PDA

View Full Version : FC Update 6.3

Mythonian
10-18-2012, 09:28 PM
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n566/ForerunnerConflict/2820785-gallery_zps57225357.jpg

FC Update 6.3

Eighteen Days...

Community Rocket Hog Event

A few weeks ago, on October 5th, UNLUCKY NUM13ER hosted a nice community event where four teams of up to 3 each fought against each other in some epic Rocket Hog Race showdowns. If you haven't seen it yet, here is the first half of the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AxL7obGZPA

The second half can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8C9Z0OyyT4

it was a lot of fun for those of us who were there. Thanks to Unlucky for hosting it!

Moving Toward a New Era

This community has gone through a lot. From six years ago, we've gone through nearly half-dozen community eras and are about to be at our fourth game era.

In Halo 2, we were known as Red vs Blue Retaliation.
In Halo 3, we started the name Forerunner Conflict, later adding to it FC: Origins and FC: Reborn.
In Halo: Reach, we switched to Forerunner Conflict: Revolutions.

And now, we are heading toward Halo 4. This will bring us many new things, allowing us to further develop our community, improve what we can, and hopefully manage to put together another war simulation that will let everyone have some fun.

Now, obviously we have a few things planned and have some goals in mind, but...

We Want Some Suggestions

While we do have an entire subforum (http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?6-Suggestions) dedicated as a place for members to make suggestions, we'd like to prompt some discussion and get some recommendations.

So, what do you guys want to see in the Halo 4 wars? Do you have something specific that you think would be a big improvement to doing a war?

We want as many ideas as possible. Feel free to either include them as a reply here, or if you think they'll require some discussion for them then go and create a thread for it in the Suggestions subforum (http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?6-Suggestions).

Obviously we won't be able to include every idea, and not all of them will work well, but for those of you who have an idea that is used or implemented into the wars, you'll be earning yourself some vCash as a reward, as well receiving a ribbon: the Creator ribbon. Also, we'll probably mention your name or something, so you'll be sure to receive your well-deserved 5 seconds of fame. :)

Keep in mind that you aren't restricted to making suggestions for the wars themselves. While we'd like a focus on it, suggestions that would improve the community or website are also valid. The Creator ribbon is for people who have "improved the community," so you'll also still be able to receive that for these types of suggestions.

Spoilers and You!

With portions of Halo 4 being leaked and everything from videos to messages flying everywhere with spoiled content from the game (including, apparently, the ending), we've decided to try to regulate things on this forum in relation to them...

As such, we have released an official Forerunner Conflict Spoiler Policy (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?7855-FC-Spoiler-Policy). Check it out in detail, but here's the gist of it:

If you want to talk about spoilers for an upcoming game or recently released game, you must create a new topic. The rules for doing so are listed below. If a topic already exists that talks about the spoiler(s) in question, you may post in that topic that already exists.
Posting spoilers in a topic that is not classified as a "SPOILER" topic will result in the deletion of your post. For clarification on what is deemed a "SPOILER" thread, read below.
If you want to create a "SPOILER" topic, the topic title must contain the word "SPOILER" or "SPOILERS" as the first word in the topic name. This allows for users who click on the "recent topics" in a board to know that the following topic contains spoilers.
Your "SPOILER" topic title may NOT include the specific spoiler(s). For example, posting "SPOILERS: Master Chief Kills Connor Kenway in Borderlands 2" is not allowed. An acceptable title would be "SPOILERS: Story Discussion (End Game)".
Failure to follow the above could result in punishment from the FC Management Team based upon the severity and repetition of your offenses.

You are expected to know this. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Our Perspective on Drama

Drama is easily one of the most despised things in this community. It divides this community, causes issues between members, and ends up doing nothing but making it harder for people to have fun and enjoy themselves.

Well, we are proud to say that at this point in time, there is no real drama.

The illusion that drama may exist is being perpetuated by a few individuals, though. This is often done by constantly mentioning previous dramatic events, which ends up spurring continued drama.

We've taken note of this and have decided a few things. We will be taking a more serious approach to this and infractions will be handed out judiciously for continuing to cause drama, even indirectly.

Consider yourselves on thin ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzl86IjTpHI

The New vCash System

Before, I just posted some brief details about this and said that it'd be put into effect eventually. Well, we're getting ready to do it and I figured I'd give you guys some details and go ahead and let you guys start claiming vCash (sort of).

So, this is how we are planning on implementing it:

Everyone is reset to the same amount of vCash (probably 1000).
vBookie events no longer use 1:1 odds (doubling-up multiple times in a row is what started this problem).
Odds for sports or other miscellaneous events will be 1:3 instead of 1:1. This means if you bet 3000 and win, you get 4000 back instead of 6000.
Odds for Battles will be 1:2 instead of 1:1. This means if you bet 3000 and win, you get 4500 back instead of 6000.

