PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Team/Possible League

Blackhawk570
09-04-2012, 10:26 PM
So far this year I did one draft I usually do 3 (which I plan on still doing) and this is what my team turned out to be
QB: Phillip Rivers
RB: MJD
RB: Chris Johnson
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Victor Cruz
TE: Antonio Gates
FLEX: Demaryius Thomas
D/ST: Jets
K: Matt Prater

BENCH: Antonio Brown
BENCH: Roy Helu
BENCH: LeGarrette Blount
BENCH: Josh Freeman
BENCH: Michael Crabtree
BENCH: Randy Moss
BENCH: Martellus Bennett

Reasons behind picks:

Why I usually do a 10 player draft and I ended up with the last pick. (Also keep in mind I also pick players based on what is available) Some people may think this pick is horrible, but I definitely disagree. You have a chance to pick 2 top 11 players, but these two picks are very important and are going to shape your roster according. My mindset on getting MJD first was that he is a consistent player and always gets you a lot of points. It is a safe first pick imo. Chris Johnson on the other hand is a gamble I am willing to take. I believe he can come back and cause havoc for teams that let him go by. If anything he is AT LEAST a flex starter. Steve Smith I picked because this is obviously Cam Newton's go to target. This is kind of a gamble because Steve Smith had one good season in a couple of years, but he has never had a good quarterback in such a long time. Victor Cruz had his best season yet last year and I don't see there are any signs of slowing him down. Phillip Rivers + Gates combo - Believe it or not when Vincent Jackson was off the team for the Chargers Antonio Gates was on a season like Gronk had last year, but injuries hinder the outcome of the great season he was having. Gates says this is his best offseason yet and feels healthy and when he is healthy this is Rivers' go to guy in the end zone. I am expecting a lot of points of these two. Demaryius Thomas and Antonio Brown these two guys are both in a similar situation. Antonio Brown is potentially the #1 starter for the Steelers and he had pretty good numbers when he wasn't so I am expecting him to do good. Demaryius Thomas now has Peyton Manning as his QB and he did great with Tebow. Imagine what he can do with Peyton Manning on his side, but that is if Peyton is like Peyton this year. It is a risk that is worth taking. My bench I am not too happy with at all because apparently I wasn't scrolled up all the way for like a good 2-3 picks and I missed out on some good players that could have made my bench good. The reason I got Randy Moss this year because it is always worth to try to find a player with breakout potential. Randy Moss's doesn't rank high I would recommend Justin Blackmon of the Jags instead or Floyd of the Cardinals. My plan was to get one of those players but like I said I fucked up during my picks. Lastly I like my Martellus Bennett pickup because he is the #1 TE for the Giants and will be a great backup for Gates in-case if he goes down.

My draft protocol:

Like it has been in the past couple of years RBs are the #1 thing you should be looking to grab. They usually generate the most points and they are lacking depth of good RBs.

WR and QBs have probably the second most depth but WRs should take priority after the RBs.

TEs there are not a lot of great picks I would recommend Gronk, Gates, Davis, Hernandez, and Gonzalez.

K just try to get Sebastian Janikowski

D/ST I would recommend to try to pick up some of these around like the 5-8 picks because they can be more valuable than an actual player. Also a strategy is to pick up two good defensive and play the defense with the better matchup every week.

Draft: Everything is situational which I like because there are like no set rules on what you can do which makes improvising a key element to a successful draft.

Also keep an eye on breakout players in the year and try to pick them up

Another thing is I would recommend doing a draft after the preseason so you don't get stuck with a bummer injury on a high draft player.

Well these are pretty much my rules to doing a draft and so far the outcome is good. I have came in first place for 2 years in a row and took 2nd three years ago in the league I was in.

If anyone is interested in starting a league let me know because I will create an ESPN one if we can get at least 10 players:

1. Blackhawk570
2. Mededust

MedeDust
09-04-2012, 10:45 PM
I'll do it

fearfulpenguin
03-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Sign me up, I play every year, it would be fun to play with some new friends I have made on here

Relapsive
03-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Im game.

Blackhawk570
03-26-2013, 05:37 PM
never enough people

Relapsive
03-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Lol i just realized how old this op is.

Necro-post much?