PDA

View Full Version : FC Update 6.4

Mythonian
10-26-2012, 12:50 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1560809/voteheard.JPG

FC Update 6.4

Ten Days...

As the war for Reach came to a bitter close, the R.E.D.D. stood atop the planet victorious,
claiming the planet for the Empire once again. Chasing their foes who fled before them,
the Imperial giant pushed the B.L.U.E. back into the stars. For a moment, it had seemed like
the war was over. That the Empire had once and for all crushed the Brotherhood in a decisive
victory. This victory however, was to be short lived, as their foe morphed before their eyes...

#BlameMetkil

So I'm trying my best to make #BlameMetkil a fad. It's something that Raz sort of started almost exactly two years ago in FC Update 1.5 (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?438-FC-Update-1-5), where he said the following:
After every update i would like to have a "BLAME STOSH" Video (someone in FC gave this idea, and liked it). I was thinking on calling the segment "BLAME Metty" as in Blame Metkil, cuz its always his fault .So, #BlameMetkil is becoming a reality.

And by "reality" I mean "analogous to @FC_Wars", which means going here (https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23BlameMetkil ) is very similar to going here (http://www.twitter.com/FC_Wars), or sort of here (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?7988-BlameMetkil).

So, basically, refer to it as a way for us (and you guys) to talk about the website. We can all #BlameMetkil together!

Oh, and I may or may not have just inadvertently added another easter egg to the site. #BlameMetkil!

...In the desperate final battle of Eposz, Brotherhood forces located and secured vital data
from the Empire, including data on Spartan-IV production. As they fled the system to rejoin
their brethren along the Outer Colonies, the B.L.U.E. command put forward a plan to wipe the
galaxy clean of the Empire forever. Establishing the Brotherhood Alliance as a political front,
the B.L.U.E. now had a counter to the Empire on all fronts...

The War Council

So, some of you may have taken note that Metkil and I joined the BLUE (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?5288-B-L-U-E-Enlistment-Office&p=94417&viewfull=1#post94417) two days ago. This was an attempt for us to get more involved in the community and also since we haven't really played in the wars in over two years. Being neutral is kinda boring after a few years. xD

So, with that happening I'm stepping down from the position as War Director and the holder of the neutral vote within the War Council.

And, by unanimous vote of the War Council,

Precursor GhostHammer will now take on the title of War Director, its responsibilities, and the War Council vote that comes with it.

When asked about this decision, he had the following to say:
(/._.)/ TO THE WINDOW

\(._.\) TO THE WALL!On a side note, I will take up a Web Admin position and act as an adviser to the War Council. I'll still be doing 90% of what I did before, including Forge, Statbook, administration of the site, etc., so basically if you had a reason to PM me before now, I'm still the guy to send that PM to.

However, one thing that I will not be doing is setting up the battles and doing the whole "Good luck, have fun, play nice, and save the films afterward!" spiel before each match (although I'll still do it in the games I'm in).

Hope to see you guys on the battlefield!

...As the two factions faced off, they turned to vital data secured from Forerunner
installations on Reach. Scores of valuable information detailing Forerunner installations
soon became a priority for both sides as they each reached their full potential. Amassing
the largest armadas in decades, both the Brotherhood Alliance and the Empire sent forth their
best soldiers to start this new war for the galaxy...

Community Name for Halo 4

Refer to the poll above. As we've done multiple times in the past, we're changing the community's subtitle. Here's a refresher:

In Halo 2, we were known as Red vs Blue Retaliation.
In Halo 3, we changed to Forerunner Conflict and later switched to Forerunner Conflict: Origins and Forerunner Conflict: Reborn.
In Halo: Reach, we changed to Forerunner Conflict: Revolutions.

As Halo 2 was ending, the community was involved in voting for the name the community was used. At that time, Forerunner Conflict won out.

