PDA

View Full Version : Waypoint Bulletin w/ controll layouts

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2012, 02:14 AM
This weeks Halo bulletin includes about half a dozen controller layouts (although I've heard that their including many, many more). I'm not so hot on most of them . . . and I was hoping I'd be able to use Recon but with Sprint being a main part of the game . . . and being on the X button, I might just stick with the default and learn how to crouch with B and melee with my right bumper . . .

Anyway . . . here is a link:

http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/08/29/The-Halo-Bulletin-82912.aspx

Although, I don't see the difficulty in taking the Recon layout, and swapping LB with Sprint, and RB with AA's, and give X reload and B melee. That would seem so much easier, since players were originally used to everything but the bumpers being like that in original Halo. Here is a link to show what I mean: http://oi46.tinypic.com/r6wnq0.jpg

zero_swat
08-30-2012, 05:17 AM
the fish stick layout looks a lot like the Call of Duty default layout

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2012, 05:20 AM
the fish stick layout looks a lot like the Call of Duty default layout

Yeah, 343i said that the Fishstick layout was for players accustomed to other FPS games. Haha, I think that right there instantly meant they tailored it for CoD players.

Silko
08-30-2012, 11:23 AM
I really really don't like these layouts. I LOVE the recon layout in Reach. I have been using the Halo settings even in COD (Tactical layout). Not liking this move 343, not one bit.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2012, 12:42 PM
I really really don't like these layouts. I LOVE the recon layout in Reach. I have been using the Halo settings even in COD (Tactical layout). Not liking this move 343, not one bit.

Well . . . the only real difference with Recon in Halo 4, is Sprint being located on X, which action/reload is RB and melee is B.

And, that's the only reason I don't like it, why not make Sprint and AA's on the bumpers, and give everything else the old control scheme it had back in Halo CE and Halo 2 before we had bumpers?

Silko
08-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Because we had the black and white buttons in the first two halos. In fact when you play halo on a 360 the bummers act like the old black and white buttons.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Because we had the black and white buttons in the first two halos. In fact when you play halo on a 360 the bummers act like the old black and white buttons.

. . . ya I know . . . but those are gone . . . so the bumpers should have the new features (Sprint and AA's) while the rest of the controller has a Halo CE/ Halo 2 layout. That's what I was saying.

Prof Blastoise
08-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Left trigger as aim... That is going to be very over powered because now you don't need to press your right stick in. Pressing the right stick in made it harder to zoom in and aim but with the left trigger as aim you can easily zoom in and aim at the same time. I mean sure, grenades will be harder for them to use, but aiming and zooming in with no interference will be very powerful. Looks like I am going to change from bumper jumper to this new layout.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Left trigger as aim... That is going to be very over powered because now you don't need to press your right stick in. Pressing the right stick in made it harder to zoom in and aim but with the left trigger as aim you can easily zoom in and aim at the same time. I mean sure, grenades will be harder for them to use, but aiming and zooming in with no interference will be very powerful. Looks like I am going to change from bumper jumper to this new layout.

I'm confused . . . how is clicking RS and zooming in to aim more difficult? You still don't have to take your thumb off the stick, so aim shouldn't be effected. Now, if you hold down RS when you take aim than I can see the difficulty in zooming in and aiming . . . but I don't think anyone does that, do they?

I just click it once and aim/ move the RS like normal.

Metkil5685
08-30-2012, 04:15 PM
*looks at Default*

That setup is perfect for me. You guys complain too much. =D

Good to see Bumper Jumper back in good fashion, but the sprint button makes me wtf.

These console games need to take a note from PC gaming and just let you customize your controller layout.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2012, 04:34 PM
*looks at Default*

That setup is perfect for me. You guys complain too much. =D

Good to see Bumper Jumper back in good fashion, but the sprint button makes me wtf.

These console games need to take a note from PC gaming and just let you customize your controller layout.

Frankie said no: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39291599&postcount=14787

My problem with default is that it will be harder to crouch jump with crouch being on B. I'll probably try and get accustomed to the Default or Recon layout though . . . if my favorite (linky (http://oi46.tinypic.com/r6wnq0.jpg)) isn't in the game.

Kcr33d
08-30-2012, 06:46 PM
I don't even Care the way I pictured Bumper Jumper is exactly what they put for me, I should be good if not well, gotta change with the tides sometimes.

Prof Blastoise
09-01-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm confused . . . how is clicking RS and zooming in to aim more difficult? You still don't have to take your thumb off the stick, so aim shouldn't be effected. Now, if you hold down RS when you take aim than I can see the difficulty in zooming in and aiming . . . but I don't think anyone does that, do they?

I just click it once and aim/ move the RS like normal.

Even pressing down on the right stick will slightly mess up your aim. Trust me, little things like that can be all the difference in a br or drm battle.

Guzzie
09-01-2012, 01:58 AM
Play bumper jumper and claw.