PDA

View Full Version : Raise the age limit

Silko
10-18-2012, 12:56 PM
So with the past two weeks I think we can see the immaturity of some members. This is why I am moving the proposal of raising the age limit to 18. I am willing to go down to 17. As for current members younger then this I say we grandfather them in ONLY if they have had no infractions in the past 6 months or any type of troubled past. It is clear some members are far to immature to be here and we need to stop the flow of immaturity

xXReiBearXx
10-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Oh damn you were dead ass serious lol As much as I agree with you you can't label maturity based on age. Some people can be more mature at 14 than another who is 30. Maturity is about how you act not the age you are. Sure it may minimize the chances but even 18+ can be immature.

bazongaman502
10-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Age doesnt always define maturity.

I agree about we should have this as a 18+ community, but we will always keep that whole deal as "you get interviewd, and you then can join".

I say bump it up, but i dont see it happening

xXReiBearXx
10-18-2012, 01:08 PM
I say we get rid of the constant trouble makers...even myself included since I have tended to cause some tiffs before and I know a handful of people could careless for me. Either way it would make FC a better place if some people were gone.

bazongaman502
10-18-2012, 01:12 PM
kicking people out wont solve anything... a new policy may make sence to help solve the issue, but not removing people right off the bat

VerbotenDonkey
10-18-2012, 01:12 PM
No. Period. Immaturity doesn't equal age at all. Infact, the ones acting immature are older.

Like I said, just bring the Respect is back and a Bitch mantra. Then everything will resolve itself.

Yehsus
10-18-2012, 01:16 PM
I always bring up the age issue as a joke.

While OcR has an 18+ only policy, it does work wonders. The 30-40 of us get along well, and we often meet up at district LANS for shits and giggles.

However, the issue with age is not simply the mindset and attitude, its also the responsibility that comes with it. Communities like FC need constant influxes of fresh blood, or else the wars will simply stagnate. The majority of people this community tends to recruit are younger than 18, because they have the free time to dedicate themselves into the wars, while those of us that are 22 balance forty hour Work weeks, School, GFs, Friends, and other social activities.

Long story short, raising the age limit will simply strangle FC's supply line of recruits more than it will help it.

Anarchy
10-18-2012, 01:16 PM
There will always be problems, regardless of age.

We can't blame our problems on age.

xXReiBearXx
10-18-2012, 01:19 PM
I always bring up the age issue as a joke.

While OcR has an 18+ only policy, it does work wonders. The 30-40 of us get along well, and we often meet up at district LANS for shits and giggles.

However, the issue with age is not simply the mindset and attitude, its also the responsibility that comes with it. Communities like FC need constant influxes of fresh blood, or else the wars will simply stagnate. The majority of people this community tends to recruit are younger than 18, because they have the free time to dedicate themselves into the wars, while those of us that are 22 balance forty hour Work weeks, School, GFs, Friends, and other social activities.

Long story short, raising the age limit will simply strangle FC's supply line of recruits more than it will help it.

For once I 100% agree with him lol

- - - Updated - - -

There will always be problems, regardless of age.

We can't blame our problems on age.

Same with you

Maxdoggy
10-18-2012, 01:26 PM
I was 13 when I first gained an officer position in these wars. I'm 18 now. Maturity trumps age.

Rokkman X
10-18-2012, 01:27 PM
I vote no. As some of our great community leaders joined when they were young, I've met some yougsters that are/were wise beyond their years that is why the age limit is set at a reasonable level and there is an appeal system, trial periods, punishments within the community and moderators.

H2O Yordle
10-18-2012, 01:33 PM
No. Period. Immaturity doesn't equal age at all. Infact, the ones acting immature are older.

Like I said, just bring the Respect is back and a Bitch mantra. Then everything will resolve itself.

This, and the fact that if you bump it up to 18 plus it will make it harder to get active members.

