PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who is not excited for Halo 4

Acid
10-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Seriously, I feel like I am. It just doesn't seem to have that vibe that the other Halos have had during pre-release.

Also hey guys! Long time, no post.

VerbotenDonkey
10-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes you are alone. This game looks AMAZING, especially after Reach. It has the hype; it has a standalone Series, Forward Unto Dawn, dedicated to it (lets see you top this one CoD), Spartan Ops looks just awesome to do with friends as well as have backstory and a mission to it, Campaign looks freaking awesome, the interface menu at the start just makes me cry with joy, the Assault Rifle finally sounds really cool. Can't say anything bad about it yet. Halo 2 will always be my favorite, but Halo 4 looks like one of the better additions we've seen yet.

Blackhawk570
10-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Seriously, I feel like I am. It just doesn't seem to have that vibe that the other Halos have had during pre-release.

Is it because you are a PC gamer? :D

Honestly I have not been more excited for a Halo game since 3. Honestly Halo 3 was such a huge excitement for me Halo 4 is probably half of that. Reach was like 10%. Viva Pinata Where The Fuck are my genitals Edition was like 68% of that.

Acid
10-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Is it because you are a PC gamer? :D

I think that might be the issue. I've gone almost completely to PC gaming and have been out of the console gaming area for awhile. But I blame all these freaking Betas and shit. World of Warplanes Beta, Mechwarrior Online Beta, Planetside 2 Beta (THIS GAME IS FUCKING EPIC), and then I got GW2.

But I don't know, from what I've read it doesn't seem to me to be like the old Halos at all. It's like the son that disowned his ancestors.

Juggernaut9473
10-09-2012, 06:57 PM
i got the halo 4 countdown on my phone, im so pumped for halo 4 :) IT NEEDS TO BE OUT NOW

VerbotenDonkey
10-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I think that might be the issue. I've gone almost completely to PC gaming and have been out of the console gaming area for awhile. But I blame all these freaking Betas and shit. World of Warplanes Beta, Mechwarrior Online Beta, Planetside 2 Beta (THIS GAME IS FUCKING EPIC), and then I got GW2.

But I don't know, from what I've read it doesn't seem to me to be like the old Halos at all. It's like the son that disowned his ancestors.

How'd you get a beta-key for Planetside????? Did you buy the Alpha Team thing?

SuRroundeD By 1
10-09-2012, 07:06 PM

I believe that's on purpose though, when Frankie and the higher ups at 343 sat down and thought about what they wanted, I'm almost positive that they said they wanted to make their own "Halo experience". They didn't want to copy and paste Halo 3, or Halo: Reach, they wanted to take the best parts of those games, and then add some and cultivate their own experience, their own game, their own trilogy.

Whether or we or I like some of these changes is always up for debate. But my hype is pretty high, not as high as 3's but let's face it, we always hype more when we're younger, and I was 12/13 when Halo 3 came out haha.

MedeDust
10-09-2012, 07:23 PM
You fail Acid. I am disappoint.

zZ Dr K Zz
10-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I was excited it for it and I was about to pre-order it....

....and then I saw the mech.

Dear god, the mech, I wanted Halo 4 not Chromehounds 2.

bazongaman502
10-09-2012, 08:20 PM

You actually aren't alone... im excited, but im only excited because its a new game.

Acid
10-09-2012, 08:31 PM
How'd you get a beta-key for Planetside????? Did you buy the Alpha Team thing?

They're starting to send out Beta keys. But this shit is fun!

AND FUCK YOU MEDEDUST! Stupid mister purple name. Thinking he's so big.
Just kidding I love you

VerbotenDonkey
10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
FFUUUU I'VE BEEN WAITING LIKE A MONTH! Still no Beta Key! And they just released the Ice Continent as well!

Rokkman X
10-09-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm not anywhere near as hyped as I was for 3. I ruined Reach for myself so there was less hype, but I still loved it. The Spartan's art direction is sub-par IMO, they haven't done much 'different' as far as gameplay mechanics and Spartan Ops just screams re skinned firefight.

That said Forward Unto Dawn is GODLIKE! I can't wait for friday :-D.

Also Xzibit is responsible for the mantis.
Hey Halo, I heard you like big power armor, so we put a robot suit into a robot suit, so you could be a super soldier inna gundam.

Acid
10-09-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm not anywhere near as hyped as I was for 3. I ruined Reach for myself so there was less hype, but I still loved it. The Spartan's art direction is sub-par IMO, they haven't done much 'different' as far as gameplay mechanics and Spartan Ops just screams re skinned firefight.

That said Forward Unto Dawn is GODLIKE! I can't wait for friday :-D.

Also Xzibit is responsible for the mantis.
Hey Halo, I heard you like big power armor, so we put a robot suit into a robot suit, so you could be a super soldier inna gundam.
What is this Forward Unto Dawn? Someone fill me in.

Mythonian
10-09-2012, 09:26 PM
What is this Forward Unto Dawn? Someone fill me in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJVgXBfSH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJVgXBfSH8

Acid
10-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Dude.

