PDA

View Full Version : All Halo 4 Forge Maps Walkthrough (New Map!)

Fitifong
10-10-2012, 06:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05S3eMBPaHw&feature=youtu.be

I think my favorite is Impact, but I also think Erosion looks fucking sick! Especially with all the caves and overhangs you can build in.

Discuss!

Maxdoggy
10-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Awesome!

Also, if you look at the video around 7 minutes in and a bit later, the Theater system appears to let you focus the camera in-game. That'd be awesome!

Juggernaut9473
10-11-2012, 09:13 AM
I want to get my hands of Impact

VerbotenDonkey
10-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Is it just me .. or are all those Forge spaces really small. =/

Juggernaut9473
10-11-2012, 11:08 AM
they do seem small compared to forge world...but that's all we had since reach came out so were used to it

VerbotenDonkey
10-11-2012, 12:15 PM
they do seem small compared to forge world...but that's all we had since reach came out so were used to it

Yes but it allowed us to make some really large Maps, and I rather enjoyed one large open Map like that. Especially for the LARP =/

Also, it worries me that they're all small, which may mean no new aerial vehicles besides the Banshee, and no returning Falcon/Hornet.

Mythonian
10-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I'd estimate they range from a third to half the size of Forge World. All of them are easily large enough for full-scale 8v8 games.

While it might be worse for very specialized forgers (and for your LARP), but this seems like a big positive for 99% of every other forger, since it gives us a variety of pallets, forge environments, and still plenty of space to make whatever we want.

Yehsus
10-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Forge world was dope though. I kind of wish they expanded on it, rather than take a step back.

An open world pallet would even make me want to create maps, for example if we could edit on the mountains, in space, or by a river bed....

Rokkman X
10-11-2012, 02:44 PM
I dislike specialized static terrain in forge. That first map, someone is gonna make a good/ sort of good map on that hill space and nobody will never use that particular space for anything else. :/
I almost freaked out when they showed the cave, Thought my Waterworks remake will be here! Nope just a bunch of grifball and re imaginings of high ground.
:/

Juggernaut9473
10-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Forge world was dope though. I kind of wish they expanded on it, rather than take a step back.

An open world pallet would even make me want to create maps, for example if we could edit on the mountains, in space, or by a river bed....

only game that gave us that was far cry 2

bazongaman502
10-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Im pumped for Impact... i loved Anchor 9 because it took place in space. I cant fuckin wait for awesome maps coming from that

Juggernaut9473
10-11-2012, 04:37 PM
LOW GRAVITY FTW

GhostHammer
10-11-2012, 04:39 PM
If they're going to downsize us this much from Forge World, they better be releasing more than 3 Forge maps. I'm expecting like 6 at minimum. No Covenant style map? No UNSC style map? Not cool. Sure the Asteroid is UNSC but you can't do much on that one from the looks of it.

Juggernaut9473
10-11-2012, 04:41 PM
don't know how much you can do till you get the game and get to work

Choca Cola
10-11-2012, 05:25 PM
This is awesome! However, I do wish we had a flat area to forge somewhere that isn't in some gray UNSC or Forerunner box. Along with I was expecting a desert forge map :/

But hey, this is a large step in the right direction, good job 343!

Maxdoggy
10-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Walkthrough for Complex is up on IGN!

http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Complex

ArchAngelLloyd
10-11-2012, 08:16 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Fitifong
10-12-2012, 12:38 AM
The reason why Forge World didn't make a return was because consoles today aren't ready for it yet, in my opinion. In reach, you would only use 10% of the space for a map because there isn't enough budget. Also, there were apparently fps drops too. Plus, one giant map with the same stuff is boring, and there isn't enough space for 3 huge maps OR putting 3 different pallets in the one big world.

Forge World was very limited when it came to objects. Maybe in Halo 5/6 we'll see the return of a big map, because it will be on a new console, and the discs will be blu-ray. There will be plenty of space and hardware power to have a huge amount and variety of objects in several huge-sized maps.

VerbotenDonkey
10-12-2012, 12:44 AM
The reason why Forge World didn't make a return was because consoles today aren't ready for it yet, in my opinion. In reach, you would only use 10% of the space for a map because there isn't enough budget. Also, there were apparently fps drops too. Plus, one giant map with the same stuff is boring, and there isn't enough space for 3 huge maps OR putting 3 different pallets in the one big world.

Forge World was very limited when it came to objects. Maybe in Halo 5/6 we'll see the return of a big map, because it will be on a new console, and the discs will be blu-ray. There will be plenty of space and hardware power to have a huge amount and variety of objects in several huge-sized maps.

For competitive play, this may be true. But there are some amazing casual maps that came out of Forge World, simply because of how large it was. Such as BattleShip Blockade, or even Bunker Complex.