PDA

View Full Version : An Infectious Weekend [Infection Campaign Event]

VerbotenDonkey
09-27-2012, 11:34 PM
So, I spied myself another Infection Campaign that I am quite fond of, that involves Halo Reach's Custom Games. I know we had a LOT of fun doing these last time I held an Infection Campaign night, so I decided to look up another one. This 5 Part Campaign currently only has 3 of the Maps released so far, but they look really fun. I won't spoil the name of the Campaign so you guys won't know what Infection Campaign it is and look up videos to spoil it. :P I want it to give the full effect of people being deployed and not knowing their surroundings. Gives it a more eery affect.

Anyway, I'll probably be hosting this either tomorrow night or Saturday night. I have other arrangements Saturday Night so I'll probably be online tomorrow night to host this, and invite whoever is online. So sorry about the short notice! D: If you want to attend, just post here! The more the merrier!

It was a blast last time and I'm hoping for it to be just as fun this time around! The Campaign looks awesome!

Yehsus
09-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Booo make it Saturday night and you'll have a ton of blues to be on.

VerbotenDonkey
09-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Booo make it Saturday night and you'll have a ton of blues to be on.

REDWATCH practice is Saturday Night. I'll see if I can do it after that but that would be pushing like 10 PM EST.

Al Capone111
09-28-2012, 12:18 AM
If you do it tomorrow night i don;t get out of work till 11. So ill jump on then if things are still going and there is room

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
09-28-2012, 12:47 AM
you should do it tomorrow night, remember sat is the HC meeting :P

Last time was so much fun, If I'm on for this I could get a lot of other people to join us as well.

Coda
09-28-2012, 12:47 AM
I don't know if I can... Sounds like fun though. Can I get more information on how it works?

VerbotenDonkey
09-28-2012, 12:55 AM
I don't know if I can... Sounds like fun though. Can I get more information on how it works?

If you've ever played Left 4 Dead, it's sort of like that, but Halo style. An Infection Campaign is basically a linear style Infection Map that involves objectives, such as the survivors have to walk forwards, killing zombies and clearing areas as they await for things to happen, such as for a door to unlock or a ladder to spawn so they can move onto the next area. The Campaigns usually have a theme to them, such as you start out in a Hospital or something, and then at the end of that "Level" or Map, you would leave off at the entrance of the Hospital trying to escape. Then the next Map in the Campaign would be the Steets, and you've be fighting along the streets trying to get out of the city, or find a cure, etc. Infection Campaigns usually rely highly on asthetics and a cool backstory to make it feel real and get everyone excited. I'll give the backstory to the Campaign in the lobby before we play, just so no one can peak on Youtube and find it ahead of time to get a headstart on what they should be expecting :P

you should do it tomorrow night, remember sat is the HC meeting :P

Last time was so much fun, If I'm on for this I could get a lot of other people to join us as well.

Gah I forgot about the Meeting! Mostly cause I didn't think I was coming home this weekend, but now I am haha. Yeah, but it shouldn't last til 10 should it?

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
09-28-2012, 12:59 AM

Basically imagine the most fun infection gametype you've ever played :)

@Donkey, no I don't expect the meeting to last long. It all just depends on how side tracked we get. If we keep on topic we should finish within 30 minutes.

Coda
09-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Alright, sounds like fun. I'll try to make it, but no promises

Nocte
09-28-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm down, throw me an invite when you get on!

Well I'm going to my Homecoming football game, so hopefully it'll be late :p

Choca Cola
09-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Awwwwwwwwww Yeeeaaah! Sign me up, I'm always down for zombies!

VerbotenDonkey
09-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Well I'll try to do one tonight and then one tomorrow night, probably around 9 or 10 PM EST each night to get as many people involved as possible.

Jansen5
09-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Yeess this sounds fun...but I work saturday

VerbotenDonkey
09-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Yeess this sounds fun...but I work saturday

Can you make it tonight then, Jansen?

Jansen5
09-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Wrk tonite too....6-11:30

- - - Updated - - -

That's kind why I never make it to the matches anymore...I work evening shifts

Jansen5
09-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I am getting sunday's open though, so I'm available for matches

VerbotenDonkey
09-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Alright guys, so I have some survival style Infection Maps as well now, and I have some just overall fun custom games like Battleship Blockade, where you have to fly Falcons around a bunch of Battleships and steal the flags floating around and bring them back to your base. Its really fun! So come out tonight around 9 or 10 PM EST!

ItsGettingMessi
09-29-2012, 06:11 PM
id be willing to try this out. send me an invite if anyone doesnt know it, it is the same as this username

OPOC1L1PSE
09-29-2012, 06:23 PM
I might be there, but idk... Reach is poop =P