MedeDust
10-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Na, I like my little boys.

xXReiBearXx
10-18-2012, 02:21 PM

Oh god Mede :rules:

MedeDust
10-18-2012, 02:23 PM
What? I like playing with them....

xXReiBearXx
10-18-2012, 02:24 PM
What? I like playing with them....

Oh...my....god...LMFAO you sick sick lil man you <_<

silversleek
10-18-2012, 02:42 PM
i was vehemently against the original age limit creation, and i'm just as against raising it.

besides, then i'd be under the age limit :(

no infractions though, so there's that.

MedeDust
10-18-2012, 02:44 PM

>=D

Al Capone111
10-18-2012, 03:05 PM

xXReiBearXx
10-18-2012, 03:10 PM

RUN! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!! MEDEDUST IS ON THE PROWL!!!! x_x

Salvanous
10-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Alright, I'll be repeating a few people here, but I want to kill this thought to the point even it's children are writhing from it all.

First off Yehsus is right in saying that the amount of people that we tend to recruit are younger than 18. We deny the majority of the people we generally recruit to come in, and then we are going to be hurting for it. Even if we could do it, with most of our members that age going into college and more advanced classes, the people that age who generally can recruit their peers are busy with other things, so the people we can recruit is not only strained due to our restrictions on it, but by the restrictions of our resources and time to devote in getting those people.

Now going back on to the argument of age vs. maturity. We look at Ascension, and 3 out of the 5 officers we have leading our squads are below 18, and some a good couple years under that. None of them have ever given me any drama troubles at all, each of them are some of my better officers, and they tend to have the most energy and zeal in what they do. All of them were obtained in less than a year, I don't think we should be closing the door to the possibility of getting more of these kinds of people. Further on this point, just like Verboten said, it's a question of maturity, not age as the people being referred to are older than 18.

If you want to fix whatever problems we have now, or in the future of drama, or disrespect, then I say it's time we start throwing a bit more weight and severity behind our punishments. I apply pressure to my officers, and they know what I expect of them. If someone does wrong then don't slap their wrist and call it good, let the first time show them the fear of god and then if they screw up again like that don't be afraid to strip them of everything they hold dear, or even boot them. We can be lenient as much as we like, but if we let members walk around getting away with crap they have been able to for the last couple months, I don't see how I can't expect drama to be a weekly thing for us. If we do take that route, be sure to tell me, I might be able to make a drama machinima out of this stuff.

Now in regards to drama, let's talk about it for a moment. Too many people are being indirect, talking about other members behind their backs or being too cowardly to be direct about what they think. If you have a problem with someone then have the guts to be direct with them, and hope you can resolve it, otherwise get in the deathcage and duke it out until only one person remains, then the drama won't occur. I had wanted to call Rei out on something the other day, and instead of talking about what she said that I didn't like and blew it out of proportion to other people, I PMed her and called her out on it, and it ended very well. If you want to start shit, then have the guts to not backstab people.

Now to all the victims of drama. I know you aren't the causes of the fire, but some of you have been like a canister full of gasoline to the fire. If someone is giving you shit, and unfairly, then call them out on in, but DON'T start a fight, talk about it CIVILLY over PM's, and then if you can't resolve it yourselves and it needs to be resolved then bring it to us. I would much rather have Purple come to me and tell me that he and Messi can't work together, they tried to sort things out but just can't, over me having to see those two fighting in the forums and have to separate them like they were 5 years old. If someone starts something with you, handle it calmly, and don't add gas to the fire, because I can guarantee you will end up getting burnt too.

In sort I say we go by this policy "Knock off the middleschool and highschool drama, if you don't, then we WILL hurt you, and sleep well that night".

VerbotenDonkey
10-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Alright, I'll be repeating a few people here, but I want to kill this thought to the point even it's children are writhing from it all.

First off Yehsus is right in saying that the amount of people that we tend to recruit are younger than 18. We deny the majority of the people we generally recruit to come in, and then we are going to be hurting for it. Even if we could do it, with most of our members that age going into college and more advanced classes, the people that age who generally can recruit their peers are busy with other things, so the people we can recruit is not only strained due to our restrictions on it, but by the restrictions of our resources and time to devote in getting those people.

