After November 1st:

1 Month: $9.99

3 Month: $24.99

12 Month: $59.99

Microsoft is running a deal on 12 Month subscriptions priced at $39.99:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pricelock/default.htm

Mi Boys Dinner
08-30-2010, 01:13 PM
You got to be fucking shitting me. That's bullshit!

AftershocK
08-30-2010, 01:32 PM
fuck. microsoft.

Mi Boys Dinner
08-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Might be my last subscription.

Ex Zen Mute
08-30-2010, 01:53 PM
I wonder if Microsoft will ever follow in Sony's footsteps.

Premium content costs. Playing online does not.

That have to pay someway for there new features. Though, I wish you can make a plan on what features you can use and call the price on that.

Fiery Grave
08-30-2010, 01:58 PM
OKay, what is going to happen, 1. thousands of player are going to stop playing XBL and play something else and MS will drop the price back down (Maybe even lower) Or people will pay the extra 10 dollars for a year... thats 83 cents a month...

and geuss what even though our dollar is only been about 2-5 cents less that yours for a few years now we have been paying that price the whole time. we don't even get access to things like netflix or last FM.

so quit cha bitchin

Acid
08-30-2010, 01:59 PM
I agree with Ash(E X Z A). This is complete BS. Micro$oft has enough money as it is.

HeavyArms
08-30-2010, 02:05 PM
OKay, what is going to happen, 1. thousands of player are going to stop playing XBL and play something else and MS will drop the price back down (Maybe even lower) Or people will pay the extra 10 dollars for a year... thats 83 cents a month...

and geuss what even though our dollar is only been about 2-5 cents less that yours for a few years now we have been paying that price the whole time. we don't even get access to things like netflix or last FM.

so quit cha bitchin

I agree with him :stupid:

zZ Dr K Zz
08-30-2010, 03:01 PM
83 cents more per month people.

Sorry doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

RaZ Vader
08-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I think its fucked up. PS3 is free. XBL is not. THAT doesn't make any sense.

LocoCrazy
08-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Oh but it does. Microsfot is full of greed. Sony can see that and gamers can as well.

I said this a million times. If it wernt for FC and the friend I've meet in FC. I'd be a strict PS3 player.

Mi Boys Dinner
08-30-2010, 03:21 PM
83 cents more per month people.

Sorry doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

Some of us don't have jobs to pay 60 bucks.

Acid
08-30-2010, 03:24 PM
.83x12=$9(rounded) which would be another month with today's prices. So we're paying for an extra month we don't get so to speak.

Fiery Grave
08-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I think its fucked up. PS3 is free. XBL is not. THAT doesn't make any sense.

its because the PS3's entire online is based around it being free, its the only way the can compete with XBL. other wise they don't have the experience or developer support for online play.

look at the PS2's online.... how many big games had online on it, games that defined the PS2 like MGS, and GOW none... PS3's online started as just a cheap little thing they threw in for bonus point towards their system, even though when it launched there were no standards for it (Like on Xbox any game that has live must support the friends system and have voice chat in game, which several PS3 exclusive games did not have either and was lucky to have one (talking launch)). if a game is broken or has massive glitches (Like some of the bigger one on MW2) the creators of the game had to fix the problem through update on XBL, on PSN they did not.
(I don't know if their policies have changed at all) PSN was not expected to become as big as it did (Which it got that way mostly because gamers like to be cheap) and when it did they started supporting it more, but they already said it was free and are stuck with that and know that even if they charged a 1$ a month they would lose a lot of people on the PSN. PSN was initially supposed to be the equivalent of a silver membership on XBL except you could play games online.

now do you understand, PS3 is taking a big loss from its free PSN and the only reason they are accepting it is because its the only thing that allows them to compete with XBL.

and again this really only effects Americans as they have had the cheaper rate than any other country has had (All countries already pay that much as it is (except mexico ))

