PDA

View Full Version : Accidents

Rokkman X
10-24-2012, 05:23 PM
There should be a counter that counts how many days that we've not had an infraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing they've got in industrial areas or factories.

57 Days accident free!

- - - Updated - - -

57 is a fictitious figure.

silversleek
10-24-2012, 05:41 PM
lol good idea. it sounds quite amusing. the only downside i can see is discouraging new recruits that see "zero days"

Fuzzy
10-24-2012, 05:43 PM
It would be quite a depressing counter though, especially since it will always be minuscule numbers.

MedeDust
10-24-2012, 06:58 PM
I'd be a winner, I've never had one.

Juggernaut9473
10-24-2012, 07:01 PM

same

Coda
10-24-2012, 07:13 PM
would this be a counter for each person? or for the site in general?

Fuzzy
10-24-2012, 07:24 PM

This post has just rewarded you a infraction.

bazongaman502
10-24-2012, 07:52 PM

because you are the one that gives them out lol

Rokkman X
10-24-2012, 07:55 PM
For the site in general. It would promote more discipline, if anyone were to mess up a good count, they would get the added shame of being the one that fucked it up for the whole site.

- - - Updated - - -

Or one for each faction.

Coda
10-24-2012, 08:08 PM
For the site in general. It would promote more discipline, if anyone were to mess up a good count, they would get the added shame of being the one that fucked it up for the whole site.

- - - Updated - - -

Or one for each faction.

I actually kind of like this idea. It could make people behave better by everyone trying to see just how high the number can go. and underneath the number could be something showing the highest it's ever been. However, it could also bring more attention to infractions. Which isn't a good thing. It's good that they generally stay behind closed doors. But, I think the counter would be a good idea. I think it would do more good than bad.

Choca Cola
10-24-2012, 08:11 PM
I've only had one infraction, and that's because Tacos decided to T-Bag REDDs and I was punished :/

Anyways that's a pretty good idea.

VerbotenDonkey
10-24-2012, 08:25 PM
You KNOW that if this gets added and the number gets high, some douche is gonna get an infraction simply to make it go back down to 0, right?

Coda
10-24-2012, 08:38 PM
You KNOW that if this gets added and the number gets high, some douche is gonna get an infraction simply to make it go back down to 0, right?

I really hope not <_< to prevent that from happening, if the number got really high, maybe everyone could be awarded a certain amount of vCash? and the next milestone it gets higher, etc.

bazongaman502
10-24-2012, 08:43 PM
i dont think we need this... we dont need people waving their arms around basically saying "im better then you". Thats just asking for problems and gives trolls (yes, we have them here) a reason to go after people for no reason other then for them to drop their numbers and get them in trouble either through army OR by community wide infraction

Coda
10-24-2012, 08:46 PM
i dont think we need this... we dont need people waving their arms around basically saying "im better then you". Thats just asking for problems and gives trolls (yes, we have them here) a reason to go after people for no reason other then for them to drop their numbers and get them in trouble either through army OR by community wide infraction

There definitely are cons to this. But, the idea can be improved upon to find something that would work. I think it's a decent idea, once it's perfected

Fuzzy
10-24-2012, 09:12 PM

Rokkman is talking about the community as a whole having one counter not every individual, not that I am saying I like the idea or not just letting you know what his suggestion was.

Sicarioano
10-24-2012, 09:17 PM
trolls

What's a "troll"?

silversleek
10-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Thats just asking for problems and gives trolls (yes, we have them here) a reason to go after people for no reason other then for them to drop their numbers and get them in trouble either through army OR by community wide infraction

people that would purposely try to sabotage the community?
we don't need those people. it'll just be a good system to root them out with.

I really hope not <_< to prevent that from happening, if the number got really high, maybe everyone could be awarded a certain amount of vCash? and the next milestone it gets higher, etc.

all of this.

DarkS1de Reborn
10-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Hell I have infractions for shit that is retarded, for example my random cussing XD and telling people to suck a dick if they don't like what I say. Still find it rather funny that it was considered disrespectful to tell people to suck a dick if they didn't like what I had to say considering it has no disrespectful meaning, just me being a smartass lol. Also have another infraction that is total shit because it NEVER happened and it was proven to never have happened and that GhostHammer assumed I did something based on someone else saying something and I proved them and him wrong lol.

Coda
10-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Hell I have infractions for shit that is retarded, for example my random cussing XD and telling people to suck a dick if they don't like what I say. Still find it rather funny that it was considered disrespectful to tell people to suck a dick if they didn't like what I had to say considering it has no disrespectful meaning, just me being a smartass lol. Also have another infraction that is total shit because it NEVER happened and it was proven to never have happened and that GhostHammer assumed I did something based on someone else saying something and I proved them and him wrong lol.

If someone got an infraction for something that didn't happen, once it was proved to have not happened, the number could go back to the way it was supposed to. If we decide to do the counter thing, that is.

Reaper
10-25-2012, 07:57 PM
and what if someone is falsely given a infraction but its then removed cause the person was innocent (like when ghosthammer gave me my infraction without checking if it was true or not), will the counter be restored to normal or will they be forced to start over? cause last time i checked, even if a infraction is reversed, its still stuck their for you to see for the rest of time.

Raider0614
10-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Hell I have infractions for shit that is retarded, for example my random cussing XD and telling people to suck a dick if they don't like what I say. Still find it rather funny that it was considered disrespectful to tell people to suck a dick if they didn't like what I had to say considering it has no disrespectful meaning, just me being a smartass lol

Um, what?

I think it would be most profitable to read that part over again...for your sake at least.

Silko
10-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Wow only took 3 pages before this thread took a turn....