While betting is not going to be giving out as much vCash as before, there are now a lot of new ways to earn vCash:

Bootcamp instructors get paid based on how many recruits they put through bootcamp.
Members get paid based on how many recruits they recruit (the more active/involved the recruit becomes will earn that member additional vCash over time).
Many more Statbook rewards. In addition to the Top 10 (which will have more categories), we’ll do things in the Battle Results each week to anyone who achieved a variety of accomplishments (some difficult, some not so difficult).
More rewards for community involvement, such as helping with the Statbook, providing good feedback/suggestions to the community, being involved in the Media Branch (Forge Department [Forging/Testing], Web Department [Twitter/Facebook/RedBubble], and Video Department [Youtube/Livestreams]).
Doing individual work that indirectly benefits the community, such as doing GFX work (making sigs for people or doing GFX for FC itself). Also, people who write a story could be considered this, or other things.

Also, as announced previously, we are working on more ways for you guys to spend the vCash you earn. If you have suggestions for them, please let us know. I won't announce the few we've come up with quite yet, though.

Now, there's also going to be a new way for you guys to actually receive that vCash. Instead of sending me hundreds of PMs each week, you guys will actually put in an Application for the vCash Bonus.

You do that by going here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDZVWnNi MVg4NWg2VU1ZajBlZ1NzT0E6M Q#gid=0), or filling out the following:

I recommend going ahead and putting in applications for your vCash. Put in multiple ones if you earned vCash multiple times recently. This vCash will be distributed once the system is implemented, and then every month we'll distribute more.

With so little time until Halo 4 is released, things are moving pretty fast for us in War Council, trying to get everything prepared.

Hopefully you guys will like what we've got planned. Lots of things need announcing.

~Mythonian

Maxdoggy
10-18-2012, 09:30 PM
BOOM!

I approve of these messages.

Paid for by Maxdoggy/Mythonian for President 2044.

Juggernaut9473
10-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Speaking of boot camps I am gonna start hosting boot camps again when halo 4 comes out. haven't decided if im gonna have recruits running around the Infinity loop or just make a map from scratch. we will see.

MedeDust
10-18-2012, 09:36 PM
I am your current FC President and I approve this message.

ChillSquishster
10-18-2012, 09:49 PM
I do not approve. I am going against you myth! Why? Cause I have 200,700 v-cash! and now you are just taking that away from me. You know how many sig bombs that could have gotten me for the next however many years!

Juggernaut9473
10-18-2012, 09:51 PM
hes not taking all of it from you, just 199,700 of it

ChillSquishster
10-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Alright new plan, when are you going to take away the v-cash? Cause before that time I can pick one person or a few and have a permanent sig bomb for over a month

GhostHammer
10-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Alright new plan, when are you going to take away the v-cash? Cause before that time I can pick one person or a few and have a permanent sig bomb for over a month

THIS.

NOT impressed on the vCash thing at all. I busted my backside for this. I'm with you Chill, time to nail somebody.

VerbotenDonkey
10-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Haha I was expecting a big update, and then realized we haven't even scratched the surface of whats to come xD Nice update though Myth! I love this new vCash Application system. Makes it easy for everyone.

ChillSquishster
10-18-2012, 10:08 PM
THIS.

NOT impressed on the vCash thing at all. I busted my backside for this. I'm with you Chill, time to nail somebody.

Yes! Two is always better! Let me know who you plan on getting so I don't try to bomb them as well

Fuzzy
10-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Someone or a couple unlucky people will face the wrong side of my vCash and will be stuck with a sig for a very lengthy time period. Warning you all now...

Reaper
10-18-2012, 10:11 PM
bootcamp instructors shouldn't be paid because their are people who want to do it and can't and thats gonna make some people fight for DI positions

don't give a damn about the vcash thing, you can reset it.

MedeDust
10-18-2012, 10:12 PM
I already gave all my vcash to protect me from sig bombs muahahahaha

Juggernaut9473
10-18-2012, 10:14 PM
I've done boot camps forever without getting anything, plus i really have no need for vcash so i do my boot camps for free

Mythonian
10-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Keep in mind the section about suggestions. If you guys can think of a better way to fix it, I'm all ears.

Abuse of sig sabotaging is not allowed. That was something that we decided when we first put it up as an option for people to purchase things.

THIS.

(I'm not sure if that was meant to be sarcastic or serious, since it's been up for discussion in WC (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?7401) for nearly two months)

I realize that people may not like losing all their vCash, but it's the only way I can think of to get a fully working system, instead of being forced to use stop-gaps.

If enough people are disgruntled, maybe let you convert a portion of your vCash to the new vCash? It'd be a low conversion rate, but it'd be something.

GhostHammer
10-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Yes! Two is always better! Let me know who you plan on getting so I don't try to bomb them as well

Uhh you know with all the vCash about the be spent, I might take Mede's route and sig bomb myself with my current sig to be safe hahaha. I gotta a bigger target then you so go for it :P

Fuzzy
10-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Abuse of sig sabotaging is allowed. That was something that we decided when we first put it up as an option for people to purchase things.