Dinner and Acid if 10 dollars a year is too expensive, i think you should have higher priorities than playing xbox and maybe should try harder to get a job.... I don't have a job and I can still afford it. (No my mother doesn't pay for it).

go cuts some lawns or shovel some walk ways to make some money, ask neighbors if they have any odd jobs you could do, ask your neighbors if they could get you a job somewhere. instead of bitching about it do something about it.

acid your looking at it like its Hitler killing the Jews (Capone don't say anything) so what you pay a little more you also have to think that everything is more expensive now, games when XBL came out were about 10$ cheaper. So are we paying for extra content that we don't get now?
food is more expensive, are you paying for more food that you don't get now? no, its just cost of things go up, supply and demand. you either live with it or shut up and die. (I am not saying you should die or trying to be rude here) if you brought a person from the 1950's to our time he would be blown away by the prices of everything that seems cheap to us, "1$ for a bar of chocolate?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ? thats ridiculous!!! maybe 10 cents at most!"

and every other country has been paying this price all along, since 2002. so look at it this way all this time you have been paying for 11 months and getting one free.

Kuhblam
08-30-2010, 03:45 PM
On a side-note, I will be having a competition in Reach with the prize as a 12-Month. So you could just win that and not have to worry about buying it.

On a second side-note, I may be doing these each month if I can afford it; of course, the prize will vary.

Deathhawk
08-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Ehh, fuck you Microsoft. Dirty greedy bastards.
I don't care if its 5 more dollars per 3 month (I typically buy three months because I usually get 20$ before 50)

I don't see why I have to pay more when NOTHING is changing.

Fiery Grave
08-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Ehh, fuck you Microsoft. Dirty greedy bastards.
I don't care if its 5 more dollars per 3 month (I typically buy three months because I usually get 20$ before 50)

I don't see why I have to pay more when NOTHING is changing.

why do I have to pay more than you when I am just a 1 hour drive away from the US border?

Deathhawk
08-30-2010, 04:28 PM
why do I have to pay more than you when I am just a 1 hour drive away from the US border?
I don't know. That's not my point.

HeavyArms
08-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Like I said I agree with Fiery, its not like its that hard to get money. I know its hard to get a job, but there are alot of busy/lasy people who will pay to mow their grass/ snovel snow during the winter... ECT.

Mi Boys Dinner
08-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Kinda hard to find jobs Fiery, when it's 50 miles away from everything. There's no jobs near me cause America fucked itself over.

HeavyArms
08-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Dinner, Im in the same boat. But I have a car and live near almost everything. I still cant get a job. If you have to get a year then save your money, or atleast alittle bit. You may have to go without xboxlive for a week or two but still. I just get 3 months or a one month, then I can save the rest or spend it on what I want. Like a new controller or a shiney thing that I dont need for my xbox.

Mi Boys Dinner
08-30-2010, 04:39 PM
I understand that, but Fiery called me out so I had to say something.

Also, I have a car too but I still can't find anything but cornfields and rednecks.

HeavyArms
08-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Well Im near walmart, mcds, wendys, ECT and still cant get a job. So yea. Didnt know he singled you out, bad Fiery bad. Anyway yea, I just dont give a shit if they raise the price. If it goes over 100$ then I'll just save my money for something else.

Mi Boys Dinner
08-30-2010, 04:46 PM
He called me out cause I said I didn't have a job. Nobody around here is hireing cause there are no jobs here.

Fiery Grave
08-30-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't know. That's not my point.

it is your point, you bellyaching that you have to pay more and don't get anything out of it. I am saying I have been paying more than you all this time and get less than you.

its always been that price in canada and we don't get things like nextflix espn and a lot of those extras they talk about.

really you guys have been paying for 11 months and getting 1 month free this whole time, well compared to the rest of the world

Maxdoggy
08-30-2010, 05:08 PM
it is your point, you bellyaching that you have to pay more and don't get anything out of it. I am saying I have been paying more than you all this time and get less than you.

its always been that price in canada and we don't get things like nextflix espn and a lot of those extras they talk about.

really you guys have been paying for 11 months and getting 1 month free this whole time, well compared to the rest of the world

It's about time Microsoft upped the price. I was completely expecting it.

