PDA

View Full Version : When are you getting Halo 4?

LyricsMode
10-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Almost sounds like a silly question to some of you, but some of us here might put it off.

I would put a poll but this seems like it could have a lot of answers.

Here's some ideal answers, though:
1.) Nov 6th, Release day.
2.) Nov 8th (a normal payday, thursday that week, so couple of days after)
3.) A few weeks after.
4.) Christmas
5.) I'm not and I'm gay.

There's your choices. I'm getting it Nov 8th, my payday. :)

Juggernaut9473
10-26-2012, 05:57 PM
im going to the midnight release. headed to gamestop as soon as i get off of work

Nocte
10-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Midnight Release!!!!!!

Coda
10-26-2012, 06:18 PM
I preordered it. So... whenever it gets here. probably Nov 6. But it could be the day after or something

LyricsMode
10-26-2012, 06:20 PM
I think I'll be taking a, you know, break from multiplayer to beat campaign. Although I think Coda and I were gonna play co-op. If anyone else wants to join.. Go for it. Just gotta be quiet during the cut-scenes, lol.

Coda
10-26-2012, 06:23 PM
This is what I generally do for campaign... I do it on normal or heroic.. just so I get the story. I don't care if it's solo or co op. Then, once I know everything.. I beat it all on legendary. Co op, and solo. I did that with reach too

LyricsMode
10-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah Coda, I don't really like to have to struggle if I'm picking up the story. Especially if each difficulty is harder this year.

If we get four people on here to do co-op we should do normal then legendary, or something. But I'll do my own normal run probably.

VerbotenDonkey
10-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Was gonna go to Midnight Release and show off my FC shirt to everyone. But I have an Orgo Formal Report due the next day so probably not gonna happen. I'll be getting it during the day on Tuesday =/

Also, anyone know how pre-orders work? I preordered at my Gamestop at home, but now I'm at college and going to a different Gamestop. If I give them my name, will I be able to pick up Halo 4 at a different Gamestop?

Guzzie
10-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Was gonna go to Midnight Release and show off my FC shirt to everyone. But I have an Orgo Formal Report due the next day so probably not gonna happen. I'll be getting it during the day on Tuesday =/

Also, anyone know how pre-orders work? I preordered at my Gamestop at home, but now I'm at college and going to a different Gamestop. If I give them my name, will I be able to pick up Halo 4 at a different Gamestop?
Sadly, no. You have to pick it up at the GameStop you preordered at. I went through the same thing when I was in school. You'll have to make the trip back home, unfortunately.

On topic, I'll be going to the midnight release, and gaming all night. I'll be playing war games until people start going to bed, then I might give the capaign a whirl.

Fuzzy
10-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I will be getting it 20 seconds before 12:00

VerbotenDonkey
10-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Sadly, no. You have to pick it up at the GameStop you preordered at. I went through the same thing when I was in school. You'll have to make the trip back home, unfortunately.

Hmm think it's still possible I can run over to this Gamestop and preorder it here? I'd be out $5 from the other preorder but whatever.

I forget what I did last year with Skyrim, but something similar happened ..

Guzzie
10-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Hmm think it's still possible I can run over to this Gamestop and preorder it here? I'd be out $5 from the other preorder but whatever.

I forget what I did last year with Skyrim, but something similar happened ..
yeah, that would work, not if you preordered the limited edition however. I am sure those are sold out by now.

Acid
10-26-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm not going to get it. I may borrow it from a friend just to play the campaign because I want to see how they flesh out the story. But other than it's a no go.

KazuhLLL
10-26-2012, 06:49 PM

I realized I was in that situation a couple of weeks ago. I called the one I preordered at, the one here, and GameStop customer support and got three different answers about whether or not I could transfer the preorder. I ended up just cancelling my original one and preordering another one at the store near my dorm.