Now going back on to the argument of age vs. maturity. We look at Ascension, and 3 out of the 5 officers we have leading our squads are below 18, and some a good couple years under that. None of them have ever given me any drama troubles at all, each of them are some of my better officers, and they tend to have the most energy and zeal in what they do. All of them were obtained in less than a year, I don't think we should be closing the door to the possibility of getting more of these kinds of people. Further on this point, just like Verboten said, it's a question of maturity, not age as the people being referred to are older than 18.

If you want to fix whatever problems we have now, or in the future of drama, or disrespect, then I say it's time we start throwing a bit more weight and severity behind our punishments. I apply pressure to my officers, and they know what I expect of them. If someone does wrong then don't slap their wrist and call it good, let the first time show them the fear of god and then if they screw up again like that don't be afraid to strip them of everything they hold dear, or even boot them. We can be lenient as much as we like, but if we let members walk around getting away with crap they have been able to for the last couple months, I don't see how I can't expect drama to be a weekly thing for us. If we do take that route, be sure to tell me, I might be able to make a drama machinima out of this stuff.

In sort I say we go by this policy "Knock off the middleschool and highschool drama, if you don't, then we WILL hurt you, and sleep well that night".

And with that, I think this argument is done.

Salvanous
10-18-2012, 03:37 PM
until I added more to my comment, but regardless. Leave it the the wall of text to bury the issue.

Silko
Salv we have been saying we need to get tougher on punishments for as long as I have been here and very little has been done. That is why I am making this suggestion. Seeing as we lack the will to eliminate those who are troubled makers then the next best thing would to lower the window of opportunity for said trouble makers. If we got tougher on bullshit then by all means recruit what ever age we want but that is simply not the case.

Fuzzy
Age and maturity have very little correlation, if you want to weed out bad members early on then we should enforce stronger boot camps (Ghosthammer and/or Juggernauts boot camps are prime examples of how we should be doing them).

Coda
10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Age and maturity have very little correlation, if you want to weed out bad members early on then we should enforce stronger boot camps (Ghosthammer and/or Juggernauts boot camps are prime examples of how we should be doing them).

Agreed

Salvanous
10-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Salv we have been saying we need to get tougher on punishments for as long as I have been here and very little has been done. That is why I am making this suggestion. Seeing as we lack the will to eliminate those who are troubled makers then the next best thong would to lower the window of opportunity for said trouble makers. If we got tougher on bullshit then by all means recruit what every age we want but that is simply not the case.

Bud, if you want to look through my comments in the courtroom, you can see I am standing by harder punishments. Age doesn't mean you are mature, and sure you can limit the possibility of highschool drama, but you're also choking the income of proper members. Screen members better, and when they screw up, don't be afraid to smack them around. Look to the people generally defending against member removal and direct your comments towards them, as talking to me that we need harsher site punishments is not doing you the amount of good it could be.

Nocte
10-18-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm serious guys, we need to make a list of shit people have already suggested and it has failed.

Blackhawk570
10-18-2012, 04:11 PM
We need to make a gender limit and only have 50 males in FC.

Silko
10-18-2012, 04:14 PM

So you won't count in that 50 right?

GhostHammer
10-18-2012, 04:19 PM
I was 13 when I first gained an officer position in these wars. I'm 18 now. Maturity trumps age.
^This. I was Major General at 14. Some kids can be mature, some kids don't got it.

This, and the fact that if you bump it up to 18 plus it will make it harder to get active members.
^MAJOR factor. It'll kill our recruitment.

^ I thought I was the only one...

^ Awe thanks snookums! <3

Comes down to this guys. We don't need older people, we don't necessarily need 100% mature people. What we need is the line on the ground saying so long as you're within these walls of our boards and games, you MUST act mature. If you can't do that, then you're out. Simple as that. As someone who was recruited at 14 and put into an Officer position straight away, I'll always be a Maturity > Age guy.

