PDA

View Full Version : Covie weapon trailer!

Gargoyle
09-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Not sure if posted already, gonna do it anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R13kQELNvgI&feature=g-all-u

Salvanous
09-20-2012, 12:05 PM
damn, no bruteshot.

Coda
09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't know if it's been posted, but if it has, I haven't seen it. Glad to see some good weapons coming back. But if there's the GravHammer... That means there's going to be brutes too, right? I don't think I've seen any so far... I thought they were pretty much extinct

Salvanous
09-20-2012, 12:09 PM
I am 90% sure they said there are no brutes in Halo 4 AS OF YET. This means we may find them in later Spartans Ops maybe, but I doubt it. However I think they are keeping the grav hammers more for Grifball than anything else.

Coda
09-20-2012, 12:18 PM
I am 90% sure they said there are no brutes in Halo 4 AS OF YET. This means we may find them in later Spartans Ops maybe, but I doubt it. However I think they are keeping the grav hammers more for Grifball than anything else.
Yeah, you're probably right. But if there's no brutes... where did the hammers come from? Did the UNSC hoard as many of them as they could back in H3 or something?

VerbotenDonkey
09-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Yeah, you're probably right. But if there's no brutes... where did the hammers come from? Did the UNSC hoard as many of them as they could back in H3 or something?

They might not be in Campaign, just multiplayer.

Coda
09-20-2012, 12:31 PM
They might not be in Campaign, just multiplayer.

I thought of that too. But they're making multiplayer fit in to the Campaign. If they wanted the IVs to train with the hammers, that would mean they would be found in combat... AKA Campaign. They might be found in Spartan Ops, but I don't see why there would be the hammers if they're not going to be found in campaign

VerbotenDonkey
09-20-2012, 12:33 PM
War Games are suppose to be tactical and train them for any situation. It could also be used as a tool, to throw one side off. Kinda give one team the edge and see how the other team reacts. Things like that.

Coda
09-20-2012, 01:08 PM
War Games are suppose to be tactical and train them for any situation. It could also be used as a tool, to throw one side off. Kinda give one team the edge and see how the other team reacts. Things like that.

It could be. We'll have to see, I guess.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
09-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Cool vid, makes me actually excited to use covey weapons.

Well I've always loved the carbine & beam rifle so I'm happy to have those back.

GhostHammer
09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Hammer answer is simple...

Multiplayer is training on infinity right? Holo training. It would make sense the UNSC would include all current issue UNSC weapons and all encountered Covenant weapons in their experience to ensure maximum training in the case Brutes were ever encountered again. They have a home world too, I'm sure they're still out there, whether we see them in H4 is a different story though.

Salvanous
09-20-2012, 02:31 PM
I am glad they shifted the focus rifle out for the covenant. I know that gun was cool to use, but every time I got it in invasion slayer I looked at it and thought to myself "What do they want me to do with this gun, just annoy people?" However I am concerned with the gameplay I saw with it, looks like it didn't have a meter to indicate overheating, and looks like it's 10 shots, so it may very well be a more powerful (though quickly used) Sniper variant.

The Carbine I have been concerned with since I saw MLG play, it looks potentially more powerful than the DMR, and the BR, but we will see how to really plays.

I'm happy the storm rifle doesn't seem to use plasma, and in that case, have a slower speed of projectiles (or at least as notable a decrease as plasma)

The plasma pistol from what I have seen doesn't seem to have as much homing on it, which I hope I am wrong about.

The concussion rifle seems to be still very good, but I wonder if it still really messes with the persons position, like how you could keep someone from touching the ground almost if you knew what you were doing with it in Reach. Though that brings up the question of if the Hardlight shield can protect against that well.

The gravity hammer looked pretty good, I hope that it has a bit more lethality when dealing with vehicles like what we saw with the ghost.

The sword I really can't say much about simply because I don't know how long it's reach is, but we will see soon enough.

Fuel Rod Gun looks perfect to me, but again have to see how it does against more vehicles to really back that statement up.

Juggernaut9473
09-20-2012, 02:39 PM
the "Storm" faction which is what covies we are facing in the campaign broke off from the peaceful covenant and still follow their dead prophets ideals, they could have easily kept some grav hammers hidden away

bazongaman502
09-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Brutes WILL NOT be in Halo 4 at all. According to 343, the Brute Storyline was over in Halo 3.

