PDA

View Full Version : Return of The Forerunners (part 2 to A Hero Awakens)

SuRroundeD By 1
09-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Here is the entire Waypoint bulletin with the video in it: http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/12/The-Halo-Bulletin-91212.aspx

Here is the Youtube link in case the Waypoint one is slow and buggy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL8QP6hSU9A&feature=player_embedded

Wow, just wow . . . hey Donkey, you told me these guys don't look very tough a couple weeks back in a previous thread . . . happy now? This game is actually making me excited, I haven't felt this way about a game since Halo 3 haha.

Guzzie
09-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Love the way enemies dissolve. Great aesthetic touch, so glad they are bringing it into multiplayer.

VerbotenDonkey
09-12-2012, 10:26 PM
They still don't look all that tough to me >_>

And DAMNIT. I SAW A NARROWS REMAKE. ALTHOUGH I LOVE THAT MAP, THAT BETTER NOT BE THE REMAKE MAP OVER THE OTHER BTB ONES. =/

SuRroundeD By 1
09-12-2012, 10:33 PM
They still don't look all that tough to me >_>

And DAMNIT. I SAW A NARROWS REMAKE. ALTHOUGH I LOVE THAT MAP, THAT BETTER NOT BE THE REMAKE MAP OVER THE OTHER BTB ONES. =/

The remake is not Narrows, they wouldn't make it that easy. Plus, Narrows is already playable in Halo 3, so it's impossible for it to be the remake because Frankie stated (a while back), that 343i was not going to remake any maps, that were already playable on the Xbox 360. If they're already on the 360, and you want to play those maps, go back and play those games (was their speech about it).

Because of that logic, the remake has to be a Halo CE or Halo 2 map. A lot of people are thinking that it's going to be Terminal.

And HOW DO THEY NOT LOOK TOUGH TO YOU!?

Knights can appear out of the environment, one enemy. Knights can spawn Watchers, which can fire at you, protect the knight, heal the knight, and deflect ordinance, two enemies. Watchers can spawn Crawlers (so far they can at least spawn three), and that makes the total enemy count = 5. Now imagine if there was MORE than one knight . . . that would lead to some pretty tough firefights, ESPECIALLY because the lowest ranking knight, is already stronger than an Elite.

So take Halo: Reach's legendary difficulty (which wasn't overly difficult but was tough in certain areas), and multiply that by five . . . Halo 4.

VerbotenDonkey
09-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Well I DO only play on Normal/Heroic mode, I never play Legendary lol. I'd imagine it would be really hard on Legendary. Maybe it's just that I play a LOT of TF2 so I'm used to having opponents constantly healed by Medics lol. And I usually just run through on 4 Player Co-Op with the Verbotens, so it's easier in that aspect too. But really, it doesn't seem that tough, especially with the new weapons.

Guzzie
09-12-2012, 10:38 PM
So take Halo: Reach's legendary difficulty (which wasn't overly difficult but was tough in certain areas), and multiply that by five . . . Halo 4.
I think your formula might be a little misleading lol, but I do agree with you that they do look tough. So far, they have only shown 1v1 scenarios (Master Chief vs a Knight). Needless to say its probably on normal difficulty; Anything higher and you'll probably face multiple Knights, all of which will be teleporting around the environment; one hit from them and your shields are gone.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Love the way enemies dissolve. Great aesthetic touch, so glad they are bringing it into multiplayer.

Yeah, I want to go into a Custom Game with 16 people, and have 15 of them crowd around while the 16th player fires the Incineration cannon at them, and watch the game spaz out because of all the particles and stuff. I wonder how well the 360 will be able to handle it? Or if it's even hard to render at all?

And my formula's are never off >:|

Coda
09-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Those guys look quite badass. Maybe Donkey's just crazy :)

Reach legendary was hard for me when I had to deal with hunters and elites at the same time. Other than that, it was mostly easy. This is... Well. I guess we'll see. It's kinda scary

VerbotenDonkey
09-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Those guys look quite badass. Maybe Donkey's just crazy :)

Or maybe I'm just ABLAZE WITH GLORY! NO FEAR! ODST OORAH!

:P

Coda
09-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Or maybe I'm just ABLAZE WITH GLORY! NO FEAR! ODST OORAH!

:P
OORAH!

Guzzie
09-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Also, that weapon that shoots like a BR and a DMR when zoomed? Yeah, no big deal :)

Coda
09-12-2012, 11:31 PM
In halo 4, Guzzie, don't even get near me. Please. Stuff is gonna go boom. I'll be hiding like a little girl on the other side of the map