ItsGettingMessi
10-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Why would you raise the age limit that high. I may be just a little 14 year old but i fail to see the point in this, every age has there mature people and their not so mature people. For example i am more mature then both my uncles that i have. Is that a testament to my maturity,maybe, but it doesn't matter what age you are. I love F.C. it has made games a lot more fun for me, and you are proposing to stop other people like me from having this experience?

Silko
10-18-2012, 04:32 PM
My position is this petty bull needs to stop. I personally would like to remove people who cause problems and get tough on our punishments. This is the stance of many people here. The thing is we have been saying it for some time and nothing has been done about it. So my logic is if we will not remove the problem then simply make an environment that makes it harder for problems to start on the first place.

I will support any reasonable attempt to bring order and control to FC. My goal here is to get some type of real discussion started with a descent result.

xXReiBearXx
10-18-2012, 04:51 PM

If that rule is passed I can kiss my vagina goodbye lawlz

In all seriousness though. Age DOES NOT determine maturity. Anyone can act mature an immature. I for one am both in certain situations. I think the best way to deal with this is to wait until the immaturity of people already here gets themselves banned from FC. It's already happened to a few people already. Basically, let the immature people get themselves kicked out of FC. Age limit isn't going to work because you can NOT determine maturity on that fact alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Comes down to this guys. We don't need older people, we don't necessarily need 100% mature people. What we need is the line on the ground saying so long as you're within these walls of our boards and games, you MUST act mature. If you can't do that, then you're out. Simple as that. As someone who was recruited at 14 and put into an Officer position straight away, I'll always be a Maturity > Age guy.

I agree with this...it isn't really about maturity that is the issue. It is RESPECT...and it's a bitch...and we need a respect enforcer!!!

MedeDust
10-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Your Precursors and Forerunners and Global mods ARE respect enforcers but we can't do anything without having all of you bitch about it after. That's why we let the WC do most things.

xXReiBearXx
10-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Your Precursors and Forerunners and Global mods ARE respect enforcers but we can't do anything without having all of you bitch about it after. That's why we let the WC do most things.
Touche good sir...well played xD

Nicholas Sapien
10-18-2012, 08:24 PM
No raise on age limit
We will would have a low supply of recruits and in the long run doesn't look to good.

Bodaciousbaconn
10-18-2012, 11:59 PM
I've survived one age limit creation, and I can survive another! Silver and I, the young bloods, fighting for survival.

BloodxFangz
10-21-2012, 01:27 PM
If anyone knows one of the main things FC is based around it's "Respect" and that is one thing we absolutely need from every member new and old, its not a complex thing or rocket science. People who can't comprehend that don't have a place in FC, those who can't show it don't have a place in FC, and anyone who thinks it's funny to disrespect some one or think it's funny when someone else is disrespected should be punished or removed from FC no matter their age, race, gender or views.

RetRdidMunkie
10-22-2012, 02:34 PM

IrelandWolf
10-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Now as a joke, we should probably interview every person who applies for a position in our community. We need a very mature member to handle this serious task. I would personally pick fuzzystormz. I heard he is quite the pimp master and is the only one truly qualified. Only flaw he has is that he likes maple leaves and is canadian. Other than that, he's pretty fly for a white guy.

Fuzzy
10-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Now as a joke, we should probably interview every person who applies for a position in our community. We need a very mature member to handle this serious task. I would personally pick fuzzystormz. I heard he is quite the pimp master and is the only one truly qualified. Only flaw he has is that he likes maple leaves and is canadian. Other than that, he's pretty fly for a white guy.

That has got to be one of the most random posts I have seen in awhile and there have been a plentiful of random posts...

But I will take that compliment of being a pimp nonetheless :)

IrelandWolf
10-23-2012, 07:30 PM
That has got to be one of the most random posts I have seen in awhile and there have been a plentiful of random posts...

But I will take that compliment of being a pimp nonetheless :)

I cant take you seriously as a leader anymore in resistance. So from now on i shall call you Fuzz the pimp master.