PDA

View Full Version : Planetside 2 Beta

VerbotenDonkey
10-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Hey, so does anyone else have a Planetside 2 Beta and want to team up? I just scored myself a Beta from their Twitter (because I'm amazing at sucking up to their twitter admins xD) and I'm downloading the Beta now. For those of you who don't know anything about Planetside 2, it's only the best MMOFPS ever! :D 2000 people per continent, three factions, each having their own unique stuff, battle over the giant continent's control points and resources. About 8 different classes to choose from. Personally, I'm probably going Terran Republic because they're the Imperial-style Faction and I love me some Imperials.

Anyway, if you have a decent PC, I highly recommend checking this game out via Youtube and seeing if it's for you and giving it a try. Definitely looks like a solid game. If you want to play if you have the Beta, I'd be more than glad to! I play very tactically and am really into military simulation, so this game definitely fits my bill lol.

GhostHammer
10-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Donkey is there a way into the beta? Is it MAC compatible? I'm totally in, I remember you telling me about this!

VerbotenDonkey
10-10-2012, 11:26 PM
I have no idea if it's MAC compatible. I don't know how much you know of twitter (I know nothing, I made one specifically for this), but you have to make a Twitter account, Follow Planetside 2, and then post on their Twitter in creative ways (create a drawing that is PS2-esque, write a poem, be witty and make a joke, etc. Just asking for one plain out is what everyone does so they look for unique posts). It took me like 2 nights of posting, but I finally got one! Also, make sure you register an account on their website!

VerbotenDonkey
10-10-2012, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szy1H5eReP8&feature=plcp

Here's a video to show you some of the Outfits (kind of like Clans) movement. Not much combat in the video, just to show you a small part of the large battle.

VerbotenDonkey
10-11-2012, 12:18 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/331425981

Triple post lol but here is my favorite video. Starts out a bit slow, but it really shows some tactical play. This is like the essence of what Planetside 2 is about.