PDA

View Full Version : Good bye Halo 2 [Nostalgia]

VerbotenDonkey
10-22-2012, 12:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4KPCRjGGik

Saw this today. Made me miss the Halo 2 days. =/

Anyone else miss arguably the best Halo game?

KazuhLLL
10-22-2012, 12:56 AM
My roommate and I are currently halfway through the campaign. (He never got into Halo so I'm playing them all with him so he'll play Halo 4 with me lol)

Anyway, somehow I don't think people will be as sad to see Reach get left for Halo 4 xD

Mythonian
10-22-2012, 01:02 AM
I remember that ad... Good times, good times...

Salvanous
10-22-2012, 01:35 AM
Lol, Donkey, I literally am playing it right now, just returned to the first mission of the arbiter and was thinking how much more in depth each mission was than the missions in any other Halo game (to my own opinion of course)

GhostHammer
10-22-2012, 02:43 AM
November 4th at 6PM I'm off work until November 8th. I'll begin with Halo Wars, then Halo Reach, then Halo Anniversary, then Halo ODST, then Halo 2, then Halo 3, then midnight release and home to play Halo 4.

Specact
10-25-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm doing just like Ghosthammer except I'm starting on November 3rd. A few of my friends I originally beat previous Halos with are going to play with me again. But until November 3rd I'm all MoH.

Guzzie
10-25-2012, 01:40 AM
I beat H2 again two days ago, had a lot of fun doing it. I am also in the process of going through all of the campaigns, except halo wars, I don't have that game.

Vestige
10-25-2012, 02:14 AM
In less than a year. Halo 3's online will be going down... Supposedly.

Graycochea
10-25-2012, 03:00 AM
I started Anniversary today. Probably play through all the games as many times as I can in the next 2 weeks.

They should trade taking away Halo 3 for taking away Reach. I really wouldn't care.

OP: I never played Halo 2 multiplayer. The first time I had XBL was towards the end of Halo 3's reign. Only played like 50 matches on that, had XBL off and on. Then, Reach came out and that was around the time I had steady access to XBL. I'm super disappointed about it. Everyone is always raving about H2. I think I went into a custom split screen multiplayer game in H2 like five times with my neighbor. Never had anyone to play with, my town is full of CoD blowhards. I don't even know any of the H2 maps, except Coagulation. However, to make up for that egregious oversite, I played through H2's campaign like it was nobody's business. If I ever quote Halo, it's usually a quote from H2. I think I have about 75% of the script for that game memorized.

If anyone could answer this question, why do they turn off XBL support for games like they did for H2 and apparently are going to do for H3? Like for what reason? And if the people ever feel nostalgic, could they turn it back on?