Now, moving on to the next game in the series, we're leaving it up the community once again. Initially we were planning on doing it secretly and springing it up as a surprise (like at the start of Reach), but the WC/HC tied (seriously, perfectly split down the middle) on two options, so we gave up on secrecy (there are plenty of other secrets, though).

We asked the community for a bunch of suggestions (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?7977-Community-We-Want-You!), and you guys gave us a lot of suggestions, some of which were actually good. We looked over them and picked out a few good ones.

Forerunner Conflict: Escalation (FC:E)
Forerunner Conflict: Generations (FC:G)
Forerunner Conflict: Liberation (FC:L)
Forerunner Conflict: Reclamation (FC:Rec)
Forerunner Conflict: Supremacy (FC:S)

So, vote for which one you want the community to be named!

...The Royal Enforcer Deployment Division and the Brotherhood Legion of United Exiles would face
off once more. A conflict of epic proportions with the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance...

Halo 4 War Start Date(s)

So, I'm pretty sure almost everyone has had a general idea that we'll be starting the First War in Halo 4 in January, right?

Well, we decided that the exact date for the start of the First War of Halo 4 will be...

January 6th, 2013, at 6:00 PM EST!And that's not all!

Since we've got a lot of ideas (and we still want moar) (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?7932-FC-Update-6-3), we decided that we'd like to test them out in a true Beta War (like what we wanted to do with Reach but never actually did).

The Beta War will be used to test settings, maps, and ideas for the war simulation. If you'd like to suggest something, feel free to, but otherwise we'll be testing out as much as we can.

We decided that this Beta War...

Starts November 18th, 2012 and lasts until December 23rd, 2012!This Beta War will be much less formal. We won't have a Rules of Engagement set in stone, we won't have pre-defined setups for settings or maps, etc. We'll be doing everything on the fly and see what works. This means that if need be, we'll be changing a hell of a lot of stuff from one week to the next.

Keep in mind that this Beta War is not being considered an actual war. It will not have a winner or a loser, and it's only purpose is (1) to test things out so that the actual First War works out really well, and (2) to give you guys an organized and fun thing to do every Sunday for that six-week period.

We're slowly working out all the details of everything, but in the meantime feel free to #BlameMetkil and find those easter eggs!

~Mythonian

Sicarioano
10-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Forerunner Conflict: Escalation (FC:E)

MedeDust
10-26-2012, 02:26 AM
There will be some sweet new stuff to come still, if you want some more hints follow me @mededust (https://twitter.com/mededust)

#BlameMetkil

bazongaman502
10-26-2012, 03:03 AM
awsome update sir!

cant wait to kill you :devil:

zZ Dr K Zz
10-26-2012, 04:02 AM
Supremacy FTW!

VerbotenDonkey
10-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Supremacy FTW!

Guzzie
10-26-2012, 11:00 AM
FC: Generations for me. I think it embodies the legacy that FC has had throughout all of the time that it has been around. FC: Legacy?

Blackhawk570
10-26-2012, 11:13 AM
FC: Blackhawk

Nocte
10-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Supremacy, we've had to many R type names.

Escalation just doesn't make sense, what's Escalating? The war we've been fighting for 6-7 years? No.

Generations just sounds like the sub-name for an old 90's show. (I loved the 90's, but c'mon.)

Spartanbh
10-26-2012, 11:48 AM
#BlameMetkil

#Yehsusisanasshole

Kcr33d
10-26-2012, 11:59 AM
I Like FC: S, sounds like REDD and BLUE have become more like equals, story based wise.

Coda
10-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Yeah. I voted for supremacy. I think it makes the most sense, and makes stuff a bit different. FC:S

VerbotenDonkey
10-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Escalation just doesn't make sense, what's Escalating? The war we've been fighting for 6-7 years? No.

^ Like I said Mythonian, would have been better if we released a bit more so people had more information to base their votes off of. :P

Coda
10-26-2012, 12:05 PM
^ Like I said Mythonian, would have been better if we released a bit more so people had more information to base their votes off of. :P

Is something escalating then? Are we going to have escalators now? Finally! I can stop using the stairs

GhostHammer
10-26-2012, 12:10 PM
In the end guys...