While it does suck that it is happening, I'm fine with the change it price. It's not a hassle for me, I can renew now and get it for $40. Sadly, that does not apply to our other North American friends. Which is complete bullshit.

Fiery, you and your friends are getting screwed the fuck over. I suggest writing calm, cool, and collected emails to your friends at Microsoft and getting that renew-for-cheap deal where you are.

I recognize that Microsoft has given gamers a LOT for the subscription price. Just look at PC games and their subscription fees. Often, it is $15 a month for it.

While I don't believe that'll happen to us anytime soon, I fully expect it within the next console generation.

Get used to these changes and you'll be better for it.

Gaming is a business more than ever now, and with Activision and EA starting to charge to play online (ex: playing a used copy of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 costing $10-$15), you will be nickeled and dimed like never before.

This is a changing game economy.

Again, get used to it.

Fiery Grave
08-30-2010, 05:21 PM
actually that deal is up here in Canada, its 50$ but thats still 10$ cheaper than normal

MedeDust
08-30-2010, 06:50 PM
What can you do? PS3 has no Reach. All you can do is raise money from here till the day before the new prices and get yourself a good deal that will last. I'm going to buy 2 years worth before the prices go up.

Deathhawk
08-30-2010, 07:11 PM

Excuse me, no, that is not my point. In fact, you completely misunderstood what my post was.

KillerGUNNY132
08-30-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm not that upset about the price increase. Microsoft puts together an excellent online experience. They are the leader in video gaming right now.

And with the influx of people joining xbox live, they saw a business opportunity and capitalized on it. A very smart decision business wise.

As far as Sony vs. Microsoft are.

Microsoft blows them out of the park.

I dont give a shit about Sony's free online play. It no where matches Xbox Live. Not One Bit. Its prime game is prob. Killzone. Plus whatever third party games they have. (COD ect.)

As far as I know, Xbox Live's subcribers numbers destroy the PS3's.

I'm done.

Enjoy your complaining about high prices. (Even though you prob. would have done it)

PS:

inb4 Loco's rant about how much the Xbox sucks.

Sorry Loco, stats dont lie.

Now I'm done.

KillaDawg360
08-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Greedy fucks. They think because they have a good console with good games, give them an excuse to pull more money outta us? Games are fuckin expensive as it is, wtf is this BS. I can't even afford the normal price 1 year subscription, how AM I GONNA AFFORD AN EXTRA 10 DOLLARS?!

ratingzachary
08-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Should i do the 39.99 thing right now or no?

zZ Dr K Zz
08-30-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm not that upset about the price increase. Microsoft puts together an excellent online experience. They are the leader in video gaming right now.

And with the influx of people joining xbox live, they saw a business opportunity and capitalized on it. A very smart decision business wise.

As far as Sony vs. Microsoft are.

Microsoft blows them out of the park.

I dont give a shit about Sony's free online play. It no where matches Xbox Live. Not One Bit. Its prime game is prob. Killzone. Plus whatever third party games they have. (COD ect.)

As far as I know, Xbox Live's subcribers numbers destroy the PS3's.

I'm done.

Enjoy your complaining about high prices. (Even though you prob. would have done it)

PS:

inb4 Loco's rant about how much the Xbox sucks.

Sorry Loco, stats dont lie.

Now I'm done.
Your right the "stats don't lie" as seen here:

"When considering this, it's no surprise that nearly 95% of PS3 owners are also PSN members (20 million PSN members out of 21 million consoles sold), while only 66% of Xbox 360 owners are Xbox Live subscribers (est. 18.5 million users to 27.93 million consoles)."
Source. (http://www.betanews.com/article/PlayStation-Network-claims-20-million-users/1235591966)

Anyway, I do agree that XBL still provides a great service to its community, the PSN is starting to catch up and very quickly at that.