Anyway, I'm most likely going to the midnight premiere to pick up mine :-D

Coda
10-26-2012, 06:55 PM
I think I'll be taking a, you know, break from multiplayer to beat campaign. Although I think Coda and I were gonna play co-op. If anyone else wants to join.. Go for it. Just gotta be quiet during the cut-scenes, lol.

haha agreed. I'll probably do it on my own on normal a few times. Make sure I've picked up on everything for the story. And I'd love to do a 4 player co-op with you FC guys. Then I just have to do it solo..

Graycochea
10-26-2012, 07:07 PM
I'll be at the midnight release, play all morning till class. Probably take a sabbatical from multiplayer for the campaign for a few days, then work on leveling up in multiplayer.

GhostHammer
10-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Same 5 guys and I will be meeting to line up at 3pm at our EB Games (Canadian Gamestop) and begin our usual tradition. Halo books, Halo Risk, videos on Ipads/Laptops, cards, etc. We've done it for every Halo Midnight release since Halo 2. Really looking forward to it.

Blackhawk570
10-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Pre-purchased that shizz. @Quinn yeah you cant go to any gamestop to pick up a preorder it is store specific.

xXReiBearXx
10-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Midnight release FTW!

Vestige
10-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Midnight release. Getting the console.

LyricsMode
10-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah, 4 player coop would be cool. Achievement gaining and story beating together, just be quiet during the cutscenes.

Speaking of achievements I hit 10K gamerscore today :D

Graycochea
10-26-2012, 10:33 PM
I don't mind 4 player co-op, but I don't know if I want to start the game like that. People talking in your ear the whole time, not just during cutscenes, but during gameplay. Like listening to music cues, admiring scenery, being scared or afraid, all that kind of stuff would be more difficult. If you're into that kind of thing. If you're aren't then go for it.

I'm hoping they try to go back to their somewhat horrific roots. I still remember how much 343 Guilty Spark and The Library scared me when I was a kid. They slowly lost that over the years, what with the Covenant growing banal and the insurgence of 12 year olds, they slowly been cutting back on what made Halo: CE great.

I remember burning 3-4 clips of ammo in a Grunt on Silent Cartographer just to see how much blood I could get out of him. The huge puddles of neon sky blue blood that would glow in the dark. In Reach you can't do that anymore. They, I guess you could say, toned back the gore. Sort of depressing. But new developers, new hopes.

I sort of tried to cut up my post so it wasn't a wall of text no one would read, but either way: TL;DR: Reach sucks, high hopes for H4, CE was scary.

P.S. I would love to go through H4 2nd or 3rd time 4 player co-op. Also need to find a team for Spartan Ops.

Coda
10-26-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't mind 4 player co-op, but I don't know if I want to start the game like that. People talking in your ear the whole time, not just during cutscenes, but during gameplay. Like listening to music cues, admiring scenery, being scared or afraid, all that kind of stuff would be more difficult. If you're into that kind of thing. If you're aren't then go for it.

I'm hoping they try to go back to their somewhat horrific roots. I still remember how much 343 Guilty Spark and The Library scared me when I was a kid. They slowly lost that over the years, what with the Covenant growing banal and the insurgence of 12 year olds, they slowly been cutting back on what made Halo: CE great.

I remember burning 3-4 clips of ammo in a Grunt on Silent Cartographer just to see how much blood I could get out of him. The huge puddles of neon sky blue blood that would glow in the dark. In Reach you can't do that anymore. They, I guess you could say, toned back the gore. Sort of depressing. But new developers, new hopes.

I sort of tried to cut up my post so it wasn't a wall of text no one would read, but either way: TL;DR: Reach sucks, high hopes for H4, CE was scary.

P.S. I would love to go through H4 2nd or 3rd time 4 player co-op. Also need to find a team for Spartan Ops.

If I was doing it with just REDWATCH guys, I'd make sure we weren't just chatting while shooting up the baddies. We'd be communicating, and planning. Sure, there could be some chatting. But not a lot.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Was gonna go to Midnight Release and show off my FC shirt to everyone.