(/._.)/ TO THE WINDOW

\(._.\) TO THE WALL!

Silko
10-26-2012, 12:28 PM
I like the whole FC:R thing. Shows the evolution of this community.

iFurrious
10-26-2012, 12:40 PM
In the end guys...

(/._.)/ TO THE WINDOW

\(._.\) TO THE WALL!

Haha so that is why you sent me this. I seriously thought you were drunk. =P

MedeDust
10-26-2012, 12:40 PM
In the end guys...

(/._.)/ TO THE WINDOW

\(._.\) TO THE WALL!

Weve lost him!

Coda
10-26-2012, 12:42 PM
(/._.)/ TO THE WINDOW

\(._.\) TO THE WALL!

From where I am, it actually is to the window and to the wall <_<

Daaaah Whoosh
10-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Sounds like it's too late for suggestions, but I think we should be called Forerunner- Conflict Evolved.

Choca Cola
10-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Nice update Skynet

and btw, Escalation: to increase in extent, volume, number, amount, intensity, or scope.

Salvanous
10-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Escalation means the following: to increase in intensity, magnitude, etc.: to escalate a war; a time when prices escalate.

Frankly, I think it may have some meaning, but it's a bit too vague on it's meaning, it could also mean escalation of drama, trouble, distributions, and frankly don't care for it.

Generations of course means the following: a group of individuals, most of whom are the same approximate age, having similar ideas, problems, attitudes, etc.

This would be good, but we do have age gaps, and frankly when we deal with "veteran's complaints" and just talked about wanting to up the age restrictions here, I don't feel that cohesive, and frankly I don't think it fits.

Liberation would fit well, as it means: the act or fact of gaining equal rights or full social or economic opportunities for a particular group.

This could correlate with a twist in the lore for making BLUE seem to grow in army capacity and equipment, which would make sense with the expansion of forerunner weaponry. With that being said though, I am against it due to the fact we have "Liberation" as a gametype, and it just seems like we copy pasted, and looks lazy IMO.

Reclamation to me is my vote. It means the following: to claim or demand the return or restoration of, as a right, possession, etc.

As we have been called "reclaimers" by those of forerunner origin, and we are starting into the forerunner technology being used in larger extent, it would make perfect sense to use this.

Supremacy to me.... It just sounds arrogant of us, it to me feels like too much of an attempt to compensate for something.

Update:

*facepalms at the fact Supremacy seems to have the most votes*

SuRroundeD By 1
10-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I also agree with Salvanous, at first I was with the crowd of "too many 'R's" but now that I think about it, Reclamation actually makes perfect sense.

We're taking what the Forerunners left and using it now, not just equipment or a sentinel beam, an entire set of Forerunner equipment. Reclamation sounds perfect for Halo 4's kind of feel and back story.

Blackhawk570
10-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Fantastic Update, keep up the good work.

ThatRussianBear
10-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Do we have to change our name?

Graycochea
10-26-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm not really worried about the FIRST LETTER of the word, I'm worried about whether or not the ACTUAL WORD fits with theme and setting of not only FC, but also Halo 4. Something that can convey our connection to the game. Supremacy and Liberation wouldn't work. Generation wouldn't if there's an age limit set, that leaves Escalation and Reclamation. I don't know what's Escalating, but I agree with Surrounded on his explanation of Reclamation. The whole "taking what the Forerunners left behind..." thing. Out of all of them, Reclamation makes the most sense story and community wise.

Coda
10-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I agree about reclamation. But, I wanted to get rid of all the "R"s. So, I voted for Supremacy.