Sony was let to the party, but they are nearly neck and neck with Microsoft.

Most people believe that even though the PSN is free to use that must mean every match is a complete and utter lag fest. This couldn't be any more wrong even if you tried. The connection is solid especially when I played MAG which hosted 128v128 players at once. The servers were smooth as ice, but with the occasional lag here and there just like on XBL.

If I didn't know so many people on XBL at this moment and time then I would have cancelled my subscription and stuck with the PSN.

Most of the games you can find on the 360 are now find on the PS3. The 360's exclusives are diminishing.

If you need an unbiased comparison then look here:

http://www.tested.com/news/xbox-live-gold-vs-playstation-plus-how-do-they-compare/515/

Nocte
08-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Stop bitching. XBL costs so much because it is in all seriousness the best gaming experience besides computer. It's different for other countries because guess what guys the cost of the American dollar is going down. Thats why prices increase and also to make a profit. Microsoft is greedy, but so are most big corperations. I mean Microsoft has destroyed one of the best RTS makers in history. Ensemble Studios and nearly killed Bungie. Thank god that they can still stand on their feet. But thats the reality of things right now. Prices are going to go up, this bullshit will happen. It's the world.

Fiery Grave
08-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Okay you people realize that PSN+ is going to become necessary in the next gen, Sony just realizes they can't get away with it now because of how it was initially based off being free, but when the next console comes out there will be a new network where you have to pay to play.

every one says MS is greedy and say Bill Gates is greedy, but Howard Stringer is just as greedy. MS only does computers, and xbox.... sony does everything from over priced TV's to over priced clothes, If I remember correctly they even had an idea for a 5$ candy bar..... <--- fail if its what i remember correctly. Also asking 150$ to fix the YLOD when it was a major flaw with the system wasn't a great idea.... and how many charities has Sony started? what none? MS regularly gives to the make a wish foundation and supports the chairty started by Bill Gates (which he put half of his money into ).

just saying all companies are greedy in different ways. if you found 40$ on the side walk you wouldn't be like "taking 40$ is being greedy I am going to only take 20$" and walk away your going to take the 40$

Deathhawk
08-30-2010, 09:21 PM
every one says MS is greedy and say Bill Gates is greedy, MS regularly gives to the make a wish foundation and supports the chairty started by Bill Gates (which he put half of his money into).

Bill Gates isn't the CEO of Microsoft. Hes pretty much just a founder, and a stockholder. And it was more like 40%.

Maxdoggy
08-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Bill Gates isn't the CEO of Microsoft. Hes pretty much just a founder, and a stockholder. And it was more like 40%.

Fiery is repeating what others have said. That's all. =P

Deathhawk
08-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Fiery is repeating what others have said. That's all. =P

Oh. I was thinking that that would be something that he would know.
Is dis true

Twizzey
08-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Welcome to Capitalism. Funny thing is, Xbox LIVE isn't even a monopoly. People will still pay because they are addicted. lol, video games are a drug. Oh yeah, they are not greedy. Dictators who have high taxes in their countries so they can have anything they want are greedy.These BUSINESSMEN persuade you to buy their product. If you don't like inflation, by American products. I don't think y'all understand, everything is more expensive because of inflation. Geez, learn economics.

Deathhawk
08-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Welcome to Capitalism. Funny thing is, Xbox LIVE isn't even a monopoly. People will still pay because they are addicted. lol, video games are a drug. Oh yeah, they are not greedy. Dictators who have high taxes in their countries so they can have anything they want are greedy.These BUSINESSMEN persuade you to buy their product. If you don't like inflation, by American products. I don't think y'all understand, everything is more expensive because of inflation. Geez, learn economics.
You know, you guys take all the fun out of being upset at something beyond your control.
:tank:

Maxdoggy
08-31-2010, 12:10 AM
In Soviet Russia, Xbox Live Subscribes to You!