Fixed.

If we are going to take away the vCash, we might as well let some sig war fun happen...

ChillSquishster
10-18-2012, 10:20 PM
How is it abuse of sig sabotaging? I invested wisely for months to get my v-cash. If I want to waste it so some person gets a funny sig for the next month then I should be allowed :)

Mythonian
10-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Fixed.

If we are going to take away the vCash, we might as well let some sig war fun happen...
It's not always fun for the person receiving the sig sabotage.

How is it abuse of sig sabotaging? I invested wisely for months to get my v-cash. If I want to waste it so some person gets a funny sig for the next month then I should be allowed :)

It's limited to a week. Although if you get permission from the person I'll let you go for a month.

And just to remind everywhere, it better follow the Accords.

ChillSquishster
10-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Yes I know the rules, even though some sig sabotages I have seen are extremely bad... Fine then if I can only do a week I bet I could get a bunch of people for an entire week.

*Pull's out a piece of paper*

Now who has annoyed me recently... xD

bazongaman502
10-18-2012, 10:30 PM
poor sucker who gets those sig bombs lololol

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-18-2012, 10:31 PM
I dont mind getting sig bombed as long as its cool or funny....none of that half assed shit.

Just sayin.

ChillSquishster
10-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Don't worry bazonga you are safe. Those damn fine sexy speeches of yours have saved you

Acid
10-18-2012, 10:32 PM
God fucking dammit, I miss you guys.

bazongaman502
10-18-2012, 10:34 PM
obviously UNLUCKY is getting sig bombed lol

ChillSquishster
10-18-2012, 10:35 PM
obviously UNLUCKY is getting sig bombed lol

What did you think we meant by someone is going to be unlucky to get all those sig bombs xD

bazongaman502
10-18-2012, 10:36 PM
lol

bazongaman502
10-18-2012, 10:52 PM
please dont sig bomb unlucky, him and i have a deal going and it effects both of our sigs

Coda
10-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Here's an idea for a way to make vCash. All leaders of fireteams get a small amount of vCash every month or so. All leaders of platoons get a little more. and the leaders of battalions get a little more than that. I'm not sure what the BLUE equivalent of that is, since they use different terms a lot of the time.

However, there could be a problem with that. People could try to fill those positions just because of the vCash reward, instead of filling them because they want to help their army. That could lead to people becoming leaders that shouldn't be. But it's an idea

Mythonian
10-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Here's an idea for a way to make vCash. All leaders of fireteams get a small amount of vCash every month or so. All leaders of platoons get a little more. and the leaders of battalions get a little more than that. I'm not sure what the BLUE equivalent of that is, since they use different terms a lot of the time.

However, there could be a problem with that. People could try to fill those positions just because of the vCash reward, instead of filling them because they want to help their army. That could lead to people becoming leaders that shouldn't be. But it's an idea

Things along those lines have been suggested before. However, I don't think it's a good system.

I think it's much better and more fair to reward people for doing work, not just for having a position.

Coda
10-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Things along those lines have been suggested before. However, I don't think it's a good system.

I think it's much better and more fair to reward people for doing work, not just for having a position.

OH, I totally agree. It would be based off of the work done in that fire team/ platoon/ battalion. Not just having that position. That could be better than just having that position.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Lol my sig is safe, if nobody could sig bomb Bazonga.

He lost our bet so he's going to have a beautiful sig tomorrow.

ChillSquishster
10-18-2012, 11:50 PM
All I am going to say is my first sig bomb has been sent out, search around to see if you can find out who got it ;)

Vestige
10-19-2012, 12:11 AM
With the Vcash forum you could add a section for donating, and enter how much you have donated. Does that work? Makes it easier.

Mythonian
10-19-2012, 12:43 AM
With the Vcash forum you could add a section for donating, and enter how much you have donated. Does that work? Makes it easier.

Use the "Other" option.

silversleek
10-19-2012, 03:13 PM
can i have a lot of new vcash for no logical reason what so ever? :clown:

LyricsMode
10-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Swwet update aha!

Harry
10-19-2012, 06:12 PM
I wanted to get a Gold Money Hog title D:

xXReiBearXx
10-21-2012, 04:07 AM
I don't have shit for Vcash. Seeing everyone else here have a ton of Vcash makes me feel left out lol I am all for resetting it so I can experience it fully with everyone else as oppose to by my lonesome lol

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-21-2012, 04:11 AM
I wanted to get a Gold Money Hog title D:

After you get it...it's kinda ehh.

GhostHammer
10-21-2012, 05:08 AM

In a perfect world, these two would be one and the same! Rank due to hard work! :) Sadly the world ain't perfect.

ChillSquishster
10-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Speaking of the money hog ribbons, I just realised after all my wealth that nobody has given those to me :P

Juggernaut9473
10-21-2012, 04:22 PM
talk to myth about that