PDA

View Full Version : Halo: The Thursday War

Maxdoggy
10-18-2012, 11:47 AM
I just finished reading Karen Traviss' new novel, Halo: The Thursday War. It explains so much about the events leading up to Halo 4. I believe it to be much better than her previous novel in the series.

If you have finished the book and would like to discuss it, please use the Spoiler tags or post "SPOILERS" at the top of your post.

This is a fake spoiler! The next one is real!

So I assume Jul is going to be the new shipmaster that attacks the Forward Unto Dawn because he found the coordinates to Requiem after he teleported, right?

Al Capone111
10-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Just started it last week (after finishing Primordium) and am about 50 pages into it. I want to have it done before launch day.

KazuhLLL
10-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm about halfway through it so far. I love Phillips.

Spartanbh
10-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Just got it in the mail today! SO PUMPED =D

Nocte
10-18-2012, 04:04 PM
If you haven't read the book in full, assume everything below is a spoiler.

Yes Max, there is actually a comic like video on youtube, that shows Jul being the Shipmaster leading the Storm to Requiem.

That being said, I can tell you that Jul is the leader of the Storm. (The Covies in Halo 4)

Maxdoggy
10-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Nocte, that's what I thought. I didn't remember the specific name in the video but now it all makes sense.

Also, yes, Phillips is kind of a BA. :P

Deathhawk
10-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Okay, so I haven't read any Halo books (and don't plan too)

I've also never really payed a TON of attention to the games (I played Halo 1/2 when I was young and just thought "COOL! I MURDERED THAT GUY!!!")

Is it anything that would be a spoiler to Halo 4? Or is it just some background info?

If it is just setting the stage for Halo 4.. is there a plot synopsis I can read somewhere?

If it does spoil Halo 4, is there a plot synopsis I can read up until the end of Halo 3?

EDIT: I just went ahead and googled it.

Maxdoggy
10-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Okay, so I haven't read any Halo books (and don't plan too)

I've also never really payed a TON of attention to the games (I played Halo 1/2 when I was young and just thought "COOL! I MURDERED THAT GUY!!!")

Is it anything that would be a spoiler to Halo 4? Or is it just some background info?

If it is just setting the stage for Halo 4.. is there a plot synopsis I can read somewhere?

If it does spoil Halo 4, is there a plot synopsis I can read up until the end of Halo 3?

EDIT: I just went ahead and googled it.

Google is your friend. Plot synopses are fine if you don't want to dive too deep.

I also suggest Greg Bear's Forerunner Saga as it explains the Forerunners (obviously) and the Didact.

Juggernaut9473
10-18-2012, 10:58 PM
The Forerunner Saga were some awesome reads

Nocte
10-19-2012, 09:20 AM
May I also say that I love BB.

KazuhLLL
10-19-2012, 12:53 PM
May I also say that I love BB.

He's so sassy :D

Maxdoggy
10-19-2012, 01:59 PM