Now about the video: I really liked how the had to do a clip for the plasma pistol while it was used for each weapons clip one way or another lol

wish the did a clip for the sticky grenade :/

SuRroundeD By 1
09-20-2012, 03:11 PM
I am glad they shifted the focus rifle out for the covenant. I know that gun was cool to use, but every time I got it in invasion slayer I looked at it and thought to myself "What do they want me to do with this gun, just annoy people?" However I am concerned with the gameplay I saw with it, looks like it didn't have a meter to indicate overheating, and looks like it's 10 shots, so it may very well be a more powerful (though quickly used) Sniper variant.

The Carbine I have been concerned with since I saw MLG play, it looks potentially more powerful than the DMR, and the BR, but we will see how to really plays.

I'm happy the storm rifle doesn't seem to use plasma, and in that case, have a slower speed of projectiles (or at least as notable a decrease as plasma)

The plasma pistol from what I have seen doesn't seem to have as much homing on it, which I hope I am wrong about.

The concussion rifle seems to be still very good, but I wonder if it still really messes with the persons position, like how you could keep someone from touching the ground almost if you knew what you were doing with it in Reach. Though that brings up the question of if the Hardlight shield can protect against that well.

The gravity hammer looked pretty good, I hope that it has a bit more lethality when dealing with vehicles like what we saw with the ghost.

The sword I really can't say much about simply because I don't know how long it's reach is, but we will see soon enough.

Fuel Rod Gun looks perfect to me, but again have to see how it does against more vehicles to really back that statement up.

I hope you're right about that!

Haha, if people can spawn with the Plasma Pistol in Infinity Slayer and such, I don't want to be PP'd and headshotted instantly with every engagement . . . it needs to be limited since it's an off-spawn weapon now.

Another thing is it EMP's and stops vehicles. Imagine if it was a super tracking machine, how annoying it would be to get constantly EMP'd by Plasma Pistol users until you were killed . . .

@Gargoyle, thank you for posting the video. I could have yesterday but I was way too damn tired and lazy to do it, I figured one of you would and you did, so thanks.

@GhostHammer, yes, the Spartan IV's are training on the UNSC Infinities holo-deck, so it's completely possible that there is not physical Gravity Hammer on the Infinity, just in the holo training. Although it is possible that the UNSC Infinity had some (special requests/ maybe it was being studied), or the Storm Covenant have a few on board for some reason.

Salvanous
09-20-2012, 05:57 PM
true, about the EMP thing, but remember they said in specializations that there were a couple specializations that lead to vehicle repair, and EMP resistance in vehicles, so I think you will still be able to move if you had those, just not as much. Either way it DOES appear to be a faster shot, but I may be wrong on that.

VerbotenDonkey
09-20-2012, 06:04 PM
I think one of the developers said that it was close or a bit improved from the one in Reach. Still not happy about being able to spawn with it -__-

Salvanous
09-20-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm not either, but something tells me that it will be harder to get a clean shot on someone, followed by a headshot. Not to mention everyone has sprint now, so we are dealing with faster targets.

Coda
09-20-2012, 06:11 PM
You guys brought up some good points about that hammer. All very possible. I can't wait to see what they do. It's gonna be a really interesting game to play

Silent Arbiter1
09-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Beam Rifle is back bitches!

- - - Updated - - -

the "Storm" faction which is what covies we are facing in the campaign broke off from the peaceful covenant and still follow their dead prophets ideals, they could have easily kept some grav hammers hidden away

Oh well good that means that the sangheili didnt break their treaty with the unsc

zZ Dr K Zz
09-20-2012, 09:16 PM
I am so glad to see the Beam Rifle back! I will never understand why they took it out in the first place, the focus rifle was so damn useless to the point that I just used it to annoy the shit out of my friends rather than kill the opposing team with it.

I'm happy to see the Carbine back as well! I hope it's as strong or stronger than the DMR and BR as it was in the Halo 3 beta. I hated that they nerfed it to the point of uselessness in the final release of Halo 3's MP.

I miss the Brute Plasma Rifle the most though :(

Juggernaut9473
09-20-2012, 09:28 PM
I miss the Brute Plasma Rifle the most though :(

me too man