But Gamestop by my house was sold out of the limited edition copies, and so was best buy, target, the gamestop website, Amazon.com, etc....

I was lucky enough to find a copy on target.com....but now they're even sold out. I ordered express delivery so I should be getting it on the day of but i don't know when.

Silko
10-26-2012, 10:57 PM
On the way back from school so at like 6:30 in the afternoon :(

Graycochea
10-26-2012, 11:02 PM
If I was doing it with just REDWATCH guys, I'd make sure we weren't just chatting while shooting up the baddies. We'd be communicating, and planning. Sure, there could be some chatting. But not a lot.

No, yeah. If you can rein in your group, then go for it. I just feel like the people I would probably choose to play with, if I did it, would be difficult to keep quiet, keep on task, etc. I would rather play alone and get the intended Halo 4 experience, instead of trading the experience for wrangling a bunch of assholes who can't seem to shut the fuck up even if they tried. I would play 4 player co-op after I've gone through the story a few times, got the intended affect, maybe memorized a few lines.

VerbotenDonkey
10-26-2012, 11:09 PM

I plan on taking my first run on Campaign Co-Op and Spartan Ops VERY tactically. A perfect military simulation style. So tight comms, one person as lead, doing scouting objectives, everyone has a role. As long as people follow it, it'll be perfect.

Coda
10-26-2012, 11:14 PM
I plan on taking my first run on Campaign Co-Op and Spartan Ops VERY tactically. A perfect military simulation style. So tight comms, one person as lead, doing scouting objectives, everyone has a role. As long as people follow it, it'll be perfect.

*REDWATCH high five*

Graycochea
10-26-2012, 11:16 PM

I would love to do that, but my friends aren't like that. They can't follow orders or anything.

Originally, that's what I thought FC was. Everyone working together as a uniform unit, making plans in a base, and scouting. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Also, that's the reason I so very much want to do the LARP. I think the LARP is more like what you described than what actually happens during a normal battlenight, which are two totally different things.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-26-2012, 11:22 PM

If you ever have room for one more I'm sure a certain Field Marshal would have fun doing that :whistle:

VerbotenDonkey
10-27-2012, 12:15 AM
I would love to do that, but my friends aren't like that. They can't follow orders or anything.

Originally, that's what I thought FC was. Everyone working together as a uniform unit, making plans in a base, and scouting. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Also, that's the reason I so very much want to do the LARP. I think the LARP is more like what you described than what actually happens during a normal battlenight, which are two totally different things.

I'll start forging for the LARP ASAP. Unfortunately, it looks like there isn't another Forge World Map, so it probably won't be as Epic cause the Map will be smaller. But we'll see. Sounds like you're REDWATCH material though :P We play tactically a lot, have a training program to teach people to play tactically. It's fun. Not many people enjoy military simulation, but when we get a large group of people who do, it does go really great. Feel free to tag along if we need an extra dude, I have big plans for Spartan Ops and Campaign runs with military simulation.

If you ever have room for one more I'm sure a certain Field Marshal would have fun doing that :whistle:

I'll keep that in mind ;)

*REDWATCH high five*

*REDWATCH bro fist* Because we are brothers. :)

Sicarioano
10-27-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm getting mine from winning it in the FC drawing competition thing, so most likely the day it comes out. And people take this game to far. Run campaign by yourself in like 8 hours (5-6 if you're good) and be done with it lol.

LyricsMode
10-27-2012, 12:38 AM
So unlucky, coda, myself and verboten, do I smell a Spartan ops/ co-op campaign team?

Coda
10-27-2012, 12:43 AM
So unlucky, coda, myself and verboten, do I smell a Spartan ops/ co-op campaign team?