Graycochea
10-26-2012, 10:48 PM
I honestly don't care about the R's. Does anyone even say "Forerunner Conflict: Revolutions" when they talk about FC? Does anyone even say "FC: Revolutions"? I don't think I've ever even used the subtitle while talking about FC. If I'm talking to someone from the site, I just say "The Site" and if I'm not talking to someone from "The Site" I say "Have you heard of/Are you a part of/What do you like about, FC". I don't think I even knew we had a subtitle until 3-4 weeks after I joined.

Why do we even have a subtitle? <--- Someone in the upper echelons answer this question.

And I haven't been around for the other subtitles so the R doesn't bother me. Also, it's not R's fault that it's the first letter of the best fitting words for a subtitle. :oops:

Ahem... Red vs. Blue: Reconstruction, Red vs. Blue: Recreation, Red vs. Blue: Revelation. We are following in the footsteps of some great men and women. Just thought I should point that out.

Also thought I should point out that we sound like a bunch of children with a vendetta against the letter R.

Kids, the Letter R is a friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7qTyqh_hWs

silversleek
10-26-2012, 10:48 PM
hmmm, lots of compelling arguments. very well, if an admin can change my vote from supremecy to reclamation.. pwease?

ArchAngelLloyd
10-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Do we have to change our name?

still forerunner bud every era or game we vote on it last war was revolutions

Mythonian
10-26-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm not really worried about the FIRST LETTER of the word, I'm worried about whether or not the ACTUAL WORD fits with theme and setting of not only FC, but also Halo 4. Something that can convey our connection to the game. Supremacy and Liberation wouldn't work. Generation wouldn't if there's an age limit set, that leaves Escalation and Reclamation. I don't know what's Escalating, but I agree with Surrounded on his explanation of Reclamation. The whole "taking what the Forerunners left behind..." thing. Out of all of them, Reclamation makes the most sense story and community wise.
Just saying, all of them can make perfect sense with the story of the community.

For our lore, the war between the Empire and the Brotherhood is "escalating." They are fighting for "supremacy." BLUE wants to "liberate" planets from the Empire. The Empire wants to "reclaim" the colonies lost to the Brotherhood.

Or, as Maxdoggy described in relation to the actual Halo canon:

Liberation - Represents the freeing of the Outer Colonies from the UNSC after the Human-Covenant War
Escalation - Represents the escalating dissension from the Outer Colonies (mainly the world of Venezia - as talked about in Karen Traviss' novels)
Reclamation - Represents the "Reclaimer" Trilogy that is Halo 4, 5, and 6; Represents the Master Chief, Humanity
Generations - Represents this community as a whole as we have changed over time - much like the games.

Why do we even have a subtitle? <--- Someone in the upper echelons answer this question.

To help identify eras in the community, as well as to describe the lore of the community a bit.

Graycochea
10-26-2012, 11:10 PM
To help identify eras in the community, as well as to describe the lore of the community a bit.

I see, so Revolutions would be the Era of Halo: Reach?

And I was trying to see which would fit with the story of halo and the community. You pretty well summed that up. Thanks Myth.

Vestige
10-26-2012, 11:35 PM
As the war for Reach came to a bitter close, the R.E.D.D. stood atop the planet victorious,
claiming the planet for the Empire once again. Chasing their foes who fled before them,
the Imperial giant pushed the B.L.U.E. back into the stars. For a moment, it had seemed like
the war was over. That the Empire had once and for all crushed the Brotherhood in a decisive
victory. This victory however, was to be short lived, as their foe morphed before their eyes...

...In the desperate final battle of Eposz, Brotherhood forces located and secured vital data
from the Empire, including data on Spartan-IV production. As they fled the system to rejoin
their brethren along the Outer Colonies, the B.L.U.E. command put forward a plan to wipe the
galaxy clean of the Empire forever. Establishing the Brotherhood Alliance as a political front,
the B.L.U.E. now had a counter to the Empire on all fronts...

