PDA

View Full Version : Revolutions Chronicles #01

Mythonian
09-20-2012, 02:24 AM
I finally got a capture card, so I'm now able to do what I've been looking forward to for months now...

With the Reach Wars complete, we as a community prepare for Halo 4. However, we should look back on how we got here, and celebrate past achievements. I'm doing this by starting a series of YouTube videos I'm calling "Revolutions Chronicles."

Revolutions Chronicles will be a series of battles films selected from each war. These films will mark the beginnings and endings of each war, important turning points in the war, milestone games, etc.

For the first one, I selected none other than the first game of the first Battle Night on Halo Reach. Way back on January 9th, 2011, we began our first war of Halo: Reach. At that time, the best squad in REDD was Zulu and the best of BLUE was Fallen of Ragnarok. Appropriately, they faced off against each other to kick the war off to an intense start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROCag31tQU4

If you would like to recommend a specific game to be included in this series, include details of the game in a reply. Note that it must be a film that you previously saved and/or gave it to me via posting in the Battle Films thread. Also, it must be a film that has not already been posted on YouTube.

Be aware that I plan on doing the videos in chronological order, meaning I'll do all the major games from the first war that I have saved before moving on to the second war, and so on.

bazongaman502
09-20-2012, 02:45 AM
god o remember facing Zulu with Dark Rain. We felt so accomplished when we beat them on Boardwalk lol

keep these up Myth!

MedeDust
09-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Lol the one battle I was ever red

Ex Zen Mute
09-20-2012, 08:51 AM
I was sitting here for the longest time wondering who was playing.

VerbotenDonkey
09-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Ash looked so confused at the start xD

Ex Zen Mute
09-20-2012, 10:52 AM
My only comment for that map: It was broken.

VerbotenDonkey
09-20-2012, 11:00 AM
It plays great for Conflict!

Juggernaut9473
09-20-2012, 11:02 AM
i remember when me, kuhblam, garg, and a few others had a mix squad and went 7-1 on that map for CTF, the back entrances into the bases made it way to easy

Ex Zen Mute
09-20-2012, 11:21 AM
For objectives, spawning was screwed up.
I see the enemy is planting a bomb. Here, let me spawn you away from them were by the time you reach them, it has already blown.

Gargoyle
09-20-2012, 11:33 AM
That was a great game juggs.

And so was this. Nice idea Myth

MedeDust
09-20-2012, 11:41 AM
My only comment for that map: It was broken.

Yeah I remember I never played again after this night.

Yehsus
09-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Good stuff Myth, are you gonna release a video each week (IE Sundays) for the remainder of peace time?

Mythonian
09-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Good stuff Myth, are you gonna release a video each week (IE Sundays) for the remainder of peace time?

Aiming for twice a week right now, actually, assuming that I'm able to find enough other games that are significant (which is why I asked for recommendations).

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
09-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Cool video Myth, man I wish I was here for that war.

Daaaah Whoosh
09-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Was that Pavillion? Because if it was, Pavillion was my favorite map ever. We should bring it back in Halo 4.

Anyway, I like this idea. It will be good to remember all the fun times that were had when BLUE was winning, and perhaps even the fun times that were had when I switched to REDD and REDD started winning. Ah, the memories.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Aiming for twice a week right now, actually, assuming that I'm able to find enough other games that are significant (which is why I asked for recommendations).

Hopefully you see this haha, but I posted a vid a while back (after the Vigilance battle) on the Battle Films thread . . . in fact, I might have the entire last post on the thing haha.

But 'technically' that was the battle that won the war for REDD (last game, last set), and it came down to the LAST MINUTE (literally). It was adrenalin pumpin', screaming, down to the last hair when we took all the territories and took the lead with about thirty seconds left.

I think that should be the video the series ends on, or the HC battle but I definitely feel like the one I posted was a lot more interesting and hectic haha.

Mythonian
09-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Was that Pavillion? Because if it was, Pavillion was my favorite map ever. We should bring it back in Halo 4.

Anyway, I like this idea. It will be good to remember all the fun times that were had when BLUE was winning, and perhaps even the fun times that were had when I switched to REDD and REDD started winning. Ah, the memories.