And basically anyone else in REDWATCH. It'll be a blast :) I'd want to run the others through Project DUIS though. Just to make sure they know what to say and how to say it

Edit: oh, and @Donkey *REDWATCH bro fist* much better

VerbotenDonkey
10-27-2012, 01:04 AM
And basically anyone else in REDWATCH. It'll be a blast :) I'd want to run the others through Project DUIS though. Just to make sure they know what to say and how to say it

Edit: oh, and @Donkey *REDWATCH bro fist* much better

I'll see if I can get any insight on the first few Spartan Ops missions so I can start labeling off areas and such. Same with campaign. It'll probably be more fun to do it on the fly while we're deployed on the field though.

Graycochea
10-27-2012, 01:12 AM
I'll start forging for the LARP ASAP.

Freakin' do it. I want to try the LARP so bad. Have wanted to since I've joined.

Sounds like you're REDWATCH material though :P

That's a really scary thought... because REDWATCH is REDD... and I'm BLUE.

We play tactically a lot, have a training program to teach people to play tactically. It's fun.

Could I enter the program or would I have to be a REDD?

Not many people enjoy military simulation, but when we get a large group of people who do, it does go really great.

I've never actually tried or participated in a military simulation. Like I said, I thought that's what FC was. I feel like I would really like it though. I know people who bitch and moan because a games multiplayer isn't fast paced enough. I personally hate how fast paced it is. I want battle strategies and maneuvering, I want there to be planning, plotting, and dare I say scheming. I want a military structure, I want "Yes Sir"s. I want there to be lookouts, and scouting and I want vehicles to be used for more than just their turrets. I want convoys of vehicles working in sync. Remember Tip of the Spear at the beginning where all the vehicles are going into battle, I want that, which is why I'm pumped for Planetside 2 which Rokk has totally gotten me excited about. I want 4 man squads with a kick ass sniper who takes his time from the other end of the map, not some MLG 1337 who can no scope a guys head off from 3 feet. Basically, I want it to be a single step above the linear war tactics used in the American Revolution.

Feel free to tag along if we need an extra dude, I have big plans for Spartan Ops and Campaign runs with military simulation.

HELL FUCKING YES!!! If you ever need a man for tactical anything, let me know. I don't know anything about it yet, but I'll learn.

And for any BLUEs who read this and think I'm licking REDD boots, Shut the Fuck up and Get the Fuck out. I came to FC for tactical gameplay and by god I will get it if it kills me. Plus we're a community, we don't have to be at each others throats all the time.

Coda
10-27-2012, 01:24 PM
LOTS OF STUFF

I'm the one who runs the tactical training program. I'm the one who created it. Most of REDWATCH has been trained in it. If you want to join REDD, you can. Any BLUE can join REDD, and any REDD can join BLUE. It's all up to you (that rhymed). If you want to join us for some stuff, I know I'd be happy to have you. We could play a few tactical campaign games until H4 comes out. Firefight works too. You could join at least me, and we do something tactical and formal, and you can see how you like it. How's that?

Graycochea
10-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Well, I don't want to join REDD(yet) but I would like to see how military sim/tactical gameplay would work. People have flip flopped from one to the other in the past(between REDD and BLUE), so I think I may wait out this war and think about joining REDD next war. Or join REDD for the Beta War and make my decision when the real war comes about.

TL;DR: That would be great.

Coda
10-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Well, I don't want to join REDD(yet) but I would like to see how military sim/tactical gameplay would work. People have flip flopped from one to the other in the past(between REDD and BLUE), so I think I may wait out this war and think about joining REDD next war. Or join REDD for the Beta War and make my decision when the real war comes about.

TL;DR: That would be great.

Yeah, no problem. Feel free to message me on XBL, and we can get something figured out.

Harry
10-27-2012, 02:26 PM
MIDNIGHT RLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEASEFAWEFAWEF

Juggernaut9473
10-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I might have to have some midnight shenanary with some of my boys in REDWATCH

Rokkman X
10-27-2012, 05:47 PM
The SIXTH!

GAMEHEEL
10-28-2012, 06:21 PM
November 10th, Saturday....