...As the two factions faced off, they turned to vital data secured from Forerunner
installations on Reach. Scores of valuable information detailing Forerunner installations
soon became a priority for both sides as they each reached their full potential. Amassing
the largest armadas in decades, both the Brotherhood Alliance and the Empire sent forth their
best soldiers to start this new war for the galaxy...

...The Royal Enforcer Deployment Division and the Brotherhood Legion of United Exiles would face
off once more. A conflict of epic proportions with the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance...

HOLY FUCK *COUGH*

Reclamation is approved Rec. When I see "rec" it plays back in my head as relational. I think I will toss my vote at Generations.

Graycochea
10-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Establishing the Brotherhood Alliance as a political front...

Does this mean that there's a Brotherhood Political Party?

Are we having an FC Presidential Election?? We should vote on Nov 6!!! I think you all know why... well maybe Canadians won't know why, or the Englishmen who are a part of the site, but the Americans all know why... It's because that's the day voting commences for President of the United States of America... a lot of Americans are stupid. I thought I should spell it out.

Coda
10-27-2012, 12:10 AM

Are we having an FC Presidential Election?? We should vote on Nov 6!!! I think you all know why... well maybe Canadians won't know why, or the Englishmen who are a part of the site, but the Americans all know why... It's because that's the day voting commences for President of the United States of America... a lot of Americans are stupid. I thought I should spell it out.

It's big enough that my entire CANADIAN family is caught up in it. Trust me. We know

Vestige
10-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Trust me. We know
Yep.

Mythonian
10-27-2012, 12:20 AM

Previously, the BLUE was a military group with a loose leadership structure. However, since they have grown in size and have been rather successful, they have evolved into having a full governing body. The name of this new faction is being called the Brotherhood Alliance. Within the military of that group, the BLUE (Brotherhood Legion of United Exiles) is becoming the elite military group.

Similarly, the REDD (Royal Enforcers Deployment Division) is the elite division of the Empire's military. The faction, though, is called the First Imperium in the lore.

Basically: REDD and BLUE are military elites (i.e., Spartans instead of Marines), while the Empire and Brotherhood are the factions overseeing those military forces.

a lot of Americans are stupid.
This is an unfortunate truth (and is actually the reason why I think that Democratic systems of government are inefficient).

Sicarioano
10-27-2012, 12:28 AM
why I think that Democratic systems of government are inefficient).

We should become a Republic, much like the way Star Wars Universe runs itself. I think it could work a whole lot better.

Mythonian
10-27-2012, 12:31 AM
We should become a Republic, much like the way Star Wars Universe runs itself. I think it could work a whole lot better.

Even that has some issues. Right now, we are technically closer to a Republic than a Democracy, anyways.

Anyways, this is off-topic...

Sicarioano
10-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Even that has some issues. Right now, we are technically closer to a Republic than a Democracy, anyways.

Anyways, this is off-topic...

Yeah my bad, and can you ask Metkil to send me the details on my order for that Halo 4?

And nice update, I like Escalation, we're advancing or escalating, to greater things..I hope at least.

Graycochea
10-27-2012, 12:40 AM
the reason why I think that Democratic systems of government are inefficient.

Could you explain why you think Democracy is inefficient? I'm not trying to be belligerent or instigate a political fight. I just like hearing peoples views on politics so that maybe someone can finally invent a system that will work.

I'm pretty sure a true democracy is where every one person gets a vote on every matter, whereas in the US it's actually a Republic, where the governing body is full of elected officials whom make decisions for the governed. The US apparently likes the idea of being a democracy, so they call our form of government a "Representative Democracy" in high school history class. All the while, the US is actually a Republic and no one will admit it. If we were a true democracy, Joe the Plumber and Rosie the Riveter would get a vote on every bill that passed through the legislative branch of our government. Although it would be hella time consuming, I would rather be a true democracy than a "Representative Democracy".

- - - Updated - - -

It apparently took me a long time to type my post.