That was fucking awesome.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Ok Acid #1 lay off the drugs, #2 stop playing CoD, #3 refer to #1.

Lol j/k but if you seriously hadn't seen Forward Unto Dawn until now I can see why you aren't excited for Halo 4. If you were to get the game and re-enlist in an army *cough REDD cough* you may actually end up getting back into the Halo series.

Juggernaut9473
10-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Acid's tripping on himself lol

Maxdoggy
10-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Acid's tripping on himself lol

That's what he does. It's a cool story.

Also, Acid would totally come BLUE because HE AND I ARE IN THE SAME SIG MADE BY MEDEDUST (the Mexican)! We are both BLUE, and the sig is blue, therefore, he would go BLUE! :P

Juggernaut9473
10-10-2012, 09:31 AM
That's what he does. It's a cool story.

Also, Acid would totally come BLUE because HE AND I ARE IN THE SAME SIG MADE BY MEDEDUST (the Mexican)! We are both BLUE, and the sig is blue, therefore, he would go BLUE! :P

i can see the logic in that

Al Capone111
10-10-2012, 12:10 PM
I was excited it for it and I was about to pre-order it....

....and then I saw the mech.

Dear god, the mech, I wanted Halo 4 not Chromehounds 2.

Don't you ever, EVER insult the memory of Chromehounds. That game was amazing. Chromehounds 2 would be the best mech game ever. The 360 needs a good mech game. Either Mech Assault 3 or CH2.

Juggernaut9473
10-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Don't you ever, EVER insult the memory of Chromehounds. That game was amazing. Chromehounds 2 would be the best mech game ever. The 360 needs a good mech game. Either Mech Assault 3 or CH2.

QFT

Rokkman X
10-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Armored Core 4 was awesome. 4A was stupid fast and 5 kinda sucks. :/

zZ Dr K Zz
10-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I never meant no ill will of Chromehounds.

I just want Halo 4.

The problem with the Mech in H4 is the fact that I believe that it will be that vehicle that nobody will ever go for or use after awhile. Since everyone will understand what it is and take it down ASAP.

And Valhalla?! Was there any demand for that atrocious map? Seriously, I never knew people liked that map so much. Just give me my Halo 2 Blood Gulch back :(

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Yea Valhalla wasn't my favorite map either, however I am glad to see at least 1 remake of a map for the sake of old memories.

Also I doubt 1 mech will turn Halo into Mech assault. It will still play and feel very much like a Halo game. (I hope)

zZ Dr K Zz
10-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Yea Valhalla wasn't my favorite map either, however I am glad to see at least 1 remake of a map for the sake of old memories.

Also I doubt 1 mech will turn Halo into Mech assault. It will still play and feel very much like a Halo game. (I hope)
Haha, I hope as well.

I'm interested in the story just for the sole fact to see where they take it after Halo 3.

I'm just iffy on the MP side of the game. I am glad the beam rifle is back! (Still not sure why they took it out in the first place)

Rokkman X
10-10-2012, 05:35 PM

My old group, CGU will probably set out to make it such. That would be fun for a while.

Yehsus
10-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Valhalla was a great BTB map, I dont know what you people are tripping on, but I dont want any of it.

I link you people to the same that hated Wayont in Reach. Granted, Reach maps were awful, but Wayont was terrific.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Hey I like Wayont as well. Altho Abridged was my favorite BTB map.

I think Paradiso is the only "forged" BTB map I don't like. As for 4v4 maps theres quite a few I'm not fond of.

SuRroundeD By 1
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Valhalla was a great BTB map, I dont know what you people are tripping on, but I dont want any of it.

I link you people to the same that hated Wayont in Reach. Granted, Reach maps were awful, but Wayont was terrific.

DUDE I KNOW! Objective games on Wayont were awesome but no one ever picked it!

Flag and bomb were always a blast to play! And there were always so many ways to engage the enemy. Long range, with little cover to break up firefights. You weren't safe until you hit the middle, and even then you weren't completely safe. If you could get inside your enemies base, CQC fights were usually really fun too.

I also like Valhalla though, mainly because I'm a fan of maps that have one or two main areas of battle. A lot of the action in Valhalla is fending off hostiles from that hill, I wish I had been around FC during Halo 3 . . . I could only imagine Hill 30 on Valhalla, everyone rushing for the hill haha. SO MANY TARGETS, SO LITTLE TIME!

Acid
10-11-2012, 07:42 AM

Mechwarrior Online is looking very promising. I'm currently in its beta.

Juggernaut9473
10-11-2012, 09:03 AM
key word there Casey, 360

Nocte
10-11-2012, 09:46 AM
If you're a Halo nerd, this is by far the most anticipated game in Halo history. You have the Kilo-Five Trilogy book the Thursday War leading up to Halo 4. The Forward Unto Dawn live-action series leading up to Halo 4. So much lore and so many questions will be answered by this game! I had a god damn Halo nerdgasm while reading the last 20 pages of The Thursday War!