PDA

View Full Version : Xbox can't connect to Internet

Daaaah Whoosh
08-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Since the capital battle is tonight, I though it'd be a good time to figure this out. See, I'm at my university now, and I'm using the university wireless. However, they've done some pretty strange things to keep people off of the network, and that means that it's pretty much impossible for me to get my Xbox connected. The network doesn't even show up on my Xbox.
So, without an ethernet cable, I was wondering if there was some way to connect my xbox to my computer, so I can get to the Internet that way. I've been messing around with ad-hoc networks, but I have no idea what I'm doing, and it didn't work anyway.

Nicholas Sapien
08-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Since the capital battle is tonight, I though it'd be a good time to figure this out. See, I'm at my university now, and I'm using the university wireless. However, they've done some pretty strange things to keep people off of the network, and that means that it's pretty much impossible for me to get my Xbox connected. The network doesn't even show up on my Xbox.
So, without an ethernet cable, I was wondering if there was some way to connect my xbox to my computer, so I can get to the Internet that way. I've been messing around with ad-hoc networks, but I have no idea what I'm doing, and it didn't work anyway.

Have you tried smashing it with a hammer?

Ex Zen Mute
08-26-2012, 03:48 PM
http://ve3emb.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/ad-hoc-networking-an-xbox-360-and-a-windows-pc/

Yehsus
08-26-2012, 03:54 PM
College internet is always awful.

The best thing to do is use an Ethernet port. Wireless is awful for online gaming, even if you do get it to connect with XBL.

King Kyuubi
08-26-2012, 03:57 PM
you have to register your xbox with tech people on campus

Anarchy
08-26-2012, 04:44 PM

^^^^

For us, we just had to enter in the MAC address online. But most universities want devices registered.

Maxdoggy
08-26-2012, 04:56 PM

This. Precisely this.

At the University of Michigan we use NetReg and that is the only way any device can connect to an Ethernet port on Campus. Entering your MAC Address (Physical Address) online is the only option in most cases to getting connected. Try to contact your tech people on campus (but don't get your hopes up because not even I am working today - and that it my job on campus).