Coda
10-27-2012, 12:49 AM
I love all the lore ^_^ this is a great update, and I can't wait to see what the name will become

Mythonian
10-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Could you explain why you think Democracy is inefficient? I'm not trying to be belligerent or instigate a political fight. I just like hearing peoples views on politics so that maybe someone can finally invent a system that will work.

I'm pretty sure a true democracy is where every one person gets a vote on every matter, whereas in the US it's actually a Republic, where the governing body is full of elected officials whom make decisions for the governed. The US apparently likes the idea of being a democracy, so they call our form of government a "Representative Democracy" in high school history class. All the while, the US is actually a Republic and no one will admit it. If we were a true democracy, Joe the Plumber and Rosie the Riveter would get a vote on every bill that passed through the legislative branch of our government. Although it would be hella time consuming, I would rather be a true democracy than a "Representative Democracy".

- - - Updated - - -

It apparently took me a long time to type my post.

To prevent this thread from getting more off-topic, please create a new thread about it in the appropriate subforum and I'll be happy to explain my reasoning (probably tomorrow since I don't plan on staying up too much longer tonight).

Salvanous
10-27-2012, 03:22 AM
Gotta say, happy we are seeing Reclamation make a come back, to me it just makes the most sense, and those who say they want to get rid of the "R's", I just gotta say that does looking at the letter R really bother you? I would prefer that the name of the site, and what is occurring lore wise make the most sense.

GhostHammer
10-27-2012, 03:34 AM
Once this poll is finished guys, if it's this close, we'll more than likely start another one with just those two options. There are almost as many votes for the other options as there are for the first 2 combined.

Salvanous
10-27-2012, 03:42 AM
Pressing for Reclamation all the way.

Harry
10-27-2012, 04:36 AM
Gotta go with generations.

HALO 4 WILL BE THE START OF A NEW ONE!

BloodxFangz
10-27-2012, 08:32 AM
yes i debated between reclamation and generations but reclamation is the only thing i feel is appropriate for halo 4 giving the forerunner return and the humans finally becoming one of the most dominate races once again after years of trying and being set back to nothing time and time again

Salvanous
10-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Gotta go with generations.

HALO 4 WILL BE THE START OF A NEW ONE!

Generations applies that there is more of a new and the old. We debate enough about age restrictions here, and frankly it doesn't make sense in our book of lore, and what will be occuring with Halo 4. :/

ArchAngelLloyd
10-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Supremacy sounds to much like ww2 Nazi supremacy. The other 2 are ok Honestly Salv is right Reclamation makes the most sence for fitting in with what ive learned what the F. C is all about lore wise. Thats just my opinion.

Deathhawk
10-27-2012, 03:22 PM
NO DAMMIT NO MORE R's

ArchAngelLloyd
10-27-2012, 08:40 PM
I didnt get the chance to put a name in but if I had my choice it would have been

Eschaton

The end time (also called end times, end of days, last days or eschaton) is a time period described in the eschatological writings in the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Baha'i and Islam) and in doomsday scenarios in Hinduism, Buddhism and various other non-Abrahamic religions.

buuuut that doesent realy go with the lore either just thought it was cool

Mythonian
10-29-2012, 10:29 AM
If anyone has further input on the names, bring it up ASAP! We're running out of time. xD

silversleek
10-29-2012, 02:04 PM
reclamation is in the lead 17-14 (counting my switched vote) so i think we have a winner... unless an entire squad somewhere forgot to vote.

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 02:24 PM
reclamation is in the lead 17-14 (counting my switched vote) so i think we have a winner... unless an entire squad somewhere forgot to vote.

That's 17 - 15.

SuRroundeD By 1
10-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Gah! Tied again . . . who hasn't voted?

xXReiBearXx
10-29-2012, 04:05 PM
If anyone has further input on the names, bring it up ASAP! We're running out of time. xD

Redemption?
Exertion?
Rebound?
Revival?
Resurgence?
Counterinsurgency?
Avengment?
Counterblow?

KazuhLLL
10-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Redemption?
Exertion?