PDA

View Full Version : Your current bands and playlists.

Nocte
10-22-2012, 07:45 PM
I've really gotten into Ed Sheeran lately, and the Neon Trees.

So what new bands or artists are you in to?

Bodaciousbaconn
10-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Neon Trees is a pretty solid band, but most of the new stuff doesn't cut it for me. Take me back to the 80's!

Nocte
10-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Neon Trees is a pretty solid band, but most of the new stuff doesn't cut it for me. Take me back to the 80's!

Ya, Picture Show took awhile for me to get used to.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-22-2012, 08:33 PM
I could never get enough Mushroomhead, Metallica, or Godsmack.

Lately though I've been listening to a lot of Bush.

Spartanbh
10-22-2012, 08:48 PM
You kids and your terrible alternative rock/metal. It's all about Johnny Cash, Elvis, N.W.A., 2Pac, NOTORIOUS B.I.G., Beach Boys, QUEEN, AC/DC, Elton John, DIO, Simon and Garfunkel, Michael Jackson, and Journey.

Puba
10-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Right now it's iron maiden , rammisten , and santana

Bodaciousbaconn
10-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Has anybody ever had the thought of writing a song using mainly band titles from the 70's and 80's? With all those silly band names like Journey, Survivor, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, and Queen running around, I'm sure it's possible. Plenty of nouns.

Fuzzy
10-22-2012, 09:49 PM
You kids and your terrible alternative rock/metal. It's all about Johnny Cash, Elvis, N.W.A., 2Pac, NOTORIOUS B.I.G., Beach Boys, QUEEN, AC/DC, Elton John, DIO, Simon and Garfunkel, Michael Jackson, and Journey.

You got some good taste, just add The Who, Pink Floyd Led Zeppelin and Boston to the above and it will be perfect.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Lol Spartan talks like his music is the best but he only mentioned about 3 artists I like.

Puba knows what's up though!!!

Raider0614
10-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Animals As Leaders, TRAM, Black Sabbath, Dio, Pink Floyd, Megadeth (better than Metallica, just sayin'), Ozzy's solo stuff (Randy Rhodes era, mind you), Guns n Roses, The Police, and the No Prayer for the Dying album by Iron Maiden

- - - Updated - - -

Puba knows what's up though!!!

He knows who showed him all that lol

SuRroundeD By 1
10-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Oh god this thread is full of win, currently, I love Bacon, Fuzzy, and Spartan for their choice in music XD

Basically I'm a classic rock kid, love 80's music, hell, the only three songs I know in full on my guitar are: Back in Black, Highway to Hell, and Rock n' Roll Train (Maybe Jessie's Girl and Wonderwall too . . . haven't played Wonderwall in a while though and I don't have the second half of the Jessie's Girl solo down). Me and Irelandwolf jam every so often at his house, and we sound AWESOME! Or at least that's what I like to think XD

Hmm . . . favorite artists:

AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Boston, Aerosmith, Gun's n' Rose's, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Eddy Money, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, KISS, The Kinks, Ted Nugent (sp), Rush, Chris Daughtry (he actually sounds pretty good, even though he's more modern), Poison, .38 Special, Theory of a Deadman, Eric Clapton, and many, many more in no particular order.

Haha, maybe they all can't be my favorite but every one of them has at least one song I've obsessed over before.

Favorite artist of all time? AC/DC by far, I can play three of their songs in full, the intro to Thunderstruck, the instant beginning to Whiskey on the Rocks . . . I like their music a lot XD

I also love this thread XD

Maxdoggy
10-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Switchfoot and Coldplay atm.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-22-2012, 10:55 PM
A lot of AC/DC listeners in this thread. I like them A LOT too, they are just way too overplayed on the radio IMO. Speaking of overplayed I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Linkin Park (they're really good too, again just overplayed).

@ Raider, Megadeth is another really good metal band, I could listen to Sweating Bullets all day long. But Metallica is #1 out of the Big 4 :rock:

Sicarioano
10-22-2012, 11:00 PM

Somebody give this guy a medal, plus Eagles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Phil Collins.

JonOU812
10-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Alice in Chains, Alter Bridge, Buckethead, Daft Punk, Foo Fighters, Guns N Roses, Gorillaz, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Nirvana, Ozzy, Rush, Shinedown. Soundgarden, STP, VAN HALEN! And that's just my mp3.

Nocte
10-23-2012, 09:01 AM
You can't not love the Eagles.

Spartanbh
10-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Somebody give this guy a medal, plus Eagles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Phil Collins.

Oh my god how could I forget about CCR. Fortunate Son is one of the greatest pump up songs for playing war games of all time. I love CCR XD. Plus the eagles and Phil Collins are pretty cool too. Judge me or not...but I also love Katy Perry and Beyonce....

Yehsus' favorite band is Nickelback.

Al Capone111
10-23-2012, 11:05 AM
At night when I'm trying to sleep, Pink Floyd. And no, I am not a stoner.

While driving my playlist consist of Metallica, Deadmau5, Led Zep, Beastie Boys, Eminem, RAtM, SoaD, and such. A nice rounded playlist.

Yehsus' favorite band is Nickelback.

Kill him

Juggernaut9473
10-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Disturbed, and Megadeth

Specact
10-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Deftones, ATB, Excision, Kid Cudi, Hopsin, Lupe Fiasco, 10 Years, SoaD, a lot of random Trance producers, and Eric Clapton. And also pretty much anyone who resembles the above bands.

VerbotenDonkey
10-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Metallica will always be my favorite band. Followed by:

Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, CCR, Old Crow Medicine Show, Dave Rawlings Machine, Gillian Welch, Caravan Palace, Rob/White Zombie, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Weird Al, Rage Against the Machine, Rise Against, Volbeat, Godsmack.

I could keep going but I'll stop xD

But of course, the best is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGLqm1K2H6o

GARY MOTHERFUCKIN' OAKS THEME.

JigokuNoNinja15
10-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Right now, I primarily listen to bands and artists like Beach House, Bombay Bicycle Club, Two Door Cinema Club, Beatles, Michael Kiwanuka, Chicago and various others. All time favorite playlist has to be a compilation of the album 'Kind of Blue' by Miles Davis, 'Portrait of Jazz' by Bill Evans Trio, and 'Moanin' by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers. Oh and some Debussy for added flavor.

Deathhawk
10-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Uh,

I listen to rap.

LyricsMode
10-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Hollywood undead, Linkin Park, Three days grace (New album is amazing tbh) and Eminem. Never get enough Eminem.

IrelandWolf
10-31-2012, 08:44 AM
ACDC had got to be my all time favorite band. Even love their new stuff.