sapien
08-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Do you know how hard it is to get people to buy map packs when they're half that price? xD

Still, I think it'd be best to do a series of events instead of a full war.

silversleek
08-15-2012, 10:31 AM
it won't end early. blue still has to get all the way to your capital. this war will continue well into halo 4.

Sicarioano
08-15-2012, 10:49 AM
it won't end early. blue still has to get all the way to your capital. this war will continue well into halo 4.

Nicholas Sapien
08-15-2012, 11:11 AM

Yeah I haven't even built my great wall of dead imperials yet

AftershocK
08-15-2012, 12:20 PM
hopeing to end this war before the start of the NFL season (about 4 weeks) gotta put my try-hard pants on.

Reaper
08-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Go ahead start it. You run it. We'll let you have a subforum even. But our WC has to worry about moving forward not taking a step back. Halo 3 is a different game they would have to adjust things to and we need that energy to adjust to halo 4.

fine. can i get a subforum to start up things then?

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
08-15-2012, 01:40 PM
what would you like it to be called?

Fateless Wolf
08-15-2012, 02:39 PM
hell reaper ive been always looking for throww backs but,as a officer id personnaly see it to be hard getting all my guys and determining who has halo 3 and packs and its work that im slowly starting to run out of time to deal with due to school. but if you want ill be all for helping you with this id see it to be a fun little event hit me up later if you want :) ps itll cost you about 3000 v cash i dont come cheap ;) jk but hit me up man.

Reaper
08-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Can't think of name, any will do :sweat:

UnicornFetus
08-19-2012, 06:05 PM
This is why no one likes you, Reaper. <3

Fateless Wolf
08-19-2012, 09:00 PM
i like reaper i like him in many ways ;) hahahaha lol jk reaper.

Nicholas Sapien
08-19-2012, 09:02 PM
i like reaper i like him in many ways ;) hahahaha lol jk reaper.

*cough gay cough*
:p

Sicarioano
08-19-2012, 11:47 PM
*cough gay cough*

Where is B unit when you need him...

bazongaman502
08-20-2012, 12:09 AM
FC Relapse?

Reaper
08-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Unicorn just mad cause i kick him from my Minecraft games.

Sicarioano
08-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Unicorn just mad cause i kick him from my Minecraft games.

The real question is are you mad, because he leaves your Minecraft games?

Reaper
08-21-2012, 12:08 AM
inorder for him to quit a game he has to be invited to it, which he never has

Fateless Wolf
08-21-2012, 12:29 AM
*cough gay cough*

haha good thats what i hoped for lmfao aw man thats something not to hope for but atleast u understood what i was going for lol and hellwolfs just mad because reaper forgets to inv him <.< haha

FC Enforcer
08-21-2012, 02:05 PM
well crap i know im in if there is talkin about halo 3 wars to be honesty or a lil event but i still got my map packs from back in the day when they came out and i know its hard to come up with like 15-20 to buy then like 20-40 bucks for all the packs for it...but if i talk to old friends of mine i think i can get more ppl into FC and get more ppl that have h3 on but my old clan are asses when it comes to gamin and if they get mad but im going to see if i can help a little bit...

UnicornFetus
08-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Nooo, Reaper. You're completely wrong lol. Incompetent human beings these days...Anywhore, it's because you deleted me because my BROTHER blew up a house with a creeper. I didn't dew shittt. But it don't matter. Your parents still didn't abort you like they wanted to. Can't fix that. xD

UnicornFetus
08-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Oh, and you suck at Halo. <3