Yes, it was Pavilion. It says so in the description.

And if it was your favorite map, I'd have thought you'd instantly recognize it... lol

Hopefully you see this haha, but I posted a vid a while back (after the Vigilance battle) on the Battle Films thread . . . in fact, I might have the entire last post on the thing haha.

But 'technically' that was the battle that won the war for REDD (last game, last set), and it came down to the LAST MINUTE (literally). It was adrenalin pumpin', screaming, down to the last hair when we took all the territories and took the lead with about thirty seconds left.

I think that should be the video the series ends on, or the HC battle but I definitely feel like the one I posted was a lot more interesting and hectic haha.
I'll double-check that I downloaded it.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-20-2012, 03:45 PM

Yehsus
09-20-2012, 03:47 PM

I got a few old games on my H3 fileshare from FC battles I believe....would those be worthy submissions?

Mythonian
09-20-2012, 03:53 PM
I got a few old games on my H3 fileshare from FC battles I believe....would those be worthy submissions?

Not for this series, but doing some H3 videos separately would be fine.

VerbotenDonkey
09-20-2012, 04:01 PM
I also have a pretty legendary game on Halo 3, come from behind win on Standoff, if you ever need older games.

Mythonian
09-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Definitely. Make sure they're uploaded and I'll get them Saturday before the Halo 3 event.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
09-20-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't care what war or what game but you HAVE to gave at least 1 Tritan video.

Daaaah Whoosh
09-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Yes, it was Pavilion. It says so in the description.

And if it was your favorite map, I'd have thought you'd instantly recognize it... lol

It's been so long, and I used to be BLUE back then. It's always strange to see a map from the enemy's perspective.

SuRroundeD By 1
09-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Hey Myth, you should uh . . . totally write back stories to these videos too you know . . . help make some FC lore?

*wink wink* *cough cough* *nudge nudge*

Mythonian
09-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey Myth, you should uh . . . totally write back stories to these videos too you know . . . help make some FC lore?

*wink wink* *cough cough* *nudge nudge*

Erm...

Don't get your hopes up.

Mythonian
09-22-2012, 07:46 PM
I also have a pretty legendary game on Halo 3, come from behind win on Standoff, if you ever need older games.

Downloaded now.

I downloaded the one you had on your fileshare.

VerbotenDonkey
09-22-2012, 08:03 PM
By chance, what was mine called?

Mythonian
09-22-2012, 08:54 PM
By chance, what was mine called?

"RvBO NuetrlBomb" on Standoff. May 3, 2009.

Yehsus's was "RvBO Ball" on Epitaph, Aeneas vs Forsaken

VerbotenDonkey
09-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Alright, did you view it? I remember naming it something different, but perhaps I renamed it. Just wondering if you knew if it was the game we had against Dr K.

Mythonian
09-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Alright, did you view it? I remember naming it something different, but perhaps I renamed it. Just wondering if you knew if it was the game we had against Dr K.

Yes. It was against Dr K, Dr Doom, Lord Kanti, Fear Spokehn, and Maxdoggy. It's from HeavyArm's perspective since you got disconnected at some point, though.

VerbotenDonkey
09-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Yes. It was against Dr K, Dr Doom, Lord Kanti, Fear Spokehn, and Maxdoggy. It's from HeavyArm's perspective since you got disconnected at some point, though.

Yeah it should be Heavy's perspective. We were obviously out-skilled but we managed to make some sneaky bomb arms and then at the end I lagged out and we were making a final push, by distracting all of them while we ran the bomb out along the outside of the map and then got the win/tie I don't remember. But I remember I lagged out and then I invited them all into a game and they were so excited about that xD

Mythonian
09-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Yeah it should be Heavy's perspective. We were obviously out-skilled but we managed to make some sneaky bomb arms and then at the end I lagged out and we were making a final push, by distracting all of them while we ran the bomb out along the outside of the map and then got the win/tie I don't remember. But I remember I lagged out and then I invited them all into a game and they were so excited about that xD

Oh yeah, it was a great game, and had an amazing ending. I won't spoil it, but expect it on YouTube sometime this week.

VerbotenDonkey
09-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks Myth! =D