Twizzey
08-31-2010, 04:56 PM
You know, you guys take all the fun out of being upset at something beyond your control.
:tank:

I'm not upset at all. I can afford it whatever the cost, am I going to pay for it if it gets to costly? No. But they are not greedy in any way.
Whoever said the dollar is going down, wow. It is actually increasing at a steady pace with a few minor drops. Unless you are referring to how much it is worth in our economy, then I can see your point. America is in a state of inflation, meaning goods and services cost more. Inflation is actually not as bad as deflation.
I lol at this whole conversation and the lack of facts.

Mythonian
08-31-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm not upset at all. I can afford it whatever the cost, am I going to pay for it if it gets to costly? No. But they are not greedy in any way.
Whoever said the dollar is going down, wow. It is actually increasing at a steady pace with a few minor drops. Unless you are referring to how much it is worth in our economy, then I can see your point. America is in a state of inflation, meaning goods and services cost more. Inflation is actually not as bad as deflation.
I lol at this whole conversation and the lack of facts.

What he said.

On a side note, everybody needs to learn Mandarin, ASAP.
:chinese::chinese::chines e::chinese::chinese::chin ese::chinese::chinese::ch inese::chinese::chinese:: chinese:
The Chinese army approaches...

Nocte
09-01-2010, 04:50 PM
The American dollar in the world economy is going down. This is true. We can about 8 trillion dollars in debt with China and growing. Before rapidly now slowly. Like Twizzey said if we want the dollar to go up and prices to drop we need to by things that are American made. Oh thats right everything is made in China. Our government needs to pass a law that bans out-sourcing. While big Companies get rich from paying people less and selling the product for over 300% of the price they paid to make it. America is getting more and more poor.

If you don't think that out-sourcing is the problem then go look at the umemployment rates. The town I live in is a shit hole, it wasn't at one time because we had a Ford plant in it. Ford closed it and shipped the plant to China.

Twizzey
09-01-2010, 05:21 PM
The American dollar in the world economy is going down. This is true.
Actually no, the dollar is increasing in the month of August, yes it is no where near the high of 2004. It may not be as high as it was, but it is making a steady recovery.

We can about 8 trillion dollars in debt with China and growing. Before rapidly now slowly.

We owe them $867.7 billion. That's only 21.9% of our debt owed to foreign countries. Our Nation is about $11 trillion in debt total. Most of the debt is owed to domestic investors, not foreign.

Like Twizzey said if we want the dollar to go up and prices to drop we need to by things that are American made. Oh thats right everything is made in China. Our government needs to pass a law that bans out-sourcing.
Your saying two different things there. Out-sourcing is a different thing all together. Out-sourcing is just giving jobs to foreigners. We buy products from china more than we sell. A quick fix to this problem is installing tariffs in our economy. What this does is increases taxes for products made outside the U.S. For example, say there is a Car, Car A which is made in America, Car B is made in Germany. They are the same exact MSRP exact when you buy Car B you pay a much higher tax rate than Car A. In short, it practically forces the majority of Americans to buy American product.
A law to ban outsourcing would effect our Free Market System and we would become socialists. This would inevitably destroy our economy.

While big Companies get rich from paying people less and selling the product for over 300% of the price they paid to make it. America is getting more and more poor.

Actually the minimum wage recently increased, though minimum wages vary between states. You confusing the different markets up also. Basically in short, the strings made for shoes are made in the Resource Market. Those in turn are sold to the Business Market. These would be companies such as Nike and Adidas. There shoes are then sold to companies such as Wal-mart in the Product Market, where you buy the shoe at a higher price so they can make a profit.

If you don't think that out-sourcing is the problem then go look at the umemployment rates. The town I live in is a shit hole, it wasn't at one time because we had a Ford plant in it. Ford closed it and shipped the plant to China.
Out-sourcing is not the main problem. It is part of what is called a Trade Deficit. This means that we import more than we export. The town I live in is growing at an exponential rate. It all just depends on the region you live in. A good way to help fix this economy besides tariffs would be to develop new jobs. An efficient way is to do this is too switch from oil to other types of alternative resources.
Right now, the U.S. is barely below our production curve. This isn't a good thing, but we are not in that bad of shape, or at least no where near the Great Depression.

