PDA

View Full Version : More on Forge! Halo 4!

SuRroundeD By 1
10-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Holy damn this video is awesome! SPACE FORGE WORLD ESQUE TYPE MAP THINGY LOOKS AWESOME!

http://www.gamespot.com/halo-4/videos/exclusive-halo-4-forge-mode-details-6397629/?tag=Topslot;ExclusiveHal o4ForgeModeDetails;Exclus iveHalo4ForgeMo

Wow! The new buildings, and lighting and . . . everything just looks amazing! Impact looks fun as hell to play . . . I don't know if I can wait for more than another week . . .

Thanks to Silversleek for the Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJ5lqXXtpU

Mythonian
10-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Sweet! Looks good.

One thing I'm slightly disappointed about is that the gravity volumes don't appear to be size-customizable. 5x5 and 10x10 seem the only sizes... However, the trait volumes (which can have modified gravity) are fully customizable... I wonder why there's this distinction? xD

Maxdoggy
10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Thee Assassin: IN SPACE!!!

*Whistles for Loco*

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet! Looks good.

One thing I'm slightly disappointed about is that the gravity volumes don't appear to be size-customizable. 5x5 and 10x10 seem the only sizes... However, the trait volumes (which can have modified gravity) are fully customizable... I wonder why there's this distinction? xD

It appears as if those gravity volumes can be visible so that they can act like "shield doors" if you wanted to make hangers on ships for SPACE BATTLES!!!!

SuRroundeD By 1
10-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Thee Assassin: IN SPACE!!!

*Whistles for Loco*

- - - Updated - - -

It appears as if those gravity volumes can be visible so that they can act like "shield doors" if you wanted to make hangers on ships for SPACE BATTLES!!!!

T_T Myth . . . FC Frigate battles, get to the drawing board pronto.

I will see that idea sprouted when I first joined this community fully realized. Even though I may not have been the first to suggest it, I will be the last to back down. I WANT FRIGATES!

Lol its James
10-09-2012, 03:46 PM
This is awesome, I can't believe forge has grown so much from halo 3.

silversleek
10-09-2012, 03:52 PM
i think this is it. the original link didn't work for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJ5lqXXtpU

Maxdoggy
10-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Yup. That's the video.

Juggernaut9473
10-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Holy Bob Saget batman, Forging in SPACE

SuRroundeD By 1
10-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Also guys, if you pay close attention, during . . . some moment after the 3 minute mark and before the 5 minute mark, when he's checking the forge options, a tab for Dominion is there! So maybe we'll get to fully customize Dominion, turrets, bases, vehicle spawns and all! I don't know, maybe that was obvious but I'm excited.

I can already imagine a game where there are two very large bases or 'castles' and each team spawn in one. The point is to capture the other teams, and eliminate the survivors afterwards. Time and score would be unlimited, and there would be tanks and Mantis's and flying vehicles and . . . I'm getting too excited.

Mythonian
10-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Also guys, if you pay close attention, during . . . some moment after the 3 minute mark and before the 5 minute mark, when he's checking the forge options, a tab for Dominion is there! So maybe we'll get to fully customize Dominion, turrets, bases, vehicle spawns and all! I don't know, maybe that was obvious but I'm excited.

I can already imagine a game where there are two very large bases or 'castles' and each team spawn in one. The point is to capture the other teams, and eliminate the survivors afterwards. Time and score would be unlimited, and there would be tanks and Mantis's and flying vehicles and . . . I'm getting too excited.

And everyone has overshields with no recharge, and you can only get your shields back by going to specific recharge stations (uses trait zones to do this)...

lol

silversleek
10-09-2012, 05:39 PM
And everyone has overshields with no recharge, and you can only get your shields back by going to specific recharge stations (uses trait zones to do this)...

lol

ooohhh nice idea.

Fitifong
10-09-2012, 06:26 PM
It's about time we get another forge gameplay video.

SuRroundeD By 1
10-09-2012, 06:29 PM
ooohhh nice idea.

I love how Myth replied to that post, but completely ignored my frigate post <_<

KazuhLLL
10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Sweet! Looks good.

I'm thinking they've anticipated that trait volumes would be used a lot for gravity-related changes, so they just put in gravity volumes so players can save the four channels(Alpha, Bravo, etc.) of the trait volumes for more complex effects.

Maxdoggy
10-09-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm thinking they've anticipated that trait volumes would be used a lot for gravity-related changes, so they just put in gravity volumes so players can save the four channels(Alpha, Bravo, etc.) of the trait volumes for more complex effects.

Dude! You exist on the Website! Awesome! :)

KazuhLLL
10-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Dude! You exist on the Website! Awesome! :)

I've been lurking around pretty often as Halo 4's gotten closer to release. Possibly gonna come back for the next war :)

Maxdoggy
10-13-2012, 01:50 PM
I've been lurking around pretty often as Halo 4's gotten closer to release. Possibly gonna come back for the next war :)

Awesomesauce! Come BLUE! :)

GhostHammer
10-13-2012, 02:39 PM
DELETE EVERYTHING BUTTON! YESSSSSSSS!

KazuhLLL
10-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Awesomesauce! Come BLUE! :)

Of course! ;)

DELETE EVERYTHING BUTTON! YESSSSSSSS!

Finally lol