Nocte
09-01-2010, 05:35 PM
haha shows you how much I keep up with things and how little I should listen to my father...

Twizzey
09-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Take AP Macro Economics if you high school offers it.

Nocte
09-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Eh I'm not really into economics. I kinda like politics, but thats only because I look at how dumb and wrong our government is.

Twizzey
09-01-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm not big into economics either, its a required class as a senior, so I decided to take it AP instead of regular. There is also Micro Economics which deals with more narrow view instead of the International view that Macro does.
To what standards do you hold our government?

Ghost ErgoProxy
09-01-2010, 09:29 PM
False!... Yea does XBL really get things earlier than PSN? I might be slow to the marketplace or something... But I am fine paying for the extra stuff I guess... I mean you can't get those features anywhere else... wait I got the internets and a computer!:smart:

XIX CRAZED XIX
09-20-2010, 05:00 PM
That's bullshit I got an e-mail about that too wtf! Fucking high Demand!!!

Fiery Grave
09-20-2010, 11:22 PM
False!... Yea does XBL really get things earlier than PSN? I might be slow to the marketplace or something... But I am fine paying for the extra stuff I guess... I mean you can't get those features anywhere else... wait I got the internets and a computer!:smart:

But to get those games at the same time now you need PNS+, which will obviously become a requirement to play online for the next console. Sony never expected PSN to take off like it did and to help off set the cost of it they created PSN+, and they will milk that soon, they just need to get people comfortable with it. it may not necessarily be playing games online too, they could screw you by saying you can only access your PSN friends with it or download DLC with it and stuff like that. And sony is just as greedy as every other company in the world right now

and this was kinda a bump clutch

Jut19
09-21-2010, 12:07 AM
I really don't care. What the price is getting increased by 5 bucks, who cares. Plus if you look on the dashboard, it seems like XBL always has a special for Gold Memberships like buy 3 months and get 1 month free or something like that. I think right now they have 12 months for $29.99 because of Reach. Its not that bad.

Oh yeah and whoever was talking about if XBL gets stuff before PSN, I know most of you won't care but all of the call of duty maps will be on XBL like a month before PSN until like 2012. I think Microsoft made some deal with Activision.

Fiery Grave
09-21-2010, 11:48 AM
I really don't care. What the price is getting increased by 5 bucks, who cares. Plus if you look on the dashboard, it seems like XBL always has a special for Gold Memberships like buy 3 months and get 1 month free or something like that. I think right now they have 12 months for $29.99 because of Reach. Its not that bad.

Oh yeah and whoever was talking about if XBL gets stuff before PSN, I know most of you won't care but all of the call of duty maps will be on XBL like a month before PSN until like 2012. I think Microsoft made some deal with Activision.

it takes longer (generally) for PS3 stuff to come out because its harder to develop the same thing for it, thats why almost everything was out on the 360 before the PS3 for a long time, and why some developers wont work on the PS3 (well that and sony usually screws thirdparty developers)

Jut19
09-21-2010, 04:07 PM
it takes longer (generally) for PS3 stuff to come out because its harder to develop the same thing for it, thats why almost everything was out on the 360 before the PS3 for a long time, and why some developers wont work on the PS3 (well that and sony usually screws thirdparty developers)

Yeah but Microsoft made a deal with Activision to release any call of duty DLC on the xbox first. They anounced it at E3 this year. If your interested here is a link on it. http://www.gamervision.com/users/00_19/articles/e3_10_activision_signs_ex clusivity_deal_with_micro soft

XxClearSh0txX
09-21-2010, 09:36 PM
If MS has more money, they'll probably use that money to invest more, so that they can make more money. Maybe they'll invest in extra services in countries outside of the US, or just improve the current services. I'll happily pay a few extra dollars for that.